Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum 30/09/24 20:43 - Sep 21 with 21931 viewsRangersw12

No Marti !?
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:37 - Sep 25 with 2323 viewsBklynRanger

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:33 - Sep 25 by TheChef

I don't want sausages to fortune either.

Let's keep Keir Starmer out of this, I'm confused enough.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 15:50 - Sep 25 with 2122 viewsconnell10

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:29 - Sep 25 by Northernr

On the reasons the first couple of reasons they shouldn't, people are now assuming/jumping to those conclusions anyway, so it doesn't solve your problem. I did say this to them in the summer - people will notice that interview didn't happen, and want to know why.

Well you did kinda piss off Warbs once , maybe he phoned Marti and with all due respect told him to steer clear .....JS

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 15:53 - Sep 25 with 2105 viewsStainrod

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:23 - Sep 25 by daveB

why is it embarrassing to ask about why the price of drinks has gone up, why the service is so bad and why the facilities are crap, at what other event can fans ask these questions?

All the big questions about the stadium, style of play etc will be asked I'm sure but the smaller things which are a big part of a fans experience going to games shouldn't be dismissed either

Agree the facilities are crap and there are questions to ask about that - eg "have you ever conducted a survey to ask what fans would be prepared to spend in the ground?" or "could it make commercial sense to open a quick turn over restaurant in the ground, such as by building out in the dead space about the Loftus Rd entrance?", or perhaps most sensibly "Could we have a fans meeting with a director of operations/ COO to discuss facilities in the ground and money making opportunities there the club are missing out on?"

But I have seen one or two forums where a fan has just gone on and on and on about one in itself very trivial point to the CEO.

The art of asking a good question is to a) elicit information or b) bring about change.

When one fan is complaining about the price of beer after another fan has been complaining that the club don't seem to have enough money to "buy a f*cking striker", the CEO is just inwardly rolling his eyes and not taking the question or the questioner seriously.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 16:00 - Sep 25 with 2090 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 15:50 - Sep 25 by connell10

Well you did kinda piss off Warbs once , maybe he phoned Marti and with all due respect told him to steer clear .....JS

He'd warmed to me by the end
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 16:07 - Sep 25 with 2055 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 11:21 - Sep 25 by lassel

Nourry was a recruitment consultant when he talked his way into QPRz

Heā€™s going to be absolutely fineā€¦

Also suspect we'll be treated to a cast of characters.

They did this a bit last year, Ben Williams etc (might we find out if he's still with us?), and I wonder if they'll do that again this year to push this "never mind the manager this is a joint effort" vibe. De Souza, Betsy...

Surprise witnesses! Each more surprising than the last.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 16:20 - Sep 25 with 1987 viewsdaveB

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 15:53 - Sep 25 by Stainrod

Agree the facilities are crap and there are questions to ask about that - eg "have you ever conducted a survey to ask what fans would be prepared to spend in the ground?" or "could it make commercial sense to open a quick turn over restaurant in the ground, such as by building out in the dead space about the Loftus Rd entrance?", or perhaps most sensibly "Could we have a fans meeting with a director of operations/ COO to discuss facilities in the ground and money making opportunities there the club are missing out on?"

But I have seen one or two forums where a fan has just gone on and on and on about one in itself very trivial point to the CEO.

The art of asking a good question is to a) elicit information or b) bring about change.

When one fan is complaining about the price of beer after another fan has been complaining that the club don't seem to have enough money to "buy a f*cking striker", the CEO is just inwardly rolling his eyes and not taking the question or the questioner seriously.

I do agree some of the questions ramble on a bit but it's not easy to stand up in these things and ask a question so I think the people who ask them can get a bit of leeway
If it makes the CEO roll his eyes then fine as long as he has a decent answer to them
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 16:20 - Sep 25 with 1987 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Going to ask a daft question here. Why dies it matter if Marti is not at the forum?
Noury has said we have a 'QPR' style he wants implemented, the signings are done by the data/recruitment team.

I'm just trying to understand what MC could actually say. He's employed by QPR (Noury) to ensure the team plays the QPR style with the players he's given. That's about his remit.

He doesn't sign players, can't change style, not involved with the Academy. He's a coach, that's it.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 16:32 - Sep 25 with 1932 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 16:20 - Sep 25 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Going to ask a daft question here. Why dies it matter if Marti is not at the forum?
Noury has said we have a 'QPR' style he wants implemented, the signings are done by the data/recruitment team.

I'm just trying to understand what MC could actually say. He's employed by QPR (Noury) to ensure the team plays the QPR style with the players he's given. That's about his remit.

He doesn't sign players, can't change style, not involved with the Academy. He's a coach, that's it.

Well, that's the pitch. In a nutshell really.
Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 16:48 - Sep 25 with 1806 viewsGaryHaddock

Keeping in mind some of the figures leading this club and some of the scandals that occurred over the last 35 years, I am surprised at how nonchalant some fans are about transparency and accountability!
[Post edited 25 Sep 16:49]
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 17:21 - Sep 25 with 1625 viewsdaveB

for me it's interesting to hear what the manager has to say in a different environment from post match press conferences. I go back to the 1st Holloway spell when he did them and I always came away understanding why he did things a lot better whether I agreed with it or not and thats been the case with all these fans forums.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 17:26 - Sep 25 with 1597 viewslassel

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 16:07 - Sep 25 by Northernr

They did this a bit last year, Ben Williams etc (might we find out if he's still with us?), and I wonder if they'll do that again this year to push this "never mind the manager this is a joint effort" vibe. De Souza, Betsy...

I mean I wouldnā€™t complain about him wheeling out Betsy to show off his spinning plates technique, Sparkes to do some yo-yo tricks and then Sam Field to play us out with a Harpsichord solo..

Anything to avoid anyone asking how a 25 year old recruitment consultant got the CEO job at a football clubā€¦
[Post edited 25 Sep 17:27]
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 17:31 - Sep 25 with 1581 viewslassel

I mean youā€™re right of course that Cifuentes isnā€™t going to add anything to the event in terms of cogent input, but at the same time QPR is a club who are historically shit at PR and the fans forum is a pretty simple layup for the club to wheel out the manager, have him take some soft ball questions, tell a story or two to the fans and a couple of throwaway ā€˜I shouldnā€™t tell you this butā€¦ā€™ anecdotes.

It also stops people asking the awkward and pertinent question of why the clubs CEO doesnā€™t want the wildly popular manager to be front and centre soaking up a bit of adoration for an hour or so.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 17:38 - Sep 25 with 1539 viewsDorse

'...Mr Nourry, isn't it true that you are the CEO, DOF and now Janitor at this creepy old stadium and that you have been trying to scare away the public with crap beer, third world plumbing and awful PA equipment so that you can sell Loftus Road to developers building a Mrs Brown's Boys museum?'
(Clive removes CN's mask to reveal...)
'Gasp! Old Man Ferdinand!'
'Yes, and I'd have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids!'

And I'm not even drunk. Yet.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 17:48 - Sep 25 with 1486 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 16:07 - Sep 25 by Northernr

A subsequent devilish thought occurs to me...

Maybe Cifuentes is gonna appear. It'll be Nourry all the way through, but first 20 mins will be all the questions they got about the team for which Cifuentes will be with him, then next 20 will be on academy and development squad for which Furs/Betsy people like that, they'll have 20 mins on the recruitment maybe with Belk up there with him, DeSouza's bound to appear, head of operations for a bit to talk about beer and toilets.

They didn't put Cifuentes on the release as part of the "it's a joint effort" pitch, didn't want him to be over and above any of the others. Everybody has automatically jumped to the conclusion that means he's not coming. And they're now all sitting there chuckling at the six page thread and Twitter posts it's caused. Monday night, two minutes in, Cifuentes introduced, big cheers and applause, all is right in the world again.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 17:52 - Sep 25 with 1450 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 17:48 - Sep 25 by Northernr

Maybe Cifuentes is gonna appear. It'll be Nourry all the way through, but first 20 mins will be all the questions they got about the team for which Cifuentes will be with him, then next 20 will be on academy and development squad for which Furs/Betsy people like that, they'll have 20 mins on the recruitment maybe with Belk up there with him, DeSouza's bound to appear, head of operations for a bit to talk about beer and toilets.

They didn't put Cifuentes on the release as part of the "it's a joint effort" pitch, didn't want him to be over and above any of the others. Everybody has automatically jumped to the conclusion that means he's not coming. And they're now all sitting there chuckling at the six page thread and Twitter posts it's caused. Monday night, two minutes in, Cifuentes introduced, big cheers and applause, all is right in the world again.

That's possible, but if Cifuentes does show up many supporters will think it's because Nourry had to back down.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 17:54 - Sep 25 with 1440 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 17:52 - Sep 25 by BrianMcCarthy

That's possible, but if Cifuentes does show up many supporters will think it's because Nourry had to back down.

Yeh, it would again not be an overly clever PR move haha.
I just honestly can't believe they're going to do without him being there. Must be missing something.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 18:01 - Sep 25 with 1418 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 17:54 - Sep 25 by Northernr

I just honestly can't believe they're going to do without him being there. Must be missing something.

It's mystifying.
Maybe it's just poor communication, as you say, and Cifuentes will be there and always was going to be there.
It's just that it's hard to know with Nourry, due to his track record for secrecy.

There should be someone at the club who can pull him aside and tells him that his behaviour is either disrespectful, or at the very least could be taken to be disrespectful while producing very little benefit in return.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 18:24 - Sep 25 with 1321 viewsHunterhoop

It is also possible that a 27yr old CEO who ran a recruitment consultancy business in football non-playing staff, with only a handful of employees, isnā€™t quite the fully fledged leader and CEO he could be (yet), and is learning on the job?
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 18:28 - Sep 25 with 1306 viewsQPROslo

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 17:54 - Sep 25 by Northernr

On that form on the Offficial you need to fill in if you want to go there, it asks what is your question for the "panel", which suggests it is not going to be only CN.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 18:29 - Sep 25 with 1300 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 18:28 - Sep 25 by QPROslo

On that form on the Offficial you need to fill in if you want to go there, it asks what is your question for the "panel", which suggests it is not going to be only CN.

Yeh like I say I suspect we'll be getting a 'cast of characters' approach.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 19:24 - Sep 25 with 1077 viewslassel

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 18:29 - Sep 25 by Northernr

Yeh like I say I suspect we'll be getting a 'cast of characters' approach.

Or Nourry disappearing and reappearing in ever more unbelievable disguises.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 21:56 - Sep 25 with 837 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 19:24 - Sep 25 by lassel

Or Nourry disappearing and reappearing in ever more unbelievable disguises.

I'm totally here for that TBF.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 22:10 - Sep 25 with 781 viewsslmrstid

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 18:24 - Sep 25 by Hunterhoop

It is also possible that a 27yr old CEO who ran a recruitment consultancy business in football non-playing staff, with only a handful of employees, isnā€™t quite the fully fledged leader and CEO he could be (yet), and is learning on the job?

People threw "learning on the job" at Les Ferdinand for about 10 years (at what point, do you think, had he finally learned his job?) so maybe they'll do this for Nourry now as well.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 22:12 - Sep 25 with 772 views1JD

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 17:48 - Sep 25 by Northernr

If Nourry doesnā€™t realise his own faux pas, and doesnā€™t course correct with Martiā€™s belated attendance, Iā€™d be surprised.

Then again, reneging on his power play is probably too tough a pill for him to swallow. So he is caught between a rock and a hard place.
[Post edited 25 Sep 22:13]
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 22:36 - Sep 25 with 712 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 16:48 - Sep 25 by GaryHaddock

Keeping in mind some of the figures leading this club and some of the scandals that occurred over the last 35 years, I am surprised at how nonchalant some fans are about transparency and accountability!
[Post edited 25 Sep 16:49]

I agree.

But also, and sorry if this offends people, sometimes I just want to go and watch some effing football at an effing football ground and not waste time and energy worrying about the billion things that go into running a club.

Some people do care about that, deeply. For some people it's the number one thing in their life. And that's fine - the club needs those people. But don't have too much of a go at people that maybe can't be bothered with all that crap and just like going to the football.

Equally, if you think you'll get transparency and accountability from a fans forum you've not been paying much attention over the years.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024