Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boycott 11:00 - Oct 22 with 9512 viewsandrew1302

The fans need to get heard. We aren't being. The only way to support the club in my view is to ensure the owners and management know we have had enough of this ineptitude. Ruben has to get to grips with the situation and stop being so nice . For me a boycott of the Leicester game would let everyone know what we think. Not what i would support usually but drastic times call for drastic action and at least i will feel like people know what we think. The alternative is to turn up , watch a drubbing and start booing. I don't think what we have going on is the players fault it is the management from top to bottom and booing isn't going to worry them as much as stands being empty as they will think we are booing the players. GA says he never reads forums so he is completely oblivious of the fans view and a boycott would show him .
Boycott on 15:40 - Oct 22 with 1896 viewsandrew1302

A variance of opinion then! I take all the comments on board and just wonder if the players want or don't want the present regime. If they want a change a boycott would be supportive of the players which i agree we need to be. Only hearsay i know but it would appear that the players have stopped, as we all have, buying into GAs constant enthusiasm about how good we are. It is obvious we are not great but if that were accepted and tactically compensated for as much as possible we may have some chance. Truth is to me we will not be competitive in League 1 if we go about playing a style which went out years ago. Football has moved on and there are some good sides in League 1. Booing at the end of the game would generally be taken as against the players which again i agree is not helpful. If there is to be some kind of 'demonstration' perhaps then it needs to be in the form of chants directly against the people we are trying to oust. Ruben needs to 'sort it out' and GA needs to go and my suggestion having read all the comments is that unless a miracle happens after the Leicester game or even during if we are a number down specifically directed chants would best.
Boycott on 16:02 - Oct 22 with 1823 viewsBushRanger82

I'll be there on Saturday. In the, I know unlikely, event the boys start playing like a team, give Leicester a modicum of a game, I want to be there to back them.
I'll stay to the end too, no matter what. I won't boo if we lose in the usual manner, but I won't clap them off, either.
I will be too busy beating a hasty retreat to the White Horse to get pissed.
Boycott on 16:12 - Oct 22 with 1791 viewsdavman

I am not going on Saturday. I can't take any more of the ritual bum gobbing paying over a ton for the "privilege". Call it a boycott if you want.

I am sure that will make ZERO difference, but fair play for suggesting SOMETHING. Everyone else sits back waiting for someone else to suggest something, anything.

Such a crapshoot.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Boycott on 16:18 - Oct 22 with 1771 viewsdmm

Boycott on 13:17 - Oct 22 by flynnbo

Loud tutting and a vigorous shaking of the head is what's required.

I'm not having that. I shall be harumphing and crossing my arms thank you very much.
Boycott on 16:18 - Oct 22 with 1768 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Boycott on 16:12 - Oct 22 by davman

I am not going on Saturday. I can't take any more of the ritual bum gobbing paying over a ton for the "privilege". Call it a boycott if you want.

I am sure that will make ZERO difference, but fair play for suggesting SOMETHING. Everyone else sits back waiting for someone else to suggest something, anything.

Such a crapshoot.

Fan governance? Let people change the course of the club via a vote rather than avoidance?
Boycott on 16:22 - Oct 22 with 1758 viewsessextaxiboy

I will be there , I have never not turned up because we are expected to lose and I won't start now
Boycott on 16:29 - Oct 22 with 1737 viewsCateLeBonR

Just saying "Ruben has to get to grips with the situation and stop being so nice" is meaningless for me. What do you want him to do? Sack Ainsworth and replace him with who? Ditto Hoos and Ramsey and all the others. Sell up? To who? Stop putting money in and fold the club?

There needs to be a proper plan to get us out of this mess. I don't know what the answer is but stamping you feet and waving your fists in the air won't achieve anything I'm afraid.
Boycott on 16:40 - Oct 22 with 1695 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Boycott on 16:29 - Oct 22 by CateLeBonR

Just saying "Ruben has to get to grips with the situation and stop being so nice" is meaningless for me. What do you want him to do? Sack Ainsworth and replace him with who? Ditto Hoos and Ramsey and all the others. Sell up? To who? Stop putting money in and fold the club?

There needs to be a proper plan to get us out of this mess. I don't know what the answer is but stamping you feet and waving your fists in the air won't achieve anything I'm afraid.

I want to see him kick a kitten in the centre circle at half time
Login to get fewer ads

Boycott on 16:41 - Oct 22 with 1695 viewsguitarzan

We boot out the owners. Nobody wants to buy us cos we’re losing 2 million a week, we go bust. Who are you going to support then, Fulham, Brentford, Wimbledon. Or maybe just go shopping every Saturday afternoon instead. Go to the Leicester game, support the team until we’re a few goals down and then show your disapproval, Leicester must be praying that we turn on the team early on.
Boycott on 17:00 - Oct 22 with 1644 viewstraininvain

Boycott on 16:41 - Oct 22 by guitarzan

We boot out the owners. Nobody wants to buy us cos we’re losing 2 million a week, we go bust. Who are you going to support then, Fulham, Brentford, Wimbledon. Or maybe just go shopping every Saturday afternoon instead. Go to the Leicester game, support the team until we’re a few goals down and then show your disapproval, Leicester must be praying that we turn on the team early on.

I see your point but somehow I doubt that Leicester are too concerned!
Boycott on 17:14 - Oct 22 with 1607 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

It's going to be toxic, either the players, manager or owners are going to cop it at the next home game when it goes pear shaped after 5 minutes.

All of them deserve it.

No to a boycott, but I will give them all pelters as I pay my money.
Boycott on 17:22 - Oct 22 with 1583 viewsE15Hoop

Boycott on 16:29 - Oct 22 by CateLeBonR

Well worth a visit to one of the other threads on this site (I forget which one it is now, as there are currently a fair few talking about this), where Clive makes the point that relegation is quite possibly not the disaster from the ownership's perspective that we're all acting like it would be from ours.
I had long thought that selling up was not anywhere on the current ownership's agenda, but with the recent article suggesting that we've been openly courting new investors, plus Richard Reilly increasing his stake in the club not long before Uncle Tony sold his, then maybe in this case two and two actually does make four.
If that is the case, then keeping the DoF position open, and not rushing to sack the current manager who the co-Chairman has personally appointed actually makes perfect sense and will continue to make perfect sense, regardless of our league status.
You might think that selling the club whilst we're in the Championship might be easier, but not necessarily if the League One P&L rules aren't as stringent.
Boycott on 17:43 - Oct 22 with 1529 viewsGloucs_R

I'm not going to games until things improve.

My boys don't want to go anymore. They'd rather go watch Gloucester Rugby.

They're slowing killing this club. Be it today or in 20 years, it could die. How many younger fans want to come and watch this? In an old stadium with poor facilities.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2023 18:38]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Boycott on 17:45 - Oct 22 with 1518 viewsNewBee

When our chums at Fulham got slightly disconcerted by the new ticket price increases at the Cottage, they wrote a strongly worded letter to their owner:
https://www.fulhamsupporterstrust.com/news/2023/04/open-letter-to-shahid-khan/

Personally I find it hard to believe that that didn't do the trick, but seemingly not, so they have now escalated to the next level:
https://thefsa.org.uk/news/fulham-fans-call-for-protest-over-ticket-prices/

At this rate, we can expect a rush on pitchforks and flammable torches in SW6 in another decade or two? (That's if they've any money left by then to buy them, that is).
Boycott on 18:19 - Oct 22 with 1460 viewsstowmarketrange

Boycott on 17:45 - Oct 22 by NewBee

When our chums at Fulham got slightly disconcerted by the new ticket price increases at the Cottage, they wrote a strongly worded letter to their owner:
https://www.fulhamsupporterstrust.com/news/2023/04/open-letter-to-shahid-khan/

Personally I find it hard to believe that that didn't do the trick, but seemingly not, so they have now escalated to the next level:
https://thefsa.org.uk/news/fulham-fans-call-for-protest-over-ticket-prices/

At this rate, we can expect a rush on pitchforks and flammable torches in SW6 in another decade or two? (That's if they've any money left by then to buy them, that is).

How appropriate that Fulham fans are meeting by a tea house.Is the wine bar closed?
Boycott on 18:25 - Oct 22 with 1448 viewsdaveB

If you are going to do a boycott, protest or something like that there has to be an aim other than can you stop being shit please

Last year it was all about getting rid of Les Ferdinand, Tony Fernandes and Lee Hoos but with no real alternative suggested, not sure who we want rid of now, is it the manager, owners, Hoos or everyone.
Boycott on 18:55 - Oct 22 with 1381 viewsQuite_Possibly_Ropey

Boycott on 17:22 - Oct 22 by E15Hoop

Well worth a visit to one of the other threads on this site (I forget which one it is now, as there are currently a fair few talking about this), where Clive makes the point that relegation is quite possibly not the disaster from the ownership's perspective that we're all acting like it would be from ours.
I had long thought that selling up was not anywhere on the current ownership's agenda, but with the recent article suggesting that we've been openly courting new investors, plus Richard Reilly increasing his stake in the club not long before Uncle Tony sold his, then maybe in this case two and two actually does make four.
If that is the case, then keeping the DoF position open, and not rushing to sack the current manager who the co-Chairman has personally appointed actually makes perfect sense and will continue to make perfect sense, regardless of our league status.
You might think that selling the club whilst we're in the Championship might be easier, but not necessarily if the League One P&L rules aren't as stringent.

E15 is spot on here.

Last season I was one of the weird few who didn't think that relegation would be the end of the world. Mainly because, for some time now, we have looked like a side that needed something seismic to happen to force real change. Clear the decks (this has been required for 3 years by the way) and start again. Many point to the examples of Sunderland and Ipswich who went down, cleared the decks and came back stronger (eventually)

That being said, both those clubs faced their tribulations in league 1 so it isn't ever an easy road, or potential solution to problems. We could quite easily end up struggling in the league below if a clear plan is not devised and followed through - something we have been unable to do since the 4 year plan days.

Sadly, staying up last season just feels like a stay of execution, with the axe firmly coming down on us this season.
Boycott on 19:06 - Oct 22 with 1337 viewsRangersw12

Boycott on 18:25 - Oct 22 by daveB

If you are going to do a boycott, protest or something like that there has to be an aim other than can you stop being shit please

Last year it was all about getting rid of Les Ferdinand, Tony Fernandes and Lee Hoos but with no real alternative suggested, not sure who we want rid of now, is it the manager, owners, Hoos or everyone.

Ainsworth and Hoos to start with

Ideally new owners but as been mentioned before there isn't exactly a queue of people willing to put money into this bottomless pit
Boycott on 19:51 - Oct 22 with 1257 viewsdavman

Boycott on 16:18 - Oct 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Fan governance? Let people change the course of the club via a vote rather than avoidance?

Nah, someone has to stump up the cash as owner and will make the decisions. You know I'd say that 'cos fan governance / ownership is your thing - not gonna work here as we can't even agree anything between ourselves on this forum.

If these "people" can stump up the cash to get rid of the circus AND can maintain the club whilst managing it by committee, let them come forward otherwise it is just a fanciful dream.

Proper owners with proper funds and proper business acumen bringing in proper football people maybe, just maybe with no f**king previous affiliation with QPR so we don't ruin their reputation when they fail.

No idea who, no idea whether they are out there, but f-me we need someone like that WAY more than "mobilising" this fan base to try and take it on.

If you have some people in mind, suggest them; if not, you keep dreaming whilst others get on with real life.

You'll be wanting unilateral nuclear disarmament next -

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Boycott on 20:14 - Oct 22 with 1192 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Boycott on 19:51 - Oct 22 by davman

Nah, someone has to stump up the cash as owner and will make the decisions. You know I'd say that 'cos fan governance / ownership is your thing - not gonna work here as we can't even agree anything between ourselves on this forum.

If these "people" can stump up the cash to get rid of the circus AND can maintain the club whilst managing it by committee, let them come forward otherwise it is just a fanciful dream.

Proper owners with proper funds and proper business acumen bringing in proper football people maybe, just maybe with no f**king previous affiliation with QPR so we don't ruin their reputation when they fail.

No idea who, no idea whether they are out there, but f-me we need someone like that WAY more than "mobilising" this fan base to try and take it on.

If you have some people in mind, suggest them; if not, you keep dreaming whilst others get on with real life.

You'll be wanting unilateral nuclear disarmament next -

It was a comment on ‘no one is suggesting anything else’ really. I won’t go I to the rest of it.
Boycott on 20:17 - Oct 22 with 1183 viewsjoe90

Boycott on 18:55 - Oct 22 by Quite_Possibly_Ropey

E15 is spot on here.

Last season I was one of the weird few who didn't think that relegation would be the end of the world. Mainly because, for some time now, we have looked like a side that needed something seismic to happen to force real change. Clear the decks (this has been required for 3 years by the way) and start again. Many point to the examples of Sunderland and Ipswich who went down, cleared the decks and came back stronger (eventually)

That being said, both those clubs faced their tribulations in league 1 so it isn't ever an easy road, or potential solution to problems. We could quite easily end up struggling in the league below if a clear plan is not devised and followed through - something we have been unable to do since the 4 year plan days.

Sadly, staying up last season just feels like a stay of execution, with the axe firmly coming down on us this season.

I felt and feel the same.

Reform hasn’t worked and now it’s time for a significant reset. As frustrating/depressing as it is to see the club/team in this state, I don’t believe there’s a grand conspiracy, it’s simply a fact of us not being very good.

I understand why some fans want to boycott, we’re seeing a horrible combination of trying to play crap football and losing. It’s a thoroughly joyless experience.

For me what would make stop going is the crappy music we play before the game and that really depressing poem (yes, I know the guy who wrote it died and that he was a QPR fan) but it doesn’t set the tone for a competitive football match. Nor does the choice of music. It’s embarrassing and further compounds the misery of Ainsworth’s football. To an extent, I can accept crap football. There are so many variables, but the state of the match day is unacceptable and it’s got nothing to do with having an old stadium.

It’s time for the club to have a major reset. It won’t be enough sacking Ainsworth, but it might be the catalyst to bigger and much needed change around the club.
Boycott on 20:24 - Oct 22 with 1168 viewsPeterHucker

But coming back to same point again, what are we actually protesting against?
To use the traditional chant of various protest movements.... "What do we want?"

Are we asking for Gareth to be given the boot?
For the owners to f*ck off?
As I said earlier on this thread, they'd need someone to be interested in buying the club first?

So what's the protest about?
Without a clear aim/ objective, any protest is pointless.
Boycott on 20:31 - Oct 22 with 1141 viewsBakes

Boycott on 20:17 - Oct 22 by joe90

I felt and feel the same.

Reform hasn’t worked and now it’s time for a significant reset. As frustrating/depressing as it is to see the club/team in this state, I don’t believe there’s a grand conspiracy, it’s simply a fact of us not being very good.

I understand why some fans want to boycott, we’re seeing a horrible combination of trying to play crap football and losing. It’s a thoroughly joyless experience.

For me what would make stop going is the crappy music we play before the game and that really depressing poem (yes, I know the guy who wrote it died and that he was a QPR fan) but it doesn’t set the tone for a competitive football match. Nor does the choice of music. It’s embarrassing and further compounds the misery of Ainsworth’s football. To an extent, I can accept crap football. There are so many variables, but the state of the match day is unacceptable and it’s got nothing to do with having an old stadium.

It’s time for the club to have a major reset. It won’t be enough sacking Ainsworth, but it might be the catalyst to bigger and much needed change around the club.

Have to agree, the whole experience is awful now, arrive at train station and your normally faced with strikes or a delayed service, getting to the stadium is a lottery to see if your ticket will scan at the turnstile, queue for a £7 bottle off camel pi$$ then cram into your seat, have your ears bludgeoned by a depressing poem and god awful music from a blown speaker for 20 mins before kick off and within 8 mins we’re losing.

Anyway, see you all on Saturday to do it all over again.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Boycott on 20:52 - Oct 22 with 1073 viewscolinallcars

I can resist anything but temptation. I'll be there as per usual.
Boycott on 21:01 - Oct 22 with 1040 viewsCateLeBonR

Thanks E15. I had noticed that RR's Cincinnati FC have made a good start to their season. Last time I looked they were rock bottom. Good to have him on board 👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024