Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boycott 11:00 - Oct 22 with 9510 viewsandrew1302

The fans need to get heard. We aren't being. The only way to support the club in my view is to ensure the owners and management know we have had enough of this ineptitude. Ruben has to get to grips with the situation and stop being so nice . For me a boycott of the Leicester game would let everyone know what we think. Not what i would support usually but drastic times call for drastic action and at least i will feel like people know what we think. The alternative is to turn up , watch a drubbing and start booing. I don't think what we have going on is the players fault it is the management from top to bottom and booing isn't going to worry them as much as stands being empty as they will think we are booing the players. GA says he never reads forums so he is completely oblivious of the fans view and a boycott would show him .
Boycott on 21:45 - Oct 22 with 1466 viewsHamptonR

Boycott on 17:43 - Oct 22 by Gloucs_R

I'm not going to games until things improve.

My boys don't want to go anymore. They'd rather go watch Gloucester Rugby.

They're slowing killing this club. Be it today or in 20 years, it could die. How many younger fans want to come and watch this? In an old stadium with poor facilities.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2023 18:38]

Tough titties.

Its where we are and who we are.
We have been good, nearly great, but often poor.

No one is buying us and taking on a debt

We support QPR, so we kind of get used to getting a short straw or the shitty end of a stick.
I come to the games, leave gutted but don't boo, because the players are wearing a blue and white hooped shirt, they play for my team.

I want things to get better and they probably will, but it may take some time.
Boycott on 21:47 - Oct 22 with 1461 viewsManinBlack

Today I watched Villa destroy West Ham. It was their 11th consecutive PL home win while we lose to all and sundry in the championship at home.

Only a few years ago we could compete with Villa in the championship. Remember us beating them 1-0 live on Sky when we knew how to win at Loftus Road, not forgetting the 2-2 draw and 3-1 win at Villa Park to upset their promotion bids.

Now we are a million miles behind them in a very short space of time. They are on the up as we get progressively worse in all aspects of the club. We now look like a non league outfit in ability on the pitch compared to them. We are pitiful to watch, we have a team now that wouldn't look out of place in the Scottish first division.

We cannot afford to lose fans and drive people away but we seem to be on that road. Other clubs fans have protested against their owners but usually do so at the end of a home game rather than during a game. I fear that unless we go down and then invest, we won't get out of this without financial input. Money to compete in the top two divisions is vital whether we like it or not as we have nothing coming through the ranks to improve the playing side.
Boycott on 22:06 - Oct 22 with 1407 viewsLblock

Boycott on 14:51 - Oct 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Boycotts you save for owners selling the ground or renaming us Red Bull White City. Wimbledon and Scunthorpe kind of stuff.

Boycotting because your team is shit is petulant and entitled in my opinion. Support should be unconditional for everything short of existential threat.

Calling fans who attend also a shithouse move.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2023 15:22]

Yes the team is shit but I feel almost everyone's frustration is (finally) towards the owners and their ineptitude, absence, malingering and prevarication.... THAT is what I think people are looking to Geoffrey Boycott

As mad as it feels - I've seen worse QPR teams / squads.
We've had far more to get uptight about from numerous mercenary players, many under Ruben & Bungle's tenure.

People may have noticed I've been disgruntled with the ownership for over a decade. It reached a head a while ago when my football frustration collided with a few other personal things and suddenly realisation set in.
I've gone from being there through thin and thinner, more home & away than a poor quality Aussie soap and pouring thousands into my following every year to... well a boycott.
A season ticket holder for 33 years gone.... and not even taken a membership out this season (yet) as I really begrudge putting another red cent into the club. I thought it would pain me to my core but... I just feel numb about it.

I was previously enraged about some fans apathy but I really do detect now that people in general have had enough.... alas I feel it is too late and the only way out of this is a proper, and massively painful, reset which makes Ollie Part I look like a cakewalk.

Boycott, boo, support the badge not the current incumbents, happy clap along.... each to their own.
The whole thing is just so utterly sad and so utterly predictable.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Boycott on 08:34 - Oct 23 with 1249 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Unless you've got a weekend away planned and QPR are playing in the parish, then anyone wasting their hard earned travelling to watch that lot needs their head examined.

I was back for the last home game and three chums offered me their ST. Clearly clapping like a seal and offering support isn't working, and apathy will kill us on and off the park.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Boycott on 12:07 - Oct 23 with 1081 viewsGloucs_R

Boycott on 21:45 - Oct 22 by HamptonR

Tough titties.

Its where we are and who we are.
We have been good, nearly great, but often poor.

No one is buying us and taking on a debt

We support QPR, so we kind of get used to getting a short straw or the shitty end of a stick.
I come to the games, leave gutted but don't boo, because the players are wearing a blue and white hooped shirt, they play for my team.

I want things to get better and they probably will, but it may take some time.

We support Rangers. We've brought up to be resilient.

However, the next generation are completely different..... I genuinely think we will struggle over the next 20 years and our fan base will deteriorate rapidly without change coming very soon. Look around us and it's already begun.

Chelsea, Fulham and now Brentford are a far more entertaining prospect on a Saturday for a teenager then coming down to a cramped Loftus Road and being served s*** football.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Boycott on 12:17 - Oct 23 with 1051 viewsWatford_Ranger

Boycott on 12:07 - Oct 23 by Gloucs_R

We support Rangers. We've brought up to be resilient.

However, the next generation are completely different..... I genuinely think we will struggle over the next 20 years and our fan base will deteriorate rapidly without change coming very soon. Look around us and it's already begun.

Chelsea, Fulham and now Brentford are a far more entertaining prospect on a Saturday for a teenager then coming down to a cramped Loftus Road and being served s*** football.

Yeah I don’t see a lot of fans my sort of age (early 30s) but there’s definitely a reasonable and growing yooof brigade especially when we dare pull together a result or two. I would guess overall though we have one of the older support bases given when the club was successful and the rise of other London clubs since.
Boycott on 10:01 - Oct 24 with 845 viewsSpongeParr

Not quite sure you can compare a huge club with a huge fan base like Villa, to us.

Compare us with Fulham, Brentford, Palace etc yeah but not them.

A few years ago we were in the Prem and Plymouth in Leaue 2. They were probably looking and thinking that they should be where we are.

Football always goes in cycles.
Boycott on 16:34 - Oct 24 with 757 viewssouthbrookstreet

Boycott on 13:17 - Oct 22 by flynnbo

Loud tutting and a vigorous shaking of the head is what's required.

Brilliant one
Login to get fewer ads

Boycott on 18:49 - Oct 24 with 683 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I despair at the number of batshit crazy "fans" who genuinely believe that relegation is the answer. That may serve the board's agenda but it certainly won't help the club or its supporters. Have you not seen who's in League 1 now? This time around we'd be a small fish in a big pool. If you think it'll be 2003-04 all over again, think again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024