Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread 19:02 - Mar 24 with 31843 viewsHullDale

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:11 - Mar 26 with 2959 viewsIOMDale

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:08 - Mar 26 by D_Alien

Unbelievably, Wrexham turned it around and won 6-5 !!

Wrexham score as many in one game as we’ve scored in ten. Sigh.

UTDNFS

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:12 - Mar 26 with 2937 viewskrafty80

There can't have been many Dale performances so lacking in confidence than today's since the worst of the Steve Eyre era...which was a division higher. No belief that we can create viable chances let alone score from them. Newby is justifiably getting pelters but personally I thought O'Keeffe, despite his one shot on target, was just hopeless today as well. He's fairly tall and mobile, and yet seems to do nowt with it. Still, someone will take him in the summer so perhaps it doesn't matter...
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:13 - Mar 26 with 2910 views442Dale

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:04 - Mar 26 by D_Alien

We need something against Carlisle on Tuesday, or it could get quite ugly at the ground

Trying to look at it objectively, you’d like to think Stockdale will be well aware of the implications if we lose.

It’s sad really. There’s so many positives to him as Rochdale manager at this point in our history, but results are so far away from being good enough now. It’s difficult to look any further than not sticking to what he talked about pre-season with regards to style of play and getting the ball into the box. We saw that too for the early stages of the season, results were mixed yet we could appreciate what was happening. Formations and personnel have been almost irrelevant, it’s the way we’ve regressed as a threat because there’s been a loss of emphasis on how we wanted to play and almost forgetting it was working just fine.

Avoidable.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:15 - Mar 26 with 2880 views442Dale

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:12 - Mar 26 by krafty80

There can't have been many Dale performances so lacking in confidence than today's since the worst of the Steve Eyre era...which was a division higher. No belief that we can create viable chances let alone score from them. Newby is justifiably getting pelters but personally I thought O'Keeffe, despite his one shot on target, was just hopeless today as well. He's fairly tall and mobile, and yet seems to do nowt with it. Still, someone will take him in the summer so perhaps it doesn't matter...

Not sure that the offers will be flooding in. See the post above, his displays are a small example within a bigger situation.

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:16 - Mar 26 with 2836 views1907

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:13 - Mar 26 by 442Dale

Trying to look at it objectively, you’d like to think Stockdale will be well aware of the implications if we lose.

It’s sad really. There’s so many positives to him as Rochdale manager at this point in our history, but results are so far away from being good enough now. It’s difficult to look any further than not sticking to what he talked about pre-season with regards to style of play and getting the ball into the box. We saw that too for the early stages of the season, results were mixed yet we could appreciate what was happening. Formations and personnel have been almost irrelevant, it’s the way we’ve regressed as a threat because there’s been a loss of emphasis on how we wanted to play and almost forgetting it was working just fine.

Avoidable.

The time for looking at things objectively is over.

Stockdale is on track to become one of the worst performing Rochdale managers in history.

People are still talking about giving him the opportunity to carry on next season? Sorry, is it me or are the lunatics running the asylum???

He needs to be sacked, now.

McNulty to see us to the end of the season the reassess.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 17:17]
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:17 - Mar 26 with 2827 viewsNigeriamark

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:13 - Mar 26 by 442Dale

Avoidable.

3 home games on the bounce now, 2 of them against teams that are probably safe & with no chance of the playoffs. 4 points would do but not exactly in the bag. Next away game is Stevenage & we don't want to be going into that less than 3 points ahead of them

However I do think Oldham are done so we should dodge a real scrap, but worrying non the less at how poor we have been in 2022 since Beesley went
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:17 - Mar 26 with 2808 viewsIOMDale

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:12 - Mar 26 by krafty80

Watching this side is such a chore now, I’m losing the motivation to even watch on iPlayer so no wonder crowd figures are plummeting.

UTDNFS

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:20 - Mar 26 with 2729 views442Dale

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:16 - Mar 26 by 1907

The time for looking at things objectively is over.

Stockdale is on track to become one of the worst performing Rochdale managers in history.

People are still talking about giving him the opportunity to carry on next season? Sorry, is it me or are the lunatics running the asylum???

He needs to be sacked, now.

McNulty to see us to the end of the season the reassess.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 17:17]

Nowt wrong with looking at things objectively as much as possible.

Not seen many posts in this thread mentioning next season, there seems to be a focus on the here and now. That we are where we are is because we aren’t doing what we have done, could do and should do. Simply that.

It’s on the manager without doubt. Bit sad, like I said.

Login to get fewer ads

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:24 - Mar 26 with 2647 views1907

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:20 - Mar 26 by 442Dale

Not seen many posts in this thread mentioning next season, there seems to be a focus on the here and now. That we are where we are is because we aren’t doing what we have done, could do and should do. Simply that.

I’m not having a go but we’ve spent 7 months making excuses for this bloke, because he comes across as a nice guy.

If we do survive this season, who the hell is going to get relegated ahead of us next season if big hitters come up?

Stockdale will not take this club forward, next season will not be better than this. What you’re seeing is what you’ll get.

If the club do not take immediate action we are in trouble.

It finally feels like a lot of other fans are finally waking up to the dire situation we are in.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:24 - Mar 26 with 2634 viewsDaleFan7

Some is on the manager but there's a lot on the players too. We've had 3 managers in recent seasons and absolutely nothing has changed. There's possibly 4 or 5 players I'd keep here next season. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest if it was the longest list of released players in football league history.

The bottom 5 teams have won 1 game in the last 30 between them. That's the only reason we're staying up this season. Not through any tactical genius from the manager or fight from the players.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:27 - Mar 26 with 2589 viewsD_Alien

"Not seen many posts in this thread mentioning next season, there seems to be a focus on the here and now."

Yes, a clear change over the past 2/3 weeks, and yes, it'd be with sadness rather than anger if the board are forced to make a move; even if we stay clear of the bottom two, to make a move to secure our finances due to dwindling support and with a view to ST sales

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:28 - Mar 26 with 2582 viewsNorthernDale

Newby is so overrated, he should not start another game, he either passed the ball sideways or held onto the ball far too often. I also thought Downing had a poor game and lost the ball too many times, which may be due to tiredness after his injury. Again we had 56% possession, but did not win or score, does Stockdale not realise that you do not get points for possession football. We were just as good Crawley, but again we over passed the ball and generally as a result, lost it when we eventually made a mistake or two. Whereas Crawley passed the ball quicker and with less touches on the ball. The biggest positive was Charman's performance and makes you ask the question, why as Stockdale not used him more previously.

At least we looked better when he had Charman, Andrews and Cashman up front. I also thought Done had a decent game. On Tuesday I would start with Andrews, Done and Charman, and with Kelly in midfield, with Newby and Broadbent on the bench. But Stockdale change the formation, the players or play the same system and team.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:29 - Mar 26 with 2547 viewsboromat

We were poor again today but so we're Crawley such a scrappy game.

Downing and O'Connell were woeful. Dorsett obviously made the mistake for the goal but over the whole game was the better of the 3.

Wing backs aren't performing at the moment. Keohane should be starting for for me and if we need to change both Odoh performed excellent at lwb on a couple of occasions. Talking if Odoh where is he? I know he had a couple of poor showings but with the lack of goals in the last few months I would have thought he could bring something different.

Charman did reasonably well and was keen to get shots off. Frustratingly he looked best when he had to drop deep to get the ball and go on his own.

Andrews and Cashman both did well when they came on. Could see Andrews starting on Tuesday.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:31 - Mar 26 with 2495 viewsSaxonDale

We were so poor today and there’s quite a few individual points which could be made but quite frankly I haven’t got the motivation as they’re points which are made every single week. One question I would love an answer to though is how can Charman go from not being fit enough for more than a 10 minute cameo in the week to playing the full 90 today? We’ve been crying out for someone to partner Campbell upfront and on today’s showing it looks like Charman could’ve been doing that for a while.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 17:39]
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:33 - Mar 26 with 2477 viewsCedar_Room

So ultimately we’re in the same position we were at the start of the game - 9 points clear of relegation and now with just 8 games to go. Oldham would need to get 10 points more than us in order to stay up (above us at least) and that increasingly feels like too much of an ask. Which is a reflection on the task facing Oldham rather than any confidence in us picking up points. I can see us finishing on 45 with one win and two draws over the next 8 but that might be one of those wins which only comes once we are mathematically safe. Should however that 9 point gap drop to 6 over the next couple of games then the board will have a serious decision to make - Oldham at least are still scoring goals and appear to be putting a bit of fight into their games. If it becomes more likely for them to make the great escape then I have no faith whatsoever that Stockdale will be able to inject some drive into this team to secure us some points if our backs become truly up against the wall.

So if we do manage to stay up I’m still prepared to give Stockdale the opportunity to recruit who he wants in the summer and have a few months to see how he works with all his own players. If this form continues and nothing seems to improve I’d be happy to see him go early doors. We would have been lucky to stay up this season and that sort of luck always runs out.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:34 - Mar 26 with 2453 viewsjfmolyneux

Made the short trip from N London to watch that.
Two poor teams, but once again we proved to be the poorer of the two.
We just look so bereft of confidence, there’s no zip about our play, no ideas, no urgency, a lot of poor first touches or indecisive play. Dooley and Broadbent as a midfield two was horrible to watch, Kelly came on and showed a little bit more quality but that’s not saying much.

The 5 at the back means our wing backs look isolated. We never have anyone overlapping for crosses, I got so sick of seeing Clark out on the left, all on his own with no support, so he either turns back, tries and fails to beat their RB, or tries to hoof a hopeful looping cross in from way out on the byline. I reckon 75% of his crosses today were blocked.

Newby bottled it with that header, Beesley would’ve stuck his head in there.

Only positives I can take are that Charman looks to have a bit more about him than Campbell, always looking to be direct and get the shot in. Also thought Cashman also looked decent when he came on.
No idea where the next win is coming from but we really really need one.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:39 - Mar 26 with 2372 views1907

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:34 - Mar 26 by jfmolyneux

Made the short trip from N London to watch that.
Two poor teams, but once again we proved to be the poorer of the two.
We just look so bereft of confidence, there’s no zip about our play, no ideas, no urgency, a lot of poor first touches or indecisive play. Dooley and Broadbent as a midfield two was horrible to watch, Kelly came on and showed a little bit more quality but that’s not saying much.

The 5 at the back means our wing backs look isolated. We never have anyone overlapping for crosses, I got so sick of seeing Clark out on the left, all on his own with no support, so he either turns back, tries and fails to beat their RB, or tries to hoof a hopeful looping cross in from way out on the byline. I reckon 75% of his crosses today were blocked.

Newby bottled it with that header, Beesley would’ve stuck his head in there.

Only positives I can take are that Charman looks to have a bit more about him than Campbell, always looking to be direct and get the shot in. Also thought Cashman also looked decent when he came on.
No idea where the next win is coming from but we really really need one.

Agree with everything you say other than Clarke

He is absolutely awful. The product he delivered throughout that game today was pathetic. No quality whatsoever and plenty of opportunity to do so.

Keohane scored 10 goals (I think) from LWB last season… When was the last time RS played him there???

More clueless, ineptitude from a pathetic management duo.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:45 - Mar 26 with 2300 viewsCrede_Sign0

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:04 - Mar 26 by DaleFan7

2 goals and 0 wins in 7 games. Delightful.

More of the same on Tuesday?

What is it they say about Deaths and taxes……
You can add Dale drawing a blank to that list.
Our only hope is to pray for 8 nil nils to see us over the line.
Great to see Charman today - he looked bright, and will hopefully bang a couple in and spare us from the dullness - And aside from bottling the header - I actually thought Newby looked our most creative/best chance.

We had several postponed games in around the Notts County win - and playing those with Beasley and Morley still in the side, and with the confidence of that 3-0 win could well have got us the points we need.
Carlisle were one of those cancelled games - who at the time were woeful.
Today they move top of the league 2 form charts, as we head to the bottom.
Col U will get enough, and Stevenage under Evans will finish above us - it’s us, Barrow or Oldham.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:50 - Mar 26 with 2260 viewsboromat

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:45 - Mar 26 by Crede_Sign0

What is it they say about Deaths and taxes……
You can add Dale drawing a blank to that list.
Our only hope is to pray for 8 nil nils to see us over the line.
Great to see Charman today - he looked bright, and will hopefully bang a couple in and spare us from the dullness - And aside from bottling the header - I actually thought Newby looked our most creative/best chance.

We had several postponed games in around the Notts County win - and playing those with Beasley and Morley still in the side, and with the confidence of that 3-0 win could well have got us the points we need.
Carlisle were one of those cancelled games - who at the time were woeful.
Today they move top of the league 2 form charts, as we head to the bottom.
Col U will get enough, and Stevenage under Evans will finish above us - it’s us, Barrow or Oldham.

Don't worry I can't make it on Tuesday. The last time I couldn't make it, it was Dale 3 - Newport 0.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:54 - Mar 26 with 2199 views442Dale

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:24 - Mar 26 by 1907

I’m not having a go but we’ve spent 7 months making excuses for this bloke, because he comes across as a nice guy.

If we do survive this season, who the hell is going to get relegated ahead of us next season if big hitters come up?

Stockdale will not take this club forward, next season will not be better than this. What you’re seeing is what you’ll get.

If the club do not take immediate action we are in trouble.

It finally feels like a lot of other fans are finally waking up to the dire situation we are in.

Seven months ago was the end of August. When we looked perfectly ok.

There’s no waking up amongst those I’ve spoken to, more a realistic assessment and acceptance of how we’ve gone downhill.

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 18:00 - Mar 26 with 2130 views442Dale

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:28 - Mar 26 by NorthernDale

Newby is so overrated, he should not start another game, he either passed the ball sideways or held onto the ball far too often. I also thought Downing had a poor game and lost the ball too many times, which may be due to tiredness after his injury. Again we had 56% possession, but did not win or score, does Stockdale not realise that you do not get points for possession football. We were just as good Crawley, but again we over passed the ball and generally as a result, lost it when we eventually made a mistake or two. Whereas Crawley passed the ball quicker and with less touches on the ball. The biggest positive was Charman's performance and makes you ask the question, why as Stockdale not used him more previously.

At least we looked better when he had Charman, Andrews and Cashman up front. I also thought Done had a decent game. On Tuesday I would start with Andrews, Done and Charman, and with Kelly in midfield, with Newby and Broadbent on the bench. But Stockdale change the formation, the players or play the same system and team.

Taken in isolation, trying to ignore all the valid noise around it, would go 4-4-2. Unfortunately that means Dorsett drops out because experience wins the day, Keohane and Clark at full back. Odoh on one wing, Done/Grant on the other, Charman and Andrews/Campbell/Cashman/Done up front - both central.

Can’t even be bothered to think about who plays in central midfield using the usual options. But there’s actually an alternative and play Dorsett at CH and stick O’Connell there.

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 18:01 - Mar 26 with 2112 views1907

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 17:54 - Mar 26 by 442Dale

Seven months ago was the end of August. When we looked perfectly ok.

There’s no waking up amongst those I’ve spoken to, more a realistic assessment and acceptance of how we’ve gone downhill.

“Seven months ago was the end of August. When we looked perfectly ok.“ Our first league win of the season came on September 11th. Things weren’t OK on the first game of the season, they weren’t OK at the end of august either. They’ve only ever been OK for a couple of games following the results at Northampton & Port Vale.

We’ve been utter sh1te for the majority of the season. I know a lot of reasonable & patient Dale fans who have seen today as a turning point to do what’s right and remove this useless manager from this club.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 18:06 - Mar 26 with 2051 viewsD_Alien

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 18:01 - Mar 26 by 1907

“Seven months ago was the end of August. When we looked perfectly ok.“ Our first league win of the season came on September 11th. Things weren’t OK on the first game of the season, they weren’t OK at the end of august either. They’ve only ever been OK for a couple of games following the results at Northampton & Port Vale.

We’ve been utter sh1te for the majority of the season. I know a lot of reasonable & patient Dale fans who have seen today as a turning point to do what’s right and remove this useless manager from this club.

Whatever happens, needs to happen calmly and without rancour

Making our travails into a 'points scoring' exercise would be even less useful than RS's attempts at trying to turn our performances into a points scoring exercise
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 18:10]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 18:09 - Mar 26 with 2022 views442Dale

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 18:01 - Mar 26 by 1907

We beat Northampton on the 21st August. By the end of August we were mid table, in the second round of the League Cup and had played well against Liverpool u21s in the PJT. We then took this form into September and continued to progress playing a style of football that was winning plaudits, especially on stats alone with all the xG stuff. These are the facts.

Was it perfect no, but we were in an ok place with a new manager and a squad that was still gelling.

There have been glimpses since and it’s been false dawns though as we’ve not been able to retain that identity and consistent inconsistency. We’ve now become pretty rubbish. Doesn’t change history though.

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 18:10 - Mar 26 with 2015 viewsIOMDale

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 18:06 - Mar 26 by D_Alien

Whatever happens, needs to happen calmly and without rancour

Making our travails into a 'points scoring' exercise would be even less useful than RS's attempts at trying to turn our performances into a points scoring exercise

I wish he was making our performances into a point-scoring exercise!

UTDNFS

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024