Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Dark Arts - Man City vs Arsenal 16:06 - Sep 23 with 1553 viewsqprninja

Not sure why people are banging on about Arsenal's use of the "The Dark Arts" in the Citeh match like it's a new phenomenon? I can only assume that the sacred land of the Premier League is hitherto untouched by these dirty deeds. Clearly these people have never watched a Preston team go 1-0 up?
The Dark Arts - Man City vs Arsenal on 17:14 - Sep 23 with 1404 viewsStanisgod

Gary Neville did say what Arsenal were doing ended in "housing"

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The Dark Arts - Man City vs Arsenal on 21:47 - Sep 26 with 953 viewsdigswellhoop

proper football
The Dark Arts - Man City vs Arsenal on 22:12 - Sep 26 with 915 viewsdaveB

I think more was made of it as you expect it from other clubs but teams going for the title don't tend to spend that much of the game running the clock down, was very Mourinhio like from an Arsenal manager who loves a moan when it happens to them
The Dark Arts - Man City vs Arsenal on 22:22 - Sep 26 with 882 viewsGus_iom

The Dark Arts - Man City vs Arsenal on 17:14 - Sep 23 by Stanisgod

Gary Neville did say what Arsenal were doing ended in "housing"

Well, the missing word certainly wasn't 'affordable '.
The Dark Arts - Man City vs Arsenal on 22:39 - Sep 26 with 861 viewsstainrods_elbow

The Dark Arts - Man City vs Arsenal on 22:12 - Sep 26 by daveB

I think more was made of it as you expect it from other clubs but teams going for the title don't tend to spend that much of the game running the clock down, was very Mourinhio like from an Arsenal manager who loves a moan when it happens to them

'Dark arts', my arse! What's remotely 'artistic' about it?

If the ref adds on the correct amount of time, 'running the clock down' is a meaningless term, although of course the play is 'broken up' regardless. It's just more contempt for the paying fans, of course, as well as the game itself. A lot of modern football is about not playing football as much as playing it, and it's definitely getting a lot worse. It started, I'm sorry to say, or was at least significantly accelerated by, the arrival of foreign players.

Has a player ever been booked in the PL for simulating injury, I wonder? I suppose if they were, a lot of games would finish as six-a-sides.

If refs just applied the rules and got (actually or unactually) injured players off the pitch without delay and issued cards for obvious simulation, perhaps some of this offensive bullsh*t would be flushed out. Obviously, the football authorities don't care to.
[Post edited 26 Sep 22:41]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

The Dark Arts - Man City vs Arsenal on 22:57 - Sep 26 with 818 viewsNed_Kennedys

The Dark Arts - Man City vs Arsenal on 22:12 - Sep 26 by daveB

You are 2-1 up away at probably the best team in Europe who haven’t lost at home for almost two years when you have a player sent off before half time. You have probably the best defence in the league. A defeat will give a massive advantage to your opponents in the title race.

Batten down the hatches and do whatever you can to keep them out.

Very disappointed they couldn’t quite hold on but great effort.
The Dark Arts - Man City vs Arsenal on 22:58 - Sep 26 with 816 viewsBoston

The Dark Arts - Man City vs Arsenal on 22:22 - Sep 26 by Gus_iom

Well, the missing word certainly wasn't 'affordable '.

More like sub-standard.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Dark Arts - Man City vs Arsenal on 10:09 - Sep 27 with 514 viewsdaveB

The Dark Arts - Man City vs Arsenal on 22:57 - Sep 26 by Ned_Kennedys

You are 2-1 up away at probably the best team in Europe who haven’t lost at home for almost two years when you have a player sent off before half time. You have probably the best defence in the league. A defeat will give a massive advantage to your opponents in the title race.

Batten down the hatches and do whatever you can to keep them out.

Very disappointed they couldn’t quite hold on but great effort.

I don't blame them for doing it, came very close to working but is just ironic that when it happens to Arteta he loses the plot

I'm with Roy Keane on it all, if Warnock, Pullis etc did that they'd be slaughtered but Arsenal do it and it's genius.
Login to get fewer ads

The Dark Arts - Man City vs Arsenal on 13:07 - Sep 27 with 392 viewsR_from_afar

I'm surprised that Arsenal have been criticised for this when:
- They have probably resorted to "the dark arts" less often than any other Prem club in the last couple of decades
-Man City are well known for committing professional fouls in order to stop opposition attacks.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Dark Arts - Man City vs Arsenal on 17:23 - Sep 27 with 211 viewsNed_Kennedys

The Dark Arts - Man City vs Arsenal on 10:09 - Sep 27 by daveB

I don't blame them for doing it, came very close to working but is just ironic that when it happens to Arteta he loses the plot

I'm with Roy Keane on it all, if Warnock, Pullis etc did that they'd be slaughtered but Arsenal do it and it's genius.

No manager should be slaughtered for doing it in the circumstances I’ve outlined away at Man City with 10 men.
In fact if Warnock or Pulis did it when at Cardiff or Stoke it would be even more justified as they would have been hammered by Man City if they didn’t.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024