Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor Richards 14:45 - Oct 19 with 10745 viewsQPRConor2000

I honestly dont know what is going on with Taylor.

Hes only played once this season, and hes not even in the team photo.

I know hes played a few development games, but apart from that hes been nowhere to be seen.

Its not doing him or the club any good.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2023 14:50]
Taylor Richards on 14:41 - Oct 20 with 2385 viewsdmm

Richards can be spotted in the latest set of training pics on the offy.
Taylor Richards on 14:54 - Oct 20 with 2363 viewsderbyhoop

Taylor Richards on 16:24 - Oct 19 by Padulas_Shampoo

That site has Begovic and Cook earning £62k a week between them. You saw that and went on to believe the Taylor Richards salary was trustworthy?

If any player is earning 15k per week at QPR I'd be shocked. And given the performances, horrified.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Taylor Richards on 15:11 - Oct 20 with 2294 viewsAntti_Heinola

Taylor Richards on 13:52 - Oct 20 by Watford_Ranger

A good gambler knows when to take a loss and he’s the best gambler in the world

no arguments there, but the 'he saw us coming' thing is a bit rich when he paid loads more for him in the first place.

Bare bones.

Taylor Richards on 15:12 - Oct 20 with 2290 viewsQPunkR

Taylor Richards on 14:41 - Oct 20 by dmm

Richards can be spotted in the latest set of training pics on the offy.

Laces done up good and tight?

QPR - "shit but local"

Taylor Richards on 15:13 - Oct 20 with 2279 viewsWatford_Ranger

Taylor Richards on 08:07 - Oct 20 by Hayesender

This. I guarantee his "mental health" issues haven't stopped him playing billy big boy on nights out with his mates.

Sometimes people are just wrong-uns. I'd be inclined to put him under this category, along with the likes of Leon Jeanne

I’m not disagreeing at all and most likely you’re right.

But when I had a pretty dreadful bout of depression I’d still get dragged out on nights out by mates who thought it was what I needed, went to football because it felt like the normal thing to try and do (the 3-3 at Reading was a second of bliss before returning to reality) etc. so it is possible. Every case is different but I watched him pretty closely at Watford (I was behind the dugouts with a Watford mate) and he just looked like the stereotypically not arsed footballer (along with Willock).
Taylor Richards on 15:38 - Oct 20 with 2220 viewsHayesender

Taylor Richards on 15:13 - Oct 20 by Watford_Ranger

I’m not disagreeing at all and most likely you’re right.

But when I had a pretty dreadful bout of depression I’d still get dragged out on nights out by mates who thought it was what I needed, went to football because it felt like the normal thing to try and do (the 3-3 at Reading was a second of bliss before returning to reality) etc. so it is possible. Every case is different but I watched him pretty closely at Watford (I was behind the dugouts with a Watford mate) and he just looked like the stereotypically not arsed footballer (along with Willock).

Oh look I hear ya. I have days when the thought of getting out of bed and leaving the house cripples me. But in the world of normal employment, if I told my employer I was unfit for work, and was then seen gallivanting on social media with my mates, I don't think I'd be employed for too long

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Taylor Richards on 16:03 - Oct 20 with 2163 viewsLongRanger

What I find most strange is the absolute lack of inside info on it, normally something gets out, but it seems there is only guesswork. Being so tight, makes me wonder if there is a legal battle ongoing to sack him, supports why he's training but not playing... or that they have found a way to fine him every week he fails to show up, for example. I have no idea, only guessing like everyone else, but mental health reasoning don't quite stack up, as I think the club would be putting out more positive messages on it if it was, to show how good they are for supporting him. Probably all wrong though and another guess for the pile.
Taylor Richards on 16:17 - Oct 20 with 2120 viewsNorthernr

Taylor Richards on 16:03 - Oct 20 by LongRanger

What I find most strange is the absolute lack of inside info on it, normally something gets out, but it seems there is only guesswork. Being so tight, makes me wonder if there is a legal battle ongoing to sack him, supports why he's training but not playing... or that they have found a way to fine him every week he fails to show up, for example. I have no idea, only guessing like everyone else, but mental health reasoning don't quite stack up, as I think the club would be putting out more positive messages on it if it was, to show how good they are for supporting him. Probably all wrong though and another guess for the pile.

It's interesting, when we do interviews down there, or you go to meetings and forums etc, there's obviously always a bit of chat before and after the mic goes on and that's often where the most interesting stuff gets said. This is the case in every industry and every interview I've ever done by the way, not just QPR. Warburton would always tell you three or four things "I can't really say on tape" after you'd finished, to sort of help press his case on something or try and make me aware how much bolox I was talking about one thing or another. I've never known a topic that has everybody, to a man, clam up and say nothing like bringing up Taylor Richards.
Login to get fewer ads

Taylor Richards on 16:24 - Oct 20 with 2097 viewsLongRanger

Taylor Richards on 16:17 - Oct 20 by Northernr

It's interesting, when we do interviews down there, or you go to meetings and forums etc, there's obviously always a bit of chat before and after the mic goes on and that's often where the most interesting stuff gets said. This is the case in every industry and every interview I've ever done by the way, not just QPR. Warburton would always tell you three or four things "I can't really say on tape" after you'd finished, to sort of help press his case on something or try and make me aware how much bolox I was talking about one thing or another. I've never known a topic that has everybody, to a man, clam up and say nothing like bringing up Taylor Richards.

That's incredible, I guess it will come out one day, but really strange
Taylor Richards on 16:29 - Oct 20 with 2071 viewsWatford_Ranger

Taylor Richards on 15:38 - Oct 20 by Hayesender

Oh look I hear ya. I have days when the thought of getting out of bed and leaving the house cripples me. But in the world of normal employment, if I told my employer I was unfit for work, and was then seen gallivanting on social media with my mates, I don't think I'd be employed for too long

Yep can’t argue with that.
Taylor Richards on 16:31 - Oct 20 with 2060 viewsWatford_Ranger

Taylor Richards on 16:17 - Oct 20 by Northernr

Weird. Is he training? Sounds like a bit of a Joleon Lescott at Wolves situation.
Taylor Richards on 16:41 - Oct 20 with 2030 viewsNorthernr

Taylor Richards on 16:31 - Oct 20 by Watford_Ranger

Weird. Is he training? Sounds like a bit of a Joleon Lescott at Wolves situation.

He is...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/october/20/gallery--setting-our-sights-on-the-te
Taylor Richards on 17:26 - Oct 20 with 1966 viewsWatford_Ranger

Taylor Richards on 16:41 - Oct 20 by Northernr

He is...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/october/20/gallery--setting-our-sights-on-the-te

Even weirder then.

But if he’s a bad apple I prefer GA’s approach to a Redknapp “just put the most talented XI out there and let ‘em play”.
Taylor Richards on 00:34 - Oct 21 with 1680 viewsnumptydumpty

SWP hardly played for couple of seasons.

Everyone knew he had the ability to be brilliant but wasn't anywhere near the squad and was reportedly on a 65k per week contract over six years.

I can't remember greatly the backdrop to it.

Mental health was not suggested in the way bit has been for Taylor Richards.

SWP impossible to get rid of at the time but a waste of a squad place.

Heard him in recent interviews. Certainly not an unhappy man today, it seems.

Richards, though has never really performed on the pitch for anyone as yet, but to still be arounds and about, suggest to me, could be wrong though, but to me perhaps the club still believe he could achieve.

I think personally with Taylor, he currently lacking in focus, determination and concentration. I have seen in glimpses his technical ability, but the other sides of his game are simply absent and the drive to succeed despite the odds is not seen to me, as yet and I fear, he will not be a professional footballer in two years time. In reality he has yet to be a pro, the wages apart.

There are a few more laws these days that protect employees more around Disability Discrimination and being a public organisation the decisions can be very transparent so there probably is extra care and due diligence offered to staff.

In the real world, he ashold be gone.

But QPR is not a real world environment.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Taylor Richards on 05:43 - Oct 21 with 1582 viewsHooping_Mad

Taylor Richards on 10:07 - Oct 20 by Superhoops2808

Here's hoping you never suffer mental health issues and get binned off by your work

Are we suggesting his issues only started after he signed his contract?

He's done nothing since he arrived, nothing. I think he may in fact be more than a little dishonest and his Instagram suggests the doubters may be right after all.

Mental health is a serious matter, one Taylor doesn't seem to be working on to hard.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Taylor Richards on 07:17 - Oct 21 with 1479 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Taylor Richards on 00:34 - Oct 21 by numptydumpty

SWP hardly played for couple of seasons.

Everyone knew he had the ability to be brilliant but wasn't anywhere near the squad and was reportedly on a 65k per week contract over six years.

I can't remember greatly the backdrop to it.

Mental health was not suggested in the way bit has been for Taylor Richards.

SWP impossible to get rid of at the time but a waste of a squad place.

Heard him in recent interviews. Certainly not an unhappy man today, it seems.

Richards, though has never really performed on the pitch for anyone as yet, but to still be arounds and about, suggest to me, could be wrong though, but to me perhaps the club still believe he could achieve.

I think personally with Taylor, he currently lacking in focus, determination and concentration. I have seen in glimpses his technical ability, but the other sides of his game are simply absent and the drive to succeed despite the odds is not seen to me, as yet and I fear, he will not be a professional footballer in two years time. In reality he has yet to be a pro, the wages apart.

There are a few more laws these days that protect employees more around Disability Discrimination and being a public organisation the decisions can be very transparent so there probably is extra care and due diligence offered to staff.

In the real world, he ashold be gone.

But QPR is not a real world environment.

Six years?

Not sure where you’re getting that from. He was 29 when he signed and left after 4 years so six years seems completely fictional.

Sorry don’t mean to be pedantic but I do feel it’s worth fact checking especially when inferring criticism. I think it’s more likely he signed a 3 year deal and he himself had an option for a fourth year extension.
Taylor Richards on 10:11 - Oct 21 with 1217 viewsSuperhoops2808

Taylor Richards on 05:43 - Oct 21 by Hooping_Mad

Are we suggesting his issues only started after he signed his contract?

He's done nothing since he arrived, nothing. I think he may in fact be more than a little dishonest and his Instagram suggests the doubters may be right after all.

Mental health is a serious matter, one Taylor doesn't seem to be working on to hard.

Ultimately I guess none of us here know when it started we are all just guessing.

My response was to the dismissive way someone was towards MHI and the way the club should deal with it

I hate calling people dishonest because we are not in possession of the facts and I am not on Instagram either.

MH comes in so many different forms and the club whilst has to be confidential towards the player and his alleged condition they are not helping the issue because the silence is creating more speculation.

Here is hoping he comes through eventually and is our POTY but like you and others I am not holding my breath
Taylor Richards on 10:21 - Oct 21 with 1183 viewsconnell10

Lets be honest , we only sign players no one else wants , thus we end up with the dross plying its trade at Rangers at the moment!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Taylor Richards on 12:56 - Oct 21 with 1030 viewsLazyFan

By pure guesswork ...

If he is fit and not physically injured, it might be a mental health challenge.

If there are no off-the-record comments by anyone, this may also indicate mental health challenges. If anyone leaked it, they would be in serious trouble not only at QPR but for their career as well. Hence, I think (with zero facts) that it is that.

If that is the case, eventually, he will have to decide, push on with his life or continue to lose the fight against his challenges and the consequences this will have on his football career. QPR can support him on that, but not forever; eventually, QPR will have to decide, too.

Back in training with the 1st teamers is a good sign. Playing more development games prior to first team sub is another. We have not seen many of these, so we shall see.

My guess is this won't end well, but happy to be a doubter proved wrong.

zzzzzzzzzz

Taylor Richards on 13:04 - Oct 21 with 1002 viewsNushnool

Probably just chronic lack of professionalism, isn't it?

Maybe there's no news from the club because this management are less inclined to create a scapegoat or deflect attention for their own bad performances than say Redknapp was.
Taylor Richards on 14:10 - Oct 21 with 888 viewsnumptydumpty

Taylor Richards on 07:17 - Oct 21 by Padulas_Shampoo

Six years?

Not sure where you’re getting that from. He was 29 when he signed and left after 4 years so six years seems completely fictional.

Sorry don’t mean to be pedantic but I do feel it’s worth fact checking especially when inferring criticism. I think it’s more likely he signed a 3 year deal and he himself had an option for a fourth year extension.

29 is an age you should be at your peak .

Pretty certain he was on very long term contract if it was four five or six years, he was on a massive amount per week and for at least two seasons was hardly even on the bench.

I can't remember myself though from back then what reasons were given for his constant non selection.

Heard Redknapp never ever spoke to him.

But he was absent player for a great deal of time and as said can't remember the spiel spun ie why he was never selected.

Was just doing compare and contrast really. But could not remember at the time why he wasn't selected ie I don't think mental health was offered as an explanation.

The level of contract length I believed to be six years. Perhaps then we cut our losses after four and was suggesting if it was feasible we could do the same with Richards. Because he doesn't have a future here at all.

That's one thing I am sadly sure of.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024