Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Turkey?? 14:41 - Dec 16 with 2679 viewsstuabd

Are we all doing the Turkey option this Christmas or has anybody got anything else planned?

We'll be going for the Butterball frozen option. Might try fresh stuffing as opposed my usual packet option, though.

Turkey?? on 14:44 - Dec 16 with 1969 viewssmegma

Have a pizza instead.

With sprouts.
Turkey?? on 14:45 - Dec 16 with 1965 viewsrongould

We always have turkey for Thanksgiving, so a month later is too soon.

This year I was given a brace of pheasants, I have plucked and cleaned them, jointed them and they are now in the freezer.

For Christmas dinner they will be casseroled in port with mushrooms.
Turkey?? on 14:53 - Dec 16 with 1951 viewscheeseydane

My new neighbour came round yesterday and gave me 2 pheasants whcih are now hanging in the barn as a welcome sort of present in reverse.

I have no idea what to do with them, especially as im a vegetarian. Seemed rude to say no.

I guess the mutts will be eating fine this xmas.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Turkey?? on 14:54 - Dec 16 with 1949 viewsBushman

Capon this year,can also reccomend goose or Gressingham duck as an alternative to the Pinky & Perky which I always find a bit dry.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Turkey?? on 14:54 - Dec 16 with 1948 viewsklr

Five Bird Roast.

Sounds like something they used to do at the West Ham Christmas party a few years ago.
Turkey?? on 16:31 - Dec 16 with 1889 viewskropotkin41

Nut roast - all veggies here!

I shall however be doing roast veg and bread sauce........ we also often have sage & onion stuffing balls even though there is nothing to stuff.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Turkey?? on 16:47 - Dec 16 with 1864 viewsDesertBoot

Vegetarian too. Quorn pieces pie with chestnuts, cranberries, sprouts and a thick pastry served with vegetable gravy.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Turkey?? on 16:51 - Dec 16 with 1860 viewsHayesender

Roast beef, roast lamb and gammon

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Turkey?? on 16:55 - Dec 16 with 1859 viewsTheBlob

Rib of beef and all the trimmings.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Turkey?? on 16:57 - Dec 16 with 1853 viewsHayesender

Turkey?? on 16:55 - Dec 16 by TheBlob

Rib of beef and all the trimmings.

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Turkey?? on 17:49 - Dec 16 with 1812 viewsexiled_dictator

What's Christmas?

When we were younger, we used to have a turkey for Christmas lunch 'to get into the spirit of things', but nowadays we prefer to have a lighter lunch as we work late on Christmas Eve, and are open on Christmas Day for dinner. Trying to work on a full stomach is too difficult.
Meat will be on offer, but much smaller quantities will be consumed.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Turkey?? on 17:57 - Dec 16 with 1804 viewsBazWoT

Roast Turkey, various stuffings, pigs in blankets, brussels (loads) et al.

Got to be done, got loads here this Christmas Day, could be a nightmare!!!

Can't wait now it's been mentioned.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Turkey?? on 18:06 - Dec 16 with 1785 viewsbatmanhoop

so much easier with all these ready meals and just bung in the oven roasts
Turkey?? on 18:27 - Dec 16 with 1753 viewsMonahoop

Don't like turkey, so roast beef with lashings of home made horse radish sauce [nice and hot], ham on the bone and may be a duck thrown in for good measure.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Turkey?? on 18:41 - Dec 16 with 1743 views18StoneOfHoop

Get ahead,Get a goose. tasty,juicy,certainly not dry..what's not too like?

If like me you're nose tell-taleingly sticks in the air and you're originally - before foo king it all oop - from a 'wheely wather poesh' background and don't live 'ite in the (Godforsaken A40/M4 corridor) stix' a large tasty goose can be still be ordered at this late stage by one's butler,nanny,valet,dogsbody or amanuensis for a very reasonable price at Lidgates on Holland Park Avenue.
I'm pretty sure that's what locals such as Michael Winner,Lakshmi and Richard Branson will be doing this year. Necker and Mustique NOT the way to go - too quiet and boring and always the chance of bumping into that ghastly pleb Kate Winslet with her hair on fire.

Here's Konk in his barbour driving his geese brought all the way from the outer Surrey steppes down to Fulham High Street:

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Turkey?? on 18:59 - Dec 16 with 1724 viewsfacto

Turkey?? on 18:41 - Dec 16 by 18StoneOfHoop

Get ahead,Get a goose. tasty,juicy,certainly not dry..what's not too like?

If like me you're nose tell-taleingly sticks in the air and you're originally - before foo king it all oop - from a 'wheely wather poesh' background and don't live 'ite in the (Godforsaken A40/M4 corridor) stix' a large tasty goose can be still be ordered at this late stage by one's butler,nanny,valet,dogsbody or amanuensis for a very reasonable price at Lidgates on Holland Park Avenue.
I'm pretty sure that's what locals such as Michael Winner,Lakshmi and Richard Branson will be doing this year. Necker and Mustique NOT the way to go - too quiet and boring and always the chance of bumping into that ghastly pleb Kate Winslet with her hair on fire.

Here's Konk in his barbour driving his geese brought all the way from the outer Surrey steppes down to Fulham High Street:

gladiator box n egg nog crushem!!
Turkey?? on 19:10 - Dec 16 with 1714 viewscollegeranger

I was offered 2 sides of Venison for 80 quid ! Anyone think that too dear?
Turkey?? on 19:36 - Dec 16 with 1688 viewshblocker

Turkey?? on 19:10 - Dec 16 by collegeranger

I was offered 2 sides of Venison for 80 quid ! Anyone think that too dear?

Ŕzek for us with potatoe salad traditional czech Xmas dinner for us as the old trouble is czech for her sins
Turkey?? on 19:38 - Dec 16 with 1684 viewsTonto

Turkey?? on 19:36 - Dec 16 by hblocker

Ŕzek for us with potatoe salad traditional czech Xmas dinner for us as the old trouble is czech for her sins

Hblocker - my Mrs is Czech too, but luckily doesnt like the carp thing!

This is the first year in about 5 we will not be in Czech, just the two of us, so we will go to Waitrose on 24th and purchase whatever bird/foul is on cheap!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Turkey?? on 19:53 - Dec 16 with 1669 viewsnoauthority

Best meal of the year bar none. Some good alternative suggestions particularly rib of beef (Ginger Pig on Askew Road sell superb beef rib all be it a tad pricey). Roast duck with crispy skin would also be nice. Pheasant etc all a bit too full on flavour wise for the amount I like to consume once a year.

For me, considering tradition and years gone by, it has to be turkey. We go for a free range Bronze turkey these days, not cheap but if you hypothetically spread the cost across the other feasters far, far cheaper than the local curry house!

Hope to beat my record of 20 pigs in blankets this year ;-)

Turkey?? on 20:17 - Dec 16 with 1651 viewsloftboy

We buy a turkey crown, so breast meat only, Gammon (boiled), beef and I make home made stuffing, 3 portions of sausage meat, loaf of bread crumbs, one onion, and sage, there's 9 of us this year and it all just about lasts until the 27th.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Turkey?? on 20:40 - Dec 16 with 1633 viewsKiwi76

Just us for Xmas this year so going seafood - crayfish and plenty of prawns.
Mates round on Boxing Day and will do the Turkey then as can get through the bloody thing in one go rather than clutter the fridge with leftovers
Turkey?? on 23:09 - Dec 16 with 1605 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Turkey?? on 20:40 - Dec 16 by Kiwi76

Just us for Xmas this year so going seafood - crayfish and plenty of prawns.
Mates round on Boxing Day and will do the Turkey then as can get through the bloody thing in one go rather than clutter the fridge with leftovers

I spent xmas 2002 in Auckland. Ice cream xmas pudding in the sun. Loved it

It's got to be Yarg

Turkey?? on 00:13 - Dec 17 with 1580 viewsBazWoT

Turkey?? on 20:17 - Dec 16 by loftboy

We buy a turkey crown, so breast meat only, Gammon (boiled), beef and I make home made stuffing, 3 portions of sausage meat, loaf of bread crumbs, one onion, and sage, there's 9 of us this year and it all just about lasts until the 27th.

Very nice but why are you starving half your family? There's a million of you, certainly not enough grub there, that's for sure, as Harry would say.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Turkey?? on 00:42 - Dec 17 with 1573 viewsTheBlob

Turkey?? on 00:13 - Dec 17 by BazWoT

Very nice but why are you starving half your family? There's a million of you, certainly not enough grub there, that's for sure, as Harry would say.

That's right,just a snack in Baz's house.Probably can get that lot between two slices of bread.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024