Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
bit naughty 09:41 - May 30 with 2277 viewsjamesmackie44

the seat next to mine in the LL is always free, if i register my mates kid on my ST but never take him this will surely allow me keep my seat in the lower loft, albeit ensuring that somebody misses out. selfish or shrewd?
also can you upgrade your kids ticket to a full adult if your kid can't make the game?
bit naughty on 09:52 - May 30 with 2254 viewsBlackCrowe

Yes i think that is a loophole to get round it and yes you can upgrade your ticket to adult on the day but best to check if they will allow this in the family stand as well.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

bit naughty on 09:53 - May 30 with 2244 viewsFerdy

I would imagine plenty of people will be doing this. Its sad as true fans will miss out.

I did notice that in the season ticket booklet that we will be using this ticket exchange thing next season so maybe you can sell the ticket using that http://www.viagogo.co.uk/Sports-Tickets/Football/Barclays-Premiership/Queens-Par
bit naughty on 09:55 - May 30 with 2236 viewswittle

so not only does he not really need the ticket he can flog it and make a profit when the big clubs come to town.
bit naughty on 10:05 - May 30 with 2205 viewsNorthernr

Inevitable consequence of the Lower Loft decision is that people will find a child they have no intention of taking and just get them a free season ticket so they can continue to sit there. Presumably to prevent this they're only going to let you go through the turnstile with a kid. But then surely you could just say you're part of a group of four and the others are already inside? It's not workable full stop really.
bit naughty on 10:20 - May 30 with 2153 viewswestberksr

have thought about buying a junior St just to give myself some legroom; £180 well spent but morally an issue (although at 6'5" the morals can probably go do one). Would probably take my nephew to a few games to get him on the side of good in the battle against the Scum.

a bit of a quandry.
bit naughty on 11:20 - May 30 with 2055 viewsWatford_Ranger

Buy up all the spare seats for free, sell them to adults at face value and the family stand is no more and you make a tidy, risk-free profit given the turnstile operators don't give a toss. Bung them a fiver if necessary.
bit naughty on 13:06 - May 30 with 1936 viewsstowmarketrange

I mentioned this last week.If you have Nieces or Nephews under 8,all you need to do is to get them registered after June 30th for a season ticket and you can have a seat free to put your coat on for 9 months.
How do the club expect to make money out of an empty seat?This is at the expense of some long term S.T. holders being asked to move stands in order to accomodate this decision.
The guy next to me has been sent one of these e-mails,and he is the Godfather to my Daughter,who first encouraged her to come to Rangers.He sits on the edge of the row so how can they use his seat for a family when it is a single seat?
This could have been handled so much better if they just gave the families one or two blocks in the lower loft,and left the rest for ordinary fans.
How are they going to find 1800 families members in 4 weeks?
I aint sure that I want to sit in a stand with no atmosphere,so here is one family that might be moving out of the family stand.
Bad,bad decision by the board when we have so little room as it is.
bit naughty on 15:09 - May 30 with 1847 viewsEsgaroth

bit naughty on 13:06 - May 30 by stowmarketrange

I mentioned this last week.If you have Nieces or Nephews under 8,all you need to do is to get them registered after June 30th for a season ticket and you can have a seat free to put your coat on for 9 months.
How do the club expect to make money out of an empty seat?This is at the expense of some long term S.T. holders being asked to move stands in order to accomodate this decision.
The guy next to me has been sent one of these e-mails,and he is the Godfather to my Daughter,who first encouraged her to come to Rangers.He sits on the edge of the row so how can they use his seat for a family when it is a single seat?
This could have been handled so much better if they just gave the families one or two blocks in the lower loft,and left the rest for ordinary fans.
How are they going to find 1800 families members in 4 weeks?
I aint sure that I want to sit in a stand with no atmosphere,so here is one family that might be moving out of the family stand.
Bad,bad decision by the board when we have so little room as it is.

How many games do you give it with a half empty Loft (even though all the seats will apparently be usedby under 8's) before the club see's the what a monumental cock up they have made and does something about it.

The one thing Tony said they would do is listen to the fans if it effects them. Well it would appear he didn't consult ANY in this case and it could have a very adverse effect on the atmosphere. The home end is where the noise should come from.

Even tho i have sat in the same seat with the same people since the last day of the Loft Terrace we will be moving to a Gold area rather than getting a free seat for my mates son who will never set foot in the place. I want a full stadium even tho being forced to move pi55es me off greatly.

One other reason for me to move is that i spend a lot of my time singing "stand up, so i can see f*ck all, stand up so i can see f*ck all" because since we got promoted they put that TV camera position in the middle of the stand and when everyone stands up i can only see half the pitch anyway.

We need a new stadium pretty quick if we want to stay in the Premier League im afraid to day boys and girls. BBC site would be my choice.

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Login to get fewer ads

bit naughty on 15:30 - May 30 with 1811 viewsstowmarketrange

bit naughty on 15:09 - May 30 by Esgaroth

How many games do you give it with a half empty Loft (even though all the seats will apparently be usedby under 8's) before the club see's the what a monumental cock up they have made and does something about it.

The one thing Tony said they would do is listen to the fans if it effects them. Well it would appear he didn't consult ANY in this case and it could have a very adverse effect on the atmosphere. The home end is where the noise should come from.

Even tho i have sat in the same seat with the same people since the last day of the Loft Terrace we will be moving to a Gold area rather than getting a free seat for my mates son who will never set foot in the place. I want a full stadium even tho being forced to move pi55es me off greatly.

One other reason for me to move is that i spend a lot of my time singing "stand up, so i can see f*ck all, stand up so i can see f*ck all" because since we got promoted they put that TV camera position in the middle of the stand and when everyone stands up i can only see half the pitch anyway.

We need a new stadium pretty quick if we want to stay in the Premier League im afraid to day boys and girls. BBC site would be my choice.

For night games in the winter it will be virtually empty.Also for a lot of the televised games I think it won't be full up.
bit naughty on 15:39 - May 30 with 1795 viewsingeminate

bit naughty on 10:05 - May 30 by Northernr

Inevitable consequence of the Lower Loft decision is that people will find a child they have no intention of taking and just get them a free season ticket so they can continue to sit there. Presumably to prevent this they're only going to let you go through the turnstile with a kid. But then surely you could just say you're part of a group of four and the others are already inside? It's not workable full stop really.

You could just say the kid is ill, or on a school trip, or has now decided he doesn't want to go to QPR, without never ending clauses it will impossible to chuck people out regardless of whether they hve kids.
Hopefully though despite the loop-hole only a small number of people will bother with it so it won't have a dramatic impact.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

bit naughty on 19:14 - May 30 with 1670 viewshblocker

bit naughty on 15:39 - May 30 by ingeminate

You could just say the kid is ill, or on a school trip, or has now decided he doesn't want to go to QPR, without never ending clauses it will impossible to chuck people out regardless of whether they hve kids.
Hopefully though despite the loop-hole only a small number of people will bother with it so it won't have a dramatic impact.

Why not just move and let our future fan base grow ?
bit naughty on 19:20 - May 30 with 1662 viewsWatford_Ranger

bit naughty on 19:14 - May 30 by hblocker

I don't think having a stand that only parents with kids can go in will suddenly see people flocking to Loftus Road.
bit naughty on 20:11 - May 30 with 1623 viewsdaveB

it's a pointless idea by the club tha is only going to cause the box office a nightmare trying to move people and will be scrapped by christmas when they see how empty it is and how crap the atmosphere has become.

I've got a kids ticket next to me for my son, he rarley goes but i wanted him to have a season ticket so when he does come we all stay together with mates and family, sadly those mates and family are being moved now so thats not great.

If they stop people going into the lower loft without a kid that will be hillarious, they should re name it the childrens stand rather than the family stand.
bit naughty on 20:19 - May 30 with 1606 viewsloftboy

Without sounding holier than though my 7 year old didn't miss a game last season at home, I think it's plain wrong for people to exploit what is a generous offer from the club just to get extra legroom or so their kid can see one or two games, sorry if this makes me sound kuntish but if too many take the piss then this offer won't be around for long.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

bit naughty on 20:31 - May 30 with 1590 viewsstowmarketrange

bit naughty on 20:19 - May 30 by loftboy

Without sounding holier than though my 7 year old didn't miss a game last season at home, I think it's plain wrong for people to exploit what is a generous offer from the club just to get extra legroom or so their kid can see one or two games, sorry if this makes me sound kuntish but if too many take the piss then this offer won't be around for long.

It might be used as a ploy in order for fans to sit where they want to.It will make little difference to the club if the seat is used by an U8 or a jacket.
The policy is flawed,and open to possible abuse by fans who feel that they have been treated unfairly.
bit naughty on 22:22 - May 30 with 1513 viewsSomersetHoops

I've already said that this well meaning action by the board has not taken into account the history of the Loft which is where many committed ordinary supporters used to stand and make a lot of noise in support of the team. I think to sanitise this area is being done in the wrong place.

Kids who have better hearing than older people such as myself have will still hear swearing from other parts of the ground and I don't think our fans behave that badly around kids anyway. When I used to take my son and his mate from a young age to stand behind the goal on the Loft terrace it was not considered necessary to make these kind of changes then, so why now. IMHO football grounds are not the place for overactive PC police and people who think they are would destroy part of what it is to be a football fan. We have stewards to explain to people who go OTT that their behaviour is not acceptable and deal with them if necessary.

I fear this change will remove much of the atmosphere that makes LR so special and I hope the board realise their mistake and deal with this issue in a different, better way. Better consultation with fans or at least the people involved in the future before making what may only appear to be minor changes to those not directly effected would avoid these problems and probably lead to a better solution.

We have a great board with the best intentions of anyone running the club for years, so it pains me to see some fans who justifiably feel badly treated by them.

Who's Next?

bit naughty on 11:51 - May 31 with 1384 viewsingeminate

bit naughty on 19:14 - May 30 by hblocker

I basically agree with you, just saying it is far from a fool-proof system.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

bit naughty on 13:54 - May 31 with 1326 viewsPinnerPaul

bit naughty on 20:31 - May 30 by stowmarketrange

It might be used as a ploy in order for fans to sit where they want to.It will make little difference to the club if the seat is used by an U8 or a jacket.
The policy is flawed,and open to possible abuse by fans who feel that they have been treated unfairly.

Nonsense - a jacket won't consume food & drink, buy merchandise in the club shop, go home and tell his mates what a great time he had, grow up to become a QPR fan and bring his own children up the same way.

So yes there is a diiference!

Some of the posts on here are now becoming pathetic - sounds like the "children's stand" is a good place for some to sit, regardless of age!
bit naughty on 14:04 - May 31 with 1314 viewsLewes_r

would be nice if someone twitted TF a link to this thread

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

bit naughty on 14:21 - May 31 with 1299 viewsdaveB

when i've not used my kids ticket in the last 2 years I've upgraded it to an adult and brought along mates so the seat is filled and the club get an extra £40 a game, everyones a winner.
bit naughty on 20:28 - May 31 with 1235 viewsstowmarketrange

bit naughty on 14:21 - May 31 by daveB

when i've not used my kids ticket in the last 2 years I've upgraded it to an adult and brought along mates so the seat is filled and the club get an extra £40 a game, everyones a winner.

I doubt that they would let you do that for the family stand now as it will contravene their rules.
bit naughty on 20:29 - May 31 with 1232 viewsstowmarketrange

bit naughty on 13:54 - May 31 by PinnerPaul

Nonsense - a jacket won't consume food & drink, buy merchandise in the club shop, go home and tell his mates what a great time he had, grow up to become a QPR fan and bring his own children up the same way.

So yes there is a diiference!

Some of the posts on here are now becoming pathetic - sounds like the "children's stand" is a good place for some to sit, regardless of age!

I guess you aren't affected by this change then?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024