Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wayne Routledge 18:01 - Oct 19 with 10880 viewsKingBony

Waste of space for 95% of every game. game after game I watch his performance and bar a bit of decent pace, the very odd goal he brings nothing to the table for me. No invention, no trickery, no skill, dog shit first touch and pretty much non existent in every other way..... There I said it!

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Wayne Routledge on 18:07 - Oct 19 with 6773 viewsJackanapes

He played through the shyt barrier and finished strongly. Just as well as he started where he left off at Soton. Alot of players had poor first halves. Alls well that ends well.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Wayne Routledge on 18:09 - Oct 19 with 6753 viewsDr_Winston

Wayne Routledge on 18:07 - Oct 19 by Jackanapes

He played through the shyt barrier and finished strongly. Just as well as he started where he left off at Soton. Alot of players had poor first halves. Alls well that ends well.

Probably wouldn't be in the side if Hernandez was fit, but he did end the game strongly. He'll come good again.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wayne Routledge on 18:11 - Oct 19 with 6730 viewsKingBony

Wayne Routledge on 18:07 - Oct 19 by Jackanapes

Trouble is it wasn't just about today he was garbage first half as were most of the others but he consistently miss controls the ball, gives it away cheaply, can't tackle, can't cross, first touch Pah!! What's he bringing? At least Dyer, Hernandez will look to commit their marker and have a run at them? Routs does neither.

Wayne Routledge on 18:13 - Oct 19 with 6709 viewsjandyt

Poor first half, but he wasn't on his own there. I wanted him to be subbed and replaced by Pozuelo, but ultimately glad I was wrong- he improved as the game went on. He made some good passes and chased down the defenders. He's also very hard to shake off the ball

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

Wayne Routledge on 18:14 - Oct 19 with 6694 viewsJackanapes

Wayne Routledge on 18:11 - Oct 19 by KingBony

Trouble is it wasn't just about today he was garbage first half as were most of the others but he consistently miss controls the ball, gives it away cheaply, can't tackle, can't cross, first touch Pah!! What's he bringing? At least Dyer, Hernandez will look to commit their marker and have a run at them? Routs does neither.

I've already commented on his performances of late. I'm not dull enough to let poor form influence my view on him. Don't let that hinder you though. Its amusing .

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Wayne Routledge on 18:17 - Oct 19 with 6670 viewsItchySphincter

Wayne Routledge on 18:11 - Oct 19 by KingBony

You're not in a good mood today and not being entirely objective. I share some of your frustration but to say he has no first touch is not true and he has an amazing knack of getting into good postions, therefor he sees more than his fair share of the ball. His crossing is hideous.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Wayne Routledge on 18:22 - Oct 19 with 6616 viewsJackTheLad

Routledge was one of our best players last season, this season whilst not being awful he hasn't been the same, I am convinced he will come good also. Needs to be played into form

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

Wayne Routledge on 18:35 - Oct 19 with 6550 viewsJackoBoostardo

Oh hey! It's PICK A SCAPEGOAT TIME!!!

And this is after we won!

Un-fecking-believable!

Routledge is a good player - stop putting him down. All of our players have off days - 95% is a steep exaggeration don't you think?!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Login to get fewer ads

Wayne Routledge on 18:38 - Oct 19 with 6515 viewsmidswan

set up JDG nicely....v good 2nd half but obviously his turn to be an escaped goat...
Wayne Routledge on 18:42 - Oct 19 with 6485 viewssketty_jack

Frustrating player no doubt. I cant believe any premier league standard player can get to that level by being so one footed! The way he contorts his body just to cross with the outside of his right foot is uncomfortable viewing. That said when he is on form and attacking players he is a real asset! Whats the news on hernandez though!?
Wayne Routledge on 19:42 - Oct 19 with 6355 viewsKingBony

Ok guys, I've had a kip and maybe I was 5% too harsh on him

Wayne Routledge on 19:45 - Oct 19 with 6332 viewsKingBony

Wayne Routledge on 18:14 - Oct 19 by Jackanapes

I've already commented on his performances of late. I'm not dull enough to let poor form influence my view on him. Don't let that hinder you though. Its amusing .

Looks like my knee jerk reaction isn't popular. I was a bit OTT I admit it. He is gash too consistently for my liking though.

Wayne Routledge on 20:03 - Oct 19 with 6266 viewsNeath_Jack

What is more frustrating is when Dyer gets a defender booked early in the game then refuses to run at him for the remainder of the game. Absolutely criminal that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wayne Routledge on 21:19 - Oct 20 with 6029 viewsborinifanclub

Wayne Routledge on 20:03 - Oct 19 by Neath_Jack

What is more frustrating is when Dyer gets a defender booked early in the game then refuses to run at him for the remainder of the game. Absolutely criminal that.

Good point....the fb would have been off by half time if Nath had run him wide...so why did he keep going narrow... is this a blind spot in ML's tactics?
[Post edited 20 Oct 2013 21:21]

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Wayne Routledge on 07:29 - Oct 21 with 5734 viewswr72

Wayne Routledge on 21:19 - Oct 20 by borinifanclub

Good point....the fb would have been off by half time if Nath had run him wide...so why did he keep going narrow... is this a blind spot in ML's tactics?
[Post edited 20 Oct 2013 21:21]

I'm not sure if people using the term ' escaped goat ' are taking the piss out of annis or actually believe its the correct term now?

As for Routledge I'd like to see us try and sign a new winger maybe on loan in January as I feel we can do better especially one who can cross a ball.He's served us well but is awfully inconsistent and starves Bony of quality crosses.
Wayne Routledge on 07:37 - Oct 21 with 5714 viewsDr_Winston

Wayne Routledge on 07:29 - Oct 21 by wr72

I'm not sure if people using the term ' escaped goat ' are taking the piss out of annis or actually believe its the correct term now?

As for Routledge I'd like to see us try and sign a new winger maybe on loan in January as I feel we can do better especially one who can cross a ball.He's served us well but is awfully inconsistent and starves Bony of quality crosses.

We could do with another winger anyway.

Routledge and Dyer are both capable but we could probably upgrade on both. Hernandez is potentially the best of the lot but needs to stay fit (and in form) more often. Lamah might as well not be here.

A loan move for someone like Zaha as a temporary fix before bringing in someone on a permanent basis in the summer would be ideal.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wayne Routledge on 07:42 - Oct 21 with 5706 viewsswancity

Wayne Routledge on 07:37 - Oct 21 by Dr_Winston

We could do with another winger anyway.

Routledge and Dyer are both capable but we could probably upgrade on both. Hernandez is potentially the best of the lot but needs to stay fit (and in form) more often. Lamah might as well not be here.

A loan move for someone like Zaha as a temporary fix before bringing in someone on a permanent basis in the summer would be ideal.

Zaha? His wages of 100'000 a week basic might be a slight problem lol

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Wayne Routledge on 07:45 - Oct 21 with 5696 viewsDr_Winston

Wayne Routledge on 07:42 - Oct 21 by swancity

Zaha? His wages of 100'000 a week basic might be a slight problem lol

United agreed to pay a teenager from Crystal Palace £100,000 a week?

Wayne Routledge on 08:48 - Oct 21 with 5579 viewsJonTheJack

So in your opinion, do you think the first half against a team as bad as Sunderland was good enough?

The first half was utter dogshite. Routeledge being the worst alongside JDG.

Second half they both improved, but against stronger teams, we will be 2-0 down by the time we get our act together.
Wayne Routledge on 08:50 - Oct 21 with 5574 viewscockneyswan

Wayne Routledge on 18:35 - Oct 19 by JackoBoostardo

Oh hey! It's PICK A SCAPEGOAT TIME!!!

And this is after we won!

Un-fecking-believable!

Routledge is a good player - stop putting him down. All of our players have off days - 95% is a steep exaggeration don't you think?!

"Oh hey! It's PICK A SCAPEGOAT TIME!!! And this is after we won! Un-fecking-believable! Routledge is a good player - stop putting him down. All of our players have off days - 95% is a steep exaggeration don't you think?! "

Good Post, nice to see a bit of common sense on this board for a change.
Wayne Routledge on 09:00 - Oct 21 with 5538 viewsDr_Winston

Wayne Routledge on 08:48 - Oct 21 by JonTheJack

So in your opinion, do you think the first half against a team as bad as Sunderland was good enough?

Second half they both improved, but against stronger teams, we will be 2-0 down by the time we get our act together.

EVERYONE was shit in the first half against Sunderland, yet only the usual targets are getting picked out for it.

Tells you all you need to know about the mentality of some Swans "supporters".

Wayne Routledge on 09:11 - Oct 21 with 5523 viewsDewi1jack

Even Leon started badly as did the rest of the team.
To win after an International weekend, is pretty good though. We've never been good after an International break.
Thankfully we played Sunderland, a team that was trying to impress their new manager, so played to the best of their ability. Their combined ability is L1 standard. Thanks PDC
3 points gained, when after the 1st half the opposition should have been out of sight.
Wayne is still in the top group of players for assists though.
Will be good to get Pablo Orlandi back and give both wingers a bit of competition, sort of make them work harder or lose their place.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Wayne Routledge on 09:12 - Oct 21 with 5520 viewshammy

Wayne Routledge on 08:48 - Oct 21 by JonTheJack

We did seem to find it difficult to break down the Sunderland 8 man defence in the first half, but became a lot easier in the second. They probably tired after chasing the ball so much (only had 33% possession 1st half), which then led to more space for us to attack. Most PL teams are able to put in a good defensive shift in the first half and we usually have to wait until the 2nd half to make decent chances.

I suppose what I am saying is that our attacking players do tend to look better in the second half of games because they have more space / time to play. It is probably only the top few percentage of players that have the footballing ability to operate in very limited space with little time, which is why they command such high wages / transfer fees.

We are still a top 10 team, as opposed to a top 4 or 6, and so have very capable players but not the best. We now seem able to wear down the teams in the bottom half of the PL and take enough chances for a good win (long may it continue). This seems to be an improvement on last year and will be interesting to see if we can sustain this over the next 4 PL games (West Ham, Carediff, Stoke, Fulham), where we should get at least 2 wins and a couple of draws.

When it comes to assessing specific players on a game by game basis, I think it is fair game (and something that the coaching team do the nth no doubt), but football is a team game and it's the overall performance and specifically the result that counts. I'm happy with progress so far this season in the PL and EL and I guess ML is too ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Wayne Routledge on 09:25 - Oct 21 with 5493 viewsmonmouth

"3 points gained, when after the 1st half the opposition should have been out of sight"

Gosh really, even though they didn't venture over the half way line. If they'd been a different team don't you think we might have played a bit differently. Fact is it was like a training session and we played like it. Second half we decided to take them to bits as they blew out of their arses after chasing us all over the pitch for 50 minutes.

Not having a go at you specifically, just any 'first half doom and gloom' merchants. games last two halves last time I looked and we won 4-0. Frankly you can stick your ifs, buts and maybes where the sun don't shine. Personally I think I'll just bask in our second best ever premier league win and look forward to the 'ammers.

And, for those decrying Sunderland, how many times have they lost 4-0 this season? 0-0 at Soton, unlucky not to beat ManYu. We like to belittle our achievements don't we? Any premier team is hard to break down if they just defend and timewaste. Wait til you see the Redbirds; they have it down to a fine art.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Wayne Routledge on 09:44 - Oct 21 with 5463 viewsJackanapes

"Personally I think I'll just bask in our second best ever premier league win and look forward to the 'ammers."
Quite. I'm more convinced each week that that people aren't happy until they have made themselves unhappy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024