Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread 10:51 - Jun 17 with 16657 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Danes hate to see it (3 points) leave
Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 19:50 - Jun 20 with 1751 viewsjohnhoop

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 19:22 - Jun 20 by hubble

"There is another issue: while we do have some excellent players, and we do, what we don't have is a real midfield general."

We do, Bellingham. Drop him deeper and play him alongside Rice. Job done.

Apparently he wants to play as a 10 and what Jude wants is what Jude gets.
Southgate has to insist on dropping him back alongside Rice to play Foden at 10 and Gordon wide left.
Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 19:54 - Jun 20 with 1713 viewsbosh67

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 19:22 - Jun 20 by hubble

"There is another issue: while we do have some excellent players, and we do, what we don't have is a real midfield general."

We do, Bellingham. Drop him deeper and play him alongside Rice. Job done.

Bellingham definitely has to drop back as an 8 to really be able to run the show. It was disjointed, laboured and lethargic... and those were the positives. Perhaps Southgate needs to ask the players how much they want this, because tonight felt like a distraction from their Premier League day jobs. Someone also has to remind the squad that there are tens of thousands of England fans out there who have paid good money to watch they country play football. They played about 30 minutes over two games so far.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 19:56 - Jun 20 with 1685 viewsMedwayR

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 19:50 - Jun 20 by johnhoop

Apparently he wants to play as a 10 and what Jude wants is what Jude gets.
Southgate has to insist on dropping him back alongside Rice to play Foden at 10 and Gordon wide left.

100% this. Bellingham has to put his ego aside, his performances have never justified the hype. Every time he got the ball tonight he lost it then sat on the floor looking at the ref for a sympathy foul, this isn't Real Madrid with their La Liga referees! He needs to drop back alongside Rice and put in a lot more effort than he has so far this tournament, he's not the star that his agent/management team are making him out to be.

Poll: Who’s better?

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 19:56 - Jun 20 with 1684 viewsMatch82

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 19:19 - Jun 20 by Malintabuk

Even as I write this I can't believe this comparison.... but Kane had one touch in the box ..... and scored.... if that was Dykes we would be slating the guy .....
Surely a player who scored 44 goals this season should have more than one touch in the box.

Did we GET the ball in the box more than once?
Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:02 - Jun 20 with 1614 viewssprocket

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 19:35 - Jun 20 by CLAREMAN1995

I simply cannot believe Palmer has not played 1 second so far and should be on before Bowen or Gallagher and even Eze going off his form for Chelsea.
Every team needs players who are in a good run and Palmer is doing that all year IMO.
Putting on Eze in this situation helps us ( cash incomming ?) but wont be much benefit to him IMO but England held on and have 4 points and still going to top the group

I thought Eze was pretty poor albeit only on for 25 minutes. He was tentative and weak in the challenge. England shambolic really but already almost certain to progress. Probably win it now
Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:06 - Jun 20 with 1582 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:02 - Jun 20 by sprocket

I thought Eze was pretty poor albeit only on for 25 minutes. He was tentative and weak in the challenge. England shambolic really but already almost certain to progress. Probably win it now

Schhhhh, FFS, vote him MoTM and talk him up on other clubs' forums.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:09 - Jun 20 with 1543 viewspaulparker

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:02 - Jun 20 by sprocket

I said before that Eze wasn’t international class and he was really poor when he came on
Got lucky about 3 times when the ref gave free kicks after he lost the ball in dangerous areas

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:17 - Jun 20 with 1473 viewsfrancisbowles

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:09 - Jun 20 by paulparker

I said before that Eze wasn’t international class and he was really poor when he came on
Got lucky about 3 times when the ref gave free kicks after he lost the ball in dangerous areas

How many times did we pass the ball to his feet? We kept going down the right.
Login to get fewer ads

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:19 - Jun 20 with 1441 viewskensalriser

Absolute flaccid nonsense, that. Did anyone merit more than a 4 or 5? Bellingham was just as poor as everyone else. They looked like they're on fentanyl and scared of their own shadows. As soon as we scored we just gave up and let Denmark not only have the ball but as much space as they liked to go with it.

Two goals against two, realistically, quite ordinary sides. The starting 11 isn't working, so we're going to need a plan B here to make the significant improvements needed to get past the next round. Bah.
[Post edited 20 Jun 20:27]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:20 - Jun 20 with 1430 viewspaulparker

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:17 - Jun 20 by francisbowles

How many times did we pass the ball to his feet? We kept going down the right.

Enough times for him to lose it, he was poor take your QPR blinkers off

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:21 - Jun 20 with 1425 viewsLanhoop

Anyone playing on the left is going to find it hard when the right-sided Trippier is their 'partner'.

For me, Pickford the only one who came out of that with any credit.

Southgate is insisting he doesn't tell them to drop deep after scoring which makes me wonder where they get it from. Why are they so rigidly defensive, is it fear?
Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:27 - Jun 20 with 1377 viewsMedwayR

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:21 - Jun 20 by Lanhoop

Anyone playing on the left is going to find it hard when the right-sided Trippier is their 'partner'.

Southgate is insisting he doesn't tell them to drop deep after scoring which makes me wonder where they get it from. Why are they so rigidly defensive, is it fear?

"Southgate is insisting he doesn't tell them to drop deep after scoring which makes me wonder where they get it from."

But...does he tell them to push up?

Every time he was shown on TV he was either telling them to calm down or think, or sat watching the game. He really doesn't do in-game management, compare that to how Guardiola, Simeone, Klopp, Arteta and just about every manager out there coach their teams through games. Southgate doesn't do that.

Edit: I’d also love to know why Hasselbaink is there given his coaching & managerial record, must be inspiring having him & Southgate as a management duo!!
[Post edited 20 Jun 20:32]

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:31 - Jun 20 with 1345 viewspaulparker

Spain playing how we should

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:32 - Jun 20 with 1333 viewsnumptydumpty

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:06 - Jun 20 by PlanetHonneywood

Schhhhh, FFS, vote him MoTM and talk him up on other clubs' forums.

This could be seen as unkind

But Gareth Southgate is the "Gareth Ainsworth" of international football...

I know we not the greatest squad but Ainsworth building his squad up to say we are massively achieving if we finish fourth bottom with dead end tedious displays with no apparent game plan.

Cifuentes allowed our fourth bottom squad to perform like play off challengers

Southgate has a squad of supremely talented players and four players are in the top six of goal involvements in all European leagues.

In fact it's worse because he has a talent for making top professionals look like the Dog and Ducks second eleven playing after an incredibly heavy night before

I appreciate a lot of people would not have picked either of these players, but I felt tonight was crying out for Grealish, Rashford or Sterling to come on as game changers.

Even if afterthought, but experience is key. And know some here not like it ie Chelsea connections etc but Chilwell too is a seasoned professional.

Am all for youth but it has seemed many of his squad selections were bowing to public pressure.

The game did need changes and myself was happy Bowen, Eze and Watkins came on but they all very new to tournament and international football.
It's a uneducated shot in the dark.

Could have had Rashford, Grealish and Sterling but 27 seems to be past it now....

Play players in their club positions where they excel.

Clearly Trent, Tripper, Foden all are lesser players when out of position.

They always said Lampard, Gerrard and Scholes their preferred midfield partner was Carrick.

It's about a team that know and excel at their roles.

Not shoehorning the square pegs in the round holes.

But less than that the lack of quality, passion and team cohesion was alarming

And yet as always with Southgate, we have almost guaranteed qualification once more so others would say job done.

I personally would much rather three stunning performances in qualification and yet all 3 - 4 reverses.

If we can showcase our fantastic players in the best way possible, the fact we achieve one less round further forward, who cares. I don't.

If we somehow got to the final or even won by playing so disjointedly and with such poor quality, I wouldn't be ecstatic at winning.

Football is an entertainment sport, to get fans off their seats and create fantastic experience for the paying fans.

If they paying £500 a game to watch top players and got served up this absolute dross, I personally would be seriously peed off, win , lose or draw.

The fact JFH is part of Southgates entourage of helpers says all we need to know.

Would love to be on the edge of my seat for all subsequent England games here, but can't see that happening !!@!

The word is .... Dullard !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:33 - Jun 20 with 1333 viewsNed_Kennedys

Well Southgate would say that wouldn’t he?
He also said playing TAA in midfield was an experiment as he didn’t have anybody who could play the same way as Kalvin Phillips. Bizarre thing to admit and makes it look like he doesn’t know what he’s doing.
Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:35 - Jun 20 with 1312 viewsMedwayR

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:33 - Jun 20 by Ned_Kennedys

He also said playing TAA in midfield was an experiment as he didn’t have anybody who could play the same way as Kalvin Phillips. Bizarre thing to admit and makes it look like he doesn’t know what he’s doing.

So he’s been building his previous England teams around Kalvin Phillips, explains a lot!!

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:46 - Jun 20 with 1248 viewsMatch82

Thought Guehi was very good. Even that "mistake" he made (and then recovered superbly from) was really him being sold a short pass by Rice, who was terrible today, uncharacteristically
Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:48 - Jun 20 with 1221 viewshubble

This summed Southgate up for me, in the post match interview, bemoaning the fact that there's no natural replacement for Kalvin Phillips. Oh yeah, of course, that's the root of the whole problem Gareth, we're missing Kalvin Phillips. FFS.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:59 - Jun 20 with 1158 viewsdaveB

It is a problem with Phillips falling off a cliff and Henderson as well trying to get the right balance in midfield. Was well worth trying Trent but it hasn't worked, Wharton is probably the answer or Mainoo but to be honest I don't think any of the options are perfect.
Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 21:05 - Jun 20 with 1116 viewsdaveB

such a poor performance, tone was set from first minute sloppy passes kept giving it away. Rice had his worst game for England, Bellingham also really poor. Kane was getting pelters on the BBC, thought he was poor but they were well over the top about him.

Nice to see Eze get on but he was as bad as the rest of them, as much as I love Eze I do think we made a mistake not taking Grealish.

Set up of the team just looks wrong, no balance to that midfield and our best players all want to play in the same spaces. Has World Cup 2006 vibes with some great individuals but not a good team.

England best chance imo, is to put pace out wide running in behind Kane as they did in the last Euros and stick Wharton in alongside Bellingham and Rice.
Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 21:06 - Jun 20 with 1114 viewsLblock

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 20:48 - Jun 20 by hubble

This summed Southgate up for me, in the post match interview, bemoaning the fact that there's no natural replacement for Kalvin Phillips. Oh yeah, of course, that's the root of the whole problem Gareth, we're missing Kalvin Phillips. FFS.

Safegate has basically w@nked off three tournaments now

He was great when he took the position
His record across the games is fantastic

Then you break it down to games against top level teams
You look at opportunities to win BIG games
Assess entertainment

He’s been shite

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 21:06 - Jun 20 with 1112 viewsdavman

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 17:31 - Jun 20 by BrianMcCarthy

England were far superior up until the goal, and yet for some reason go defensive and hand the initiative to Denmark.

Which is EXACTLY Southgate's raison d'etre.

Pss Poor Negative manager.

Many say solid teams win games. Get a solid base and let the flair players play. Maybe our base is not solid enough.

He'll stumble into the Quarters, come across one of the Big Boys and will go out. England just as predictable as QPR really...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 21:13 - Jun 20 with 1067 viewspaulparker

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 21:06 - Jun 20 by Lblock

Safegate has basically w@nked off three tournaments now

He was great when he took the position
His record across the games is fantastic

Then you break it down to games against top level teams
You look at opportunities to win BIG games
Assess entertainment

He’s been shite

Imagine having Grealish , Rashford, Maddison , Sancho, Palmer , Foden at your disposal but have no clue where to play them , instead your playing Watkins, Eze , Bowen , Gallagher , TAA
Southgate is serving up slop

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 21:17 - Jun 20 with 1052 viewsozexile

Don't believe a word of that from Southgate. This is the 3rd tournament in a row it's happening. He's the only constant.
Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 21:23 - Jun 20 with 1025 viewsdaveB

Denmark 🇩🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Match Thread on 21:17 - Jun 20 by ozexile

Don't believe a word of that from Southgate. This is the 3rd tournament in a row it's happening. He's the only constant.

We've dropped deep after scoring in every tournament in my lifetime, it's what we do
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024