Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
National league play offs 08:06 - May 3 with 18393 viewsmodelboydave

I imagine I am not the only one monitoring the national league and N/S play offs. Last night I watched St Albans beat Chelmsford 1-0 in the southern section.

In the national league itself borehamwood beat Barnet.
In the southern section Kiddie beat Alferton Town.

Tonight we have Woking v Bromley in the national league
Brockley town v Gloucester city in the north
Worthing v Braintree in the south.

Let’s see who joins us next year.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

National league play offs on 22:22 - May 4 with 3611 viewsRodingdale

National league play offs on 20:49 - May 4 by TVOS1907

I think you might be underestimating the number of fans who will still travel from the Rochdale area, trains or no trains, especially for Saturday fixtures.

I'd be very surprised if the distribution of locals and exiles differed much from this and previous seasons - certainly for the first campaign in the NL.

Of course, form and results will have a part to play, but I think the majority of those local fans who are regular travellers will still be next season.

After that, who knows?

BTW, where's Roding?
[Post edited 4 May 2023 21:01]

The River Roding is a tributary of the Thames, it runs along the end of my road.

Someone else on the messageboard said long trips are scheduled for midweek. Dagenham away on a wet Tuesday in Feb anyone? Eastleigh? Ebbsfleet?

Dorking though, where the flip is Dorking????
[Post edited 4 May 2023 22:24]
National league play offs on 22:37 - May 4 with 3550 viewsTVOS1907

National league play offs on 22:22 - May 4 by Rodingdale

The River Roding is a tributary of the Thames, it runs along the end of my road.

Someone else on the messageboard said long trips are scheduled for midweek. Dagenham away on a wet Tuesday in Feb anyone? Eastleigh? Ebbsfleet?

Thanks.

I replied to that post about long midweek trips, by saying the sheer number of southern teams in the league make it inevitable there will be some away games scheduled for Tuesdays, but it's certainly not a hard and fast rule.

Dorking is in Surrey.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

National league play offs on 23:18 - May 4 with 3504 viewsfermin

National league play offs on 21:07 - May 4 by EllDale

I actually think that there may some away games where ticket demand exceeds supply.
I’m not quite sure what the away allocation is at grounds such as Maidenhead or Dorking but it can’t be above a couple of hundred.
It will be interesting to see where the Trust Exiles pick for their away day out as well.
[Post edited 4 May 2023 21:07]

I went to Maidenhead a few years ago and it is quite a decent-sized mainly terraced ground (one of the oldest in the country) but it might have been redeveloped since then. Very close to the railway station as well. I think they would give us a few hundred so probably more than enough. No idea about Dorking.

I went to Borehamwood about 20 years ago and they have developed it since then. I think it would be broadly similar to Accrington or Salford. Woking has a very large stand behind one goal which looks somewhat out of place with the rest of the ground, but I do not think there would be an issue with an away allocation.

I think an issue at some grounds would be the lack of seats for those who want them. For example, I am a part-time supporter of Oxford City as they are within walking distance, and if they come up their ground is mainly hard standing. The seating capacity was increased a few years ago but I imagine it only just makes the grade for NLS. I used to say they were my non-league team but I can't say that any more! I have seen them beat Stockport and Torquay in NLN and NLS and there was no segregation but there was for a game against Tranmere in the FA Cup. I am not sure how many seats were given to Tranmere fans but it can't have been many.
National league play offs on 00:11 - May 5 with 3478 viewsDorkingDale

National league play offs on 22:22 - May 4 by Rodingdale

It's here.....
National league play offs on 00:12 - May 5 with 3477 viewsDorkingDale

National league play offs on 00:11 - May 5 by DorkingDale

It's here.....

Are you Frank Rothwell in disguise?
National league play offs on 06:42 - May 5 with 3381 viewsmodelboydave

National league play offs on 19:47 - May 4 by Rodingdale

It took me seven hours to get back to London on Saturday and that was when the railways weren’t on strike. Our southern away gates are likely to be predominantly southern based Dale fans, I think, next season - given the cost and unreliability of the rail network. I’m particularly looking forward to Ebbsfleet away.

It reminds me, years ago the writers of EGP used to recommend the best away pub, what a great re-innovation that would be!!

It is amazing looking at that map of the national league, its basically a northern batch, a southern batch and Solihull moors stuck in the middle.

For me living in Luton, i suddenly have 10/12 games within a few hours of my door. I imagine i will concentrate on these rather than the home games.

I had two Dale games i was due to attend this season refunded due to the train strikes and terrible service between Manchester and London.

National league play offs on 06:50 - May 5 with 3379 viewsmodelboydave

National league play offs on 21:50 - May 4 by EllDale

I thought they had an “away day” once a season when Dale were playing in the south of England?
I’m sure it was at Wimbledon a couple of years ago.

It was.

2019 against Wimbledon at the old ground. Lost from memory! It was just after the Man U game and i got sat next to our CEO, who told me the gate money from the United game would only last the club a month.

National league play offs on 09:01 - May 5 with 3295 viewsseasidedale

Just wondering, does anyone know if the gate receipts are the same in national league as EFL home team keeps gate money or is there a split?
Login to get fewer ads

National league play offs on 10:17 - May 5 with 3197 viewsEllDale

I think that Boreham Wood has seen redevelopment as they are the home ground for the Arsenal Womens Team.
National league play offs on 11:21 - May 5 with 3125 viewsD_Alien

National league play offs on 10:17 - May 5 by EllDale

I think that Boreham Wood has seen redevelopment as they are the home ground for the Arsenal Womens Team.

It's had a facelift then?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

National league play offs on 19:22 - May 5 with 2986 viewsleicesterdale

National league play offs on 11:21 - May 5 by D_Alien

It's had a facelift then?

I was there last Saturday for their home game against Yeovil Town. Quite a tidy ground, much recent redevelopment, possibly funded from their Cup ties. Really quite small, certainly smaller than Spotland
National league play offs on 19:35 - May 5 with 2963 viewsSheffdale

National league play offs on 22:05 - May 4 by TVOS1907

You might well be right. Someone more ITK will confirm it.

I'm not usually ITK but Exiles have done two awaydays at Wimbledon 2018 and 2019 (pre Covid and pre Plough Lane!). I still have nightmares about Calvin at centre half in 2019.
National league play offs on 19:55 - May 5 with 2934 viewsRodingdale

National league play offs on 19:35 - May 5 by Sheffdale

I'm not usually ITK but Exiles have done two awaydays at Wimbledon 2018 and 2019 (pre Covid and pre Plough Lane!). I still have nightmares about Calvin at centre half in 2019.

So does Calvin, if only someone had asked him if he enjoyed it immediately after the game. I think we were 3-0 down after 15 mins…
National league play offs on 20:17 - May 5 with 2912 viewsJames1980

National league play offs on 06:50 - May 5 by modelboydave

It was.

2019 against Wimbledon at the old ground. Lost from memory! It was just after the Man U game and i got sat next to our CEO, who told me the gate money from the United game would only last the club a month.

At one of the exiles days Botters let it be known to those sat at the table he was on that he viewed posters on here as troublemakers

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

National league play offs on 13:40 - May 7 with 2605 viewsDaley_Lama

Notts C losing 0-2 at half time in the semi-finals.

Poll: DF in or out

National league play offs on 13:42 - May 7 with 2601 viewsRodingdale

Notts 1 - Borehamwood 2 after 50 minutes.
National league play offs on 14:32 - May 7 with 2518 viewsD_Alien

National league play offs on 13:42 - May 7 by Rodingdale

Notts 1 - Borehamwood 2 after 50 minutes.

They equalise at 90+6

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

National league play offs on 14:45 - May 7 with 2497 viewsRodingdale

National league play offs on 14:32 - May 7 by D_Alien

They equalise at 90+6

Hoping Notts go up, whilst it would be better in gate terms for Dale, having them in the NL next season effectively means all the other teams playing for a play off promotion place - assuming Notts would win it. Mind you Borehamwood don’t look a bad side.
National league play offs on 14:46 - May 7 with 2488 viewsEllDale

Kidderminster win easily at Kings Lynn in the NLN playoff semifinal.
One long trip swerved.
Could do with Chester beating Brackley in the other game.
National league play offs on 15:14 - May 7 with 2442 viewsRodingdale

Notts win it 3-2 at the death. We can now look forward to a trip to Borehamwood on a wet Tuesday in February.
National league play offs on 17:31 - May 7 with 2258 viewsblackdogblue

Chalky is preening like a parrot at the moment…

They will lose at Wembley again 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

National league play offs on 17:56 - May 7 with 2213 viewsRodingdale

National league play offs on 14:46 - May 7 by EllDale

Kidderminster win easily at Kings Lynn in the NLN playoff semifinal.
One long trip swerved.
Could do with Chester beating Brackley in the other game.

So after this afternoons play off semis we’ll be playing St.Albans or Oxford and Kiddie or Brackley. 😐
National league play offs on 18:07 - May 7 with 2180 viewsmacro

Kiddy over Brackley and Oxford over StAlbans for me
National league play offs on 18:33 - May 7 with 2141 viewsRodingdale

And Borehamwood, Bromley and Notts or Chesterfield

Having watched both semis, if anything the standard looks better than L2.
National league play offs on 09:21 - May 8 with 1776 viewsmodelboydave

National league play offs on 18:07 - May 7 by macro

Kiddy over Brackley and Oxford over StAlbans for me

I have been to St Albans several times, its quaint little ground located in a park. Fans do the walk around at half time. You can bring your dog in, They have 2 or 3 stands that sell beer, and you can have a pint and watch the game. As a NHS employee it costs me £11 quid to get in. I like St Albans!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024