Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins 18:42 - Aug 3 with 11273 viewsQJumpingJack

officially leaves the club. And the Trust shareholding being diluted.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/club-statement-new-shares-issued
Huw Jenkins on 19:43 - Aug 3 with 6046 viewsReslovenSwan1

Have the Americans bought Huw's remaining shares?

An absolute legend for Swansea city . He deserves a statue.

He resigned preventing Leeds Utd wiping the floor with Swansea over the Dan James sale.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Huw Jenkins on 20:21 - Aug 3 with 5958 viewsQJumpingJack

Huw Jenkins on 19:43 - Aug 3 by ReslovenSwan1

He resigned preventing Leeds Utd wiping the floor with Swansea over the Dan James sale.

he resigned after the transfer collapse - not before.

And his recent interview about his time at the club with new owners is very interesting.
Huw Jenkins on 20:24 - Aug 3 with 5952 viewsRhonddaSwans

I think Huw done alot for us but for some Jacks, I think they would rather the old fulham statue outside.
This is taking the club to the next level Res? more like back to square one!
[Post edited 3 Aug 2023 20:25]

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

Huw Jenkins on 20:35 - Aug 3 with 5895 viewsWhiterockin

Sold out as soon as he could. Nothing to discuss.
Huw Jenkins on 08:34 - Aug 4 with 5569 viewsjojaca

Huw Jenkins on 20:35 - Aug 3 by Whiterockin

Sold out as soon as he could. Nothing to discuss.

Good businessman, sold at the right time. I think fans need to forgive Huw Jenkins, the good he done for the club far outweighs the bad. I will always be grateful for the seven years in Premier League, winning a major trophy and beat Valencia in their own back yard with the style of football we played. We will probably never experience anything close to this again in our lifetimes.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2023 8:35]

Even when you know, you never know?

Huw Jenkins on 08:37 - Aug 4 with 5559 viewsWhiterockin

Huw Jenkins on 08:34 - Aug 4 by jojaca

Good businessman, sold at the right time. I think fans need to forgive Huw Jenkins, the good he done for the club far outweighs the bad. I will always be grateful for the seven years in Premier League, winning a major trophy and beat Valencia in their own back yard with the style of football we played. We will probably never experience anything close to this again in our lifetimes.

Nope.
Huw Jenkins on 08:41 - Aug 4 with 5538 viewsjojaca

Huw Jenkins on 08:37 - Aug 4 by Whiterockin

Nope.

Nothing lasts forever

Even when you know, you never know?

Huw Jenkins on 09:00 - Aug 4 with 5515 viewsWhiterockin

Huw Jenkins on 08:41 - Aug 4 by jojaca

Nothing lasts forever

Sometimes it's not what you do, but the way that you fo it.
Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins on 09:05 - Aug 4 with 5496 viewsTreforys_Jack

Huw Jenkins on 09:00 - Aug 4 by Whiterockin

Exactly this. Some individuals just don't seem to understand or accept this. The vast majority don't begrudge him selling up, they were his shares to do with what he wanted, bit it was the duplicitous, underhand way he/they went about it. To be fair HJ takes nearly all the flak whereas MM seems virtually bulletproof.
Huw Jenkins on 09:09 - Aug 4 with 5487 viewsWhiterockin

Huw Jenkins on 09:05 - Aug 4 by Treforys_Jack

Exactly this. Some individuals just don't seem to understand or accept this. The vast majority don't begrudge him selling up, they were his shares to do with what he wanted, bit it was the duplicitous, underhand way he/they went about it. To be fair HJ takes nearly all the flak whereas MM seems virtually bulletproof.

This 100%.
Huw Jenkins on 09:39 - Aug 4 with 5435 viewsonehunglow

Huw Jenkins on 09:00 - Aug 4 by Whiterockin

Indeed so.
I was all for a sale but with hindsight it was deeply deviously done .
Pity we weren’t sold to a consortium with real brass .
We d still be in the Prem

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Huw Jenkins on 09:47 - Aug 4 with 5442 viewsjack247

Huw Jenkins on 09:05 - Aug 4 by Treforys_Jack

This is exactly it. No one minded them selling, but they looked for the best deal for themselves as opposed to the club.

In fairness, however devious and backstabbing they were, the club is in a much, much better place now than it would be had they never got involved.

HJ gets more flak than MM because he was the frontman, lauded around Swansea and he absolutely loved it. That’s always going to be the person who takes most heat when fans feel betrayed. MM was very low key.
Huw Jenkins on 09:52 - Aug 4 with 5429 viewsKeithHaynes

Huw Jenkins on 09:47 - Aug 4 by jack247

This is exactly it. No one minded them selling, but they looked for the best deal for themselves as opposed to the club.

In fairness, however devious and backstabbing they were, the club is in a much, much better place now than it would be had they never got involved.

HJ gets more flak than MM because he was the frontman, lauded around Swansea and he absolutely loved it. That’s always going to be the person who takes most heat when fans feel betrayed. MM was very low key.

Some would say with the investment of late, the sale was well thought through.

MM was always the main man.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Huw Jenkins on 10:12 - Aug 4 with 5390 viewsjack247

Huw Jenkins on 09:52 - Aug 4 by KeithHaynes

Some would say with the investment of late, the sale was well thought through.

MM was always the main man.

Really? I’d be very surprised if any of us knew who Coleman, Morris and co were had we not been relegated.

Yes, but deliberately kept a low profile. HJ was the chairman and the face of the club, which is why he got more stick when things went sour.
Huw Jenkins on 10:59 - Aug 4 with 5340 viewsDr_Winston

Did a good job to begin with, then his ego got in the way and he convinced himself that he was more capable than he was. Eventually the money won out.

He made his bed. He can lie in it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw Jenkins on 14:25 - Aug 4 with 5200 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins on 20:24 - Aug 3 by RhonddaSwans

I think Huw done alot for us but for some Jacks, I think they would rather the old fulham statue outside.
This is taking the club to the next level Res? more like back to square one!
[Post edited 3 Aug 2023 20:25]

Square one was the health and safety hazard that was the Vetch. (did it have a Health and safety certification?).

Square one was the series of totally unsuitable owners one or two with criminal records.

Square one was getting hammered 0-4 by Kiddeminster Harriers.

People need to look at thing holistically. What he and his team achieved was outstanding. Further more Jenkins and Morgan did not cut and run. Morgan still sponsors the stadium. The legacy is excellent with the infrastructure and club reputation. Jenkins's juniors James Roberts Rodon were sold for £30m. McBurnie another £20m.

Levein and Kaplan have very deep pockets and bought the club with cash. It was not a leveraged buy out like Man Utd and Burnley where the club pays back the loan used to buy the club. This is too complex for many fans to understand.

In my opinion you have to be a particularity dour, unwise and selfish individual not to praise him for his efforts unconditionally. The Swansea club need to up their game.

"Swansea City would like to thank Huw for his service and wish him well in his future endeavours". This is no way near adequate.

[Post edited 4 Aug 2023 14:34]

Huw Jenkins on 17:31 - Aug 4 with 5104 viewsQJumpingJack

A recent interview with HJ and he talks about his relationship with the owners. He admits he was no longer being listened to in the period 2018/19.

Huw Jenkins on 19:10 - Aug 4 with 5013 viewsswan_si

Huw Jenkins on 14:25 - Aug 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Square one was the health and safety hazard that was the Vetch. (did it have a Health and safety certification?).

Square one was the series of totally unsuitable owners one or two with criminal records.

Square one was getting hammered 0-4 by Kiddeminster Harriers.

People need to look at thing holistically. What he and his team achieved was outstanding. Further more Jenkins and Morgan did not cut and run. Morgan still sponsors the stadium. The legacy is excellent with the infrastructure and club reputation. Jenkins's juniors James Roberts Rodon were sold for £30m. McBurnie another £20m.

Levein and Kaplan have very deep pockets and bought the club with cash. It was not a leveraged buy out like Man Utd and Burnley where the club pays back the loan used to buy the club. This is too complex for many fans to understand.

In my opinion you have to be a particularity dour, unwise and selfish individual not to praise him for his efforts unconditionally. The Swansea club need to up their game.

"Swansea City would like to thank Huw for his service and wish him well in his future endeavours". This is no way near adequate.

[Post edited 4 Aug 2023 14:34]

I think that some people took the next level as winning the champions league.
Huw Jenkins on 19:31 - Aug 4 with 4984 viewsWhiterockin

Huw Jenkins on 19:10 - Aug 4 by swan_si

I think that some people took the next level as winning the champions league.

Or stability in the Premier League.
Huw Jenkins on 19:50 - Aug 4 with 4941 viewsWhiterockin

Huw Jenkins on 19:31 - Aug 4 by Whiterockin

Down arrow as much as you like mushroom facts are facts.
Huw Jenkins on 19:51 - Aug 4 with 4941 viewsTreforys_Jack

Huw Jenkins on 19:31 - Aug 4 by Whiterockin

No real such thing tbh rockin, unless your top 8 or prob Everton then your at risk of getting relegated with a bad managerial appointment or transfer window.
Huw Jenkins on 19:51 - Aug 4 with 4937 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins on 09:47 - Aug 4 by jack247

I think you did mind the old guard selling. That is the point. They could have waited for a better price but knew their time had come to leave. The US owners are good owners and brought no debt with them.

The sellers were not devious or back stabbing. Part of the ownership stated, the Trust, they did not want to sell. They wanted to buy shares not sell them. It was a major strategic error. Their error. No one to blame but themselves especially the members who did not speak up.

Huw Jenkins on 19:59 - Aug 4 with 4904 views1983

Huw Jenkins on 08:34 - Aug 4 by jojaca

Pretty good shout you can't stay bitter all your life it will eat you away!

The love for the Swansea City FC of the Vetch Field is a million miles away from the love of the club I feel now.

Huw Jenkins on 20:02 - Aug 4 with 4891 viewsWhiterockin

Huw Jenkins on 19:51 - Aug 4 by Treforys_Jack

No real such thing tbh rockin, unless your top 8 or prob Everton then your at risk of getting relegated with a bad managerial appointment or transfer window.

We finished 12th just before they took over, what would you call the next level?
Huw Jenkins on 20:03 - Aug 4 with 4878 viewsswan_si

Huw Jenkins on 20:02 - Aug 4 by Whiterockin

We finished 12th just before they took over, what would you call the next level?

Financial stability
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024