Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone ever sued the health service? 12:29 - Apr 12 with 1283 viewsGloucs_R

Genuine question, has anyone ever sued the health service?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 12:35 - Apr 12 with 1271 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I think they've sued the local authority. I remember a kid was awarded damages 'cos he was left veggie when they cut the oxygen supply or something.

Not sure you could sue The NHS cos like Andy Goram it's lots of entities.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 12:55 - Apr 12 with 1223 viewsThGrimRanger

Are you joking? ....suing the NHS is a national sport

TheGrimRanger

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 12:58 - Apr 12 with 1212 viewsRBlock

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 12:55 - Apr 12 by ThGrimRanger

Are you joking? ....suing the NHS is a national sport

Hey now we are just amateurs. We have Cricket, The Yanks have the monopoly on lawsuits.
Anyone ever sued the health service? on 13:17 - Apr 12 with 1183 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Yes. Member of my family successfully sued a local Primary Care Trust (PCT) after blazing errors with a bog standard Endoscopy which split his stomach lining open which they later denied. He was literally minutes from death when rushed into hospital a few hours later suffering with severe stomach ache (all his insides had leaked out). Coupled with that he had a sore throat whilst in hospital and after examination docs stated that he had severe throat cancer and nothing they could do for him.

After further tests the following week it was found there was nothing wrong with his throat, merely a virus.

Apologies if your eating your lunch right now!

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 14:35 - Apr 12 with 1138 viewsTheBlob

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 13:17 - Apr 12 by Sudbury_Hill_R

Yes. Member of my family successfully sued a local Primary Care Trust (PCT) after blazing errors with a bog standard Endoscopy which split his stomach lining open which they later denied. He was literally minutes from death when rushed into hospital a few hours later suffering with severe stomach ache (all his insides had leaked out). Coupled with that he had a sore throat whilst in hospital and after examination docs stated that he had severe throat cancer and nothing they could do for him.

After further tests the following week it was found there was nothing wrong with his throat, merely a virus.

Apologies if your eating your lunch right now!

Oh great.Going for another Endoscopy procedure soon.I'm going to try and get a copy of the vid and post it on here.

At lunchtime.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 14:41 - Apr 12 with 1127 viewswindsorhoop

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 14:35 - Apr 12 by TheBlob

Oh great.Going for another Endoscopy procedure soon.I'm going to try and get a copy of the vid and post it on here.

At lunchtime.

Had a colonoscopy the morning before the watford away game where we secured promotion.

Consultant was a leicester fan. Quite surreal having him insert something in my arse whilst discussing tarbs ability, who we would buy when we went up, warnock etc.

Its probably very similar to being friends with Mark Lawrenson tbh.
Anyone ever sued the health service? on 14:57 - Apr 12 with 1116 viewsGloucs_R

I had a catalogue of errors before spinal surgery. The best one was my wife called 999 as I couldn't move (disc stuck in spinal nerve)...paramedics refused to come out (not an emergency!), GP didnt want to come out and prescribed drugs over the phone. A week later I was in and once they found out what it was I was operated on within hours.

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 15:14 - Apr 12 with 1094 viewsA40Bosh

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 14:57 - Apr 12 by Gloucs_R

I had a catalogue of errors before spinal surgery. The best one was my wife called 999 as I couldn't move (disc stuck in spinal nerve)...paramedics refused to come out (not an emergency!), GP didnt want to come out and prescribed drugs over the phone. A week later I was in and once they found out what it was I was operated on within hours.

That is going to be a difficult one to pursue I would say because they will probably argue (that is if you can find who to sue) that 999 is a priority based service and although you could not move, you were apparently not under imminent threat of death and therefore not a priority to send paramedics and or an ambulance out to.
(That is me just offering a devils advocate view BTW with no knowledge).
Sorry you had such a bad experience with 999.

A few months back we had to dial 999 at 9pm one night because my 10 year old girl had some sort of major allergic reaction to a Saturday night take away Chinese and she came out in a rash and felt a tightening in the throat.

I was staggered just how quick 2 paramedics arrived - I am talking about less than 5 minutes, they must have been sitting down the road for all I know. And then 5 minutes after they arrived an ambulance then arrived and she was taken off to a pediatric A&E at the hospital and given an injection and 2am she arrived back with the Mrs in a cab and calm had been restored.

Sounds like it is pot luck what type of response you get. Good luck with it mate if you choose to pursue it.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 15:19 - Apr 12 with 1086 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 14:41 - Apr 12 by windsorhoop

Had a colonoscopy the morning before the watford away game where we secured promotion.

Consultant was a leicester fan. Quite surreal having him insert something in my arse whilst discussing tarbs ability, who we would buy when we went up, warnock etc.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 15:24 - Apr 12 with 1077 viewsA40Bosh

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 15:19 - Apr 12 by BrianMcCarthy

I think a few of us probably had a somewhat similar experience to you that weekend as an outbreak of "non medically induced colonic irrigation" swept throughout the West London region!!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 16:18 - Apr 12 with 1034 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 14:35 - Apr 12 by TheBlob

At lunchtime.

Just to add to earlier post. It was after the second Endoscopy some months later when they were checking the original operation went well that they did exactly the same as the first and split the stomach lining again that he decided that enough was enough and contacted a medical procedures Solicitor.

Good luck with yours though!
Anyone ever sued the health service? on 16:28 - Apr 12 with 1025 viewsTheBlob

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 16:18 - Apr 12 by Sudbury_Hill_R

Just to add to earlier post. It was after the second Endoscopy some months later when they were checking the original operation went well that they did exactly the same as the first and split the stomach lining again that he decided that enough was enough and contacted a medical procedures Solicitor.

Good luck with yours though!

Well that's reassuring.Thanks for that.

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 16:53 - Apr 12 with 996 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 16:28 - Apr 12 by TheBlob

Well that's reassuring.Thanks for that.

I'm sure you'll be fine but if it goes tits up I know a good solicitor!
Anyone ever sued the health service? on 16:56 - Apr 12 with 988 viewsTheBlob

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 16:53 - Apr 12 by Sudbury_Hill_R

I'm sure you'll be fine but if it goes tits up I know a good solicitor!

Probably a good plumber would be more useful.

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 18:32 - Apr 12 with 951 viewsLblock

Yes I have ---- for my dyslexia

Oh sorry!!!!!

I thought you were asking if anyone had used the NHS

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 18:37 - Apr 12 with 946 viewsHayesender

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 14:41 - Apr 12 by windsorhoop

Crying with laughter at that lauro comment

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 18:45 - Apr 12 with 938 viewsQPRDave

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 18:32 - Apr 12 by Lblock

Yes I have ---- for my dyslexia

Oh sorry!!!!!

I thought you were asking if anyone had used the NHS

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 21:07 - Apr 12 with 872 viewsGloucs_R

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 15:14 - Apr 12 by A40Bosh

That is going to be a difficult one to pursue I would say because they will probably argue (that is if you can find who to sue) that 999 is a priority based service and although you could not move, you were apparently not under imminent threat of death and therefore not a priority to send paramedics and or an ambulance out to.
(That is me just offering a devils advocate view BTW with no knowledge).
Sorry you had such a bad experience with 999.

A few months back we had to dial 999 at 9pm one night because my 10 year old girl had some sort of major allergic reaction to a Saturday night take away Chinese and she came out in a rash and felt a tightening in the throat.

I was staggered just how quick 2 paramedics arrived - I am talking about less than 5 minutes, they must have been sitting down the road for all I know. And then 5 minutes after they arrived an ambulance then arrived and she was taken off to a pediatric A&E at the hospital and given an injection and 2am she arrived back with the Mrs in a cab and calm had been restored.

Sounds like it is pot luck what type of response you get. Good luck with it mate if you choose to pursue it.

Thinking more about taking legal action against the gp. Wouldn't see me and didn't want to know. Fking useless they are.

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 21:11 - Apr 12 with 871 viewsLblock

Anyone ever sued the health service? on 21:07 - Apr 12 by Gloucs_R

Thinking more about taking legal action against the gp. Wouldn't see me and didn't want to know. Fking useless they are.

GP?
Christ good luck suing that greasy kunt
He'll be wandering out of the court mumbling about the sky being blue

On a serious note - good luck with everything
Been suffering with a prolapsed disc for 18 years and its no picnic

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024