Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Thomas signs for Bromley 16:37 - Aug 30 with 1813 viewsKeithHaynes

Defining season. I think he has the quality.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 16:40 - Aug 30 with 1788 viewsWhiterockin

Good move for everyone. I think there is at least another one u21 going out on loan.
Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 16:47 - Aug 30 with 1749 viewsRichardO

With Congreve who is getting minutes under his belt.
Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 17:29 - Aug 30 with 1687 viewsAnotherJohn

Agree this would normally be a good move. However, for me it underlines our need to bring in another striker. In the unlikely but possible scenario where both Cullen and Vipotnik are unavailable, Thomas is probably the strongest candidate to promote from the u21s to fill the central striker role. I don't know what we would do without a new signing - perhaps play Peart-Harris or Ronald. The former has only a modest scoring record; the latter is not clinical when he gets chances from what I've seen.
[Post edited 30 Aug 17:39]
Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 17:37 - Aug 30 with 1651 viewsRichardO

Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 17:29 - Aug 30 by AnotherJohn

Agree this would normally be a good move. However, for me it underlines our need to bring in another striker. In the unlikely but possible scenario where both Cullen and Vipotnik are unavailable, Thomas is probably the strongest candidate to promote from the u21s to fill the central striker role. I don't know what we would do without a new signing - perhaps play Peart-Harris or Ronald. The former has only a modest scoring record; the latter is not clinical when he gets chances from what I've seen.
[Post edited 30 Aug 17:39]

Have seen Josh scoring goals in the friendlies and then not used along with others shipped out. Hope thiese moves are the making of them and Swansea reap any benefit in the long term
Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 10:02 - Sep 2 with 1378 viewsGVJack

Seen a few negative comments regarding the decision to loan JT out (on other threads) leaving us with bare bones up front.

I disagree, if LW doesn't feel he's ready to step up to the first team and add value on a match day and he's better off getting some minutes elsewhere to aid his development then it's a win-win.

Some comments that because we've lost Cullen to injury (slight niggle by all accounts which should only keep him out for the WBA game he's missed) and people are up in arms.

Some of the very best clubs in Europe,.particularly England, all appear to have threadbare 1-2 strikers (out and out) strikers in their Squad, Man City (Haaland) Man Utd (Zirkzee and Hojland), Arsenal (Jesus and Havertz), Chelsea (Jackson) Liverpool (Nunez) etc.

Most of those clubs also have European football to content with this season so will play similar numbers of games.overall throughout the season as us in the championship.

I disagreed with LW Williams to leave Cooper play upfront on Saturday, but in the event that we lose both Cullen and Viptonik before January, we have Ronald, Peart-Harris and Bianchinni who can all play a role there if required so it's hardly panic stations.

The biggest issue is the will to get the ball into the box at a faster rate to create more chances for whichever striker (and supporting attackers) to convert,.because that's what's clearly lacking at present.
Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 12:52 - Sep 2 with 1248 viewsKeithHaynes

Making do again ?

Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 13:39 - Sep 2 with 1192 viewsGVJack

Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 12:52 - Sep 2 by KeithHaynes

Making do again ?

In what context Keith?
Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 13:53 - Sep 2 with 1169 viewsonehunglow

Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 12:52 - Sep 2 by KeithHaynes

Making do again ?

No need fir question mark
I’d recall him

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 16:15 - Sep 2 with 1098 viewsKeithHaynes

Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 13:39 - Sep 2 by GVJack

In what context Keith?

Cooper in a role he has never played before with two main strikers not on the pitch, not a time for experimentation at WBA. Abdulai in a role he hasn’t played before, relying on players who have had some experience up front. With Eom, Vipotnik, possibly Liam Cullen, definitely Cabango, Cooper and U21 players away there’s not the time to address Luke’s issues before next Saturdays home game.

For me that doesn’t read well.

Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 16:30 - Sep 2 with 1082 viewsGVJack

Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 16:15 - Sep 2 by KeithHaynes

Cooper in a role he has never played before with two main strikers not on the pitch, not a time for experimentation at WBA. Abdulai in a role he hasn’t played before, relying on players who have had some experience up front. With Eom, Vipotnik, possibly Liam Cullen, definitely Cabango, Cooper and U21 players away there’s not the time to address Luke’s issues before next Saturdays home game.

For me that doesn’t read well.

Agree Abdulai and Cooper being played out of position. Doesn't make sense to me.

But nor does paying to have a 3rd choice striker to sit on the bench all season and not be used, if LW persists in only playing 1 striker, and doesn't think JT is ready to push for a starting spot yet ahead of Vipotnik/Cullen (I assume Bromley will be picking up a fair share of the players wages whilst out on loan)

We have other players who could lead the line (in an event of an emergency) over the next 3 months of its needed (why not on Saturday I don't know). But so far, we've not played with a recognized striker for 30 minutes of the season, let's see how often it happens again over the next few months. Liverpool played 76 minutes without a recognized out and out striker yesterday and still managed to win comfortably.
Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 17:00 - Sep 2 with 1050 viewsKeithHaynes

Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 16:30 - Sep 2 by GVJack

Agree Abdulai and Cooper being played out of position. Doesn't make sense to me.

But nor does paying to have a 3rd choice striker to sit on the bench all season and not be used, if LW persists in only playing 1 striker, and doesn't think JT is ready to push for a starting spot yet ahead of Vipotnik/Cullen (I assume Bromley will be picking up a fair share of the players wages whilst out on loan)

We have other players who could lead the line (in an event of an emergency) over the next 3 months of its needed (why not on Saturday I don't know). But so far, we've not played with a recognized striker for 30 minutes of the season, let's see how often it happens again over the next few months. Liverpool played 76 minutes without a recognized out and out striker yesterday and still managed to win comfortably.

I would say they are one of the best sides in Europe. Not having that comparison mate 😂

Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 17:47 - Sep 2 with 992 viewsGVJack

Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 17:00 - Sep 2 by KeithHaynes

I would say they are one of the best sides in Europe. Not having that comparison mate 😂

They absolutely are, competing with 10-15 other quality teams in Europe. My point is, there's negativity in loaning out a young striker who clearly wasn't going to get much game time here with us but has an opportunity to develop elsewhere. We still have two strikers on our books, and we only tend to play one. You don't hear the man city, Liverpool, fans moaning they only.habe 1 striker, and crying "what if he gets injured". They expect goals to come in from all angles, yes we're talking a completely different level but I go back to my original point, unless we start playing with more intensity, imposing ourselves on opposition and make more goal scoring opportunities, we could have 10 strikers in our squad and it won't make any difference at all.
Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 18:19 - Sep 2 with 939 viewsswan65split

In the past we rejuvenated Curts career moving him from the wing to striker, i"d try doing the same with Bianchini
Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 18:21 - Sep 2 with 937 viewssw02sea

What are the Yanks thinking by letting him go on loan when we only have 2 recognitions strikers on the books?
I’m not saying he’s proved anything yet in the first team, but you need a least 3 strikers in case of injuries, suspensions, 46 games + cups.
Cullen gets injured, so we just have Sputnik, who, (and I thought I would never ever use these words) looks a downgrade on Yates !
So our genius manager takes him off, and puts Cooper up front !!
I think the Wycombe game was the worst Swans performance (and against a league 1 team) that I have witnessed in 50 yrs of going to watch them.
Then the WBA game.
It would be an affront to schoolboys, to say we defended like them.
Darling, Tymon, Keys, Cabango, what were you thinking ? and most of all LW for not seemingly, being able to coach the basics in defending, plus introducing walking football to The Championship.
Then you have a midfield of Captain slow Grimes, me to you Fulton, square peg Abdulai, lightweight Jisung Eom, and you wonder why the ball never gets to whoever is up front.

These, (and more) are at the disposal of LW ~~>

Swansea City: Lawrence Vigouroux; Josh Key, Ben Cabango, Harry Darling, Josh Tymon; Matt Grimes (captain), Gonçalo Franco, Ollie Cooper; Jisung Eom, Žan Vipotnik, Ronald.

Substitutes: Jon McLaughlin, Kristian Pedersen, Jay Fulton, Joe Allen, Florian Bianchini, Myles Peart-Harris, Kyle Naughton, Nelson Abbey, Azeem Abdulai.

Surely LW can rearrange these bodies to play better than that 1st half against WBA ?
Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 18:27 - Sep 2 with 928 viewsswan_si

Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 18:19 - Sep 2 by swan65split

In the past we rejuvenated Curts career moving him from the wing to striker, i"d try doing the same with Bianchini

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/florian-bianchini-club-lot-ambition

It seems Bianchini can play out wide or as a striker.
Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 19:40 - Sep 2 with 839 viewsonehunglow

Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 18:27 - Sep 2 by swan_si

“ can”
We needed a full on ,balls out striker

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 19:46 - Sep 2 with 821 viewsWhiterockin

Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 18:27 - Sep 2 by swan_si

10 goals in his entire first team career tells me he hasn't played much as a forward or he is not very good playing there.

https://www.playmakerstats.com/player/florian-bianchini/768504
Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 23:38 - Sep 2 with 651 viewsReslovenSwan1

Josh Thomas signs for Bromley on 19:46 - Sep 2 by Whiterockin

10 goals in his entire first team career tells me he hasn't played much as a forward or he is not very good playing there.

https://www.playmakerstats.com/player/florian-bianchini/768504

Liam Cullen only 18 in five seasons and 2 years older at 25. What does that tell you?

Mark Harris Swansea born has 3 already as a converted winger to striker. Free transfer last season.
[Post edited 2 Sep 23:40]

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024