Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do Swansea want Rushworth? 13:13 - Aug 16 with 1858 viewsReslovenSwan1

In my opinion Swansea have more important priorities than having to pay big money developing Premier league footballers for Brighton and the England National team.

Swansea did not get any benefit from Guehi and Gallagher because they failed and revenue from Wembley was small as it was during COVID.

The money should be invested in a development talent who Swansea can buy and develop. It would be a kick in the teeth for Vigareaux.
[Post edited 16 Aug 13:14]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 14:11 - Aug 16 with 1756 viewsGVJack

I'm pretty much in the same camp as you.

I thought we brought Vigaroux in as a number one? Fisher when he returns from injury is Backup, until then we have Broom to cover. So until we move Fisher on I don't know why we would form out wages for another keeper to come in and pay him (or Vigaroux) to sit on the bench.

Another central midfielder or quality creative number 10 should be the highest priority.
Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 14:16 - Aug 16 with 1741 viewsKeithHaynes

Not sure Guehi failed …

We won’t pay the rumoured million loan fee for sure.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 14:42 - Aug 16 with 1697 viewsReslovenSwan1

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 14:16 - Aug 16 by KeithHaynes

Not sure Guehi failed …

We won’t pay the rumoured million loan fee for sure.

Failed in the sense that Swansea only saw minor benefits from him. Gallagher Brewster and Guehi were brought in the beat Brentford and Fulham. They failed to do this.

There were extra gate receipts and some TV cash but no long standing legacy. The professionalism will have rubbed off etc.

If Swansea are mid table again Rushworth gives no benefit. Swansea have to build slowly to a top six place by building iteratively.

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 14:57 - Aug 16 with 1662 viewsherbie

Agreed. Not a priority at present. Much more pressing concerns
Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 15:30 - Aug 16 with 1594 viewsQJumpingJack

the team failed at Wembley in May 2021. It is very unfair to single out Guehi and Gallager - they were excellent for us while they were with us. Credit to Cooper for tapping into his England U17s contacts. I felt the club was stable under Cooper and Trevor Birch.
Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 15:55 - Aug 16 with 1532 viewsKeithHaynes

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 15:30 - Aug 16 by QJumpingJack

the team failed at Wembley in May 2021. It is very unfair to single out Guehi and Gallager - they were excellent for us while they were with us. Credit to Cooper for tapping into his England U17s contacts. I felt the club was stable under Cooper and Trevor Birch.

Well, if the club keeps sacking managers who then immediately move on and take teams into the premier league there’s only point of blame.

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 16:08 - Aug 16 with 1496 viewsWhiterockin

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 15:55 - Aug 16 by KeithHaynes

Well, if the club keeps sacking managers who then immediately move on and take teams into the premier league there’s only point of blame.

It's abundantly clear where our problems have been for the ĺast 8 years, to think otherwise is nieve in the extreme. They are totally clueless and this seasons ticket sales are a clear indication of the route we are travelling. Yet some defend them, clueless.
Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 16:17 - Aug 16 with 1466 viewsGVJack

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 15:55 - Aug 16 by KeithHaynes

You're much more in the know that I, but I thought it was only Duff who has been officially sacked?

Potter, Cooper and Martin all left on their own accord?
Login to get fewer ads

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 16:20 - Aug 16 with 1457 viewsWhiterockin

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 16:17 - Aug 16 by GVJack

You're much more in the know that I, but I thought it was only Duff who has been officially sacked?

Cooper was put on gardening leave and Martin was told not to travel to the USA, facts.
Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 16:24 - Aug 16 with 1420 viewsKeithHaynes

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 16:17 - Aug 16 by GVJack

Enforced leaving then,

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 16:46 - Aug 16 with 1337 viewsGVJack

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 16:20 - Aug 16 by Whiterockin

Cooper was put on gardening leave and Martin was told not to travel to the USA, facts.

I'm not disputing your facts. But they weren't sacked were they? In some of those cases they made both their and the clubs position untenable as they clearly wanted away. At best call it a mutual agreement... But the swans don't keep sacking managers purely on performance related issues.
Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 16:51 - Aug 16 with 1324 viewsWhiterockin

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 16:46 - Aug 16 by GVJack

I'm not disputing your facts. But they weren't sacked were they? In some of those cases they made both their and the clubs position untenable as they clearly wanted away. At best call it a mutual agreement... But the swans don't keep sacking managers purely on performance related issues.

As Keith said, enforced leaving.
[Post edited 16 Aug 16:52]
Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 16:54 - Aug 16 with 1294 viewspete

Why do you think those managers left? promises must have been made and then changed, ORiley for one, deal done payment shedule with the other club agreed player wanted to come, plug pulled he went to celtic and half of europe now after him
Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 17:46 - Aug 16 with 1230 viewsGVJack

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 16:54 - Aug 16 by pete

Why do you think those managers left? promises must have been made and then changed, ORiley for one, deal done payment shedule with the other club agreed player wanted to come, plug pulled he went to celtic and half of europe now after him

Yep, managers may have become disillusioned, I'm not doubting that. Vicious circle, club make promises, either with the intention to hoodwink managers to get them here on false promises, or due to a lack of trust in their coaching which questions their long term position in the club. For a manager, they probably don't feel they can get the required calibre of players with the right playing style and attitude.

At some point, the club has to realise there is no quick fix, and they need to invest time in a manager and trust said manager to make the signings he needs to be successful (within reason which would have been mutually agreed at interview or when accepting the terms of the position).

It's up to the board to remove as many barriers as humanly possible to support their chosen man and give the manager no excuses for failure and the manager needs to do the same for his players.
Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 17:47 - Aug 16 with 1227 viewsKeithHaynes

If you look back to the day after the play off final we had a report on Cooper’s situation. From the horses mouth near enough. It was clear from that point onwards they were constructing a form of him leaving.

As for Martin it was clear from our information that there was an issue with him and Levien. That was going to only end in him leaving as well.

I wish them both well as they are both premier league managers.

Managers who left this club and immediately took teams into the premier league.

We will never learn.

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 17:56 - Aug 16 with 1209 viewsQJumpingJack

I can't understand why the likes of Martin, Duff and Williams take the job in the first place. Surely they and their agents must speak to Potter and Cooper when deciding on taking the job?
Williams in particular would have known what he was walking into having been at the club before and I am sure maybe in regular contact with Russ?
Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 18:02 - Aug 16 with 1194 viewsQJumpingJack

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 17:47 - Aug 16 by KeithHaynes

If you look back to the day after the play off final we had a report on Cooper’s situation. From the horses mouth near enough. It was clear from that point onwards they were constructing a form of him leaving.

As for Martin it was clear from our information that there was an issue with him and Levien. That was going to only end in him leaving as well.

We will never learn.

didn't Kaplein meet Martin pre-Millwall in London in March 2023.
We lost that night with quite a poor performance then went on that amazing run - albeit a little too late after the dreadful October-March run.
Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 18:49 - Aug 16 with 1135 viewsSullutaCreturned

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 17:47 - Aug 16 by KeithHaynes

We will never learn.

Cooper had the best chance with us, he needed a decent striker, when they shafted him there he gave up.

Martin was never going to succeed under their rules, they made promises and didn't deliver and Martin couldn't deliver hs "style" with the players we had. We should still have done better though, with what we had avaiable.

Now we are in managed decline and the ony people to blame were not born in Wales.
Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 19:57 - Aug 16 with 1072 viewsReslovenSwan1

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 18:49 - Aug 16 by SullutaCreturned

Cooper had the best chance with us, he needed a decent striker, when they shafted him there he gave up.

Martin was never going to succeed under their rules, they made promises and didn't deliver and Martin couldn't deliver hs "style" with the players we had. We should still have done better though, with what we had avaiable.

Now we are in managed decline and the ony people to blame were not born in Wales.

Cooper wanted to get to the top very quickly. He had a great chance with two years outstanding parachute money. He had Ayew back on silly money and some unbelievable talent he knew from the England u17.

He failed quite miserably and did what all managers do blamed the owners. He had Cullen and lowe and prefered them to one Viktor Gyorkeres who he refused to develop. What a horrible error. He wanted Viktor out and the inferior injury prone Keinan Davis in.

The parachutes were gone and Cooper did not fancy working on budget like say Mark Robins who took Coopers cast off and did his job and developed him with a £20m dividend with more to come.

Martin spent good money and wages on Andrew Fisher when money was tight. He should have stuck with Benda or Hamer. The spent Fisher money could have gone in O'Reilly's pocket. Another massive mistake.

Potter demanded to be in charge of recruitment and bought FOUR duff players McKay being on of the worst players I have seen. He sulked when Levien refused to sanction Ryan Woods (who?) for a whopping £7m.

Only Duff was sacked. Neither Potter Cooper or Martin had the bottle for the Championship dogfight. Potter and Cooper have disgraced themselves by abdicating responsibility for wretched transfer amounting to $1 billion saying "nothing to do with me guvnor" I am just h manager. Cooper gave Jojo Shelvey a 3 year deal on £70k a week.

Had Cooper been given his way Swansea would already be in administration. Keinan Davis is in plaster again and Viktor is valued at over £80m. Managers have to get these calls right.

Swansea now have to do what they did in 2009 and improve little every year. A strong squad of technical player with some good academy player and one or two inspired signings in forward areas.

Gordon does not want to come. He probably wants to team up with some of his old mats somewhere else near his girlfriends home. It is frustrating for fans.

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 20:41 - Aug 16 with 1028 viewsQJumpingJack

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 19:57 - Aug 16 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper wanted to get to the top very quickly. He had a great chance with two years outstanding parachute money. He had Ayew back on silly money and some unbelievable talent he knew from the England u17.

He failed quite miserably and did what all managers do blamed the owners. He had Cullen and lowe and prefered them to one Viktor Gyorkeres who he refused to develop. What a horrible error. He wanted Viktor out and the inferior injury prone Keinan Davis in.

The parachutes were gone and Cooper did not fancy working on budget like say Mark Robins who took Coopers cast off and did his job and developed him with a £20m dividend with more to come.

Martin spent good money and wages on Andrew Fisher when money was tight. He should have stuck with Benda or Hamer. The spent Fisher money could have gone in O'Reilly's pocket. Another massive mistake.

Potter demanded to be in charge of recruitment and bought FOUR duff players McKay being on of the worst players I have seen. He sulked when Levien refused to sanction Ryan Woods (who?) for a whopping £7m.

Only Duff was sacked. Neither Potter Cooper or Martin had the bottle for the Championship dogfight. Potter and Cooper have disgraced themselves by abdicating responsibility for wretched transfer amounting to $1 billion saying "nothing to do with me guvnor" I am just h manager. Cooper gave Jojo Shelvey a 3 year deal on £70k a week.

Had Cooper been given his way Swansea would already be in administration. Keinan Davis is in plaster again and Viktor is valued at over £80m. Managers have to get these calls right.

Swansea now have to do what they did in 2009 and improve little every year. A strong squad of technical player with some good academy player and one or two inspired signings in forward areas.

Gordon does not want to come. He probably wants to team up with some of his old mats somewhere else near his girlfriends home. It is frustrating for fans.

Martin would have identified Fisher.
The executive team agreed the wages with the player and his agent.
Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 21:24 - Aug 16 with 967 viewsswancity

One of two decent points but as usual lots of invented stuff too

By the way Shelvey I thought had gone a couple of years before Cooper arrived so it’s a bit unfair to try to blame Cooper for his salary

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 21:29 - Aug 16 with 958 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cooper didn't fail miserably, he took us to the play off final. It was when the owners didn't back him he gave up.

Gyokeres wasn't a cast off, he was never our player which you know full well but persist with your fiction.

O'Riley was a massive mistake.

ONE BILLION...you really need to learn some math.

Had Cooper been given the striker he wanted we may have been in the Premier league again, who knows, it's all speculation.

Gordon? Dont know, don't care.
Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 21:43 - Aug 16 with 931 viewsQJumpingJack

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 21:29 - Aug 16 by SullutaCreturned

Cooper didn't fail miserably, he took us to the play off final. It was when the owners didn't back him he gave up.

Gyokeres wasn't a cast off, he was never our player which you know full well but persist with your fiction.

Had Cooper been given the striker he wanted we may have been in the Premier league again, who knows, it's all speculation.

Gyokeres was not very good for us - I saw him play a few times and he did nothing to warrant a bid.

How about those DC United players who came on loan while Cooper was here. What happened to them?
Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 10:36 - Aug 17 with 703 viewsReslovenSwan1

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 21:29 - Aug 16 by SullutaCreturned

Cooper was given what he wanted and budding superstar he did not want. He scrapped in the playoffs first season with Guehi Gallagher and on fire Brewster with Ayew and failed to bury 10 man Brentford.

The Wembley no show was a total washout

Swansea have a blind spot for no 9.s . Cooper did not play a player with huge upside. Viktor.

Martin blew the money O'Reilly on Fisher. They told the board to spend the money.

A $ billion spent by Chelsea and Forest is not in doubt and it was bonkers.

Cooper wanted Viktor out and Keinan Davis in. He got him at Forest and he was very average and injury prone.

The club needs to be unified and that seems to be the case. Moaners can go. Williams "Frustration is not the right word but it has been more difficult than we expected".

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 11:38 - Aug 17 with 644 viewsonehunglow

Why do Swansea want Rushworth? on 10:36 - Aug 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper was given what he wanted and budding superstar he did not want. He scrapped in the playoffs first season with Guehi Gallagher and on fire Brewster with Ayew and failed to bury 10 man Brentford.

The Wembley no show was a total washout

Swansea have a blind spot for no 9.s . Cooper did not play a player with huge upside. Viktor.

Martin blew the money O'Reilly on Fisher. They told the board to spend the money.

A $ billion spent by Chelsea and Forest is not in doubt and it was bonkers.

Cooper wanted Viktor out and Keinan Davis in. He got him at Forest and he was very average and injury prone.

The club needs to be unified and that seems to be the case. Moaners can go. Williams "Frustration is not the right word but it has been more difficult than we expected".

Much if that is true.
We were in a great position in the Brentford encounter,ergo, Cooper faffed it up.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024