Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Coverage - what a joke 00:45 - Oct 6 with 6406 viewsWilloW4

We get 60 seconds coverage of our game today and then Leroy (yawn) says "Yeah, they've kept 8 clean sheets", then the other bloke starts talking about Forest. They'll have to start giving us credit soon, surely.

As for the game, it was p*ss poor for 65 mins and then again for another 20. Big tick to Charlie for running himself into the ground. And Mr Dunne too. 3 points very welcome, but let's be honest it was a bit of a yawn.

Footnote... Good to see new striker Chevanton having a go, looking lively, and a joy not to see Jenas and Traore not come on, well it helped to make my day. Come on you Rs!
BBC Coverage - what a joke on 10:11 - Oct 7 with 1644 viewsloftboy

I sky+ it, wind it forward sunday morning for our game then watch the rest monday night when the mrs has gone to bed.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 10:15 - Oct 7 with 1636 viewslondonscottish

Nothing wrong with the BBC coverage. My kids could clearly see me standing up in the front row at the School End when the goal mouth scrabble was going on in the first half.

Note to self; lose a stone......

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 11:58 - Oct 7 with 1610 viewsrsonist

We haven't played amazing football, we're forgone conclusions to be promoted in the eyes of most, and we were against the bottom side. Not exactly ratings gold for anyone who isn't an Rs fan. Matter of fact remember a few seasons ago when every week we complained about Newcastle getting all the attention?

The FL show does what little it can in fairness but really its limits are needlessly self-imposed. I really liked their Late Kick Off regional highlights and have never understood why they was abandoned - cost cutting I imagine but if the BBC can't do justice to the rights they (we!) paid for then why bother bidding for them in the first place?
BBC Coverage - what a joke on 12:26 - Oct 7 with 1592 viewsPinnerPaul

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 11:58 - Oct 7 by rsonist

We haven't played amazing football, we're forgone conclusions to be promoted in the eyes of most, and we were against the bottom side. Not exactly ratings gold for anyone who isn't an Rs fan. Matter of fact remember a few seasons ago when every week we complained about Newcastle getting all the attention?

The FL show does what little it can in fairness but really its limits are needlessly self-imposed. I really liked their Late Kick Off regional highlights and have never understood why they was abandoned - cost cutting I imagine but if the BBC can't do justice to the rights they (we!) paid for then why bother bidding for them in the first place?

I don't think its been abandoned, always only started after Christmas I thought?
BBC Coverage - what a joke on 12:27 - Oct 7 with 1587 viewsPinnerPaul

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 11:58 - Oct 7 by rsonist

Also not quite "self imposed".

Sky are the major rights holder so pretty sure BBC couldn't show an earlier and/or extended highlights programme on say BBC 4 for example, even if they wanted to.
BBC Coverage - what a joke on 13:58 - Oct 7 with 1559 viewsCroydonCaptJack

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 01:47 - Oct 6 by TacticalR

How come we seemed to be on the telly so much the last time we were in the Championship?
[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 1:49]

I don't think we were to start with. I think they showed Cardiff all the time to start with and then we go a load of coverage after about a dozen games. Perhaps that will happen again.
BBC Coverage - what a joke on 15:56 - Oct 7 with 1525 viewsW7Ranger

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 09:17 - Oct 7 by stowmarketrange

I almost broke my toe kicking the chair after Lily Savage put the rams 2-0 up.It stopped hurting at ft after we won 3-2.
The previous time when we went up 3 years ago,we didn't have a home Saturday game between late November and early March,due to tv switching games and Xmas,New Year games.And we were all moaning about the lack of coverage then too.

It was 4-2 fella! Taraabt scored a brilliant free kick that night. Passed it into the bottom corner of the net around the wall.

Great performance that night. THink we had 4 different scorers. Trying to thing who scored the others. Routledge rings a bell. Possibly Gavin Mahon and maybe a HH pen????
BBC Coverage - what a joke on 16:15 - Oct 7 with 1510 views18StoneOfHoop

Fine QPR performance, Fine 2009 BBC coverage

[Post edited 8 Oct 2013 12:51]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Login to get fewer ads

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 11:24 - Oct 8 with 1430 viewsisawqpratwcity

For the ex-pats (too tight for QPR Player), Saturday's game was a choice between following the match thread (usually amazingly scatter-gun approach to what's going on, ie never gonna be any attempt at direct commentary) or the BBC text, which is a) slow (sometimes up to seven minutes), and b) idiotic (twice against Barnsley they gave the assist for the attempt at goal to the bloke who took the shot).

This is the downside of the Championship. No video link, not even a commentary link! Nah, next time, off to bed!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 11:27 - Oct 8 with 1427 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 11:24 - Oct 8 by isawqpratwcity

For the ex-pats (too tight for QPR Player), Saturday's game was a choice between following the match thread (usually amazingly scatter-gun approach to what's going on, ie never gonna be any attempt at direct commentary) or the BBC text, which is a) slow (sometimes up to seven minutes), and b) idiotic (twice against Barnsley they gave the assist for the attempt at goal to the bloke who took the shot).

This is the downside of the Championship. No video link, not even a commentary link! Nah, next time, off to bed!

Does QPR Player have live video streams?

I should know this, I suppose.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 12:48 - Oct 8 with 1408 viewsisawqpratwcity

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 11:27 - Oct 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Does QPR Player have live video streams?

I should know this, I suppose.

No. Pommyhoop reported a commentary, and some-one else a video summary the next day.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024