Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate 19:54 - Sep 3 with 16735 viewstooting_hoop

Gotten

I'm sure that got is the past tense of got so why lengthen it? Just put it in the right part of the sentence.

Thank you, just wanted to share that.

Follow me on Twitter @tootinghoop

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 09:31 - Sep 4 with 2955 viewssmegma

Tube announcers who obviously cant read. Over the years I've heard announcements such as the ' the next station is Westminister'...no its not, theres only one I in the name. Learn to read you div. I've heard similar for Upminster which also has only one I in the place name. But the biscuit was really taken years ago when I heard an announcer say the words ' Limiter Road' which is one stop along from Ladbroke Grove. Innit.
Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 09:40 - Sep 4 with 2943 viewsPommyhoop

Starting to hate the word 'Brigade'
[Post edited 4 Sep 2013 9:42]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 09:46 - Sep 4 with 2934 viewsBluce_Ree

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 06:13 - Sep 4 by Pommyhoop

Another Americanism that has taken root is Saying 'Hey' instead of Hello or Hi .Still throws me when one of the Kids comes in from school and says a cheery 'Hey Dad'

I'm like' yeah what ?'

Worse is 'what's up?' instead of hello. Americans are knobs like that.

How the fk are you meant to answer 'what's up?'

er... 'not much, you?'

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 09:55 - Sep 4 with 2922 viewsRickyDicky

Pronouncing Lieutenant as "Loo tenant", instead of as it should be "Left Tenant".

Pronouncing Schedule as "Skedule" instead of as it should be "Shed ule"

My Teacher of 40 years ago, insisting that using the word GOT is bad English and that there is ALWAYS an alternative.

"I've got a Big C**K", should be " I have a big C**K"

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 10:20 - Sep 4 with 2909 viewssmegma

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 09:55 - Sep 4 by RickyDicky

Pronouncing Lieutenant as "Loo tenant", instead of as it should be "Left Tenant".

Pronouncing Schedule as "Skedule" instead of as it should be "Shed ule"

My Teacher of 40 years ago, insisting that using the word GOT is bad English and that there is ALWAYS an alternative.

"I've got a Big C**K", should be " I have a big C**K"

So when we were in the playground playing swapsies with football cards, we should've been saying 'have,have, don't have, have' instead of 'got, got, not got, got '........
Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 10:35 - Sep 4 with 2899 viewsPommyhoop

Big one for us Poms over here is how the Aussies say Yoe-gurt (American stylie) instead of a stiff upper lipped Yoghurt.
And then theres Marone instead of Marroon.We hear that loads too because the local rugby league side hear play in Marroon as do Queensland's Origin side and their nickname is the Marones(where it should be Marroons)

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 10:37 - Sep 4 with 2897 viewsBilly_Kershaw

My bad...

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 12:08 - Sep 4 with 2874 viewsRickyDicky

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 10:20 - Sep 4 by smegma

So when we were in the playground playing swapsies with football cards, we should've been saying 'have,have, don't have, have' instead of 'got, got, not got, got '........

correct

Login to get fewer ads

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 12:33 - Sep 4 with 2852 viewsqpr85

I can not stand the word project as in "I spoke to Tony and the project here is exciting" though this has been used less in recent weeks!
Also dya know what I mean?

explode
Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 13:00 - Sep 4 with 2842 viewsAunt_Nelly

Alot.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-every
Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 13:08 - Sep 4 with 2832 viewsAunt_Nelly

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 20:18 - Sep 3 by AndyB

Not a word but the use of it.

"Could I get....." as in "Could I get a Big Mac"

Get? Get?

I was in a work canteen for a meeting a couple of weeks ago and a bloke with a mid Atlantic twang asked the girl serving "Can I get the pasta?" The girl replied "Perhaps..But if you say Please may I have the pasta" you most certainly will. He was baffled.
Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 13:09 - Sep 4 with 2825 viewsLambourn

wife when it should be ,cun,t
Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 13:12 - Sep 4 with 2816 viewsCHUBBS

Deffo
Say the word properly you imbecile!
Worst of all INNIT
A word most commonly used by thick c@nts.
Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 13:13 - Sep 4 with 2815 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Hipster and the Hipsters (object).

Kunts of Barmen "Your pupils are diliated and your speech is...Therefore........." all said while backing away from me not knowing, a) I have abnormally long arms and B) My relexes are still quicker than just about 90+% of the population. Sorry I digress.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 13:20 - Sep 4 with 2807 viewsMrSheen

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 10:35 - Sep 4 by Pommyhoop

Big one for us Poms over here is how the Aussies say Yoe-gurt (American stylie) instead of a stiff upper lipped Yoghurt.
And then theres Marone instead of Marroon.We hear that loads too because the local rugby league side hear play in Marroon as do Queensland's Origin side and their nickname is the Marones(where it should be Marroons)

They say Yoe-gurt in Ireland too, so maybe that's where the Aussies get it from.

Not sure if they still do it, but they also used to pronounce Peugeot as Pyoo-Zhow, instead of Purr-Zhow. Always made as laugh as kids when we heard it on the radio.
Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 13:29 - Sep 4 with 2789 viewsRickyDicky

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 13:20 - Sep 4 by MrSheen

They say Yoe-gurt in Ireland too, so maybe that's where the Aussies get it from.

Not sure if they still do it, but they also used to pronounce Peugeot as Pyoo-Zhow, instead of Purr-Zhow. Always made as laugh as kids when we heard it on the radio.

Know what you mean, hate people referring to my car as a Lambo, it's Lamborghini for christ's sake !

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 13:29 - Sep 4 with 2787 viewsloftboy

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 06:13 - Sep 4 by Pommyhoop

Another Americanism that has taken root is Saying 'Hey' instead of Hello or Hi .Still throws me when one of the Kids comes in from school and says a cheery 'Hey Dad'

I'm like' yeah what ?'

Shouldn't you reply with "pardon" and not "what"

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 14:18 - Sep 4 with 2764 viewsRamseyR

Innit for me

and also..my pet hate

ABSOLUTELY....why can't people just say "yes"
Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 14:44 - Sep 4 with 2746 viewsCiderwithRsie

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 08:51 - Sep 4 by TheBlob

I think you'll find that's a wedding.

No Blob, I know Halloween and a wedding are hard to tell apart but there is a difference.
Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 16:08 - Sep 4 with 2714 viewsA40Bosh

My poor Co. Cork born Mrs can hardly open her mouth at the dinner table now that our 3 girls are old enough to take the p@ss out of her pronunciations - well at least the ones that they haven't actually picked up for themselves as the result of having a stay at home Irish mum.
Yoe-gurt is a classic one, as is mod-run for modern.

Glad to see that most of my pet hates are also shared amongst the brethren. Text speak really does get goat and I still slay ANYONE I hear say "Are you gonna go Uxbridge?" I should start a campaign to save the word "to".

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 16:21 - Sep 4 with 2704 viewsMrSheen

Master Sheen spent the whole summer holiday saying "Peak!" with a smirk on his face whenever anyone spilled or dropped anything, or when he was insulting his sisters. I'd never heard that before, drove me up the wall after a couple of weeks.
Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 16:28 - Sep 4 with 2703 viewsMonahoop

In Ireland folk pronounce Peugeot as Pewjo. Annoying, as I own one. Portugal is often pronounced Portigal, project, prowject, chimney, chimley and the term youse is not just Scouse, but is used a lot over here too. Horrible. In some parts of Ulster the word Hi is used at the end of some sentences, especially when questioning or making an inquiry. Horrible too, but I'm just being picky.

I absolutely detest the term 'early doors'.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 16:33 - Sep 4 with 2699 viewsenfieldargh

in the Indian Restaurent.....yez pleez

'Access' on an Insurance Premium....

What can I get you guys....a dictionary would be nice, so feck!ng pleasant

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 16:59 - Sep 4 with 2685 viewsgjc104

Maybe I am just too old for Radio 1 but when Scott Mills describes someone coming from a certain town/city, he describes it as 'off of' i.e. John Smith off of Stoke on Trent

Hate that!
Words I think are made up that I f'ing hate on 17:17 - Sep 4 with 2343 viewsJuzzie

I've no problem with regional accents such as scoucers saying 'youse' but a lot of things mentioned on here such as people saying "can I get...." deserve a punch.

As irritating as 'like' is, it's an Americanism that's replaced people saying umm and errr as a way of pausing for thought.

'like' is far more irritating though and has brainwashed a whole generation of people who watch nothing but American TV shows.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024