Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drewe 17:20 - Mar 11 with 9088 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Full of cold, so couldn't face it today. How did Drewe do?
Drewe on 21:07 - Mar 11 with 3547 viewsjeffranger

Excellent home debut & we may have our new right back
Drewe on 21:15 - Mar 11 with 3490 viewsCiderwithRsie

Drewe on 17:25 - Mar 11 by BklynRanger

Drewe just do like Drewe do!

I expect Wild Thing told him: "Drewe: Do that voodoo, that you do, so well."
Drewe on 21:22 - Mar 11 with 3444 viewsNortholt_Rs

Drewe on 17:48 - Mar 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Played well. Dogged and determined.

Hope he's very happy with himself.

He should be Brian….the lad was immense today following on from a great debut. Well done Aaron keep it going! COYRs!!!!!!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Drewe on 21:58 - Mar 11 with 3320 viewsDamo1962

Drewe on 18:06 - Mar 11 by benhurst

After all the talk about the academy over the last couple of weeks, it's worth pointing out that two academy graduate full-backs have just put in huge performances to get us a win whilst the first choices are out "injured"

Indeedy. Paal wll have to up his game now...so win,win 🙂
[Post edited 11 Mar 2023 22:01]
Drewe on 22:03 - Mar 11 with 3320 viewsdaveB

He was very good and thought he played well last week as well

An absolute poster child now for the what on earth do we have to lose by playing our own players campaign
Drewe on 23:24 - Mar 11 with 3211 viewshubble

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Drewe on 06:23 - Mar 12 with 2998 viewscyprusmel

Now we have a situation, what would you do or what should Gareth do if Mr Laird says he is fit to play against Blackpool.
Play Laird or stick with the less experienced Drewe who is one of your own ?

My opinion would be to stick with Drewe.
Drewe on 06:31 - Mar 12 with 2980 viewsHoopstar

Keep Drewe and the same back 5 in - best defensive showing as a unit in a long time and good support getting forward. Be senseless to change it so quickly unless there is some clause in Lairds deal that he plays if fit.

Very encouraging from Drewe today but its impossible to judge a young player after a couple of first team games. Think Clive often says the sheer adrenaline will get many of them through their first few games alone - and then often you see performance levels drop as that initial surge fades slightly. I'd be minded to keep Drewe in for the rest of the season and let him continue developing - there's definitely tenacity and a bit of talent there! Be very interesting to see how he goes over a longer stretch of games.
Login to get fewer ads

Drewe on 06:35 - Mar 12 with 2966 viewsLblock

Laird can wait

The difference with Paal is we own him and he’s been okay post Bealxit
I think Kenneth may be one to keep

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Drewe on 06:46 - Mar 12 with 2954 viewsnix

Drewe on 06:31 - Mar 12 by Hoopstar

Keep Drewe and the same back 5 in - best defensive showing as a unit in a long time and good support getting forward. Be senseless to change it so quickly unless there is some clause in Lairds deal that he plays if fit.

Very encouraging from Drewe today but its impossible to judge a young player after a couple of first team games. Think Clive often says the sheer adrenaline will get many of them through their first few games alone - and then often you see performance levels drop as that initial surge fades slightly. I'd be minded to keep Drewe in for the rest of the season and let him continue developing - there's definitely tenacity and a bit of talent there! Be very interesting to see how he goes over a longer stretch of games.

One thing to bear in mind is that Aaron has played 26 games in men's football in various cup and non league games, so he's shown he can fight for a place against more experienced players and put the commitment in. He was that player that cleared a ball off the line in a cup game, appearing out of nowhere to do so, and was on a few newsreels for that, so he definitely seems to put in a shift.

Obviously we never know how players will develop but he's showing some positive signs which is more than we've had from the academy for a long while, even if Kakay and Drewe stay as decent back ups that's still a couple of players we don't need to buy. It also encourages other players to see a route into the first team squad so are more likely to come to us.
Drewe on 06:52 - Mar 12 with 2943 viewsHAYESBOY

Drewe did really well yesterday. Much better than his debut.

When Paal and Laird are fit. for me it would be Paal back in and Kakay in the right back/ wing back slot. Laird will have to wait.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Drewe on 09:17 - Mar 12 with 2748 viewsdistortR

he's a bit small so will get targeted, but likes a tackle, tenacious, and his positioning and anticipation saw him winning balls you might not expect him to. Thumbs up from me!
Drewe on 10:35 - Mar 12 with 2622 viewsNorthernr

Couldn't fault him at all yesterday. Really fcking chucks himself about considering his size.
Drewe on 13:59 - Mar 12 with 2457 viewsPaddyhoops

Another couple of positive results and expect to see the loanees climbing off the treatment table Lazarus like .
Kakay was superb yesterday and the three at the back freed him from his defensive duties which let’s not kid ourselves. He’s not very good at.
Drewe on 16:41 - Mar 12 with 2346 viewsswisscottage

The boy can jump as well.
Drewe on 17:09 - Mar 12 with 2249 viewsHarbour

I thought he was brilliant full of energy great positioning defended well and got forward. Very encouraging hope he keeps it up and keeps progressing well done that man.
Drewe on 17:24 - Mar 12 with 2224 viewsQPROslo

We have got ourselves another qualified back in Drewe. 2 in fact, Drewe and Kakay. I can't remember seeing Kakay play as well as yesterday and thought him back-up But no longer. He really has stepped up playing wingback and on the left side, particularly yesterday. Credit to Gareth already.
Drewe on 18:28 - Mar 12 with 2140 viewsMedwayR

So it started with Darnell Furlong, now we have Kakay and Drewe with Jude-Boyd coming through as well. I'm guessing the academy primarily focuses on producing RB's.

Poll: Who’s better?

Drewe on 19:36 - Mar 12 with 2009 viewsVancouverHoop

Drewe on 18:28 - Mar 12 by MedwayR

So it started with Darnell Furlong, now we have Kakay and Drewe with Jude-Boyd coming through as well. I'm guessing the academy primarily focuses on producing RB's.

Heh!

I don't think Kakay deserved the grief he got in the past. He's always been decent as a winger and a full back. What he hasn't been as good at is playing in a four across the back instead of a five. He's got better but in a four he had a tendency to get caught in two minds between defence and attack. Yesterday with the extra body behind him that happened far less, if at all. He felt a renewal of confidence and it showed in his performance.
Drewe on 01:54 - Mar 13 with 1832 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Drewe on 10:35 - Mar 12 by Northernr

Couldn't fault him at all yesterday. Really fcking chucks himself about considering his size.

Showed a lot of heart and desire chasing those 2 lost causes at the end line and creating something out of nothing .
This is the type of player we need wearing our shirt full of fight and showing other young guys there is a way to break through into the first 11.
I still think GA will start Laird and Paal if they come back from the dead now that we are winning again and we might need them next 2 games
Drewe on 05:31 - Mar 13 with 1772 viewsArcticHoop

Once we are safe i really don´t mind if we keep Drewe as our 1st choice rb/wb for the rest of the season. Laird won´t be here next season,so it would be wise to give Drewe good run of games to see can he do it in the long run at this level and gain more experience
[Post edited 13 Mar 2023 5:32]
Drewe on 11:45 - Mar 13 with 1495 viewsDavieQPR

A lot of teams have been targeting Kakay as the weak link. Difference was the three at the back covered him more as well as Drewe in the air. Although they were good Field was the person who enabled everything to happen.
Drewe on 19:42 - Mar 13 with 1276 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Impressive numbers.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Drewe on 20:27 - Mar 13 with 1194 viewsHordleHoop

Aaron Drewe to the tune of Agadoo kind of works?
I'm not much of a lyricist though

Or not
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024