Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ospreys new ground? 12:27 - May 23 with 12893 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://pembrokeshire-herald.com/93226/swansea-council-hopes-sports-ground-will-

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

The ospreys new ground? on 11:14 - May 29 with 2017 viewsWhiterockin

The ospreys new ground? on 11:02 - May 29 by YrAlarch

Pathetic attendance figures when the Press (WoL in particular) would have us believe that Rugby Union is our National sport.

You are 100% correct. The whole scheduling and television coverage of fixtures needs a complete overall. Even then personally it wouldn't tempt me to go. I only go on what Osprey and Scarlet supporting friends tell me, with their reasons for not attending so many games.
The ospreys new ground? on 13:45 - May 29 with 1894 viewsonehunglow

As regards the National game .
We ve had this debated for years .
It is totally subjective
For many it is
For many it’s not.
Depends on what you like
I like both.
Which has a higher profile internationally ?
What is bizarre is the hatred many have for rugby in Wales and this IMO is because it is pre eminent in many schools or was .
In Wales large cities. Cardiff Swansea Newport,I’d say football is primary.
In small towns and villages, absolutely rugby is.
And lastly,Swansea has significant rugby history ,of which we should be proud ,not carping
[Post edited 29 May 13:45]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The ospreys new ground? on 13:50 - May 29 with 1886 viewsWhiterockin

The ospreys new ground? on 13:45 - May 29 by onehunglow

As regards the National game .
We ve had this debated for years .
It is totally subjective
For many it is
For many it’s not.
Depends on what you like
I like both.
Which has a higher profile internationally ?
What is bizarre is the hatred many have for rugby in Wales and this IMO is because it is pre eminent in many schools or was .
In Wales large cities. Cardiff Swansea Newport,I’d say football is primary.
In small towns and villages, absolutely rugby is.
And lastly,Swansea has significant rugby history ,of which we should be proud ,not carping
[Post edited 29 May 13:45]

You are right. In many small towns and villages life evolves around the local rugby club who organise social events, summer bbq's, firework displays ect often they are the hub of the community.
The ospreys new ground? on 14:21 - May 29 with 1865 viewsonehunglow

The ospreys new ground? on 18:39 - May 24 by max936

I started watching Neath when I moved up to Neath used to enjoy my time spent watching with a couple of my brother-inlaws and a mad keen mate.

I recall one mad game up at Ebbw Vale watching with said mate, Neath were struggling throughout the first have and it looked a lost cause, I think were well down on the score can't remember exactly may have been somin like 20-5, the big guns come out for the 2nd half and produced a masterclass of Rugby, it was a bit of a rough afternoon with the conditions not so much rain, but the wind, always the same up Ebbw though, had a few fishing butties up there, one in particular sadly passed now and we fished all of the water's up and around there and it was nearly always rough,

You started watching Neath …

Worst news I. Have ever read on here
I had no idea

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The ospreys new ground? on 16:15 - May 29 with 1805 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 18:33 - May 28 by ReslovenSwan1

We need to look to the future not pine for the past. We Welsh appear to love what was unsustainable and reject a structure that should be able to compete.

Neath, Pontypool, Bridgend, Pontypridd could never have competed with the Irish and Scottish regions. Glamorgan could not have survived at St Helens. The anti reform mentality is for 'stone cold losers' where the only two options they offer are "going bust" or "going bust".

The thinking is so warped that an airport 30 mins from Cardiff and 45 mins from Swansea is trashed by the people it serves.

The Ospreys have given up on a good to go 20,000 seater stadium with hospitality capability. They now want something smaller with the rate payer picking up the tab. It should be a very impressive facility. Not necessary but impressive thanks to the Swansea ratepayers who do not seem to need the money for anything else.

SCFC will replace them with the women's team.

Well maybe wait and see how much they want the council to chip in before stating as a act the ratepayer will cover the cost.

The airport is trashed by us because it is losing money EVERY year and as a result Welsh tax payers have to pick up the tab, I thought you were against that idea?

Tell me how your first paragraph tallies with the penultimate one?
The ospreys new ground? on 20:48 - May 29 with 1695 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 16:15 - May 29 by SullutaCreturned

Well maybe wait and see how much they want the council to chip in before stating as a act the ratepayer will cover the cost.

The airport is trashed by us because it is losing money EVERY year and as a result Welsh tax payers have to pick up the tab, I thought you were against that idea?

Tell me how your first paragraph tallies with the penultimate one?

Rhoose airport is a vital piece of infrastructure. The St Helens development is not needed. There is a perfectly good set up a Landore with parking and hospitality suites offering synergies.

Swansea Council by backing this scheme are "robbing Jack to pay Paul".

Wise sage since Toshack era

The ospreys new ground? on 20:52 - May 29 with 1697 viewspencoedjack

The ospreys new ground? on 20:48 - May 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Rhoose airport is a vital piece of infrastructure. The St Helens development is not needed. There is a perfectly good set up a Landore with parking and hospitality suites offering synergies.

The M4 is a far more vital piece of infrastructure for industry in South Wales.

The idiots in the asylum can’t see that.
The ospreys new ground? on 16:28 - May 30 with 1561 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 20:48 - May 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Vital infrastructure? Vital to whom? Seeing as it is hardly used and is losing millions every year. So far the Welsh public have given it over 250 million.

St Helens will not be fully funded by the Welsh publicand part of the reason for the mive is because they have to pay rent which it seems they may not be able to afford, given their crowds.
Financially it may well be a smart move for the rugby and may increase attendances but it's sure thing they are not sustainable staying as thry are at the football stadium. I thought you liked good financial decisions, I thought you liked puttingthe past behind you and living in the present?
Exactly what synergies do the Osprey's get if the stya at the Liberty? Can younexplain your commetn please?
Login to get fewer ads

The ospreys new ground? on 17:56 - Jun 2 with 1387 viewssons_of_omri

The ospreys new ground? on 20:52 - May 29 by pencoedjack

The M4 is a far more vital piece of infrastructure for industry in South Wales.

The idiots in the asylum can’t see that.

The M4 is useless due to the Newport stretch. I have the misfortune of trying to navigate that every Friday evening. It’s utter sh*t. I’d use the railway but it’s double the price it should be
The ospreys new ground? on 19:11 - Jun 2 with 1331 viewspencoedjack

The ospreys new ground? on 17:56 - Jun 2 by sons_of_omri

The M4 is useless due to the Newport stretch. I have the misfortune of trying to navigate that every Friday evening. It’s utter sh*t. I’d use the railway but it’s double the price it should be

Yep I do it on a regular basis

Some posters on here mysteriously travel in parts of the country that are worse ( Hereford way). I am yet to encounter a worse stretch of motorway, made worse as it’s the main route into South Wales & needed to attract much needed investment
The ospreys new ground? on 19:22 - Jun 2 with 1310 viewsWhiterockin

The ospreys new ground? on 19:11 - Jun 2 by pencoedjack

Some posters on here mysteriously travel in parts of the country that are worse ( Hereford way). I am yet to encounter a worse stretch of motorway, made worse as it’s the main route into South Wales & needed to attract much needed investment

Welsh Labour 2016 manifesto.

We will deliver a M4 relief road.

Still waiting.
The ospreys new ground? on 19:22 - Jun 2 with 1299 viewsDr_Winston

I can't say I've ever had much trouble navigating the M4 in Newport at any time aside from the nonsensical and unnecessary 50mph limit, but then I rarely go near it at rush hour.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The ospreys new ground? on 20:30 - Jun 2 with 1253 viewsmax936

Easier to go via M4 and M50 to Hereford than the Heads of the Valley with the road improvements going on, either that or go there via Brecon.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The ospreys new ground? on 00:36 - Jun 3 with 1189 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 16:28 - May 30 by SullutaCreturned

Vital infrastructure? Vital to whom? Seeing as it is hardly used and is losing millions every year. So far the Welsh public have given it over 250 million.

St Helens will not be fully funded by the Welsh publicand part of the reason for the mive is because they have to pay rent which it seems they may not be able to afford, given their crowds.
Financially it may well be a smart move for the rugby and may increase attendances but it's sure thing they are not sustainable staying as thry are at the football stadium. I thought you liked good financial decisions, I thought you liked puttingthe past behind you and living in the present?
Exactly what synergies do the Osprey's get if the stya at the Liberty? Can younexplain your commetn please?

Vital to me I use it regularly. Getting to Bristol is a slog. Wales needs it as a status symbol which is why the Unionist flag wavers detest it. It is losing money so they must work harder to make a profit. Unionists want Wales to be totally dependent on the Westminster Government.

The Osprey have no money. The millions needed to renovate will not come from them. Glamorgan got the rate payers to fund Sophia Gardens and the £4m was written off. They have the benefit in hotels and hospitality perhaps.

They are sustainable in Landore. Plenty of space and hospitality boxes and ample parking. The cost of the Swansea.com are shared by the Ospreys and Swansea city. It benefits both.

If Inter and AC Milan can share then so can the Ospreys.

Swnsea.com is not a football stadium it is a football / Rugby stadium. If anything is a vanity project it is St Helens.

Swansea council should spend it's money on thing the city needs not things that are already service more than adequately.
[Post edited 3 Jun 13:30]

The ospreys new ground? on 20:54 - Jun 3 with 1032 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 00:36 - Jun 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Vital to me I use it regularly. Getting to Bristol is a slog. Wales needs it as a status symbol which is why the Unionist flag wavers detest it. It is losing money so they must work harder to make a profit. Unionists want Wales to be totally dependent on the Westminster Government.

The Osprey have no money. The millions needed to renovate will not come from them. Glamorgan got the rate payers to fund Sophia Gardens and the £4m was written off. They have the benefit in hotels and hospitality perhaps.

They are sustainable in Landore. Plenty of space and hospitality boxes and ample parking. The cost of the Swansea.com are shared by the Ospreys and Swansea city. It benefits both.

If Inter and AC Milan can share then so can the Ospreys.

Swnsea.com is not a football stadium it is a football / Rugby stadium. If anything is a vanity project it is St Helens.

Swansea council should spend it's money on thing the city needs not things that are already service more than adequately.
[Post edited 3 Jun 13:30]

Being vital to you isn't a good enough reason, finances old bean, they should be the deciding factor.

Clubs with no money often borrow some, they cannot guarantee a government or council hand out.
Glamorgan got the money because it was going to Cardiff, simple as that.

If they were sustainable in Landore then they wouldn't move, the numbers say you are very wrong, as well as the decision makers who know more about it than me and you.

Inter and AC? totally irrelevant as they both fill the stadium as well as playing the same sport. It's not just irrelevant, quite frankly it's a loopy thing to say.

The stadium has to, by FA rules, give priority to football, it is a football stadium first and foremost.

And finally, can you prove that last statement? Can you rove the council is paying the bills? I wouldn't hold my breath besides which, maybe the council and the people of Swansea would like to have first class rugby back in a stadium with so much rugby history?
The ospreys new ground? on 20:56 - Jun 3 with 1028 viewsRhonddaSwans

The ospreys new ground? on 20:54 - Jun 3 by SullutaCreturned

Being vital to you isn't a good enough reason, finances old bean, they should be the deciding factor.

Clubs with no money often borrow some, they cannot guarantee a government or council hand out.

If they were sustainable in Landore then they wouldn't move, the numbers say you are very wrong, as well as the decision makers who know more about it than me and you.

Inter and AC? totally irrelevant as they both fill the stadium as well as playing the same sport. It's not just irrelevant, quite frankly it's a loopy thing to say.

The stadium has to, by FA rules, give priority to football, it is a football stadium first and foremost.

And finally, can you prove that last statement? Can you rove the council is paying the bills? I wouldn't hold my breath besides which, maybe the council and the people of Swansea would like to have first class rugby back in a stadium with so much rugby history?

old bean 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

The ospreys new ground? on 17:40 - Jun 5 with 867 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 20:54 - Jun 3 by SullutaCreturned

Rhoose is vital for people like me and the nation of Wales. It is losing money but so is Swansea city. In fact they have been losing money over the same time scale. Are you suggesting Swansea should be shut down? US owners and Welsh people have to fight. Swansea Trust were pathetic 2015-2022. They were timid.

Both have to work harder to make profits. Rhoose is needed. St Helens is not. Ospreys rae sustainable at Swansea.com. Everything they need is there.

They are moving to St Helens because it would be "more comfortable" for them as there would be less empty seats highlighting their own poor work and failure to engage with the sporting community..

Inter and AC very rarely fill their stadium.

The Ospreys are already in Swansea. No need for St Helens.

Having said that i am sure it will be very nice. It remains to be seen who pays but the Ospreys are skint. "You do not need to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows".

The ospreys new ground? on 17:48 - Jun 5 with 853 viewsWhiterockin

The ospreys new ground? on 17:40 - Jun 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Rhoose is vital for people like me and the nation of Wales. It is losing money but so is Swansea city. In fact they have been losing money over the same time scale. Are you suggesting Swansea should be shut down? US owners and Welsh people have to fight. Swansea Trust were pathetic 2015-2022. They were timid.

Both have to work harder to make profits. Rhoose is needed. St Helens is not. Ospreys rae sustainable at Swansea.com. Everything they need is there.

They are moving to St Helens because it would be "more comfortable" for them as there would be less empty seats highlighting their own poor work and failure to engage with the sporting community..

Having said that i am sure it will be very nice. It remains to be seen who pays but the Ospreys are skint. "You do not need to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows".

How on earth can you compare Swansea City and Cardiff Airport. One the losses are covered by the owners the other by Welsh taxpayers. It's just attention seeking BS on your part.
The ospreys new ground? on 17:54 - Jun 5 with 835 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 17:40 - Jun 5 by ReslovenSwan1

If Rhoose was needed by the people of Wales then more people would be using it and it is totally foolish to compare it with the Swans. The tax payers of Wales are not subsidisng SCFC.

The ospreys lose money by using the Swansea.com so it's not sustainable, 5000 in a 21k stadium looks pathetic.

Inter and AC had the highest average attendances in Serie A last season, both getting over 72k in an 80k stadium, that's 90% full on average for every game. So it really is another foolish comparison.

The Ospreys are skint and playing at the Swansea.com is costing them money, the rent they pay means they have less for players wages, not sustainable
The ospreys new ground? on 19:17 - Jun 5 with 767 viewsmax936

The ospreys new ground? on 17:48 - Jun 5 by Whiterockin

How on earth can you compare Swansea City and Cardiff Airport. One the losses are covered by the owners the other by Welsh taxpayers. It's just attention seeking BS on your part.

100% Bang On Whitey.

The ospreys new ground? on 19:19 - Jun 5 with 764 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 17:48 - Jun 5 by Whiterockin

I suspect the Council or WAG will pick up the tab for St Helens and subsidise it just like Rhoose airport which is needed. St Helens will see the Ospreys cease to support the Swansea.com stadium and end the synergies with Swansea city. The move is not needed .

Everything they need is at Landore including room to expand. Welsh rugby is committed to comfortable shrinkage and subsidy from WRU HQ at Principality stadium Cardiff

You argue that vital loss making enterprises should not be subsidised by the tax or rate payers e g Rhoose. Ospreys have no money so this will happen for the unnecessary St. Helens which you support.

[Post edited 5 Jun 19:31]

The ospreys new ground? on 20:58 - Jun 5 with 707 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 19:19 - Jun 5 by ReslovenSwan1

I suspect the Council or WAG will pick up the tab for St Helens and subsidise it just like Rhoose airport which is needed. St Helens will see the Ospreys cease to support the Swansea.com stadium and end the synergies with Swansea city. The move is not needed .

Everything they need is at Landore including room to expand. Welsh rugby is committed to comfortable shrinkage and subsidy from WRU HQ at Principality stadium Cardiff

You argue that vital loss making enterprises should not be subsidised by the tax or rate payers e g Rhoose. Ospreys have no money so this will happen for the unnecessary St. Helens which you support.

[Post edited 5 Jun 19:31]

I'd argue that throwing over 250 million don the drain ( and counting) when so much is wrong with Wales, th NHS for a start, that the airport is an Albatross around everyone's neck. Passenger numbers have dropped well below sustainable levels. If it was vital then passenger numbers would be rising. The NHS, schools, social care, these are vital but there are many better airports nearby for Welsh travellers.

The Ospreys cannot afford Landore and they are hardly likely to be expanding when funding is cut, Wesh rugby is in the doldrums and they cannot afford players. You say it yourself, "comfortable shrinkage" so talking about expanding is foolish. The people incharge of the O's know this and they have ALL the information.
The ospreys new ground? on 21:09 - Jun 5 with 704 viewsmax936

The ospreys new ground? on 20:58 - Jun 5 by SullutaCreturned

I'd argue that throwing over 250 million don the drain ( and counting) when so much is wrong with Wales, th NHS for a start, that the airport is an Albatross around everyone's neck. Passenger numbers have dropped well below sustainable levels. If it was vital then passenger numbers would be rising. The NHS, schools, social care, these are vital but there are many better airports nearby for Welsh travellers.

The Ospreys cannot afford Landore and they are hardly likely to be expanding when funding is cut, Wesh rugby is in the doldrums and they cannot afford players. You say it yourself, "comfortable shrinkage" so talking about expanding is foolish. The people incharge of the O's know this and they have ALL the information.

He just argues for the sake of arguing, attention seeking at its finest, Dimi esq

The ospreys new ground? on 11:22 - Jun 6 with 560 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 21:09 - Jun 5 by max936

He just argues for the sake of arguing, attention seeking at its finest, Dimi esq

St Helens will only be cheaper if the rate payers or tax payers rebuilt if for them.

As I have stated everything they want is at Landore. Parking. Bars Hospitality boxes modern turnstiles. They can negiocate wit with the football club to reduce cost if in trouble.

As a nation we are supposed struggling and should not waste resources.

I have no objection it wil be very nice but if funded by the ratepayer it will be robbing Jack to pay Paul.
[Post edited 6 Jun 11:52]

The ospreys new ground? on 14:28 - Jun 6 with 497 viewsScotia

The ospreys new ground? on 11:22 - Jun 6 by ReslovenSwan1

St Helens will only be cheaper if the rate payers or tax payers rebuilt if for them.

As I have stated everything they want is at Landore. Parking. Bars Hospitality boxes modern turnstiles. They can negiocate wit with the football club to reduce cost if in trouble.

As a nation we are supposed struggling and should not waste resources.

I have no objection it wil be very nice but if funded by the ratepayer it will be robbing Jack to pay Paul.
[Post edited 6 Jun 11:52]

It depends what it's used for in total really. The Ospreys can't stay in the Swansea.com and it's obvious why.

I have no objection to paying towards a multi-use facility in a prime location on Swansea sea front. Something like the RDS arena in Dublin where Springsteen recently played as an example.

Cricket in Swansea has been and gone, lets make use of the best located open space in Wales if not the UK and get some lottery / Assembly money to pay for it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024