Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Confessions 22:35 - Apr 11 with 13225 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anything QPR related you want to get of your chest that would normally be shunned by the Parish, judgement free.

[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 22:40]
QPR Confessions on 10:33 - Apr 12 with 2209 viewsdannyblue

I, too, didn't really enjoy Wembley 2014, or that financially doped season. It felt so grubby. Best thing about it was the Charlie Charlie Niko Niko chant (despite above).

I thought Nasser El Khouyati was under rated.
QPR Confessions on 10:35 - Apr 12 with 2196 viewsted_hendrix

QPR Confessions on 23:33 - Apr 11 by PeterHucker

Bobby Zamora was a dreadful player for QPR.
He was injured for nearly all his time here.
If it hadn't been for that Wembley goal he'd be remembered as just another mercenary getting one final pay packet from gullible QPR owners. He would get lumped in with Park Ji-Sung, Rio Ferdinand, Shaun Shite-Phillips, Bosingwa and all those others c-units.

I posted on here last year that I was In one of the service stations on the M25 with my lad and he pointed out to me that Bobby Zamora was over In the corner with his kids, embarrassingly I went over and apologised for interrupting him but I just wanted to quickly thank him for 'that' goal at Wembley and that he'd made a daft old QPR fan ecstatically happy on that day, he was genuinely thankful and quite humble about It, both he and myself had big grins on our faces In the breif few seconds we spoke, what a lovely bloke.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

QPR Confessions on 10:35 - Apr 12 with 2196 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I think Fulham has the best football stadium in the country.
QPR Confessions on 10:37 - Apr 12 with 2192 viewsSuperhoop83

QPR Confessions on 10:00 - Apr 12 by terryb

I didn't want us to win the 2014 Play offs!

Of course I loved the victory & I celebrated like everyone else, but I knew that it meant we were stuck with Harold.

Earlier in the season I was interviewed for a vox pop on Indie R's(?) & stated that I was dreading the play offs because we would win them. That is what employing a charlatan like Redknapp can do to you.

I wanted us to win but that match is nowhere near my favourite QPR memories.

It was an amazing moment, especially as we seemed dead and buried, but it was all undermined by the inflated squad for which we are still paying the price, the ******* crook of a manager who didn't even care that we'd won and the second botched attempt at life in the Premier League.

Suffering since 1978.

QPR Confessions on 10:42 - Apr 12 with 2158 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Chinzano is on the case too

QPR Confessions on 10:46 - Apr 12 with 2136 viewsbosh67

My dad's family were from Manchester (Manchester City fans) and I made them defect to QPR when they came down to London before I was born.

In the first few games that Les Ferdinand played at Loftus Road I turned around to my dad and said, he's never going to make it.

I thought Beale was the messiah, even when he turned down Wolves (probably because he knew Rangers were coming).

Since my dad died a few years ago and I can't afford to go very often my depression after a defeat (or many of them as it is) isn't as bad as it used to be when I went to games with my dad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

QPR Confessions on 10:47 - Apr 12 with 2129 viewsGaryBannister86

QPR Confessions on 10:42 - Apr 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

So the great Cinzano is on here then. Wonder who he is?

Get your own ideas for content, Tone. After all you've visited 2,850 FOOTBALL GROUNDS and are in your 50TH YEAR AS A SUPPORTER, so you should have plenty to go on.

I think I've confessed this before, but I think Cinzano is a self-serving embarrassment to QPR.
QPR Confessions on 10:50 - Apr 12 with 2105 viewsAntti_Heinola

Paul Bruce was a not very good player for us.

I remember once he ewas subbed and I thought he was so sh!te I just stood up and screamed 'Get off, stay off and don't ever 'kin come back'. People looked at me like I was a bit mad. I still cringe when I think of it and it's why I'm not quite so shouty these days and rein the hatred in. He wasn't good enough, but it wasn't his fault.

I also misheard some people chanting about Rob Steiner and thought the fans had given him the nickname of Rhino, which made perfect sense for his bizarre playing style of dribbling through people rather than round them (the onto-your-shin-back-off-my-shin-and-past-you technique), and for several weeks was calling him Rhino at games before eventually working out I'd heard 'Steiner' as 'Rhino' (somehow). I still think of him as Rhino though.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

QPR Confessions on 10:54 - Apr 12 with 2085 viewsGaryBannister86

QPR Confessions on 10:50 - Apr 12 by Antti_Heinola

Paul Bruce was a not very good player for us.

I remember once he ewas subbed and I thought he was so sh!te I just stood up and screamed 'Get off, stay off and don't ever 'kin come back'. People looked at me like I was a bit mad. I still cringe when I think of it and it's why I'm not quite so shouty these days and rein the hatred in. He wasn't good enough, but it wasn't his fault.

I also misheard some people chanting about Rob Steiner and thought the fans had given him the nickname of Rhino, which made perfect sense for his bizarre playing style of dribbling through people rather than round them (the onto-your-shin-back-off-my-shin-and-past-you technique), and for several weeks was calling him Rhino at games before eventually working out I'd heard 'Steiner' as 'Rhino' (somehow). I still think of him as Rhino though.

That's not a confession, Paul Bruce was terrible :-)
QPR Confessions on 11:00 - Apr 12 with 2047 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR Confessions on 10:54 - Apr 12 by GaryBannister86

That's not a confession, Paul Bruce was terrible :-)

I was a pr!ck, mate, no matter how bad the poor bloke was. He was only about 19.

Bare bones.

QPR Confessions on 11:02 - Apr 12 with 2026 viewsGaryBannister86

QPR Confessions on 11:00 - Apr 12 by Antti_Heinola

I was a pr!ck, mate, no matter how bad the poor bloke was. He was only about 19.

Fair enough, I don't mind giving our own players stick but usually try to hold off until they are out of their teens!

He did also make for a memorable FA Cup day at Torquay when he scored right in front of our away terrace. Rare good times for him.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2023 11:03]
QPR Confessions on 11:03 - Apr 12 with 2024 viewsRs_Holy

QPR Confessions on 10:47 - Apr 12 by GaryBannister86

So the great Cinzano is on here then. Wonder who he is?

Get your own ideas for content, Tone. After all you've visited 2,850 FOOTBALL GROUNDS and are in your 50TH YEAR AS A SUPPORTER, so you should have plenty to go on.

I think I've confessed this before, but I think Cinzano is a self-serving embarrassment to QPR.

wonder who else is on Loft For Words??? Robert Elms? Mick Jones? Glen Matlock? ... former/current players Gallen? Bircham? Uncs?... Come on peeps, its time to own up!!!
[Post edited 12 Apr 2023 11:04]
QPR Confessions on 11:24 - Apr 12 with 1959 viewsrobith

QPR Confessions on 11:03 - Apr 12 by Rs_Holy

wonder who else is on Loft For Words??? Robert Elms? Mick Jones? Glen Matlock? ... former/current players Gallen? Bircham? Uncs?... Come on peeps, its time to own up!!!
[Post edited 12 Apr 2023 11:04]

I'm Pete Docherty's burner account
QPR Confessions on 11:44 - Apr 12 with 1907 viewsGaryT

I once joined in with the pantomime booing of Matthew Rose, wtf was I thinking?

When Simon Barker scored the equalizer in the FA Cup quarter final with Liverpool, I was so excited I gave the Liverpool fans the Forearm Jerk. Bloke next to me told me to knock it off, kind of killed the moment but he was right, never did it again.
QPR Confessions on 11:47 - Apr 12 with 1898 viewsNewYorkRanger

the 'we'll stick the blue flag up yer arse' song is a massive cringe
Almost makes me embarrassed to be QPR fan

Glory hunter, me

QPR Confessions on 12:03 - Apr 12 with 1844 viewsToast_R

Early August 1997 I sat in a Cafe in Morden and got chatting to a random QPR fan who happened to be on the table opposite me. We both agreed how loyal Trevor Sinclair was to QPR that he'd stayed that summer and that QPR were going to rip up the league that coming season 97/98. Always sticks in my mind that chance meeting and as it turned out, Sinclair ended up going for peanuts and as ever, QPR ended up being total dog shit.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2023 12:06]
QPR Confessions on 12:19 - Apr 12 with 1775 viewsPlanetHonneywood

QPR Confessions on 08:00 - Apr 12 by Northernr

Mel and I sat in the Crown when the Hoilett signing was announced planning our QPR in Europe years.

I genuinely thought Steven Caulker was a brilliant signing. And Hill and Derry were going to be sht.

Tracey and I left the Derby game at 2-0 down. Dad and I left the Port Vale game at 4-1 down.

I wouldn't worry about it. I mean, it's not as if you went on to become a sage proffering opinions on all things QPR related, when such admissions would come back to haunt you. Is it?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR Confessions on 12:33 - Apr 12 with 1725 viewsJuzzie

Sort of loose connection...... when I was about 18 I went over to east London on a works night out that my (great) boss had arranged. Minibus was full of West Ham fans and being somewhat tiddly I made a bit of an arse of myself by singing and going on about how great QPR/west London was and how sh!t east London/West Ham were.
My boss, who lived in Stratford but not a football fan, looked somewhat embarrassed and I had to apologise the next day.

I too thought Zamora (however much of a nice guy he may be) was pretty much sh!t for us. Trousered £millions and really only scored 'that' goal. 14 goals in 92 games over 4 seasons, not good.
The following season back in the PL he only scored 3 goals (all in the PL) in 31 league appearances which is an awful return.

My first ever game was not QPR but Spurs v Sheffield Wednesday. I was around 9/10 years old and Spurs won 5-0. The sort of game that a result like that would sway an impressionable young fan.
But no, even though it was another few years before I actually got to see QPR play I always knew in my heart where my loyalties were.

[Post edited 12 Apr 2023 12:47]
QPR Confessions on 12:35 - Apr 12 with 1724 viewsslmrstid

QPR Confessions on 12:19 - Apr 12 by PlanetHonneywood

I wouldn't worry about it. I mean, it's not as if you went on to become a sage proffering opinions on all things QPR related, when such admissions would come back to haunt you. Is it?

I have a Facebook memory that helpfully pops up every year around August time when it was posted saying how good QPR's midfield transfer business of signing Diakite, Granero and Ji-Sung Park was compared to Liverpool spaffing £20 odd million or whatever it was on Joe Allen.

Suffice to say, as Clive himself says about Steven Caulker, the kindest thing you can say about it is it has not aged well.

Another confession of mine - when I was much younger and angrier and argumentative (as teenagers are) I used to post on the old dot.org and get into all sorts of stupid arguments. One time though, not an argument, but not long after I'd discovered Wikipedia and was reading about lots of former QPR players wondering what they did after QPR, I discovered an entry for ex-youth teamer Mark Perry that also said he'd been discovered dead a few years after leaving QPR.

So I posted that on the old dot.org along the lines of "Wow, can't believe this.... etc" for a later reply to pop up from someone who knew Mark Perry advising he was very much alive and was confused as to why the internet was calling him dead.

In my defence, someone (not me!!) had edited his Wikipedia, either out of malice, or error for another poor Mark Perry, so I was simply reporting what I'd read. But I did feel a fool over it.

(Just looked at his Wikipedia profile - the entry saying he'd died, and possibly murdered, was made in June 2007 and can still be read on the history tab. His current Wiki profile suggests he is still indeed very much alive. What an odd situation.)

He was an absolute beast of a player on Championship Manager 01-02 though.
QPR Confessions on 12:36 - Apr 12 with 1711 viewshubble

Okay, deep breath: Although my mum said she took me to see Rangers in 1968, I have no memory of it. The first game I remember seeing was us versus Man City in March 75. I went with a mate from school who claimed Don Shanks was his cousin (which was total BS of course). We were stood at the front of the paddocks and my abiding memory is how the veins stood out on Mike Summerbee's head when he was taking a throw-in. However, not long after that, I got taken to Old Trafford to see Utd play Blackpool. It was the last game of the season and the atmosphere was electric; they were crowned Div. 2 champions and got promoted back to the 1st Division. I was only 14 and my head was turned.

I followed Man Utd after that - although from late teens to my late 20s I wasn't that interested in football. It wasn't until the early 90s, and desperate for some real football, that I started going to see Rangers again. And this time I got the bug. From that point on it was only Rangers for me, and I have followed us through thick and thin ever since. So I got to see Les and Ray Wilkins play for us, the Hateley debacle, relegation and everything that came afterwards.... but I never got to see the 75/76 season which is something I will always regret. I have never confessed this before. Please forgive me.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

QPR Confessions on 12:46 - Apr 12 with 1664 viewsguitarzan

Visiting a Temple in Tokyo, there was a wish tree where you could write a wish. There were lots of lovely and touching messages wishing for world peace and an end to hunger and poverty. Sadly I lowered the tone by wishing that QPR get promoted. But at least it worked, we beat Derby in the play offs a month later.
QPR Confessions on 12:55 - Apr 12 with 1625 viewsdmm

Well after reading that lot, I don't think I can possibly stay here with you bunch of reprobates!
QPR Confessions on 13:03 - Apr 12 with 1589 viewsNW5Hoop

I sometimes write about QPR, and the sub-editors are in the habit of putting "lifelong QPR fan" in the standfirst to describe me. I am not a lifelong QPR fan.

I was born in Manchester and moved south as a child in the 70s. I supported United, because that's where I was from. When my dad started taking me to football, Loftus Road was the first ground we went to (5-1 loss to Everton, Bob Latchford hat-trick, 1977), and the one we went to most often.

I went to university in Leeds, and there were people there who had gone to Old Trafford every week, rather than once a season and even then sitting in the main stand rather than standing in the away end. So I stopped saying I supported United. I started going to Elland Road every week, and saw most of the Wilkinson promotion season — every term time game — which was great.

When I moved back south in 1991, I wanted to carry on watching football every week — at one club — and a process of elimination based on a) ease of getting there b) how good the team was at the time and c) whether I had any pre-existing dislike of the club (which ruled out every other top-flight London team) led me to start coming to Loftus Road. I stood in the East Paddock, quietly shamed, as Rangers took apart the Leeds title-winning team.

But you know how it is: you start watching a team all the time, and before you know it, you support them.

On wider QPR things it's rude to admit …
1/ I don't think referees are biased against us
2/ I don't think the media is biased against us
3/ I never thought Trevor Sinclair was as good as everyone else did (*that* goal, and the first-time lob from the halfway line against City, notwithstanding)
4/ The first time I cried in front of my wife was when she came to the Coventry away game that in effect relegated us in 96
5/ I never thought Kevin Gallen was as a good as everyone else did, either
6/ Whereas I thought Danny Dichio was hugely underrated (years later, I bumped into him at Sunderland's training ground and said just that. He replied, "Yeah, they all say that now. Bet you were shouting how shit I was then, though." He really felt angry about how the fans scapegoated him)
7/ There are times when I wish we had a featureless concrete bowl that didn't make life so difficult for the visitor, rather than Loftus Road
QPR Confessions on 13:09 - Apr 12 with 1566 viewsaston_hoop

I thought Marc Bircham was a bit shit, he's lucky he is so passionate about the club because otherwise he'd have been long since forgotten.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

QPR Confessions on 13:30 - Apr 12 with 1483 viewsdistortR

QPR Confessions on 10:42 - Apr 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Bazza is Cinzano! No coming back from that one..............
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024