Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
City v Arsenal 17:56 - Sep 22 with 3251 viewsstowmarketrange

This is a bit like our game in 2012.I wonder if Rooney will blame Arsenal if they lose?
City v Arsenal on 17:59 - Sep 22 with 3217 viewsLblock

Ref has killed it as a spectacle

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

City v Arsenal on 17:59 - Sep 22 with 3215 viewsflynnbo

Was thinking the exact same thing!
City v Arsenal on 18:00 - Sep 22 with 3201 viewsNoelmc

I had exactly the same thought. Will it all come down to added time again?
City v Arsenal on 18:32 - Sep 22 with 3084 viewsRangers67

If Michael Oliver is the best we have then no wonder we get the standard of refs we do
City v Arsenal on 18:35 - Sep 22 with 3083 viewsrichpr

Arsenal time-wasting is off the scale and embarrassing. Must have been 5 or 6 Arsenal players faking injury by sitting on the ground. Pathetic. Love watching Villa and Liverpool who both play attractive football - this game was shite
City v Arsenal on 18:41 - Sep 22 with 3067 viewsstowmarketrange

City v Arsenal on 18:32 - Sep 22 by Rangers67

If Michael Oliver is the best we have then no wonder we get the standard of refs we do

To be fair he wasn’t helped by constant cheating from both sets of players,but especially Arsenal.Glad they got the equaliser though.
City v Arsenal on 18:45 - Sep 22 with 3014 viewspaulparker

I was just hoping that Drury would be shot with a tranquilliser gun
Absolute clown of a commentator

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

City v Arsenal on 18:46 - Sep 22 with 2995 viewsted_hendrix

Pep Guardiola: ‘Everyone wants City to disappear’ in legal battle.

Including me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

City v Arsenal on 19:37 - Sep 22 with 2788 viewsHAYESBOY

Oliver gets an assist for Arsenals first goal.

Smells like a trout farm in here

City v Arsenal on 19:39 - Sep 22 with 2780 viewsNorthernr

City v Arsenal on 18:45 - Sep 22 by paulparker

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/may/01/david-squires-on
City v Arsenal on 20:08 - Sep 22 with 2599 viewsNed_Kennedys

City v Arsenal on 18:35 - Sep 22 by richpr

Arsenal time-wasting is off the scale and embarrassing. Must have been 5 or 6 Arsenal players faking injury by sitting on the ground. Pathetic. Love watching Villa and Liverpool who both play attractive football - this game was shite

Well if you are down to 10 men for over half a game away at the best team in the country and protecting a lead what other option would you recommend?
Great effort and unlucky not to hold on at the end.
City v Arsenal on 20:10 - Sep 22 with 2568 viewsdaveB

City v Arsenal on 17:59 - Sep 22 by Lblock

Ref has killed it as a spectacle

Was more Trossard killed it by doing something incredibly stupid, was a clear red card
City v Arsenal on 20:13 - Sep 22 with 2557 viewsNed_Kennedys

City v Arsenal on 18:45 - Sep 22 by paulparker

He’s appalling.
The way he screams the name of the person shooting like a maniac EVERY TIME there is an effort on goal really grinds my gears.
City v Arsenal on 20:20 - Sep 22 with 2532 viewskensalriser

City v Arsenal on 20:10 - Sep 22 by daveB

Was more Trossard killed it by doing something incredibly stupid, was a clear red card

Obviously I don't care because it's Arsenal but it really pisses me off when QPR players do dumb shit like that. Fouling people to gain an advantage, well OK, you're gambling the cost is less than the benefit, but there's zero benefit in kicking the ball away or cussing the ref when you're on yellow. Just brain dead.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

City v Arsenal on 20:45 - Sep 22 with 2400 viewsNorthernr

City v Arsenal on 20:20 - Sep 22 by kensalriser

Obviously I don't care because it's Arsenal but it really pisses me off when QPR players do dumb shit like that. Fouling people to gain an advantage, well OK, you're gambling the cost is less than the benefit, but there's zero benefit in kicking the ball away or cussing the ref when you're on yellow. Just brain dead.

I talk a bit about a no excuses culture. Brian Clough was brilliant at this, respect the referee, he's not in charge of how you play, you are. Arsenal have spent weeks bitching and moaning about the Declan Rice red card against Brighton as if it wasn't his fault when he did very obviously kick the ball away. Today, one of their players has done it again. Instead of slagging referees and putting official statements, put it back on your players as their responsibility. That was fcking moronic today and perhaps if they hadn't spent the last month telling "Dec" it was all a big refereeing conspiracy against him then it wouldn't have happened again today.

This post has been edited by an administrator
City v Arsenal on 20:57 - Sep 22 with 2334 viewssdm1508

Well Arteta won't criticise his players as Pep wouldn't do that. He tries to be Pep. Way he dresses etc. Little hissy fits like Pep.
City v Arsenal on 21:32 - Sep 22 with 2220 viewsNorthernr

City v Arsenal on 20:57 - Sep 22 by sdm1508

Well Arteta won't criticise his players as Pep wouldn't do that. He tries to be Pep. Way he dresses etc. Little hissy fits like Pep.

I don't expect them to do it in public, it's a brave manager who does that and not one long for his job the way the precious darlings are now. But Arsenal, Forest, Everton and others have taken to putting these official statements out about referees, refereeing appointments, VAR etc.

Look, officiating is in a mess in this country. Look at some of the nonsense that's gone on this weekend. Look at Gavin Ward's latest fcktastrophe at Luton yesterday. But when you get into doing that you're giving your players excuses, and modern football players love an excuse.

Perhaps if they'd come out after Brighton and said "well, look, "Dec" has got to learn he can't kick the ball away, simple as that" then they wouldn't have lost somebody to exactly the same thing today. Trossard knows exactly what he's doing - minute of stoppage time left, give a free kick away, stick the ball in the stand, job done. Instead, all the histrionics on the touchline again.

It's on you. If you're Arsenal and they appoint fcking Daniel Levy to referee your next match you have to deal with that and control what you can control.

This post has been edited by an administrator
City v Arsenal on 23:53 - Sep 22 with 1747 viewsCLAREMAN1995

City v Arsenal on 20:13 - Sep 22 by Ned_Kennedys

He’s appalling.
The way he screams the name of the person shooting like a maniac EVERY TIME there is an effort on goal really grinds my gears.

Sadly he is the lead announcer on NBC sports in the US now that Arlo White has taken the blood money and ran off to LIV golf coverage .
Jon Champion is next in line I believe and he is way better but they are miles below the older guys lik Martin Tyler etc.
There is somebody ( I apologize in advance not knowing his name )who is co-comentator on La Liga and his word inteligence is stunning but he screeches worse that Dawson if that is possible
Just call the game dont frighten the crap out of me and my dog when a shot is unloaded
City v Arsenal on 00:37 - Sep 23 with 1601 viewsSydneyRs

City v Arsenal on 18:46 - Sep 22 by ted_hendrix

Pep Guardiola: ‘Everyone wants City to disappear’ in legal battle.

Including me.

Not me, I want Chelsea gone, They started this.
City v Arsenal on 00:41 - Sep 23 with 1601 viewscharmr

Champion has been bugging me for years with his ROONEY high pitch scream when someone shoots.
He’s been caught out a few times with players with more then 2 syllable names.

Waiting patiently when he fcuks it up with a weird name or double barreled surname.

Sadly he’s on US tv a lot. Don’t get me started though about Tim fing Howard.
City v Arsenal on 03:45 - Sep 23 with 1454 viewsjtuck

City v Arsenal on 20:08 - Sep 22 by Ned_Kennedys

Well if you are down to 10 men for over half a game away at the best team in the country and protecting a lead what other option would you recommend?
Great effort and unlucky not to hold on at the end.

Alternative approach would involve still being overwhelmingly negative with 10 men but occasionally counterattacking into the opponent's half. Nick a goal after HT and you win. Arteta Rorke's Drift approach shows the Ars are still not ready for prime time. Also Citeh poor and got out of jail because tired defenders went to sleep at a short corner. Also,, Drury is a git.

LAranger

City v Arsenal on 10:59 - Sep 23 with 1086 viewsTheChef

Caught the second half (thankfully on mute), enjoyable stuff attack v defence. Arsenal nearly found a way to win, hilarious handbags at the end especially from Haaland. More of this please.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

City v Arsenal on 11:19 - Sep 23 with 1030 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

City v Arsenal on 20:13 - Sep 22 by Ned_Kennedys

He’s appalling.

And how he talked over Gary Neville after the Haaland goal to spew his latest poetic verse out as if he's just watched Michelangelo finish off the Sistene Chapel.

'Muscle and Might, Power and Poise" Oh shut up mate he's just kicked a ball in a goal FFS.
City v Arsenal on 13:33 - Sep 23 with 870 viewsPaddyhoops

Watched this in a bar in Barcalona.
Mostly people nursing one drink for the whole game .
Place emptied at full time .
Proper fans.
City v Arsenal on 00:38 - Sep 24 with 515 viewsCLAREMAN1995

City v Arsenal on 00:41 - Sep 23 by charmr

Champion has been bugging me for years with his ROONEY high pitch scream when someone shoots.
He’s been caught out a few times with players with more then 2 syllable names.

Waiting patiently when he fcuks it up with a weird name or double barreled surname.

Sadly he’s on US tv a lot. Don’t get me started though about Tim fing Howard.

You are mixing up Champion and Dawson there charmer I think.
Dawson screams out the players name as soon as he even thinks of striking the ball and its really frustrating.He is the lead voice on NBC or USA or Peacock with La Saux and Dixon .
Champion is on a lot also but he is much calmer and pretty witty to be fair I like him.
Tim Howard has the most amazing brilliant white teeth I have ever seen they are beyong stunning and completly shames me and the 2 Robbies and Rebecca Lowe they are a joy to behold
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024