Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony has been speaking a lot recently... 04:51 - May 4 with 1378 viewstimcocking

...and as always i think he's been absolutely brilliant. Everything he has said superb and spot on. Unless he turns out to be the world's biggest bullsh!tter (and i never get the feeling he is), i think the guy is a bloody star.

Ps Just read Clive's article saying similar. I should have stuck this comment to that if i'd read it first. Never mind.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Tony has been speaking a lot recently... on 09:14 - May 4 with 1328 viewsthemodfather

tell me when it's done
don't say..new ground details in 2 weeks, then nothing
announce season ticket prices don't announce waffle
now we are down, he's piping up everywhere..and it's all too late , no f1 this weekend then?
Tony has been speaking a lot recently... on 10:46 - May 4 with 1292 viewsqprmick

I hope you are right in the OP, I can be convinced but not yet.

Qprmick

Tony has been speaking a lot recently... on 11:30 - May 4 with 1263 viewsNov77

There's been a bit too much talk from him this week, in the words of spinal tap, "too much fu*king perspective".

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Tony has been speaking a lot recently... on 12:34 - May 4 with 1214 viewsNW5Hoop

"and as always i think he's been absolutely brilliant"

Yep. He's played a brilliant PR game for two years. Sadly, a brilliant PR game isn't what QPR needs.
Tony has been speaking a lot recently... on 12:36 - May 4 with 1203 viewsbatmanhoop

about to go on footie focus on bbc1 in a mo
Tony has been speaking a lot recently... on 12:48 - May 4 with 1187 viewsTHEBUSH

Next season is crucial for him and QPR.

He's says, he's learnt by his mistakes, maybe he has, so perhaps we might have a decent season ?

By a decent season, I mean stop the rot and at least push for a play-off spot !!

I think instant promotion is beyond us, but you never know, we are QPR
Tony has been speaking a lot recently... on 16:12 - May 4 with 1110 viewsJAPRANGERS

But has he been exploited??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22409888

It was he who appointed the illustrious MH
Tony has been speaking a lot recently... on 22:48 - May 4 with 1026 viewsFDC

Tony has been speaking a lot recently... on 12:34 - May 4 by NW5Hoop

"and as always i think he's been absolutely brilliant"

Yep. He's played a brilliant PR game for two years. Sadly, a brilliant PR game isn't what QPR needs.

This

And a good article last week btw, summed up how I feel about all this perfectly.
Login to get fewer ads

Tony has been speaking a lot recently... on 05:54 - May 5 with 963 viewsDrewster

To be honest I wish he would leave it now. Just shut up and get on with it.
You have hardly heard a word from Adkins all week and they go and turn Fulham over. Time spent already preparing for next season rather than waffling to the press about whose fault it is.
I like Tony, but he needs to be less accommodating to the press and let the football do the talking?
Tony has been speaking a lot recently... on 09:02 - May 5 with 925 viewstimcocking

Tony has been speaking a lot recently... on 05:54 - May 5 by Drewster

You have hardly heard a word from Adkins all week and they go and turn Fulham over. Time spent already preparing for next season rather than waffling to the press about whose fault it is.
I like Tony, but he needs to be less accommodating to the press and let the football do the talking?

I think a big difference is that Nigel Adkins, or indeed anybody else, is not getting absolutely hammered left, right and centre all the time by wildly inaccurate vindictive journalists looking to cause trouble and kick us when we're down. All year he's avoided properly defending himself, hoping to let results speak for themselves, but now he needed to stand up for us a little and i think he's done it fantastically well. QPR as a relatively tiny team will always be an easy target for malicious journos too scared to slate the larger teams all the time. If Big Tone doesn't set the record straight on our behalf, who will?

I do agree of course though, less is more, hopefully now he has said his peice, got it in the public domain, now he can back off and keep a lower profile. Which is exactly what i think he will now proceed to do.

TF for president!
Tony has been speaking a lot recently... on 10:22 - May 5 with 876 viewstimcocking

Tony has been speaking a lot recently... on 05:54 - May 5 by Drewster

I'll tell you who i do wish would shut up; Harry bleeding Redknapp.

Ok, we get the message, difficult Championship, poor squad!!!

Talk about pessimism though. I've never heard such a huge pile of negativity. I reckon HR wishes to Christ he'd never come near us. I just think he feels he's blown his last big chance, so he's grudgingly sticking with us. Not so much by personal choice as of from a lack of it. You'd think we're starting as the worst team down there to hear him talk.
Tony has been speaking a lot recently... on 10:48 - May 5 with 855 viewsbishom

Tony has been speaking a lot recently... on 10:22 - May 5 by timcocking

I'll tell you who i do wish would shut up; Harry bleeding Redknapp.

Ok, we get the message, difficult Championship, poor squad!!!

Talk about pessimism though. I've never heard such a huge pile of negativity. I reckon HR wishes to Christ he'd never come near us. I just think he feels he's blown his last big chance, so he's grudgingly sticking with us. Not so much by personal choice as of from a lack of it. You'd think we're starting as the worst team down there to hear him talk.

Harry's just playing the game. By saying what he's saying it deflects any blame away from him for this season and if it all goes pear shaped next season, and at the same time ensures the owners keep backing him with their wallets.

Bishom

Tony has been speaking a lot recently... on 10:58 - May 5 with 842 viewstimcocking

Tony has been speaking a lot recently... on 10:48 - May 5 by bishom

Harry's just playing the game. By saying what he's saying it deflects any blame away from him for this season and if it all goes pear shaped next season, and at the same time ensures the owners keep backing him with their wallets.

Yes fair enough to a point, we all know Harry says what suits Harry, but crikey he's gone a bit ott i reeckon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024