Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walsall home - match thread 21:12 - Apr 5 with 28750 viewsEllDale

Before anything else is discussed could someone confirm that the kick-off is 3.00pm please?
The official site states this but I’m sure that I read somewhere that it had been brought forward to 2.00pm?
Thanks.
Walsall home - match thread on 16:11 - Apr 7 with 3657 viewskel

Walsall home - match thread on 16:02 - Apr 7 by rich_dale

Played some decent stuff there. 2nd goal was a great move and looked like Odoh's goal - as far over the line as Lampard v Germany. Their goal was close but might be a good call from the lino. Just need to stop taking unnecessary risks 2nd half.

Ref was definitely ready to give that to Odoh but Lloyd helped him out big time.
Walsall home - match thread on 16:13 - Apr 7 with 3637 viewsrichfoad32

Walsall home - match thread on 16:02 - Apr 7 by rich_dale

Played some decent stuff there. 2nd goal was a great move and looked like Odoh's goal - as far over the line as Lampard v Germany. Their goal was close but might be a good call from the lino. Just need to stop taking unnecessary risks 2nd half.

So much for that.
Walsall home - match thread on 16:14 - Apr 7 with 3627 viewsDaleFan7

Walsall home - match thread on 16:11 - Apr 7 by kel

Ref was definitely ready to give that to Odoh but Lloyd helped him out big time.

They must have still been arguing about it when they were p!ssing about with it giving it away for their 2nd.
Walsall home - match thread on 16:14 - Apr 7 with 3625 viewsjoecooke

FFS

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Walsall home - match thread on 16:15 - Apr 7 with 3603 viewsD_Alien

Walsall home - match thread on 08:35 - Apr 6 by dingdangblue

Still have nightmares about this.

The nightmares are back

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Walsall home - match thread on 16:18 - Apr 7 with 3588 viewsPorlicks

Its become a fever dream of JRRT and Stephen King

Who are YOU with?

Walsall home - match thread on 16:20 - Apr 7 with 3566 viewsjoecooke

Crazy match, im loving it.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Walsall home - match thread on 16:20 - Apr 7 with 3557 viewskel

Back in the non BANTZ world, that was a great finish from Taylor.
Login to get fewer ads

Walsall home - match thread on 16:28 - Apr 7 with 3497 viewsPorlicks

That nearly went over the line

Who are YOU with?

Walsall home - match thread on 16:29 - Apr 7 with 3490 viewsrichfoad32

Looked nowhere near over the line? Who cares, crazy game!
Walsall home - match thread on 16:32 - Apr 7 with 3449 viewssince58

What goes around comes around.
Karma.
Walsall home - match thread on 16:39 - Apr 7 with 3381 viewskel

Walsall home - match thread on 16:40 - Apr 7 with 3365 viewsrichfoad32

Walsall home - match thread on 16:32 - Apr 7 by since58

What goes around comes around.
Karma.

For what?
Walsall home - match thread on 17:04 - Apr 7 with 3121 viewselectricblue

Past two results prove that this lot can play no fear football against any team and can actually play and win.

As McNulty thrown his hat into the ring..
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 18:48]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Walsall home - match thread on 17:08 - Apr 7 with 3066 viewsrich_dale

Walsall home - match thread on 16:29 - Apr 7 by richfoad32

Looked nowhere near over the line? Who cares, crazy game!

Suspect that first half non-decision (although it looked potentially correct) influenced the lino's decision to give that goal. Looked like one of the worst calls you'll see although at least from Walsall's point of view it wasn't the winner.

What a game that was. We made the same mistakes we've been making all season but the way we played and the commitment and enterprise we showed meant it didn't matter. Brierley was sensational but everyone played their part.
Walsall home - match thread on 17:09 - Apr 7 with 3063 viewsfermin

Watching game on ifollow. I cannot believe they gave us that 4th goal. Keeper did well to salvage the situation and it wasn't even that close. He certainly did not spill it over the line as the commentators thought.

Walsall's first goal was onside as Dodgson was playing him on. It might have been given offside with VAR technology but in real time it was onside. Can't complain about that really.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 17:11]
Walsall home - match thread on 17:16 - Apr 7 with 2977 viewsrich_dale

Walsall home - match thread on 17:04 - Apr 7 by electricblue

Past two results prove that this lot can play no fear football against any team and can actually play and win.

As McNulty thrown his hat into the ring..
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 18:48]

There's a marked difference between McNulty now and when he was caretaker earlier in the season. Back then he didn't show any ambition for taking the job and looked like a fish out of water. Now he looks confident and measured, speaks very well, and has made some tactical tweaks that are working, as well as getting more effort from the players. Bringing the players that had been frozen out back into the squad is a good move as well.
Walsall home - match thread on 17:47 - Apr 7 with 2693 viewsD_Alien

So we've just scored 4 goals for consecutive home games, and won the one before that

The mood has definitely brightened with the spring sunshine. All we really ask is that we play on the front foot, and try to score goals. The arsing about instead of getting a cross in that led to their equaliser should be a lesson Big Jim hammers into them

There's a suggestion that BJ may be a preferred option going into 2023/24, and he couldn't really have done much more to at least make a case for himself. It's possible to detect a note of optimism in his pre-match interview, suggesting that discussions may already have taken place with him

Far too early to call, i'd say. He has a decision to make against Mansfield regarding Mullarkey. I don't believe he can leave out our best player, but an option might be to play him in front of the back four

Walsall home - match thread on 17:48 - Apr 7 with 2694 viewsTVOS1907

Walsall home - match thread on 16:11 - Apr 7 by kel

I believe it has since been awarded to Odoh; just awaiting confirmation.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Walsall home - match thread on 17:50 - Apr 7 with 2656 viewsTVOS1907

Walsall home - match thread on 16:39 - Apr 7 by kel

Fine margins...

Walsall home - match thread on 17:51 - Apr 7 with 2637 viewsD_Alien

Walsall home - match thread on 17:48 - Apr 7 by TVOS1907

I believe it has since been awarded to Odoh; just awaiting confirmation.

By the same token, how is our fourth not an own goal? No qualms about it being awarded to Brierley but in any other situation (Hendo's flick onto Taylor's shot for our first being a case in point) it'd be awarded to the player with the last touch when the ball crossed the line...

...or didn't

[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 17:55]

Walsall home - match thread on 17:54 - Apr 7 with 2615 viewsTVOS1907

Walsall home - match thread on 17:47 - Apr 7 by D_Alien

So we've just scored 4 goals for consecutive home games, and won the one before that

The mood has definitely brightened with the spring sunshine. All we really ask is that we play on the front foot, and try to score goals. The arsing about instead of getting a cross in that led to their equaliser should be a lesson Big Jim hammers into them

There's a suggestion that BJ may be a preferred option going into 2023/24, and he couldn't really have done much more to at least make a case for himself. It's possible to detect a note of optimism in his pre-match interview, suggesting that discussions may already have taken place with him

Far too early to call, i'd say. He has a decision to make against Mansfield regarding Mullarkey. I don't believe he can leave out our best player, but an option might be to play him in front of the back four

First time with four goals in each of consecutive home games since the 4-0 wins over Swindon and Walsall in November 2016.

Walsall home - match thread on 17:56 - Apr 7 with 2572 viewsTVOS1907

Walsall home - match thread on 17:51 - Apr 7 by D_Alien

By the same token, how is our fourth not an own goal? No qualms about it being awarded to Brierley but in any other situation (Hendo's flick onto Taylor's shot for our first being a case in point) it'd be awarded to the player with the last touch when the ball crossed the line...

...or didn't

[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 17:55]

Yep, good question.

Walsall home - match thread on 18:12 - Apr 7 with 2424 viewsdavidab2202

Whilst there has been a big upturn in our fortunes over the last few fixtures, can't help but wonder as to whether the decision to give Brierley "leave of absence " for 13 or 14 games ,in which we got I think 6 points from those games will in the end cost us our EFL position.
Accept it is not all about one player but we have got 11 points since he came back into the fold
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 18:18]
Walsall home - match thread on 18:23 - Apr 7 with 2325 viewsJames1980

Walsall home - match thread on 18:12 - Apr 7 by davidab2202

Whilst there has been a big upturn in our fortunes over the last few fixtures, can't help but wonder as to whether the decision to give Brierley "leave of absence " for 13 or 14 games ,in which we got I think 6 points from those games will in the end cost us our EFL position.
Accept it is not all about one player but we have got 11 points since he came back into the fold
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 18:18]

But has his experience with Sheff Utd helped improve his game?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024