Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rafa Benitez or NJ 10:14 - Jan 22 with 3296 viewsHollywood56

I'd rather take the leap now, get rid of the welsh tw*t now, get Rafa in at least we'd stand a chance of survival with a manager that has premier league experience, at this rate even BIG SAM ALLADYCE couldn't pull the rabbit out of the hat.
Rafa Benitez or NJ on 10:33 - Jan 22 with 2850 viewssledger

you could put any top manager in charge of this lot they still would be unable to score,still have a weakness in the dm position and would still concede set piece goals for fun,its the players
Rafa Benitez or NJ on 10:37 - Jan 22 with 2841 viewsSouthamptonfan

Benitez wouldn't come. He wants ambition and investment in the team. Fat Sam nah, too old and past it now. Dyche would be my choice but again he wouldn't come. Dyche wouldn't tolerate being told he has to develop young players with 50% home grown being on the pitch, rubbish. Blame the owners and board. The owners have and are destroying this club with a fantasist policy of turning Mara into Messi. It won't work, you can't turn unproven, never played in the PL before players into gold. This ownership are warped and are taking us down.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 10:40 - Jan 22 with 2838 viewssledger

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 10:37 - Jan 22 by Southamptonfan

Benitez wouldn't come. He wants ambition and investment in the team. Fat Sam nah, too old and past it now. Dyche would be my choice but again he wouldn't come. Dyche wouldn't tolerate being told he has to develop young players with 50% home grown being on the pitch, rubbish. Blame the owners and board. The owners have and are destroying this club with a fantasist policy of turning Mara into Messi. It won't work, you can't turn unproven, never played in the PL before players into gold. This ownership are warped and are taking us down.

just look at the stupid needless free kick mara gave away for the goal
Rafa Benitez or NJ on 10:41 - Jan 22 with 2833 viewsSouthamptonfan

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 10:33 - Jan 22 by sledger

you could put any top manager in charge of this lot they still would be unable to score,still have a weakness in the dm position and would still concede set piece goals for fun,its the players

This is the truth. When we go down, the fans will see who is really at fault. Had these stupid owners stuck to their promise and given Ralph a striker in the summer (not Mara, a proper 40 million pound established proven striker), we probably wouldn't be in this position now.

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 11:10 - Jan 22 with 2796 viewsHollywood56

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 10:41 - Jan 22 by Southamptonfan

This is the truth. When we go down, the fans will see who is really at fault. Had these stupid owners stuck to their promise and given Ralph a striker in the summer (not Mara, a proper 40 million pound established proven striker), we probably wouldn't be in this position now.

They had the opportunity to sign Gakpo, flights paid for and they let him slip away.
Rafa Benitez or NJ on 11:43 - Jan 22 with 2742 viewskingslandstand1

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 10:40 - Jan 22 by sledger

just look at the stupid needless free kick mara gave away for the goal

We said that at the time
Rafa Benitez or NJ on 12:02 - Jan 22 with 2713 viewscocklebreath

I don’t get the Benitez love in, he was crap at Everton and pretty shite at Newcastle where he had money to spend.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 12:32 - Jan 22 with 2672 viewsPatfromPoole

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 11:10 - Jan 22 by Hollywood56

They had the opportunity to sign Gakpo, flights paid for and they let him slip away.

Sir

If you think Benitez would come to Saints, I would suggest you have been watching too many cartoons.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 12:45 - Jan 22 with 2651 viewsRon11

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 10:33 - Jan 22 by sledger

'It's the players'
Adam Armstrong and Djenepo were denied goals by a fantastic goalkeeping yesterday plus two goals were disallowed.
if anything needs to be questioned it'd be why were the two new additions not used yesterday and why does Jones persist with Diallo? He just gives the ball away time after time. I thought the others put a shift in, even though they're trying to work out what Jones' next move would be.
The Villa manager had Jones' tactics all worked out and Jones had no positive answer or plan B.
Result : Robbed of three points.
Rafa Benitez or NJ on 13:04 - Jan 22 with 2621 viewsSouthamptonfan

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 12:45 - Jan 22 by Ron11

'It's the players'
Adam Armstrong and Djenepo were denied goals by a fantastic goalkeeping yesterday plus two goals were disallowed.
if anything needs to be questioned it'd be why were the two new additions not used yesterday and why does Jones persist with Diallo? He just gives the ball away time after time. I thought the others put a shift in, even though they're trying to work out what Jones' next move would be.
The Villa manager had Jones' tactics all worked out and Jones had no positive answer or plan B.
Result : Robbed of three points.

"Fantastic goalkeeping". Yes, they have a world cup winning international goalkeeper, playing for the best international team in the world, we have a goal keeper from league 1 Portsmouth. F@cking Pompey!! Doesn't that say it all? It's the players all right. Villa have some great world class players such as Buendia and Coutinio. They are miles better than anything we have.

I said nothing will change. We may win a few, but we still go on losing runs. We are in the PL playing vastly superior teams who have spent money on world class players - we haven't. It's not a surprise that we are back to losing ways.

Why persist with Diallo? Because he's young and they think he can be developed and will come good to make a profit on him. I've said the answer to this many times.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 13:18]

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 13:11 - Jan 22 with 2597 viewsinthebox

It's simple if Che scores the clear chances Ralph would still be here, nows its NJ job to deal with the existential fact that we don't have a striker. Both are goalie and defence see the mess he makes of them and which adds so much pressure on them not to concede, in fact we haven't conceded that many we simply haven't scored enough.
Rafa Benitez or NJ on 13:14 - Jan 22 with 2586 viewsSouthamptonfan

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 13:11 - Jan 22 by inthebox

It's simple if Che scores the clear chances Ralph would still be here, nows its NJ job to deal with the existential fact that we don't have a striker. Both are goalie and defence see the mess he makes of them and which adds so much pressure on them not to concede, in fact we haven't conceded that many we simply haven't scored enough.

Glad people are starting to see that no matter who is manager, it's a real struggle when the players we have can't score and can't defend properly. You can't make good players when they arn't up to it. What are we expecting, miracle workers. The return of Jesus? We just don't have the quality needed. It's touch and go as to whether we can escape.

You're spot on about Adams. He missed from 2 yards at Wolves, missed sitters in other games. What can the manager do? Had we signed a decent striker in the summer, we would have more points.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 13:17]

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 15:02 - Jan 22 with 2442 viewsfelly1

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 13:14 - Jan 22 by Southamptonfan

Glad people are starting to see that no matter who is manager, it's a real struggle when the players we have can't score and can't defend properly. You can't make good players when they arn't up to it. What are we expecting, miracle workers. The return of Jesus? We just don't have the quality needed. It's touch and go as to whether we can escape.

You're spot on about Adams. He missed from 2 yards at Wolves, missed sitters in other games. What can the manager do? Had we signed a decent striker in the summer, we would have more points.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 13:17]

Agreed. We all know plenty of fans will blame the manager no matter what.
I'm sure there are better more experienced managers that we can debate about but we simply are not good enough.
A 20 year old ex league 1 goali straight into a Premier league side is rarely going to end well.
A young kid from Bordeaux who scored a 6 times in a weaker league and a relegated team is not going to come off the bench and be our saviour....and so on and so on.
I think Nathan Jones is going to have to pray to his Christian God and the Baby Jesus and we have a divine miracle and hope that the good Lord looks down kindly on us Suffering Saints... Praise be.
Rafa Benitez or NJ on 15:14 - Jan 22 with 2421 viewssolent_toffee

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 12:02 - Jan 22 by cocklebreath

I don’t get the Benitez love in, he was crap at Everton and pretty shite at Newcastle where he had money to spend.

Benitez is a nasty, divisive, toxic Kopite coont.

He took Newcastle down and would have taken Everton down had he not been sacked. He has his own PR team that spin all sorts to make him out to be the best thing ever, choreographed by the many Kopite pals he has in the media who always there to back him to the hilt and blame everyone else other than him.

He is a massive fraud. And a coont, obviously.
Rafa Benitez or NJ on 15:44 - Jan 22 with 2385 viewsI_would

According to jameshill and ianr on here, you should keep quiet and get behind the team. They reckon that losing time after time is ok and should be celebrated. Fookin mental if you ask me.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 16:01 - Jan 22 with 2365 viewsUTS1885

Benitez would never come here and i think generally hes done as a manager. The number one problem is that we didnt sack Hasenhuttl in the summer and then decide to get rid of him months into the season, when in the bottom three.
Rafa Benitez or NJ on 10:42 - Jan 28 with 2072 viewsRon11

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 16:01 - Jan 22 by UTS1885

Benitez would never come here and i think generally hes done as a manager. The number one problem is that we didnt sack Hasenhuttl in the summer and then decide to get rid of him months into the season, when in the bottom three.

Sean Dyche is now the Everton boss. He would have been the logical choice, plenty of Premiership experience, no nonsense attitude, and most of all, would have the respect of the players.
It'll be interesting to see what happens there next.
Rafa Benitez or NJ on 11:05 - Jan 28 with 2051 viewsChesham_Saint

Not that Benitez would be likely to come, but a proven manager versus our current no-mark tramp? Really?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 11:55 - Jan 28 with 2019 viewsPatfromPoole

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 10:42 - Jan 28 by Ron11

Sean Dyche is now the Everton boss. He would have been the logical choice, plenty of Premiership experience, no nonsense attitude, and most of all, would have the respect of the players.
It'll be interesting to see what happens there next.

That would have been far too sensible of Saints.

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 12:27 - Jan 28 with 1980 viewsHollywood56

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 12:32 - Jan 22 by PatfromPoole

Sir

If you think Benitez would come to Saints, I would suggest you have been watching too many cartoons.

Bit like looking at your profile picture
Rafa Benitez or NJ on 13:00 - Jan 28 with 1954 viewsdirk_doone

That would have just meant we'd have had Nathan Jones as manager for a whole season instead of half of it. Maybe we could have signed more Luton players but I'm not sure we'd have really been any better off.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 13:22 - Jan 28 with 1928 viewsGRIM

Agreed.
The damage is done, we should have got rid of RH in the summer & at the same time brought in just 3 good experienced players. Including a proven Premier lge striker + an experienced keeper + an reliable ctr back + kep Oriel to boss & anchor the midfield.
Instead we picked up a shed load of unproven academy players.
I still wonder whats happened to our production line of young academy players.
What is the point of investing a fortune in an academy if we produce nothing.
Rafa Benitez or NJ on 18:22 - Jan 28 with 1841 viewscocklebreath

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 11:05 - Jan 28 by Chesham_Saint

Not that Benitez would be likely to come, but a proven manager versus our current no-mark tramp? Really?

Proven to be a failure at his last clubs

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 00:12 - Jan 29 with 1709 viewsPatfromPoole

Just watching MOTD.

The dickhead Jones dribbling on about a 50% win ratio again.

Presumably he is excluding the Liverpool away game. And he has only won 1 League game.

Absolute arse of a bloke.

Rafa Benitez or NJ on 08:16 - Jan 29 with 1577 viewsCapt_Koons

The board have spent the last few seasons diligently crafting a championship quality squad and capped it with recruiting a championship level manager. Now our destiny will be fullfilled. No manager could craft this squad into a Premiership side, least of all Jones.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024