Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club 17:15 - Sep 3 with 9805 viewsRblockPrior

Just been told that Julio Cesar is due to go back to Brazil next week to sign for an unnamed team, like the Championship the loan window is yet to close and a deal is being thrashed out by Qpr and this Brazilian club.
Good news if u ask me if it gets his wages off our books

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 10:02 - Sep 5 with 3047 viewscjc

I can't understand some of the feelings from people on this man.

Is he still not one of the best keepers around?
Has there been any issue with his attitude.
Is it not reasonable for him to be a bit disappointed,that he has gone from playing at the very top to playing in the championship.
Is he greedy or just doing what we would all do.
If we were all on a 100 grand , 4 year contract and our employer was asking us to take a pay cut in order to move on to a place i really did not want to move too unless the money and circumstances were right. I would say sorry but I am staying until Its right for me, especially when I have done nothing wrong.
Why would we expect him to do it , unless it was right for him.

So if he is staying lets embrace him and thank our lucky stars he is with us.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2013 10:26]

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 10:13 - Sep 5 with 3032 viewsJonDoeman

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 09:20 - Sep 5 by TheBlob

I'm glad we've still got him.

You're wrong there Blobby, it'd be best for all concerned if he slung his hook!!
I still think he will, & this bare faced bullshit (how stupid does he think we are?) , is part of the 'bargaining' process.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2013 10:13]

It Is What It Is !!

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 13:42 - Sep 5 with 2955 viewsderbyhoop

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 10:02 - Sep 5 by cjc

I can't understand some of the feelings from people on this man.

Is he still not one of the best keepers around?
Has there been any issue with his attitude.
Is it not reasonable for him to be a bit disappointed,that he has gone from playing at the very top to playing in the championship.
Is he greedy or just doing what we would all do.
If we were all on a 100 grand , 4 year contract and our employer was asking us to take a pay cut in order to move on to a place i really did not want to move too unless the money and circumstances were right. I would say sorry but I am staying until Its right for me, especially when I have done nothing wrong.
Why would we expect him to do it , unless it was right for him.

So if he is staying lets embrace him and thank our lucky stars he is with us.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2013 10:26]

The fact is he wasn't affordable in the Premiership. As a Championship club, whose income will halve over the next 12 months, he is a luxury we cannot begin to afford.

I don't question his ability but I do wonder about his real motivation. Is he really prepared to stay in the Championship as a backup to Rob Green, when a home World Cup is on the horizon? If he's not playing, will Scolari continue to keep him in the Brazil squad? Would he rather have the large income over the glory?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 14:07 - Sep 5 with 2936 viewsdaveB

I don't think a single club actually put in a bid in for him this summer, his agent linked him with a lot of clubs but he's not actually had the chance to go yet as no one wants him
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 16:03 - Sep 5 with 2867 viewsN12Hoop

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 14:07 - Sep 5 by daveB

I don't think a single club actually put in a bid in for him this summer, his agent linked him with a lot of clubs but he's not actually had the chance to go yet as no one wants him

Although he is Brazil's No. 1, you would have thought that there aren't many kids that grow up in that country wanting to become goalies and defenders and if he was, say, from Ecuador he is unlikely to have a profile like he has. Can anyone even name Brazil's No. 2 and 3 goalies without looking it up? I doubt it's a country with a huge pool of goalkeeping talent given their culture of flair football. It may even be that he has been told that he'll be Brazil's No. 1 irrespective of whether he is our first choice or not or playing in a top league or not in which case why move?. .
Anyway, my point is that he's good, but for the money he presumably expects to earn there are goalies of at least his equal and probably considerably better. Goalies also aren't as marketable. Unless he is happy to take a pay cut just to play elsewhere and maintain his profile then he is going to be a reserve goalkeeper in the Championship.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 17:38 - Sep 5 with 2818 viewsdaveB

I'm not sure money is an issue with him, he's just not been given the option to take a pay cut, no one has come in for him. It's all been his agent linking him with clubs and when they didn't want to know his agent was quick to link him with someone else.

I do find it all quite amusing though that many on here are slating Cesar and want him gone when really he's done nothing wrong, yet we have people bowing to Joey Barton every week who has spent a year saying he'd rather be anywhere than here.
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 17:51 - Sep 5 with 2805 viewsjamois

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 17:38 - Sep 5 by daveB

I'm not sure money is an issue with him, he's just not been given the option to take a pay cut, no one has come in for him. It's all been his agent linking him with clubs and when they didn't want to know his agent was quick to link him with someone else.

I do find it all quite amusing though that many on here are slating Cesar and want him gone when really he's done nothing wrong, yet we have people bowing to Joey Barton every week who has spent a year saying he'd rather be anywhere than here.

Indeed

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 00:51 - Sep 7 with 2752 viewsBklynRanger

The only thing Cesar has done wrong is to put the amount of money he's on above the desire to play for a team that wants him. Either of his own volition or through passively allowing his agent to do that. And tbh some very solid posters have made this pay cut argument without, imho, allowing for Cesar's circumstances. The man has made millions, possibly a couple of tens of millions out of the game - he's not in our world - at some point these things have to suggest greed.
Login to get fewer ads

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 07:57 - Sep 9 with 2661 viewsLoft1979

Hardly the same:
Joey: After the Man City game all of QPR fans, coaches and owners all but declared Joey was done. He was kicked out of the house with no support. Villified everywhere. FORTUNATELY, he did not go to West Ham or Norwich...but to the South of France!!! Where better to clear your head. THEN when HR comes in ...what does he do? (as is normal for this club) he starts to reel JB back in recognizing immediately JB is EXACTLY what was missing from the team.

Julio: Is a QPR player. He has done nothing EXCEPT be a world class keeper. With that in mind QPR have pedalled him but for a fee. It is other teams loss if they wont go for him. Julio has let the time passed refused offers and by all (of his) accounts wants to stay in London and (now) be part of QPR. Is that so bad? If green was not playing as well as he is we ALL would want Julio back.
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 08:22 - Sep 9 with 2623 viewsgeorgiosfs

Financially its no good, but If he doesnt leave im not fussed.

Competition is good so if he stays here, then Green will have to be on his game to stay in the number 1 position. Brian Murphy is the one that looks to be stifled in all of this.

Plus Green is the incumbent and is playing well so Cesar can train away and wait for his opportunity.

Either way. It'll push them both to a high level and QPR are the beneficiaries (on the pitch)

Plus does anyone know what is actual weekly salary is? In the articles I've read, and which dodgy paper it's in, its been anywhere from 45K to 90K!?
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 08:53 - Sep 9 with 2586 viewshoopstilidie

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 08:22 - Sep 9 by georgiosfs

Financially its no good, but If he doesnt leave im not fussed.

Competition is good so if he stays here, then Green will have to be on his game to stay in the number 1 position. Brian Murphy is the one that looks to be stifled in all of this.

Plus Green is the incumbent and is playing well so Cesar can train away and wait for his opportunity.

Either way. It'll push them both to a high level and QPR are the beneficiaries (on the pitch)

Plus does anyone know what is actual weekly salary is? In the articles I've read, and which dodgy paper it's in, its been anywhere from 45K to 90K!?

Tony went on record to state that nobody was on more than £65k I seem to remember, did he not?

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 11:27 - Sep 9 with 2492 viewsLoft1979

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 08:53 - Sep 9 by hoopstilidie

Tony went on record to state that nobody was on more than £65k I seem to remember, did he not?

He did.
Plus, Murphy could go out on loan.
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 15:41 - Sep 9 with 2379 viewswhittocksRs

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 08:53 - Sep 9 by hoopstilidie

Certainly did, not that the papers bother with that pesky little fact.
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 16:26 - Sep 9 with 2332 viewsPinnerPaul

But.......the supporters of JC are ignoring one glaring question

IF he wants to stay why hasn't he be seen doing a days training here since the end of last season?!
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 16:28 - Sep 9 with 2283 viewshoopstilidie

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 16:26 - Sep 9 by PinnerPaul

But.......the supporters of JC are ignoring one glaring question

IF he wants to stay why hasn't he be seen doing a days training here since the end of last season?!

Busy filming the new Toy Story.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 16:30 - Sep 9 with 2279 viewsShackletonR

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 15:41 - Sep 9 by whittocksRs

Certainly did, not that the papers bother with that pesky little fact.

Am i right in saying thats Ceaser has never stated that he wants to leave, Harry himself has said that he has been impressed with his attitude, so to me that says he's not one of the "wrong types" who bring everyone down like what Harry said was in the squad, I believe Ceaser knows that his wages are the issue and the club needs to get rid and pretty much would go anywhere to help the club take his wages off the books, but no one can match what he's on, so its not his fault we gave him the contract and he wants to honor it by saying that he wants to knuckle down and play.

Also apart from a.few shakey games at first i think he was a good keeper for us, kept the score down in a lot of games for us, the defence was the problem, which MH had all that summer to sort out but never did.

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 16:41 - Sep 9 with 2264 viewsWestminsteRs

I generally agree with those expressing surprise about the negativity towards Cesar. The way I see it he is perfectly entitled to the money that we agreed to pay him.

I also doubt there have been any firm offers. QPR would surely subsidise some of his wages/pay him off to get him out the door. Suppose he is on £80k pw, he was a free transfer. So our outlay is £4m pa.

Take Mbia on the other hand. Suppose his wages are £50k, we also shelled out £4m for him. That means that even we are now not paying his wages, he will have cost us £6.5m for less than one full season (he signed on deadline day last year).

I suppose it is just the case that whichever way you look at it our transfer strategy was almost criminally incompetent but even if we keep him until January he won't have cost us as much as Mbia did in 12 months and he did at least manage a few good games last season.
Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 16:59 - Sep 9 with 2245 viewsShackletonR

It wouldn't surprize me aswell if Harry is secretly quite happy that Ceaser is still here, Brazils No1 as our at the moment No2.Not a bad option to have! .

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 18:50 - Sep 10 with 2063 viewsPinnerPaul

Julio Cesar to Brazilian club on 16:30 - Sep 9 by ShackletonR

Am i right in saying thats Ceaser has never stated that he wants to leave, Harry himself has said that he has been impressed with his attitude, so to me that says he's not one of the "wrong types" who bring everyone down like what Harry said was in the squad, I believe Ceaser knows that his wages are the issue and the club needs to get rid and pretty much would go anywhere to help the club take his wages off the books, but no one can match what he's on, so its not his fault we gave him the contract and he wants to honor it by saying that he wants to knuckle down and play.

Also apart from a.few shakey games at first i think he was a good keeper for us, kept the score down in a lot of games for us, the defence was the problem, which MH had all that summer to sort out but never did.

Ok, but just answer the question, why, if he is soooooooo keen to stay, hasn't he been seen since the end of the season!?????????????
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024