Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 17:14 - Sep 30 with 129465 viewsGloucs_R

Needs to be a discussion had.....

The squad we've got are not bottom 3.

We're getting tactically outmanoeuvred at home almost every time we play.

It's not a lack of experience in the team anymore. A lack of firepower, possibly, but we should be better than this.

Edit, perhaps I should have said our starting xi are not bottom 3. I agree, the overall squad is poor.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 17:29]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 20:48 - Oct 7 with 3855 viewsGloucs_R

"we're going to Surprise a few people this season"

🙄

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 21:07 - Oct 7 with 3715 viewsLblock

Ainsworth on 20:43 - Oct 7 by Lblock

I’m not calling for GA’s head

Only because I said I wouldn’t no matter how bad it got

However to answer your question(s) I would propose :-

Warnock and his team come in — all of them are wealthy in their own rights and I’m sure can survive without a monthly wage

They are awarded a “signing on bonus” but this is deferred by six months

Likewise, in their Contracts sit a safety bonus payable on a deferred basis plus also incremental award for every place above the dreaded drop line.

Weekly wage of a small amount is payable

Current “management and coaching” set up are put on gardening leave until such a time as whatever termination payments become payable by budget constraints

Alternative to deferred payments would be become shareholders with a debenture payable in future

DoF position? When do I start????

Amortisation of players Contracts in the above fashion seems to work for Chelscum

However we’d probably be awarded a fine double of what we got last time

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ainsworth on 21:15 - Oct 7 with 3667 viewsaston_hoop

Constantly under Ainsworth we have looked shapeless, we have looked disorganised, we have looked static. We don't look like we have any gameplan, any idea what we want to do. Today especially, we were constantly being carved open. The players have no clue what they are supposed to be doing. What was Ainsworth's in game-management for that? Nothing at all until 4-0 down. Compared to say that game v Barnsley under Warbs where we went 2-0 down and he made 2 subs on 30 minutes and we drew 2-2. We need someone who is first and foremost a tactician and a coach. I know people like to think we need some kind of 'proper football man' to come and scream at the lads and then suddenly we will start winning Championship games. We wont. Teams win games in the Championship because they either have ridiculous players for the level or because they are incredibly well drilled (see the likes of Luton last year, Coventry, even Blackburn today). I'm convinced the mental side of our squad will improve far more when we have a squad of players who know their role, understand the gameplan and can use that to win games. I really don't think its about someone who can put an arm around the player and say its ok, I certainly don't believe its about someone who can call our players lazy c***s, I think its about someone who can help our players play football at their best level by putting together coherent gameplans. Our next appointment needs to be shrewd, it needs to be someone who can do that, someone who can look at our squad and work with them to get the best out of them. Someone who is first and foremost, a training ground manager

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ainsworth on 22:04 - Oct 7 with 3495 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/october/07/ainsworth-post-blackburn/

GA's interview post today. He looks hugely frustrated and properly angry. Rightly so. What is concerning is that it does appear that his remit is simply to keep us in this division rather than anything else at all. That became very clear.

The remit is, you have nothing, we'll gibe you nothing and the deal is we don't get relegated.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ainsworth on 22:11 - Oct 7 with 3422 viewswortonr

Gareth says there is no quick fix.
Sadly, I can think of one.
Ainsworth on 22:14 - Oct 7 with 3401 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I didn't see the game today, but I admire his ability to face the cameras and to stay positive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ainsworth on 22:31 - Oct 7 with 3313 viewsted_hendrix

Ainsworth on 22:04 - Oct 7 by bosh67

GA's interview post today. He looks hugely frustrated and properly angry. Rightly so. What is concerning is that it does appear that his remit is simply to keep us in this division rather than anything else at all. That became very clear.

The remit is, you have nothing, we'll gibe you nothing and the deal is we don't get relegated.

Just read that,It's just the same old regurgitated nonsense that he waffles after each loss.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ainsworth on 22:40 - Oct 7 with 3195 viewsstainrods_elbow

Ainsworth on 22:12 - Oct 6 by Wilkinswatercarrier

But don't all managers want to splash the cash as they know they are only 3 or 4 loses from the sack. They want the best chance of success to protect themselves, not the club.

If we want a manager that only coaches you need a strong DoF, who will control the board aswell as the manager. There is buy in across the club then.
Back to that Brentford philosophy again, damn.

Not sure I follow. Spending money is, obviously, no guarantee of success - cf. Chelsea and Manure. And surely it's a wheeler-dealer type rather than a 'purer' coach that necessitates, if anything, a DoF to say no to him once in a while, and ensure some kind of recruitment consistency. (Not that this has remotely worked for us.)

Football, and footballers, are not complex. Bring through, train or recruit a group of talented and committed players, set them up in a clear and coherent pattern, give them the structure and confidence to play, and tweak your tactics as you go along. Have a vision of what you want and where you're going, and allow enough time to get there.

Instead, modern pro football has become a manic-depressive, cheating and hysterical industry run, far too often, by incompetents and idiots, in which our role is that of suspiciously sentimentalised mugs (probably heading for L1 in our case).
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 22:49]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on 22:45 - Oct 7 with 3173 viewsstainrods_elbow

Ainsworth on 21:15 - Oct 7 by aston_hoop

Constantly under Ainsworth we have looked shapeless, we have looked disorganised, we have looked static. We don't look like we have any gameplan, any idea what we want to do. Today especially, we were constantly being carved open. The players have no clue what they are supposed to be doing. What was Ainsworth's in game-management for that? Nothing at all until 4-0 down. Compared to say that game v Barnsley under Warbs where we went 2-0 down and he made 2 subs on 30 minutes and we drew 2-2. We need someone who is first and foremost a tactician and a coach. I know people like to think we need some kind of 'proper football man' to come and scream at the lads and then suddenly we will start winning Championship games. We wont. Teams win games in the Championship because they either have ridiculous players for the level or because they are incredibly well drilled (see the likes of Luton last year, Coventry, even Blackburn today). I'm convinced the mental side of our squad will improve far more when we have a squad of players who know their role, understand the gameplan and can use that to win games. I really don't think its about someone who can put an arm around the player and say its ok, I certainly don't believe its about someone who can call our players lazy c***s, I think its about someone who can help our players play football at their best level by putting together coherent gameplans. Our next appointment needs to be shrewd, it needs to be someone who can do that, someone who can look at our squad and work with them to get the best out of them. Someone who is first and foremost, a training ground manager

Agree with that summation - it's hard not to. Sinton on comms was continually bemoaning (i) the lack of attacking movement/options and (ii) failure of our players to get close enough to theirs across the pitch. Post-match, Ainsworht's interview was scarily bereft of ideas, other than he was going to 'battle' on as if working harder is the answer! It's amateurish, repetitive, and the primitive worst of Englishness.

We need playmakers, clever players, and shrewd tacticians in the dugout, just as you say. How much sharper, brighter and more incisive does just about every team that rocks up at HW look than our shambling, zombiefied shower these days!

Ainsworth on 22:47 - Oct 7 with 3164 viewsstainrods_elbow

Ainsworth on 22:14 - Oct 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I didn't see the game today, but I admire his ability to face the cameras and to stay positive.

I'd say it's the opposite - as is the case for many one-sided idealists, all his optimism and cheeriness is basically a defence against his underlying blackness and bleakness, which managing our basketcase of a club has now brutally exposed. If he's not gone this w/end, sadly, the clock is surely ticking louder by the day.

Ainsworth on 22:48 - Oct 7 with 3151 viewsstainrods_elbow

Ainsworth on 22:04 - Oct 7 by bosh67

Is he also angry with himself and his apparently thick-as-shit sidekick Dobson?

Ainsworth on 02:55 - Oct 8 with 2918 viewsNov77

Jeez, one stat after another, all of them jaw-droppingly terrible…..

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Ainsworth on 03:40 - Oct 8 with 2873 viewsMatch82

Ainsworth on 02:55 - Oct 8 by Nov77

Jeez, one stat after another, all of them jaw-droppingly terrible…..

Good grief that might be the worst one yet
Ainsworth on 06:31 - Oct 8 with 2750 viewsQPROslo

Ainsworth on 20:24 - Oct 7 by numptydumpty

How can it be possible to replace Ainsworth.

We would have to pay off his contract and then offer an extreme minimal contract as money is so tight this season under FFP, we have zero money to spend.

So exactly who are we able to get ???

None of the names bandied around would wish to come here for two reasons.

1. We would have to pay them minimum wage almost.

2. No new players in or out. Its an unbelievably poisoned chalice. I doubt anyone managing could change this squad into a success and with the set up as is, it's almost got to be someone from non league status.

Be surprised as not sure how he can be replaced this season without going over FFP.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 20:24]

I think the FFP situation maybe the big issue that is going to keep GA in his job this season but we don't know the details on our FFP to know really. We look bang on candidates for relegation now so perhaps a desperate and immediate change of Manager is going to have to be made. If they'll come in (very doutful) Warburton for the longer term or Warnock short term are the known available candidates for me. We'd probably have been way better off appointing Jan Dahl Tommassen instead of Beale 15 months ago, but that ship has gone.
Ainsworth on 06:52 - Oct 8 with 2707 viewscaptainmycaptian

Irrespective of what GA was left with this fact allone should have beem enough to set of massive alarms about what he is capable of. If we were keeping clean sheet regularly and being difficult to beat then yes improvements. I think it would be better to go down fighting than just get rolled over by teams that really are not all that. As a manager if you see a problem (no goals which puts huge pressure on the defence) then you need to chamge something. Play chair behind the forward in the pocket try 2 up front. I am not a tactian but as a manager things need to be addressed yes no money but this is not acceptable end of.
Ainsworth on 08:15 - Oct 8 with 2526 viewsdmm

Yesterday we went downstairs before half time at 0-2 to get a beer. We stayed downstairs chatting into the second half, heard the 3rd then 4th goals going in and witnessed the droves of people leaving. We left ourselves long before the final whistle. I never do this.

As others have said, it was Watford all over again. A performance utterly devoid of anything to give us hope of escaping the drop this season.
Ainsworth and Dobson do not have what it takes to keep us in this division. They have to go.
Ainsworth on 08:33 - Oct 8 with 2452 viewsthemodfather

went to bar around 35 mins, the beer didn;t numb the scoreline and left at 3-0 having not gone back up...going down SAR heard the 4th and by then white city tube was like rush hour as many had left early. what more does the board need to see ? or hear? this team is weak, clueless , can't score so can't win , we defend poorly if at all , cos we keep conceding and blackburn cut thru us easily every attack , complete surrender .
how has a decision not been made cos it is coming because this isn't turning around soon and if left we could be adrift .
Ainsworth on 08:38 - Oct 8 with 2416 viewsDejR_vu

Ainsworth on 21:15 - Oct 7 by aston_hoop

Agree 100% but until the people making these decisions stop making decisions we’re just going to get more of the same; disaster after disaster, crisis after crisis. Benevolent incompetents.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ainsworth on 08:42 - Oct 8 with 2392 viewsdistortR

Ainsworth on 22:14 - Oct 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Ha ha, Chemical Ainsworth
Ainsworth on 08:48 - Oct 8 with 2333 viewsdistortR

Ainsworth on 22:31 - Oct 7 by ted_hendrix

Just read that,It's just the same old regurgitated nonsense that he waffles after each loss.

"Chat gpt, We've just lost 4-0 at home to Blackburn. F'cking Blackburn! Write me a post-match interview in the style of a reassuring incompetent".
Ainsworth on 09:11 - Oct 8 with 2195 viewsdmm

Ainsworth on 08:38 - Oct 8 by DejR_vu

Agree 100% but until the people making these decisions stop making decisions we’re just going to get more of the same; disaster after disaster, crisis after crisis. Benevolent incompetents.

Sadly, I suspect your term, "benevolent incompetents", will be precisely the way our owners are remembered once they've moved on.

Indeed, the result of their time at QPR could well end with the ignominious achievement of having taken over when we were in the Premier League to departing when we are in the 1st Division.
Ainsworth on 09:20 - Oct 8 with 2132 viewsPastCaringNW2

An appeasement appointment has appeasement consequences.

The club's endless fueling of nostalgia for 67, 76, 82, 04 is also part of the problem or rather an exercise in distraction. Forever Rs is a beautiful thing but also has a role in keeping people docile.

We needed a forward-thinking strategy, heavy on data and Individualised coaching with a high degree of risk-reward. We got the Dad Rock strategy instead complete with the endless repackaging of the back catalogue.

Right now we would struggle to get a Luke Garrard or even a Gareth Taylor ( speaking of nostalgia! ) to come here. Emma Hayes probably wouldn't even take the meeting.

Still you can always buy a 96 relegation season away shirt to cheer yourself up and all those home defeats now feel depressingly familiar. And dare.I say that was another season when owners were looking to get out from under at the least possible expense to themselves.

And we let Warbs go for this???
Ainsworth on 09:27 - Oct 8 with 2080 viewsBlue_Castello

Ainsworth on 06:31 - Oct 8 by QPROslo

I think the FFP situation maybe the big issue that is going to keep GA in his job this season but we don't know the details on our FFP to know really. We look bang on candidates for relegation now so perhaps a desperate and immediate change of Manager is going to have to be made. If they'll come in (very doutful) Warburton for the longer term or Warnock short term are the known available candidates for me. We'd probably have been way better off appointing Jan Dahl Tommassen instead of Beale 15 months ago, but that ship has gone.

Agreed up until yesterday I was 100% behind Ainsworth and I was getting annoyed with all the people on the board slating him constantly for his tactics, interviews and even appearance, like the majority we all love Ainsworth from his playing days and don't want to see his reputation ruined.

I always felt he needed time and that people were just not giving him that at all BUT yesterday was a complete joke and I've reluctantly accepted he has to go, the team selection, tactics and lack of substitutions were abysmal, everybody around me was truly amazed that he didn't make subs at half time and then waited till the 71st minute to bring on his first sub.
People were screaming at Ainsworth to try something different, make substitutions quicker but he just stood there and watched us get taken apart, Blackburn passed through us for fun they should have had 6 or 7 goals and it would not have flattered them.

The only tactic we have is to punt a long ball up front or give the ball to Illy in the hope he can make something happen, it's just not good enough, the season is still early and we need to make a change before it's too late.

Somebody posted elsewhere it's not Ainsworths fault it's the Board, jeez give me strength they are not picking the team, organising the non existent tactics and the lack of in game management, it comes from the manager nobody else, yup I guess blame them for appointing him.
Ainsworth on 09:42 - Oct 8 with 2005 viewsRangersw12

Can't believe he hasn't been sacked already

Although Amit was playing golf which really sums up our chairman tbh

Anyone know if Hoos was there ?
Ainsworth on 09:45 - Oct 8 with 1975 viewsGaryBannister86

Ainsworth on 09:42 - Oct 8 by Rangersw12

Can't believe he hasn't been sacked already

Although Amit was playing golf which really sums up our chairman tbh

Anyone know if Hoos was there ?

If he isn't sacked today then we really don't have the money to do so or our owners have completely checked out. No manager can survive this, surely?

We desperately need someone new to get the players that we know can play (Chair, Willock, Dykes) playing again. You know, by being radical and playing them in their best positions and not just lumping the ball 10 foot over their heads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024