Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crowd 15:53 - Feb 3 with 6585 viewsChippy69

Lots of empty seats there today
Hope it really hurts the yanks
That’s all there interested in is the mighty dollar
[Post edited 3 Feb 16:13]

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

Crowd on 20:51 - Feb 3 with 1008 viewsvetchonian

Crowd on 20:42 - Feb 3 by jack247

That’s not feasible. To the best of my knowledge, that hasn’t happened ever, anywhere, on the scale of a club our size.

What does happen, is that clubs get taken over by more competent, visible owners than we have.

Owners that don’t turn the club into a shell of the one they bought within a decade. Admittedly, what also happens is clubs get taken over by far worse owners than we have.

Just because the fans aren’t in a position to buy the club, doesn’t mean they can’t be frustrated with the Americans, or that they can’t voice that.

you are right but I get angry when the current owners are accused of taking money out of the club or mot splashing the cash we don't have.
The sellouts so called fans cashed in and sold to owners who don't have the passion for our club.
There us a difference we as fans have an emotional attachment tocthe club the American business people don't.
I know wenas fans don't have the choice to buy the club my illustration is just to get folk to focus on the reality of what the current owners have as a situation and wasmposed to get outer fans to consider the expense.....wouldn't it be great though if we had the opportunity to buy the club....though if we did we couldn't really afford to sustain it as we would wish.....which is where the current business head owners are

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Crowd on 20:57 - Feb 3 with 979 viewsjack247

Crowd on 20:51 - Feb 3 by vetchonian

you are right but I get angry when the current owners are accused of taking money out of the club or mot splashing the cash we don't have.
The sellouts so called fans cashed in and sold to owners who don't have the passion for our club.
There us a difference we as fans have an emotional attachment tocthe club the American business people don't.
I know wenas fans don't have the choice to buy the club my illustration is just to get folk to focus on the reality of what the current owners have as a situation and wasmposed to get outer fans to consider the expense.....wouldn't it be great though if we had the opportunity to buy the club....though if we did we couldn't really afford to sustain it as we would wish.....which is where the current business head owners are

The fact is they haven’t done a very good job.

We have gone from relegation to firesale to blooding the academy players to selling them all off to a model of buying rough diamonds and trying to sell for a big profit to attracting investment which keeps us going but dilutes everyone’s shares.

I hate to think what the next stage will be.

Reality is, no one would care about their nationality or that they are dispassionate, absent and purely see us as an investment, if they were doing a decent job.
Crowd on 21:00 - Feb 3 with 979 viewsmax936

Crowd on 20:41 - Feb 3 by vetchonian

that's the rhetorical question isn't it
but think about it here we are manynof us having a go at the owners....accusing them of bleeding us dry when the reality is each season money has to be pumped in.
If I had that money to spare I would yes..the reality is eithe club need money putting in every season that's why HJ et al sold out as due to certain circumstances it was becomes harder to find the necessary additional funding.
Don't get me wrong I m not totally enamoured with our owners but without them where would we be.
Too many folks are pointing fingers at them .....n
but without them there would be no Swans

I would never put a penny into a football even if I won 100 plus million on the lottery.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Crowd on 21:04 - Feb 3 with 970 viewsvetchonian

Crowd on 21:00 - Feb 3 by max936

I would never put a penny into a football even if I won 100 plus million on the lottery.

so let's not knock those who do
I've often wished I could win £140m ish on the Euromillions then I could buy the club...but I recognise football clubs are money pits....shame that others don't see this but continue to criticise our owners....by the way our previous owners bought players with a view to capitalising on them too..its what help fund us on PL times...

Crowd on 21:06 - Feb 3 with 962 viewsBillyChong

Crowd on 20:42 - Feb 3 by jack247

That’s not feasible. To the best of my knowledge, that hasn’t happened ever, anywhere, on the scale of a club our size.

What does happen, is that clubs get taken over by more competent, visible owners than we have.

Owners that don’t turn the club into a shell of the one they bought within a decade. Admittedly, what also happens is clubs get taken over by far worse owners than we have.

Just because the fans aren’t in a position to buy the club, doesn’t mean they can’t be frustrated with the Americans, or that they can’t voice that.

Not on a scale of the club at present but it’s had to happen lower down as we are all too familiar
Crowd on 21:10 - Feb 3 with 943 viewsmax936

Crowd on 21:04 - Feb 3 by vetchonian

I've often wished I could win £140m ish on the Euromillions then I could buy the club...but I recognise football clubs are money pits....shame that others don't see this but continue to criticise our owners....by the way our previous owners bought players with a view to capitalising on them too..its what help fund us on PL times...

Hang on a goddam minute, they bought the club with the words that they could sustain the club and take us to the next level, how's that claim working out?

140 - 200 mil will flitter away in the flood water flowing down the Tawe.

Crowd on 21:15 - Feb 3 with 938 viewsvetchonian

Crowd on 21:10 - Feb 3 by max936

Hang on a goddam minute, they bought the club with the words that they could sustain the club and take us to the next level, how's that claim working out?

140 - 200 mil will flitter away in the flood water flowing down the Tawe.

they didn't truly understand the situation....relegation brought a different situation with reduced income....and those words about next level etc came from the mouth of Huw Jenkins not Jason and Steve.
They got sold a pup by the sellouts who wanted desperately to cash in....they would have sole to the Moores lot had the Trust not intervened which is why when Jase and Steve turned up they kept the Trust out-of things

Crowd on 21:30 - Feb 3 with 903 viewsmax936

Crowd on 21:15 - Feb 3 by vetchonian

they didn't truly understand the situation....relegation brought a different situation with reduced income....and those words about next level etc came from the mouth of Huw Jenkins not Jason and Steve.
They got sold a pup by the sellouts who wanted desperately to cash in....they would have sole to the Moores lot had the Trust not intervened which is why when Jase and Steve turned up they kept the Trust out-of things

So Swans fans have to suffer for their naivety, if its that bad why haven't they actively sought to sell the club, Kaplan openly said in a self appealing interview on some outlet or other after we were relegated that whatever happened to SCFC wouldn't have any impact on his life.

Obviously conveniently forgetting the 28 or more others who had put money into their fund, there's a reason why he looks as arrogant and as smarmy as he does.

You need to look through the fascade that him and Levien give off.
[Post edited 3 Feb 21:37]

Login to get fewer ads

Crowd on 21:36 - Feb 3 with 893 viewsvetchonian

Crowd on 21:30 - Feb 3 by max936

So Swans fans have to suffer for their naivety, if its that bad why haven't they actively sought to sell the club, Kaplan openly said in a self appealing interview on some outlet or other after we were relegated that whatever happened to SCFC wouldn't have any impact on his life.

Obviously conveniently forgetting the 28 or more others who had put money into their fund, there's a reason why he looks as arrogant and as smarmy as he does.

You need to look through the fascade that him and Levien give off.
[Post edited 3 Feb 21:37]

there you have it he doesn't gave the emotional attachment to the club as we fans do...hence his decisions are purely made on business thought
There were "rumours " during the last fee seasons we were up for sale but there haven't been any takers....well not at the asking price

Crowd on 21:52 - Feb 3 with 880 viewsTreforys_Jack

Crowd on 17:49 - Feb 3 by Chippy69

Bollocks they have taken way more than put in
Love people who just wait for the car crash to happen
The alleged Phantom 20 million should cover a few bills

How have they taken money out.
Crowd on 22:09 - Feb 3 with 858 viewsChippy69

Crowd on 21:52 - Feb 3 by Treforys_Jack

How have they taken money out.

So where s. All the money gone from player sales
Parachute payments etc
We knew they were honest as the day was long, when they quite easily tucked the trust up
Without letting them know
That bastard Jenkins and co done the deal under the table
And the yanks were only to happy to go along
Nice people

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

Crowd on 22:20 - Feb 3 with 840 viewsmax936

Crowd on 22:09 - Feb 3 by Chippy69

Parachute payments etc
We knew they were honest as the day was long, when they quite easily tucked the trust up
Nice people

Got a couple of nice supporters on here to,

Crowd on 22:32 - Feb 3 with 823 viewsTreforys_Jack

Crowd on 22:09 - Feb 3 by Chippy69

Parachute payments etc
Nice people

Yes, but how have they taken money out, which is what your accusing them of. They've made some very poor decisions but don't think they've taken cash out. The club just like most Championship clubs run at a substantial financial loss every month. That's where the money goes.
Crowd on 22:49 - Feb 3 with 811 viewslifelong

I thought there was a decent attendance today.
[Post edited 3 Feb 22:49]
Crowd on 22:53 - Feb 3 with 803 viewsbuilthjack

Crowd on 22:49 - Feb 3 by lifelong

I thought there was a decent attendance today.
[Post edited 3 Feb 22:49]

17,000. Not too shabby.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Crowd on 22:54 - Feb 3 with 801 viewsChippy69

Crowd on 22:32 - Feb 3 by Treforys_Jack

Yes, but how have they taken money out, which is what your accusing them of. They've made some very poor decisions but don't think they've taken cash out. The club just like most Championship clubs run at a substantial financial loss every month. That's where the money goes.

Piore 15 mill
We had two outstanding transfer windows in the summer and winter
Loan loan loan and shit permanent
They don’t give a feck
What other football club as a chairman who knows nothing about football
If your happy with them all the best
Me I hate them

Crowd on 22:59 - Feb 3 with 790 viewsChippy69

Crowd on 22:53 - Feb 3 by builthjack

17,000. Not too shabby.

They must come dressed as seats
Don’t the count the season tickets if your there or not

Crowd on 23:08 - Feb 3 with 771 viewsReslovenSwan1

Crowd on 20:40 - Feb 3 by Whiterockin

The supporters didn't ask the current owners to buy the club. They took a punt and hoped to make money. Mostly through poor management on their part they have failed. They now have two choices, either try and find another buyer and take a massive hit or chase their losses and hope it turns around. Either way it's not the supporters problem.

The Trust have been so useless that fans actually have forgotten the fans owned 21% of the club and failed to sell a single share in the good days. Everyone else did. They still own around 10% of the club.

It is the supporters problem because they are 10% owners. Worth £21 min 2016. No one want to apologise for missing the boat I blame the members.

Levien and Kaplan are on a huge winner with DC if they sell up. Losses on Swansea will reduce their tax bill presumably. Watch what is happening at DCU. When the sell that they will sell Swansea at a guess.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Crowd on 23:16 - Feb 3 with 762 viewsTreforys_Jack

Crowd on 23:08 - Feb 3 by ReslovenSwan1

The Trust have been so useless that fans actually have forgotten the fans owned 21% of the club and failed to sell a single share in the good days. Everyone else did. They still own around 10% of the club.

It is the supporters problem because they are 10% owners. Worth £21 min 2016. No one want to apologise for missing the boat I blame the members.

Levien and Kaplan are on a huge winner with DC if they sell up. Losses on Swansea will reduce their tax bill presumably. Watch what is happening at DCU. When the sell that they will sell Swansea at a guess.

Then we can look out
Crowd on 23:18 - Feb 3 with 760 viewsTreforys_Jack

Crowd on 22:54 - Feb 3 by Chippy69

Piore 15 mill
We had two outstanding transfer windows in the summer and winter
Loan loan loan and shit permanent
They don’t give a feck
What other football club as a chairman who knows nothing about football
If your happy with them all the best
Me I hate them

Didn't say I was happy with them but we could be far worse off believe it or not. How many fans out there of all the clubs are actually happy with their owners. Very few I'd wager.
Crowd on 23:23 - Feb 3 with 758 viewsBillyChong

Crowd on 23:08 - Feb 3 by ReslovenSwan1

2016 - pointless. Trust kept out of the sale. Shareholders agreement broken by the sellouts.

DC United - far more active in this window than this side of the pond. Paying Benteke £60-£70k per week whilst scrimping on loans/freebies over here. In no way whatsoever does that suggest we’d benefit from a DC United sale.
Crowd on 00:03 - Feb 4 with 724 viewsReslovenSwan1

Crowd on 23:23 - Feb 3 by BillyChong

2016 - pointless. Trust kept out of the sale. Shareholders agreement broken by the sellouts.

DC United - far more active in this window than this side of the pond. Paying Benteke £60-£70k per week whilst scrimping on loans/freebies over here. In no way whatsoever does that suggest we’d benefit from a DC United sale.

Levien and Kaplan would make a $400m+ capital gain selling off DCU. There will be a huge tax bill on this. I am not up on US tax law but lets assume it is 25%. (probably more) leading to a $100 tax bill.

Using quality accountant the can write off their $100m investment in Swansea as a loss and hand it over to Mr Morris and Mr Silverstein and end up paying no tax.

It is obviously complex and out of my league. In the mean time they want the club to cut the losses and stay in the Championship.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Crowd on 07:16 - Feb 4 with 654 viewsjack247

Crowd on 22:59 - Feb 3 by Chippy69

They must come dressed as seats
Don’t the count the season tickets if your there or not

Plymouth brought a lot. That would have been a poor crowd if they hadn’t.

I find it really weird when people don’t go and then criticise the attendance mind.
Crowd on 09:11 - Feb 4 with 613 viewsChippy69

Crowd on 07:16 - Feb 4 by jack247

Plymouth brought a lot. That would have been a poor crowd if they hadn’t.

I find it really weird when people don’t go and then criticise the attendance mind.

They won’t get a penny off me mate

Crowd on 09:31 - Feb 4 with 582 viewsbennytheblue

Crowd on 21:04 - Feb 3 by vetchonian

140 million would get you nowhere these days…..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024