Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Benali on Eyre? 22:33 - Jul 16 with 5263 viewsdancdale

Ahmad Benali on twitter tonight:

Never worked this hard in a long time! But suppose this is what happens when you've had poor coaching for 2 years!

Followed by:

Not bitter. Mcfc fan just saying what people need to know.
Benali on Eyre? on 20:11 - Jul 17 with 1309 viewsphomem

Benali on Eyre? on 19:33 - Jul 17 by olympicdale

It was crystal clear the board accepted relegation by not replacing COG.

The appointment of Beech still beggers belief, someone who wasn't deemed good enough to take over from Hill, and overlooked for Eyre, but he was cheap, then the board panicked and decided they had to "splash out" by bringing in Coley, but it was too late, the players's attitude was appalling. It was a different situation at Tranmere, the players were just lacking in confidence, ours lacked in desire, to fight for the club/managers.

Sometimes you talk some shite the board did no such thing
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Benali on Eyre? on 20:22 - Jul 17 with 1284 viewsisitme

True.

We missed a keeper for most of the season.
Benali on Eyre? on 20:26 - Jul 17 with 1274 viewsolympicdale

Benali on Eyre? on 20:06 - Jul 17 by TVOS1907

COG was a great player and much more than a striker, but he scored nine league goals the season before, so it's not fair to label him a goalscorer (at that level), especially when he would have been fed on scraps last term compared to 2010/11.

We had more problems at the back than up front.

Well losing Dawson was like losing a defender and a goalscorer in 1, so losing COG, was always going to be hard to find replacements for these. I just felt at the time the board weren't overly concerned with spending the money we got for COG, choosing to save the cash for if we went down, as a lifeboat.

dont we all Phomem........dont we all.

Life is a game of fate.

Benali on Eyre? on 20:36 - Jul 17 with 1266 viewsTVOS1907

Benali on Eyre? on 20:26 - Jul 17 by olympicdale

Well losing Dawson was like losing a defender and a goalscorer in 1, so losing COG, was always going to be hard to find replacements for these. I just felt at the time the board weren't overly concerned with spending the money we got for COG, choosing to save the cash for if we went down, as a lifeboat.

But we already knew Dawson wasn't ours and Hill had a replacement lined up, who reportedly joined him at Barnsley, so the board had clearly decided to back the manager in that respect.

They couldn't then foresee what would happen through June, but also backed Eyre when he brought in Trotman (Championship pedigree) and Twaddle (beating off a host of Championship clubs).

These players won't have come cheap, wages wise.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Benali on Eyre? on 20:36 - Jul 17 with 1266 views442Dale

The difference in money from the League/FA pool from 09-10 (L2) and 10-11 (L1) was around 400k. The COG money would only help plug that particular hole, staying up was the best way to do it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Benali on Eyre? on 21:02 - Jul 17 with 1246 viewsolympicdale

Benali on Eyre? on 20:36 - Jul 17 by TVOS1907

But we already knew Dawson wasn't ours and Hill had a replacement lined up, who reportedly joined him at Barnsley, so the board had clearly decided to back the manager in that respect.

They couldn't then foresee what would happen through June, but also backed Eyre when he brought in Trotman (Championship pedigree) and Twaddle (beating off a host of Championship clubs).

These players won't have come cheap, wages wise.

true, but we will never know if Mcnulty (assuming it was him) would have joined us, certainly be interesting to know who Hill had in mind for a 'keeper after releasing OFW

Life is a game of fate.

Benali on Eyre? on 21:09 - Jul 17 with 1237 viewsBobbyjoe

Benali on Eyre? on 19:35 - Jul 17 by TVOS1907

So none of our problems last season were down to Eyre? None of them at all?

Who signed the majority of the players Coleman inherited?

How was he looking like he would keep us up at the time he was sacked?

We had won one game in more than two months and had recently been knocked out of the FA Cup by a team near to the bottom of the Football League.

As a logician, I'm stumped.

I thought you were a mathematician, TVOS. Logic has no more to do with maths than does, say, a sudoku puzzle. Eyre made a ton of mistakes. What else would one expect of a man with no previous experience? But no one could have kept the team up following the summer departures, probably not even Hill. There is plenty of historical evidence of promoted teams having a honeymoon season before reverting to type. Ipswich, anyone?
Benali on Eyre? on 21:22 - Jul 17 with 1224 viewsphomem

Just some more than others 💋
Login to get fewer ads

Benali on Eyre? on 21:23 - Jul 17 with 1223 views442Dale

Benali on Eyre? on 21:09 - Jul 17 by Bobbyjoe

I thought you were a mathematician, TVOS. Logic has no more to do with maths than does, say, a sudoku puzzle. Eyre made a ton of mistakes. What else would one expect of a man with no previous experience? But no one could have kept the team up following the summer departures, probably not even Hill. There is plenty of historical evidence of promoted teams having a honeymoon season before reverting to type. Ipswich, anyone?

No one could have kept them up?

Absolute nonsense. There are no facts whatsoever to back that up. There were plenty of mediocre/poor sides in the division that stayed up because they had leadership and direction at crucial times.

Bury were woeful, on paper they have few players we'd have swapped for our own (yes, even last season) yet they survived comfortably because they put a run together when it mattered. As did Walsall.

And second season syndrome at Notts County, a side who were looking to cut their wage bill while regularly changing manager, saw them only just miss out on the playoffs.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Benali on Eyre? on 21:28 - Jul 17 with 1215 viewsTVOS1907

"Logic (from the Greek logikē) refers to both the study of modes of reasoning (which are valid and which are fallacious) and the use of valid reasoning. In the latter sense, logic is used in most intellectual activities, including philosophy and science, but in the first sense is studied primarily in the disciplines of philosophy, mathematics, semantics, and computer science. It examines general forms that arguments may take. In mathematics, it is the study of valid inferences within some formal language. Logic is also studied in argumentation theory."

Hill had no previous experience either.

And saying nobody else could have kept us up is just pure speculation to support your argument.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Benali on Eyre? on 21:35 - Jul 17 with 1209 viewsphomem

Wigan have had a series of second seasons then proving that theory wrong. Last season was always going to be tough but hill would have had the motivation and skill to keep dale up. Coleman picked up a team with confidence shot and a team infighting. Hence the major clear out hence the teamwork togetherness etc
Benali on Eyre? on 21:43 - Jul 17 with 1199 viewsolympicdale

Benali on Eyre? on 21:22 - Jul 17 by phomem

damn, and I thought we could have been BFF's

Life is a game of fate.

Benali on Eyre? on 21:46 - Jul 17 with 1196 viewsolympicdale

fail to see the significance of a championship club to support your argument.

Life is a game of fate.

Benali on Eyre? on 21:49 - Jul 17 with 1188 viewsTalkingSutty

Benali on Eyre? on 21:22 - Jul 17 by phomem

I think over a full season though things even themselves out, we all spout some b******s at times. Tazzy doesnt have the monopoly on it !!
Benali on Eyre? on 22:18 - Jul 17 with 1157 viewsSalwaDale

Coleman did no better a job last season than Eyre. FACT

That one can't really be argued. If Coleman fails to do well next season then he is there to be shot at. I gladly accept that.

But I still think Eyre destroyed team spirit and confidence and made some horrendous signings. I am happier going into this season with Coleman than Eyre.

TBBT

Benali on Eyre? on 22:40 - Jul 17 with 1117 viewsolympicdale

Benali on Eyre? on 22:18 - Jul 17 by SalwaDale

That one can't really be argued. If Coleman fails to do well next season then he is there to be shot at. I gladly accept that.

But I still think Eyre destroyed team spirit and confidence and made some horrendous signings. I am happier going into this season with Coleman than Eyre.

going by the signings Coleman has made/is looking at, just highlights he knows whats expected in the league we'll be in, Eyre had close to no idea about l1, or the right players needed to compete in it.

Life is a game of fate.

Benali on Eyre? on 00:18 - Jul 18 with 1078 viewsdingdangblue

Benali on Eyre? on 22:18 - Jul 17 by SalwaDale

I dont agree that there wasnt any improvement when Coleman took over - initially there was a massive improvement - we looked a lot more solid when Long arrived. The win v bury, narrow loss at scunthorpe, couldve won 1-0 at charlton, 1-0 v bournemouth. I think the big turning points were jonahs penalty miss v weds which was a huge knock to morale and the draw v walsall when we went ahead in the 93rd min. We never stood a chance after that.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Benali on Eyre? on 10:28 - Jul 18 with 1008 viewsD_Alien

Benali on Eyre? on 00:18 - Jul 18 by dingdangblue

I dont agree that there wasnt any improvement when Coleman took over - initially there was a massive improvement - we looked a lot more solid when Long arrived. The win v bury, narrow loss at scunthorpe, couldve won 1-0 at charlton, 1-0 v bournemouth. I think the big turning points were jonahs penalty miss v weds which was a huge knock to morale and the draw v walsall when we went ahead in the 93rd min. We never stood a chance after that.

Totally agree

Football is about more than just FACTS !!

Yes, results are the bottom line, but what leads to those results is a whole host of intangibles, the biggest two being talent and team spirit

Those two results you allude to really did for us. Two wins then might well have seen us pull clear. Its history now though.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Benali on Eyre? on 11:20 - Jul 18 with 976 viewsdingdangblue

Benali on Eyre? on 10:28 - Jul 18 by D_Alien

Totally agree

Football is about more than just FACTS !!

Yes, results are the bottom line, but what leads to those results is a whole host of intangibles, the biggest two being talent and team spirit

Those two results you allude to really did for us. Two wins then might well have seen us pull clear. Its history now though.

Peter Kurucz missing the last 2 months of the season injured and not replacing him was a costly mistake. At least now we have our own decent keeper for the 1st time in a long time.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Benali on Eyre? on 11:53 - Jul 18 with 940 viewsolympicdale

Every team can look back at every season, if only we'd won there, scored that penalty etc etc,

There is no doubt that when JC came in we saw a notable improvement in team moral and the general attitude of the team, and given that most of these players didn't want to be at the club, is a testament to JC. I think as soon as Walsall scored THAT goal, the team/club knew we were going to be relegated, the amount of bad luck that led to that goal was unbelievable, in that 99/100 times we would have seen out that final minute, it was a moment that summed up our season.

I have faith that with a team of players around him that HE wants, with a full pre-season, one that already looks like he is pushing the team hard, and a transfer window, will see a team that is committed, and will play for the manager. I wouldn't guess he would be the greatest man manager, in that he doesn't seem like the arm 'round the shoulder type, but I have a feeling he is well respected within this league, and with the players, for what he's done, and we will see a different ethos on the pitch this season.

Life is a game of fate.

Benali on Eyre? on 22:11 - Jul 18 with 852 viewsSalwaDale

I don't really agree with it myself either. But I was only really going off the fact that we went down with Coleman in charge and, in some ways, Eyre could not have done any worse.

I believe Coleman will be a very successful Rochdale manager. I've seen enough to give me some confidence.

TBBT

Benali on Eyre? on 23:11 - Jul 18 with 819 viewsmacro

Benali on Eyre? on 11:20 - Jul 18 by dingdangblue

Peter Kurucz missing the last 2 months of the season injured and not replacing him was a costly mistake. At least now we have our own decent keeper for the 1st time in a long time.

It'll definitely help matters a no1 keeper who at least will inspire some confidence. It'll be a completely new back 5 with no defenders (Byrne apart) being kept on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024