Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix 08:58 - May 22 with 19484 viewsFrankRightguard

Anyone seen this? Shocking even by the pitifully low standards society seems to operate at these days.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:36 - Jun 3 with 1674 viewsTheChef

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:30 - Jun 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

Apparently they spending £5m on new external security infrastructure.

I‘ve no idea why this hasn’t been put in place already.

Edit: this was already in place!
[Post edited 3 Jun 13:32]

Great success!

I'm still amazed Wembley got chosen again as the location of the national stadium when obviously it should have been somewhere in the midlands. But then y'know, money / mythical ley lines of the illuminati

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:36 - Jun 3 with 1675 viewsconnell10

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:30 - Jun 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

Apparently they spending £5m on new external security infrastructure.

I‘ve no idea why this hasn’t been put in place already.

Edit: this was already in place!
[Post edited 3 Jun 13:32]

You would expect a double row of riot police in this situation, not a few skinny stewards . Pathetic really.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:36 - Jun 3 with 1665 viewsSheffieldHoop

For what it's worth - The difference in pay between a Wembley steward and a Band 5 Registered Nurse at Northwick Park is about 4 quid an hour. Is the nurse, and all they have to put up with, really only worth 4 quid an hour more than the steward? I'm guessing the difference will be similar to an entry-level police officer. Not exactly worlds apart.

There's probably also a question around, are we recruiting the right types of people into these stewarding jobs? Well since we're not allowed to ask these questions, as it undermines the diversity = strength thing, we get 60-year-old ladies on the front line instead. And people take the piss because of it.

Finally, I'm sure it's important to note, that this was a playful and mostly peaceful jibbing, not a Far-right coked-up organized mass-scale jibbing fuelled by racism. So, you know, let's not overreact.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:42 - Jun 3 with 1638 viewsPBLOCK

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:20 - Jun 3 by Northernr

Doesn't it just come back to the point about how the outside of Wembley is really poorly designed for these sort of games these days?

Perhaps similar with the Stade de France, although I haven't been and am not familiar.

The place they have the final in Turkey is in the middle of butt fck nowhere, huge exclusion zones all around it, multiple physical barriers and ticket checks. Wembley have sold off all their surrounding land to hotels, flats and box park, right up to the gate. So now you've got a set of concrete stairs, temporary railings and a third party stewarding company employing people on mimimum wage standing in the way.

100% agree that Wembley is not great getting in and out of it’s a bit like Millwall away where they try to herd you to the station even if that’s not where you want to go to (always aim for Preston Road not Wembley itself)

The way Wembley is set up is poor and the Health and Safety bloke on the documentary was a complete clown they need to have a serious review of how they can potentially do things better
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:52 - Jun 3 with 1572 viewsLblock

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 11:29 - Jun 3 by TheChef

Again surprised about the onus on low-paid stewards in these situations rather than the police being in situ to deal with this kind of stuff (it does look like the police turn up in the end? hard to tell from the video).

Clearly not learnt lessons from the Euro final.

Defence of the police here.

There was, shall we say, a busy day in London on Saturday.

The thin blue line is now microscopic
Clearly their time is well spent policing Tommy Bloody Robinson and his henches, the latest Palestine love in, another mob calling for defence of Israel and various other goings on around the Champions League up central London.

I was out locally Saturday and witnessed some fairly anti-social behavoir.
Was told by the owner of the place we were in that he did not expect to see anyone in a uniform as the OB were streteched beyond breaking point and zero local units to us. He was praying nothing escalated as his son (a local copper) had said don't expect any response at all due to the above drains on the availability.

We are truly a mental country

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 14:52 - Jun 3 with 1408 viewsQPunkR

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 11:29 - Jun 3 by TheChef

Again surprised about the onus on low-paid stewards in these situations rather than the police being in situ to deal with this kind of stuff (it does look like the police turn up in the end? hard to tell from the video).

Clearly not learnt lessons from the Euro final.

Was there again on Sat and what Wembley and the FA did was obviously hire many times more small minimum wage stewards - but no bloody professionals among them. Honestly I walked through hundreds of the yellow-jacketed little people without even a pat-down at any point, as did everyone else I knew there.

I was therefore not surprised at all to see BVB's post halftime pyro extravaganza - but how easy would it have been for someone to smuggle in a knife or a gun, especially in view of the four eejits that made it onto the pitch and the other that was stopped by fellow fans and some stewards. Really beggars belief.

Similar to Paris last time out, local hoodrats were out in force all around the outside perimeter of the stadium trying to find a chink through which to get into the stadium surrounds, but fair play to Old Bill, they were also out in force in the outer cordon and were able to rebuff all such attempts

QPR - "shit but local"

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 15:28 - Jun 3 with 1288 viewsslmrstid

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:36 - Jun 3 by SheffieldHoop

For what it's worth - The difference in pay between a Wembley steward and a Band 5 Registered Nurse at Northwick Park is about 4 quid an hour. Is the nurse, and all they have to put up with, really only worth 4 quid an hour more than the steward? I'm guessing the difference will be similar to an entry-level police officer. Not exactly worlds apart.

There's probably also a question around, are we recruiting the right types of people into these stewarding jobs? Well since we're not allowed to ask these questions, as it undermines the diversity = strength thing, we get 60-year-old ladies on the front line instead. And people take the piss because of it.

Finally, I'm sure it's important to note, that this was a playful and mostly peaceful jibbing, not a Far-right coked-up organized mass-scale jibbing fuelled by racism. So, you know, let's not overreact.

Over a standard 40 hour working week that £4 per hour is worth over £8,000 per year, so that's quite a sizeable disparity, and that's without getting into the vagaries of working more than 40 hour weeks, overtime etc etc.

Unless you're on so much money Sheff that £8k is a mere drop in the ocean to you
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 15:34 - Jun 3 with 1266 viewsSheffieldHoop

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 15:28 - Jun 3 by slmrstid

Over a standard 40 hour working week that £4 per hour is worth over £8,000 per year, so that's quite a sizeable disparity, and that's without getting into the vagaries of working more than 40 hour weeks, overtime etc etc.

Unless you're on so much money Sheff that £8k is a mere drop in the ocean to you

Nurses are contracted to 37.5 hour weeks, not 40. You might need to redo your sums. After deductions, it's not that much more, certainly when you factor in the time/cost to qualify, level of responsibility etc.

If a nurse neglects her job and somebody dies, do we just accept it and say it's a consequence of low pay? I doubt it. But stewards fail to do their job and we routinely just blame it on low pay.
[Post edited 3 Jun 15:46]

Login to get fewer ads

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 16:10 - Jun 3 with 1207 viewsKonk

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 15:34 - Jun 3 by SheffieldHoop

Nurses are contracted to 37.5 hour weeks, not 40. You might need to redo your sums. After deductions, it's not that much more, certainly when you factor in the time/cost to qualify, level of responsibility etc.

If a nurse neglects her job and somebody dies, do we just accept it and say it's a consequence of low pay? I doubt it. But stewards fail to do their job and we routinely just blame it on low pay.

Surely comparing apples and oranges - I would imagine the majority of nurses entered the profession through a sense of altruism/a vocational calling, spend years training etc whereas most stewards, I would guess, are simply looking to top-up their income and hopefully get a relatively quiet shift of showing people to their seats/turnstiles etc. If you get a game where people don't act up, then it's the same as being an usher at a theatre/gig venue or something.

The whole stewarding thing works okay when people don't act like cun ts and/or nothing goes wrong, but goes to sh it when things kick-off. If I'm at college and looking to pick up a few quid at the football, I don't think I'd be willing to get in fights with people or take a load of grief of them for what they earn in a shift.

Twice last season I was in away ends where for 20-odd minutes a handful of stewards had to take a load of grief, threats and pushing and shoving, from 20-30 pi ssed-up/coked-up idiots, because they were trying to move them off the stairs. A lot of the abuse was racist, and in both cases, I was amazed that the stewards stuck with it rather than just giving up. Both times things only calmed down when the OB arrived and suddenly the t wats weren't quite so insistent that they could stand where they wanted.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 16:31 - Jun 3 with 1144 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

‘If a nurse neglects her job and somebody dies, do we just accept it and say it's a consequence of low pay? I doubt it‘

We do actually.

The independent NHS Pay Review Body (NHSPRB) sent a recommendation to the government linking poor pay of nurses to excess deaths and the government has acknowledged it and its findings but refused to publish or enact its recommendations until nurses drop the industrial dispute.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 16:44 - Jun 3 with 1090 viewsSheffieldHoop

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 16:31 - Jun 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

‘If a nurse neglects her job and somebody dies, do we just accept it and say it's a consequence of low pay? I doubt it‘

We do actually.

The independent NHS Pay Review Body (NHSPRB) sent a recommendation to the government linking poor pay of nurses to excess deaths and the government has acknowledged it and its findings but refused to publish or enact its recommendations until nurses drop the industrial dispute.

Don't talk utter bullshit, Barry. Come on, be honest for once.

https://www.liverpoolworld.uk/news/merseyside-nurse-struck-off-after-neglect-cha

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:00 - Jun 3 with 1043 viewsSheffieldHoop

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 16:10 - Jun 3 by Konk

Surely comparing apples and oranges - I would imagine the majority of nurses entered the profession through a sense of altruism/a vocational calling, spend years training etc whereas most stewards, I would guess, are simply looking to top-up their income and hopefully get a relatively quiet shift of showing people to their seats/turnstiles etc. If you get a game where people don't act up, then it's the same as being an usher at a theatre/gig venue or something.

The whole stewarding thing works okay when people don't act like cun ts and/or nothing goes wrong, but goes to sh it when things kick-off. If I'm at college and looking to pick up a few quid at the football, I don't think I'd be willing to get in fights with people or take a load of grief of them for what they earn in a shift.

Twice last season I was in away ends where for 20-odd minutes a handful of stewards had to take a load of grief, threats and pushing and shoving, from 20-30 pi ssed-up/coked-up idiots, because they were trying to move them off the stairs. A lot of the abuse was racist, and in both cases, I was amazed that the stewards stuck with it rather than just giving up. Both times things only calmed down when the OB arrived and suddenly the t wats weren't quite so insistent that they could stand where they wanted.

Not really. Some people are held accountable when they fail to do their job. Others aren't. And it has nothing to do with what they are paid. See also; politicians, social services, chief medical officers etc.....

The rest of your post is just "Why isn't everyone more woke and just do what they're told, like me?"
[Post edited 3 Jun 17:02]

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:01 - Jun 3 with 1045 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 16:44 - Jun 3 by SheffieldHoop

Don't talk utter bullshit, Barry. Come on, be honest for once.

https://www.liverpoolworld.uk/news/merseyside-nurse-struck-off-after-neglect-cha

That’s a huge departure from the point either of us was making.

That (incredibly rare and therefore newsworthy) case was a wilful (deliberate) and criminal case of neglect.

I was saying, that nurses are neglecting patients through both workload and pay/conditions and that we (society and the government) are just accepting it.
[Post edited 3 Jun 17:03]
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:05 - Jun 3 with 1026 viewsSheffieldHoop

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:01 - Jun 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

That’s a huge departure from the point either of us was making.

That (incredibly rare and therefore newsworthy) case was a wilful (deliberate) and criminal case of neglect.

I was saying, that nurses are neglecting patients through both workload and pay/conditions and that we (society and the government) are just accepting it.
[Post edited 3 Jun 17:03]

I'll let you keep editing this until you get your story straight.

Edit - No it isn't. This is a precise example of what I said in my post. You're just playing semantics because you've been caught deriving meaning from my posts that they don't actually contain. I'm sure this isn't the first time either.
[Post edited 3 Jun 17:54]

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:07 - Jun 3 with 1025 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:05 - Jun 3 by SheffieldHoop

I'll let you keep editing this until you get your story straight.

Edit - No it isn't. This is a precise example of what I said in my post. You're just playing semantics because you've been caught deriving meaning from my posts that they don't actually contain. I'm sure this isn't the first time either.
[Post edited 3 Jun 17:54]

I changed the spelling the message is the same.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:12 - Jun 3 with 1017 viewsKonk

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:00 - Jun 3 by SheffieldHoop

Not really. Some people are held accountable when they fail to do their job. Others aren't. And it has nothing to do with what they are paid. See also; politicians, social services, chief medical officers etc.....

The rest of your post is just "Why isn't everyone more woke and just do what they're told, like me?"
[Post edited 3 Jun 17:02]

If you say so.

I presume you're trolling, but what does not acting like a cu nt at the football have to do with being 'woke'? Is not acting up and being a bully cos you've got the numbers on your side, somehow woke?

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:16 - Jun 3 with 1007 viewsSheffieldHoop

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:07 - Jun 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

I changed the spelling the message is the same.

No point arguing with dishonest people. We do hold certain professions accountable for failing to meet standards. Army Officers. Nurses. Prison Officers. Increasingly even Police Officers.

Stewarding just isn't one of them, and apparently, that's OK with people on here, they'd rather see football fans get the blame. Glad to clear that up.

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:18 - Jun 3 with 1005 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:16 - Jun 3 by SheffieldHoop

No point arguing with dishonest people. We do hold certain professions accountable for failing to meet standards. Army Officers. Nurses. Prison Officers. Increasingly even Police Officers.

Stewarding just isn't one of them, and apparently, that's OK with people on here, they'd rather see football fans get the blame. Glad to clear that up.

Hard agree on the first line.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:18 - Jun 3 with 998 viewsSheffieldHoop

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:12 - Jun 3 by Konk

If you say so.

I presume you're trolling, but what does not acting like a cu nt at the football have to do with being 'woke'? Is not acting up and being a bully cos you've got the numbers on your side, somehow woke?

Who is being a bully? What are you talking about?

Wembley gets a bit vibrant for certain cup final days.....Everyone can see it needs better stewarding.......What is your problem with that?

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:24 - Jun 3 with 988 viewsKonk

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:16 - Jun 3 by SheffieldHoop

Sorry, I was under the impression that the problem was that some people act like complete cun ts and cause problems at the football, and that other than psycho security teams at a handful of grounds, most stewards don't have the numbers, authority or physical presence to intervene effectively when people act-up. Personally, I would happily turn a blind eye to OB/stewards giving a pasting to some of the knobs you get at the football. If people didn't try and rush gates etc then you wouldn't be moaning about stewarding failures, would you.

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:34 - Jun 3 with 955 viewsSheffieldHoop

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:24 - Jun 3 by Konk

Sorry, I was under the impression that the problem was that some people act like complete cun ts and cause problems at the football, and that other than psycho security teams at a handful of grounds, most stewards don't have the numbers, authority or physical presence to intervene effectively when people act-up. Personally, I would happily turn a blind eye to OB/stewards giving a pasting to some of the knobs you get at the football. If people didn't try and rush gates etc then you wouldn't be moaning about stewarding failures, would you.

Are you seriously coming on the internet in 2024 and supporting police brutality? Did George Floyd teach you nothing?

No but seriously, football is adult entertainment for adults, it's not Disney on ice. I expect security to be taken seriously, but not to the degree that they feel they can force you to follow stupid rules. Steward it like you would a rave or festival.
[Post edited 3 Jun 17:45]

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:56 - Jun 3 with 923 viewsslmrstid

£4 x 37.5 hours p/w x 52 weeks = £7,800 so nearly £8k still instead of the £8,320 on a 40 hour week. And again that's not taking into account overtime etc.

And we all have to deal with tax deductions so that's a bit of a non-point.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 18:17 - Jun 3 with 879 viewsSheffieldHoop

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:56 - Jun 3 by slmrstid

£4 x 37.5 hours p/w x 52 weeks = £7,800 so nearly £8k still instead of the £8,320 on a 40 hour week. And again that's not taking into account overtime etc.

And we all have to deal with tax deductions so that's a bit of a non-point.

Yeah, in London that's really not that much of a difference. After tax, which is far more reliable evidence than your "Overtime etc" - it's sod all.

Of course, you already know the point is not about the pay itself but the level of accountability that the pay comes with. You won't touch on that part tho because you know I'm right.

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 20:48 - Jun 3 with 768 viewsKonk

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 17:34 - Jun 3 by SheffieldHoop

Are you seriously coming on the internet in 2024 and supporting police brutality? Did George Floyd teach you nothing?

No but seriously, football is adult entertainment for adults, it's not Disney on ice. I expect security to be taken seriously, but not to the degree that they feel they can force you to follow stupid rules. Steward it like you would a rave or festival.
[Post edited 3 Jun 17:45]

Go on then, what are the silly rules that you don't feel you should be following when you're at the football?

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 22:03 - Jun 3 with 696 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fly on the wall documentary on football policing just started on C4
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024