Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald 12:15 - Jun 9 with 3747 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/62538/into-the-unknown-by-c

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 14:44 - Jun 9 with 3551 viewsDrigdale

Just pre ordered the book on Amazon. They have it on sale for a maximum price guarantee of £14.69 including delivery.
Appears to be sold by various channels for different prices.
As someone who is not in the know about behind the scenes issues I am looking forward to hearing what Chris has to say.
I have all the books by Mark Hodkinson and hope this new one matches up.
Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 15:45 - Jun 9 with 3466 viewsEdindale

Based on Chris's previous articles, and quality of insight I am very much looking forward to reading this.
Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 23:29 - Jun 10 with 2897 viewsNigeriamark

Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 15:45 - Jun 9 by Edindale

Based on Chris's previous articles, and quality of insight I am very much looking forward to reading this.

Hi Chris

Will it come out on Kindle in the near future like the novel you wrote?
Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 21:40 - Jul 31 with 1798 viewsfitzochris

Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 23:29 - Jun 10 by Nigeriamark

Hi Chris

Will it come out on Kindle in the near future like the novel you wrote?

Sorry, I I’ve only just remembered to check back on this. Yes, it’s available on Kindle right now - and hopefully everyone has their physical copies after a printer delay?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 22:05 - Jul 31 with 1692 views442Dale

Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 21:40 - Jul 31 by fitzochris

Sorry, I I’ve only just remembered to check back on this. Yes, it’s available on Kindle right now - and hopefully everyone has their physical copies after a printer delay?

For those who’ve heard McNulty’s radio interview tonight, he touched on what the club experienced last season - there are some really interesting insights from him in the book.

Gives a greater appreciation of the difficulties over the last year.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 22:26 - Jul 31 with 1631 viewsjudd

Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 22:05 - Jul 31 by 442Dale

For those who’ve heard McNulty’s radio interview tonight, he touched on what the club experienced last season - there are some really interesting insights from him in the book.

Gives a greater appreciation of the difficulties over the last year.

Hopefully can get this stocked in the club shop.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 23:52 - Jul 31 with 1517 viewsEdindale

A very good read with some great insight.
Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 06:29 - Aug 1 with 1348 viewsTalkingSutty

Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 22:26 - Jul 31 by judd

Hopefully can get this stocked in the club shop.

A bookshelf in the club shop would be a great idea. Between them, both Chris Fitgerald and Mark Hodkinson have written some very good Dale related books covering different periods of the clubs history. Have a book promotion in the shop with both in attendance to sign copies of their numerous books and the club can include a small mark up for each sale. Maybe do it to tie in with a Xmas promotion and stock the shop with other suitable presents for sale...scarf's/ gloves/ calenders etc. Mince pies and mulled wine would go down well also, alongside a Santa's Grotto for the kids. That would be a great way for the staff to promote the Club shop and boost sales, they could also promote a half season ticket for sale with the players and manager in attendance, a perfect Xmas gift.
[Post edited 1 Aug 7:49]
Login to get fewer ads

Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 07:53 - Aug 1 with 1266 viewsDrigdale

Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 06:29 - Aug 1 by TalkingSutty

A bookshelf in the club shop would be a great idea. Between them, both Chris Fitgerald and Mark Hodkinson have written some very good Dale related books covering different periods of the clubs history. Have a book promotion in the shop with both in attendance to sign copies of their numerous books and the club can include a small mark up for each sale. Maybe do it to tie in with a Xmas promotion and stock the shop with other suitable presents for sale...scarf's/ gloves/ calenders etc. Mince pies and mulled wine would go down well also, alongside a Santa's Grotto for the kids. That would be a great way for the staff to promote the Club shop and boost sales, they could also promote a half season ticket for sale with the players and manager in attendance, a perfect Xmas gift.

I have just finished the book and certainly would recommend it.
McNulty had so many issues to deal with that were not highlighted to supporters during the season. Our finishing place on reflection was good.
The lack of players meant Mitchell played for a period of time with 2 broken ribs during which time he received unfair criticism.
Also the players were left stranded at a motorway service station for a period of time as the bus company withdrew the bus as the bill hadn't been paid.
There are other examples but my opinion of Big Jim certainly went up after reading the book.
Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 08:20 - Aug 1 with 1236 viewsTalkingSutty

Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 07:53 - Aug 1 by Drigdale

I have just finished the book and certainly would recommend it.
McNulty had so many issues to deal with that were not highlighted to supporters during the season. Our finishing place on reflection was good.
The lack of players meant Mitchell played for a period of time with 2 broken ribs during which time he received unfair criticism.
Also the players were left stranded at a motorway service station for a period of time as the bus company withdrew the bus as the bill hadn't been paid.
There are other examples but my opinion of Big Jim certainly went up after reading the book.

Yes, agree regarding last season, the football was tedious to watch at times but overall i think he did a good job when you factor in the off field problems. This season he starts with a clean sheet and has assembled his own squad, strengthened on the squad he had last season. League position is always important but equally so is the style of football and entertainment the paying spectators are witnessing. It's vital that we increase attendances and unless the product on the pitch is worthy of the entrance fee then that makes the task very difficult. Some good signs in the pre-season friendlies though with players who seem happy playing on the front foot, hopefully we'll see that continue throughout the season. Having suffered broken ribs i find it difficult to believe anybody could play football at any level with those injuries. If Mitchell did do then fair play to him.
[Post edited 1 Aug 8:23]
Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 09:30 - Aug 1 with 1104 viewsDrigdale

I think the book illustrates the numerous problems the Club faced last year. Reading between the lines I suspect there were many more that Chris was not allowed to write about.
Supporters should allow a little more time for the new board to put everything in order, there is certainly lots to be done. The main positive is that we know that there is lots being done behind the scenes with the Ogdens backing.
As for Jim he certainly has more chance of providing the fans with a better football experience than we had to endure last season.
As with everything time will tell.
Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 21:31 - Aug 1 with 572 viewsdownunder

Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 06:29 - Aug 1 by TalkingSutty

Agree. I hope to be visiting the UK next year, and, as someone with a distrust of internet purchases, I would be keen to buy books.
Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 23:02 - Aug 1 with 362 viewsNigeriamark

Into The Unknown by Chris Fitzgerald on 21:40 - Jul 31 by fitzochris

Thanks, just bought. it was only the hardback on pre-order so lucky you reminded me to check
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024