Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window 17:10 - Aug 14 with 5177 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62782/

Finger, pulse, Indy. Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 17:40 - Aug 14 with 3243 viewsThurrockJack92

Really hope this one comes off. Could be what we need at no 10, which would allow us to drop Fulton and move Franco in his place. It may be wishful thinking on my part, but if that happens I think we will be a much different prospect to what we have been in the last two matches.
Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:10 - Aug 14 with 3136 viewsunion_jack

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 17:40 - Aug 14 by ThurrockJack92

Really hope this one comes off. Could be what we need at no 10, which would allow us to drop Fulton and move Franco in his place. It may be wishful thinking on my part, but if that happens I think we will be a much different prospect to what we have been in the last two matches.

Only if the coach allows it 😏😁

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:31 - Aug 14 with 3066 viewsKeithHaynes

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:10 - Aug 14 by union_jack

Only if the coach allows it 😏😁

On last nights evidence there is only concern from me.

Against a ten man league two side we struggled to even break our walking pace, continually passing backwards, no courage up until Tymon and Eom came on. That style of football was far poorer than any of the worst games Martin served up.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:34 - Aug 14 with 3046 viewsmax936

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:31 - Aug 14 by KeithHaynes

Against a ten man league two side we struggled to even break our walking pace, continually passing backwards, no courage up until Tymon and Eom came on. That style of football was far poorer than any of the worst games Martin served up.

Its a strange one considering the praise he received at Notts County, just what have the players been doing in this pre-season

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:34 - Aug 14 with 3044 viewsAnotherJohn

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:31 - Aug 14 by KeithHaynes

I was thinking I should give the manager the benefit of the doubt, but his after match statement depressed me. Does he really believe it was a generally satisfactory performance?
Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:44 - Aug 14 with 2979 viewsonehunglow

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:34 - Aug 14 by AnotherJohn

I was thinking I should give the manager the benefit of the doubt, but his after match statement depressed me. Does he really believe it was a generally satisfactory performance?

If he does,then make no mistake ,we are in deep doodoo.
He is as ill suited as Duff,for me.
He has shown nothing to nurture support for any plan.
Duff was sacked before any plan he might have had came to fruition .
This fella has had more time ,yet I suggest it is a chronic problem we have with him.
We won’t be so lucky getting rid of him either .
All we can hope is he gets that peed off ,he feels it best for him to go.

The test….if he kept tonight,how many would miss him.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:50 - Aug 14 with 2924 viewsKeithHaynes

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:34 - Aug 14 by max936

Its a strange one considering the praise he received at Notts County, just what have the players been doing in this pre-season

His style of football was far more fluid and rapid at County.

He’s definitely changed his way of thinking. Overdoing what he perceives to be the ‘Swansea way’ in a slow stroll of possession that will ensure a cure for insomnia.

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:52 - Aug 14 with 2904 viewsmax936

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:50 - Aug 14 by KeithHaynes

His style of football was far more fluid and rapid at County.

He’s definitely changed his way of thinking. Overdoing what he perceives to be the ‘Swansea way’ in a slow stroll of possession that will ensure a cure for insomnia.

Is it all his doing though, he's got "advisers" at the club I expect.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:58 - Aug 14 with 2847 viewsKeithHaynes

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:52 - Aug 14 by max936

I can’t believe any manager would accept advice from non coaching staff.

He has a good team around him, they all seem focussed on a certain style of play, if only it could be played out with more pace.

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:58 - Aug 14 with 2829 viewsonehunglow

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:52 - Aug 14 by max936

You thinking our job is too big for him?
It is

It’s a big job to get us right and they won’t pay for quality and experience

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 19:02 - Aug 14 with 2811 viewsraynor94

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:58 - Aug 14 by KeithHaynes

I can’t believe any manager would accept advice from non coaching staff.

He has a good team around him, they all seem focussed on a certain style of play, if only it could be played out with more pace.

Been saying it since the Euros, teams are playing far more high tempo, with wingers getting crosses in.

Even Gillingham supporters saying they feel sorry for our striker

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 19:06 - Aug 14 with 2765 viewsonehunglow

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 19:02 - Aug 14 by raynor94

Been saying it since the Euros, teams are playing far more high tempo, with wingers getting crosses in.

Even Gillingham supporters saying they feel sorry for our striker

He must have felt like a kid left alone in a school ground game .

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 20:49 - Aug 14 with 2510 viewsGVJack

Lads it's two games into a long season. We lost 1-0 away to Boro. No shame in that. We were better than our opposition in every way last night (as you'd expect against a team two divisions below) despite having made 6 changes to the starting line up. It's not all doom and gloom.

We are all in agreement we need more signings (Luke Williams included as he has gone on record and said as much). If you can't win a game, try to not lose it. Luke Williams will first and foremost try to make us difficult to beat by us maintaining possession. Some like it, some don't. But if he thinks that's the best way to get results in the short term until he gets the players in and adapted to his style (hopefully like he showed at Notts County) then so be it.

There's more than 1 way to win a game of football, this at the moment seems to be an attritional, tiring the opposition out and waiting for there to be a lapse in concentration to nab a goal or two, bringing on fresh legs in final 20 minutes to and increase the tempo at that point. I may not be fully entertained like those supporters at the Etihad every week, but I'm still 100% behind my team and manager.

I want 3 or 4 in, but with players due back from injury I think we could be two decent playmakers away from being a completely different entity. It's going to take time (to move existing players on and bring fresh in) .. So let's give it.
Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 20:59 - Aug 14 with 2470 viewsGVJack

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 20:49 - Aug 14 by GVJack

Lads it's two games into a long season. We lost 1-0 away to Boro. No shame in that. We were better than our opposition in every way last night (as you'd expect against a team two divisions below) despite having made 6 changes to the starting line up. It's not all doom and gloom.

We are all in agreement we need more signings (Luke Williams included as he has gone on record and said as much). If you can't win a game, try to not lose it. Luke Williams will first and foremost try to make us difficult to beat by us maintaining possession. Some like it, some don't. But if he thinks that's the best way to get results in the short term until he gets the players in and adapted to his style (hopefully like he showed at Notts County) then so be it.

There's more than 1 way to win a game of football, this at the moment seems to be an attritional, tiring the opposition out and waiting for there to be a lapse in concentration to nab a goal or two, bringing on fresh legs in final 20 minutes to and increase the tempo at that point. I may not be fully entertained like those supporters at the Etihad every week, but I'm still 100% behind my team and manager.

I want 3 or 4 in, but with players due back from injury I think we could be two decent playmakers away from being a completely different entity. It's going to take time (to move existing players on and bring fresh in) .. So let's give it.

Apologies for my "Lads" comment. I shouldn't assume gender identity and I'm sure there are birds on here as well
Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 21:06 - Aug 14 with 2434 viewsjack247

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:34 - Aug 14 by max936

More concerning for me, is that we were playing better and getting the ball to the wings quicker towards the end of last season than in any of the three games I’ve seen so far (including Rio Ave).
Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 17:11 - Aug 15 with 1919 viewshowenjack

could be the new cog in the wheel??
Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 17:47 - Aug 15 with 1784 viewsKeithHaynes

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 20:49 - Aug 14 by GVJack

Around two weeks then.

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:36 - Aug 15 with 1629 viewsBoundy

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 20:59 - Aug 14 by GVJack

Apologies for my "Lads" comment. I shouldn't assume gender identity and I'm sure there are birds on here as well

don't forget there are others

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:38 - Aug 15 with 1625 viewsGVJack

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 17:47 - Aug 15 by KeithHaynes

Around two weeks then.

If you think 2 transfer windows is enough time to completely overhaul the team/squad to his requirements.
Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 19:31 - Aug 15 with 1546 viewsonehunglow

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:38 - Aug 15 by GVJack

If you think 2 transfer windows is enough time to completely overhaul the team/squad to his requirements.

But it’s not totally about the squad
It’s how they are coached to play

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 19:33 - Aug 15 with 1530 viewsKeithHaynes

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 18:38 - Aug 15 by GVJack

I’m unsure why the squad should be overhauled when it was overhauled last summer.

Well never get it right.

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 19:42 - Aug 15 with 1472 viewsDr_Winston

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 19:33 - Aug 15 by KeithHaynes

I’m unsure why the squad should be overhauled when it was overhauled last summer.

Well never get it right.

The overhauls are the problem.

We succeeded best when we tinkered least. Flynn to Jackett to Martinez to Sousa to Rodgers weren't huge leaps. Small adjustments to a general style, with each incumbent putting their own spin on things.

Flynn liked passing football, but was too lazy to be in work more than a couple of days a week to implement it. KJ's team played much better football than most gave him credit for, and were a bit more robust and physically competitive than Flynn. Martinez benefitted massively from that robustness, but added more flair. Sousa gave the team steel at the expense of some of that flair. Rodgers melded the best of all Worlds and delivered the big prize.

Point is there were no major changes in approach during that period. Some of the best performers of the Martinez era had actually been scouted for KJ, Scotland and Bodde included, which is absurd if you're one of those who bought into the nonsense that they were poles apart.

What we've done lately is chopped and changed too much. Yes, it was obvious that the Martin approach was flawed and a change was necessary, but not that much of one. When the change didn't work we decided to go right back again, which resulted in a collossal waste of money.

We have to decide what type of team that we want to be and stick to it, with evolution rather than revolution as the key. That's where ownership has failed miserably in recent years. Not funding, not "backing", but consistency.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 19:43 - Aug 15 with 1474 viewsGVJack

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 19:31 - Aug 15 by onehunglow

But it’s not totally about the squad
It’s how they are coached to play

100%. The blame will always lay on the managers/head coaches door but that is a collective effort for the whole backroom staff - how many came in with Williams (or have since joined)?

It's also about tactics of course, but since we've had Williams in charge we've recruited Ronald, Eom, Viptonik and Vigaroux and Franco. All primed to come straight into the first team.

I think (hope) when he gets his final pieces of the jigsaw in (at least another central midfielder and a number 10 is key) then I think we'll see the tempo increase and play a lot more direct and attacking football.

Unless we go on an absolute barren run and are languishing at the foot of the table I'm going to reserve judgement and give the gaffer some time. If we're within 6 points of the playoffs by the end of Feb then it's not looking too shabby a season at all.

But I do appreciate that this is an entertainment business and if fans aren't entertained they wont put money in the coffers... Unless we're successful that is!
Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 19:51 - Aug 15 with 1436 viewsonehunglow

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 19:43 - Aug 15 by GVJack

100%. The blame will always lay on the managers/head coaches door but that is a collective effort for the whole backroom staff - how many came in with Williams (or have since joined)?

It's also about tactics of course, but since we've had Williams in charge we've recruited Ronald, Eom, Viptonik and Vigaroux and Franco. All primed to come straight into the first team.

I think (hope) when he gets his final pieces of the jigsaw in (at least another central midfielder and a number 10 is key) then I think we'll see the tempo increase and play a lot more direct and attacking football.

Unless we go on an absolute barren run and are languishing at the foot of the table I'm going to reserve judgement and give the gaffer some time. If we're within 6 points of the playoffs by the end of Feb then it's not looking too shabby a season at all.

But I do appreciate that this is an entertainment business and if fans aren't entertained they wont put money in the coffers... Unless we're successful that is!

It really should be simple
I’ve seen already this season,excuses n being made and attacks on fellow fans when these attacks should be aimed at those who coach and set up teams.
We play a certain way,every team knows that . We don’t change . We won’t . No matter what .

Fans are drifting away and those that are not are quiet and give the impression of going as a matter of duty . This hurts but it’s true .

Fans won’t be coming back in a hurry. Made worse by the inane drivel from Williams post match against a ten man Gillingham team that scored against us whilst one man down .

Alarm bells should be ringing very loud

There was enough quality last season to finish top six

They might even be this season

Fact is the way they are miscoached and mismanaged creates the issues that see us lower table with lower crowds .
When this is pointed out,some get defensive ,which is understandable really.
Why?
It’s because we are hurting and yearn for our Mojo back .

It won’t under Williams . He won’t last this season.

Noel Milleskog puts himself in the Swansea shop window on 20:31 - Aug 15 with 1327 viewsGVJack

You'll all have a much brighter outlook on the future when we spank Preston 3-0 this Saturday
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024