Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale NOT a tv match 16:46 - Jan 7 with 5023 viewsCockneyDale

Let's save it for the 5th round....
Dale NOT a tv match on 16:49 - Jan 7 with 3743 viewsrafc1984

Who is?
Dale NOT a tv match on 16:50 - Jan 7 with 3731 viewsCockneyDale

Going to try and paste from twitter on my phone:

@SportOnTheBox: #Football: FA Cup 4th Round - @BTSport to show Arsenal v Coventy, Stevenage v Everton & Sheff U v Norwich or Fulham: http://t.co/5DLVM3KBaA

@SportOnTheBox: #Football: FA Cup 4th Round - @ITV to screen Bournemouth or Burton v Liverpool & Chelsea v Stoke City: http://t.co/LKapUkfA4k

Sexier ties, including lower league teams, in fairness
Dale NOT a tv match on 16:52 - Jan 7 with 3718 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Each tie involves a Premier League club.

Magic of the cup.
Dale NOT a tv match on 16:55 - Jan 7 with 3697 viewsStatzdale

fooking ridiculous

The full list is 24.1.2014 Arsenal v Coventry BT SPORT

25.1.2014 Bournemouth / Burton v Liverpool ( ITV )
Stevenage v Everton ( BT )

26.1.2014 Sheffield United v Norwich / Fulham (BT )
Chelsea v Stoke City ( ITV )

Arsenal for the second time is bloody ridiculous , it's not like they need the money is it
Dale NOT a tv match on 16:56 - Jan 7 with 3685 viewsKenBoon

Chelsea vs Stoke is a rubbish tie. It's only been chosen because it's Chelsea.
Dale NOT a tv match on 16:56 - Jan 7 with 3686 viewsaleanddale

Chelsea v Stoke FFS!!! what a joke.

Not Saying Dale v Macc or Wendies should be on TV but the above leaves me most cold.
Dale NOT a tv match on 16:58 - Jan 7 with 3680 viewsCockneyDale

Dale NOT a tv match on 16:52 - Jan 7 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

Each tie involves a Premier League club.

Magic of the cup.

So therefore scope for an upset: which is the magic of the FA cup, no?

They've got burton, Bournemouth, Stevenage and Coventry in there: seems fair enough to me, much as I'd like us on tv. I think the winners of our 4th round tie, whoever it is, stand an excellent chance of being on, given who's likely to still be in the cup at that point
Dale NOT a tv match on 17:00 - Jan 7 with 3668 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dependant on quite a few replays, Dale may just be the lowest ranked team in the 4th round......surely,that in itself is worth a TV appearance?

Who makes these decisions?

Stoke v Chelsea...............Euuuuuuch!
Login to get fewer ads

Dale NOT a tv match on 17:00 - Jan 7 with 3668 viewsPaulH84

Even worse than us missing out think about Southend.

You would imagine given Phil Browns connections, League 2 vs Premiership, that tie would have been nailed on for TV.

Shocking
Dale NOT a tv match on 17:10 - Jan 7 with 3622 viewsDaley_Lama

Agree re: Southend, would have put their tie above ours for TV.

Especially as we don't know who we are playing yet, TV will not schedule on the basis of Dale v potentially Wendies.

Equally, both channels showing matches are commercial channels. The romance of the cup goes out of the window when considering pricing for advertising while the game is on. Premiership teams on TV will demand a higher price than Dale versus whoever.

TV selections are not romantic nor charitable decisions, they are commercial ones.

Poll: DF in or out

Dale NOT a tv match on 17:14 - Jan 7 with 3607 viewsToffeemanc

We were never going to be on TV this round. Rightly or wrongly it's all about the viewing figures.
Can you imagine if we were selected for TV and then Macc beat the Wendies, they would be left with us against Macc and apart from fans of lower league clubs who would realistically watch it. The viewing figures would be about as big as the attendance on the day! Even us against The Wendies isn't going to get the viewing figures the TV companies want.

Totally agree about the money going to teams that don't need it in the premier league, it's just stupid. The FA need to make a ruling that teams can't be shown live in consecutive rounds until the 6th round, at least it would encourage the TV companies to show other teams instead of those with the mass army of plastic fans who only watch their premier league heroes on TV anyway.

On the plus side any Dale fan who now wants to see this game will have to get their arse to Spotland and buy a ticket instead of staying at home watching on the box.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Dale NOT a tv match on 17:20 - Jan 7 with 3580 viewszxcvbnm

Itv only choosing prem. At least beeb had more understanding of the cup they might well have chosen the Leeds game

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Dale NOT a tv match on 17:23 - Jan 7 with 3566 viewsdingdangblue

Dale NOT a tv match on 17:14 - Jan 7 by Toffeemanc

We were never going to be on TV this round. Rightly or wrongly it's all about the viewing figures.
Can you imagine if we were selected for TV and then Macc beat the Wendies, they would be left with us against Macc and apart from fans of lower league clubs who would realistically watch it. The viewing figures would be about as big as the attendance on the day! Even us against The Wendies isn't going to get the viewing figures the TV companies want.

Totally agree about the money going to teams that don't need it in the premier league, it's just stupid. The FA need to make a ruling that teams can't be shown live in consecutive rounds until the 6th round, at least it would encourage the TV companies to show other teams instead of those with the mass army of plastic fans who only watch their premier league heroes on TV anyway.

On the plus side any Dale fan who now wants to see this game will have to get their arse to Spotland and buy a ticket instead of staying at home watching on the box.

On the plus side - we've got a chance of winning the game now! We ain't the best when the live cameras turn up.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dale NOT a tv match on 17:28 - Jan 7 with 3538 views_dezzy

I'm actually happy we not been chose,
A ; no bloody camera ruining my seat like on sat,
B : 3 pm Kick off on a sat, no sunday tea time etc kick offs

KHBA

Dale NOT a tv match on 18:01 - Jan 7 with 3414 viewsRAFC1907

Pro's and Cons really.

Pros for TV:
Increased revenue, publicity, might attract the extra fan, a chance to show the world how good we are :)

Cons:
Bad kick off times, stupid numpty commentators with their (little old Rochdale sayings).

All I can think of please add.....

Poll: Bottomley...

Dale NOT a tv match on 18:03 - Jan 7 with 3393 viewsCockneyDale

Dale NOT a tv match on 17:14 - Jan 7 by Toffeemanc

I think that's a great point about not having clubs on tv in consecutive rounds. Blackburn & City are getting both the original and replay matches shown and Norwich & Fulham are getting their replay and the winners' 5th round match shown: that seems unfair.
Dale NOT a tv match on 18:05 - Jan 7 with 3384 views442Dale

Dale NOT a tv match on 17:28 - Jan 7 by _dezzy

I'm actually happy we not been chose,
A ; no bloody camera ruining my seat like on sat,
B : 3 pm Kick off on a sat, no sunday tea time etc kick offs

We'll be one of the main featured ties for the highlights again so there will be similar camera set-ups for the game. Plus it might be on live in other countries again at 3pm on the Sat.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale NOT a tv match on 18:27 - Jan 7 with 3299 viewsKenBoon

Dale NOT a tv match on 17:20 - Jan 7 by zxcvbnm

Itv only choosing prem. At least beeb had more understanding of the cup they might well have chosen the Leeds game

BBC are just as bad. Next season when they have the rights you'll discover that. It's the same kind of brains making the decisions, whether they're at the BBC, ITV, BT, Sky or Channel 5.
Dale NOT a tv match on 18:40 - Jan 7 with 3218 viewsClivert

Hopefully we can crack on with selling tickets to home fans now that we know that it'll be a 3pm Saturday KO, that's unless GMP want get involved with KO times incase it is Sheffield Wednesday?
Dale NOT a tv match on 18:49 - Jan 7 with 3181 views100notout

Dale NOT a tv match on 18:01 - Jan 7 by RAFC1907

Pro's and Cons really.

Pros for TV:
Increased revenue, publicity, might attract the extra fan, a chance to show the world how good we are :)

Cons:
Bad kick off times, stupid numpty commentators with their (little old Rochdale sayings).

All I can think of please add.....

Pros

we normally play shit when we're live on telly

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Dale NOT a tv match on 19:30 - Jan 7 with 3058 viewsArthurDaley

Dale NOT a tv match on 16:55 - Jan 7 by Statzdale

fooking ridiculous

Arsenal for the second time is bloody ridiculous , it's not like they need the money is it

Arsenal V Coventry, to kick of at 7 - 45.
A lot of unhappy fans.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2535354/Backlash-Twitter-Coven

A large VAT Dave

Dale NOT a tv match on 19:43 - Jan 7 with 3013 viewsTVOS1907

Dale NOT a tv match on 16:55 - Jan 7 by Statzdale

fooking ridiculous

I'm sure their fans and Coventry's are delighted to be playing on a Friday night.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dale NOT a tv match on 19:49 - Jan 7 with 2991 viewsTVOS1907

Dale NOT a tv match on 19:30 - Jan 7 by ArthurDaley

Arsenal V Coventry, to kick of at 7 - 45.
A lot of unhappy fans.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2535354/Backlash-Twitter-Coven

Blimey, only £7.50 from London to Coventry. Bargain!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dale NOT a tv match on 19:54 - Jan 7 with 2973 viewsD_Alien

Dale NOT a tv match on 19:49 - Jan 7 by TVOS1907

Blimey, only £7.50 from London to Coventry. Bargain!

Just as well its at Arsenal

Northampton's ground capacity 7653

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dale NOT a tv match on 23:27 - Jan 7 with 2757 viewsdingdangblue

Dale NOT a tv match on 18:40 - Jan 7 by Clivert

Hopefully we can crack on with selling tickets to home fans now that we know that it'll be a 3pm Saturday KO, that's unless GMP want get involved with KO times incase it is Sheffield Wednesday?

That's one good thing - being able to kick off at the traditional 3.00 Sat afternoon. Can't see police getting involved ,as there didn't seem to be any trouble with the Leeds fans and their huge following (providing Sheff Weds get through).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024