Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boardwalk Empire 17:22 - Jun 18 with 12465 viewsBlackCrowe

jesus how did that pass me by. Utter utter quality...just onto series 2.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Boardwalk Empire on 09:34 - Sep 9 with 3663 viewsdaveB

Boardwalk Empire on 04:30 - Jun 19 by Kendo_Nagasaki

Breaking Bad is the best tv show EVER.

Agree onm Breaking Bad, it's the equivalent of the Godfather in terms of best ever. Brilliantly filmed, great story and told through the characters rather than action so feels slow but draws you in to the story. The final series feels intense to watch, you know it's going to end badly just a case of who dies first.

Boardwalk Empire is pretty good as well, I've just started on the Sopraonos 10 years too late and that is superb as well.
Boardwalk Empire on 09:39 - Sep 9 with 3660 views1MoreBrightonR

I finished series 2 of Boardwalk Empire last night...great show though that series really confused me at points!

Breaking Bad is great...but nowhere near as people make out. Sopranos on the other hand is another level of good...seen the whole series start to finish 3 times and it gets better each one. Each week is like watching a slow building film, not a TV series.

Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad is an amazing character though.
Boardwalk Empire on 04:58 - Sep 10 with 3588 viewsSeth_Gecko

I've enjoyed Boardwalk so far, although yes it is quite slow sometimes.

The best series for me is undoubtedly The Wire, with The Sopranos 2nd.

At the moment though I'm loving The Newsroom. Season 2 has just started on Sky Atlantic. Charlie Skinner is an absolute chap.

Still yet to watch 24 and Breaking Bad - the latter I will try my hardest to avoid any c*nt spoiling it for me as everyone seems to be watching it.

Everybody be cool, you be cool...

Boardwalk Empire on 05:57 - Sep 10 with 3582 viewsKiwi76

Have series 3 of Boardwalk backed up on MySky - Sky+ over there? Better get cracking as think series 4 is about to begin.
Enjoyed series 3 of US The Killing until final episode but like Holder and Linden and the chap on death row was brilliant actor - think he's playing in Lovelace movie just out?
Newsroom seems a bit marmite - either like or hate - agree on Charlie and Olivia Munn is quite watchable..
Banshee was bonkers but Kiwi following as lead is one of ours
Boardwalk Empire on 07:16 - Sep 10 with 3552 viewsSeth_Gecko

Boardwalk Empire on 05:57 - Sep 10 by Kiwi76

Have series 3 of Boardwalk backed up on MySky - Sky+ over there? Better get cracking as think series 4 is about to begin.
Enjoyed series 3 of US The Killing until final episode but like Holder and Linden and the chap on death row was brilliant actor - think he's playing in Lovelace movie just out?
Newsroom seems a bit marmite - either like or hate - agree on Charlie and Olivia Munn is quite watchable..
Banshee was bonkers but Kiwi following as lead is one of ours

Olivia Munn

Everybody be cool, you be cool...

Boardwalk Empire on 08:27 - Sep 10 with 3531 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lads, are ye serious with the spoilers? FFS!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Boardwalk Empire on 09:37 - Sep 10 with 3507 viewsdaveB

Boardwalk Empire on 04:58 - Sep 10 by Seth_Gecko

I've enjoyed Boardwalk so far, although yes it is quite slow sometimes.

The best series for me is undoubtedly The Wire, with The Sopranos 2nd.

At the moment though I'm loving The Newsroom. Season 2 has just started on Sky Atlantic. Charlie Skinner is an absolute chap.

Still yet to watch 24 and Breaking Bad - the latter I will try my hardest to avoid any c*nt spoiling it for me as everyone seems to be watching it.

I'd look to start breaking bad soon, just 3 episodes left now (last nights was breathtaking) and some idiot will spoil it on facebook or twitter or probably on here
Boardwalk Empire on 10:26 - Sep 10 with 3479 viewsisawqpratwcity

Boardwalk Empire on 09:37 - Sep 10 by daveB

I'd look to start breaking bad soon, just 3 episodes left now (last nights was breathtaking) and some idiot will spoil it on facebook or twitter or probably on here

Don't go to Wikipedia!

I was doing some fact checking on series 5 pt 1 and accidentally read half a sentence too far! Damn, that answered one question prematurely.

Nb, imho Sopranos #1, BB and Wire #2 equal, but quite different.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Boardwalk Empire on 11:35 - Sep 10 with 3462 viewsisawqpratwcity

SPOILER ALERT!

Do not watch this if you haven't seen the final episode of The Sopranos.

If you have, enjoy again.

Edit: not being ironic, forget singing nun, just a mistake.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2013 12:10]

Boardwalk Empire on 12:43 - Sep 10 with 3432 viewsMonahoop

Now on series 3 of Boardwalk Empire. Marvelous. Love all that 20's,30's prohibition era stuff.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Boardwalk Empire on 17:24 - Sep 10 with 3386 viewsBrazilNutR

Anyone watched TREME.. I watched the Wire (A+++mazing) and am on series 5 of Breaking bad (they are slow with the netflix releases in Brazil...)
And have been totally hooked to Treme, its by the same directors as The Wire and has some of the same actors from the wire...based around New Orleans post Katrina..lots of music...I recommend it..

Not tried Boardwalk Empire..
Boardwalk Empire on 17:30 - Sep 10 with 3386 viewsEsgaroth

Boardwalk Empire on 04:30 - Jun 19 by Kendo_Nagasaki

Breaking Bad is the best tv show EVER.

Boston Legal for me.

It had everything. Seriously amazing scripting that could have you laughing out loud then wrapped in emotion. Quality totty and superb acting, a real gem.

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Boardwalk Empire on 18:15 - Sep 10 with 3368 viewsAntti_Heinola

Boardwalk Empire on 17:30 - Sep 10 by Esgaroth

Boston Legal for me.

It had everything. Seriously amazing scripting that could have you laughing out loud then wrapped in emotion. Quality totty and superb acting, a real gem.

Finally another Boston Legal fan! Truly superb and totally overlooked. James Spader is brilliant in that - as is Shatner. Genuinely funny - funnier than most comedies, but excellent drama too.

Breaking Bad shades The Wire for me as the best TV drama I've seen. But agree with an above poster that Treme is incredible. I think Clarke Peters, who plays an old Indian chief here (he was Lester Freeman in The Wire) is possibly the single best acting performance in the last decade, at least, of television. But overall it's a series that is astounding in terms of quality and characters. Absolutely love it - and the music is wonderful.

I also really like Boardwalk Empire - although I differ from some in that I think the later series trump the first series, which to me took a bit too long to really take off. Again, some brilliant characterisations.

Also disagree about Banshee - watched a couple of episodes, and yes there's some nice eye candy, but generally I thought it was pretty poor. Very disappointed. What did people make of Hannibal? I liked it, but still can't quite decide how good it was... Mads Mikkelsen was great though.

Bare bones.

Boardwalk Empire on 19:19 - Sep 10 with 3355 viewsjo_qpr63

Boardwalk Empire on 18:15 - Sep 10 by Antti_Heinola

Finally another Boston Legal fan! Truly superb and totally overlooked. James Spader is brilliant in that - as is Shatner. Genuinely funny - funnier than most comedies, but excellent drama too.

Breaking Bad shades The Wire for me as the best TV drama I've seen. But agree with an above poster that Treme is incredible. I think Clarke Peters, who plays an old Indian chief here (he was Lester Freeman in The Wire) is possibly the single best acting performance in the last decade, at least, of television. But overall it's a series that is astounding in terms of quality and characters. Absolutely love it - and the music is wonderful.

I also really like Boardwalk Empire - although I differ from some in that I think the later series trump the first series, which to me took a bit too long to really take off. Again, some brilliant characterisations.

Also disagree about Banshee - watched a couple of episodes, and yes there's some nice eye candy, but generally I thought it was pretty poor. Very disappointed. What did people make of Hannibal? I liked it, but still can't quite decide how good it was... Mads Mikkelsen was great though.

I couldn't get into Hannibal,i think the character has been done to death.
Enjoyed Boardwalk Empire. Haven't seen Breaking Bad yet, hope it hasn't been overhyped.
Boardwalk Empire on 19:32 - Sep 10 with 3352 viewsAntti_Heinola

Boardwalk Empire on 19:19 - Sep 10 by jo_qpr63

I couldn't get into Hannibal,i think the character has been done to death.
Enjoyed Boardwalk Empire. Haven't seen Breaking Bad yet, hope it hasn't been overhyped.

i actually thought the Hannibal character was great - too peripheral at first, but then slowly came into it. But not quite sure the series worked. Don't think the character has been done to death, but then I think of all the films I've only seen SOTL.

Bare bones.

Boardwalk Empire on 20:07 - Sep 10 with 3245 viewsjo_qpr63

Boardwalk Empire on 19:32 - Sep 10 by Antti_Heinola

i actually thought the Hannibal character was great - too peripheral at first, but then slowly came into it. But not quite sure the series worked. Don't think the character has been done to death, but then I think of all the films I've only seen SOTL.

Classic film.
That new series Peaky Blinders looks good,especially for those that were into boardwalk Empire.
Boardwalk Empire on 09:39 - Sep 11 with 3184 viewssimmo

Anybody here watched Top Boy? Obviously not a demographic for everybody but I think it has been superb, real gritty drama and as true to life as anything I have seen, particularly in London.

There have been two 4 part mini series, the last of which was on last night.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Boardwalk Empire on 10:18 - Sep 11 with 3171 viewsdaveB

By the time Breaking Bad finishes the hype will be huge and unlikely to live up to expectations if you start from scratch. Similar to the Wire really which i thought was good but had been built upto something else
Boardwalk Empire on 11:04 - Sep 11 with 3159 viewsisawqpratwcity

I like Boston legal, too. Intelligent, off-beat and funny. James Spader is almost always good, but Boston Legal is the ONLY thing where the egregious Shatner is good value.

I heard that John Mortimer (Rumpole) contributed story ideas.

Boardwalk Empire on 12:47 - Sep 11 with 3130 viewsreal_loftus

A TV series thread and only 2 small mentions of THE WIRE?

Omar's gonna gitcha

ATAF.

Boardwalk Empire on 20:34 - Sep 11 with 3090 viewsPommyhoop

Boardwalk Empire on 09:39 - Sep 11 by simmo

Anybody here watched Top Boy? Obviously not a demographic for everybody but I think it has been superb, real gritty drama and as true to life as anything I have seen, particularly in London.

There have been two 4 part mini series, the last of which was on last night.

Just finished the first series and part 1 of S2
Sarite innit. Ya get me blud?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Boardwalk Empire on 12:01 - Sep 12 with 3050 viewssimmo

:-D

http://news.sky.com/story/1140494/breaking-bad-spin-off-is-given-green-light

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Boardwalk Empire on 12:08 - Sep 12 with 3046 viewsisawqpratwcity

Boardwalk Empire on 12:01 - Sep 12 by simmo

:-D

http://news.sky.com/story/1140494/breaking-bad-spin-off-is-given-green-light

You'd have to assume it takes a turn towards the comedic. Bill Odenkirk was delightfully funny and I've seen his name on The Simpsons and Crank Yankers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024