Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser 16:23 - Mar 13 with 7480 viewsLblock

UPDATE FOR END APRIL AT BOTTOM OF THIS THREAD!!!

I was in three or four minds to post this on here for various reasons - but the over-riding factor for me was to raise funds so here it is.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/colin-goodmanhalfmillionstepschallenge?u

If anyone can spare a few quid it will be gratefully received and, most importantly, put to good use by a campaign that needs more visibility - it could save your life or the life of a man you love.

Thanks

LBlock

RTID
[Post edited 27 Apr 2022 13:25]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 20:37 - Mar 15 with 2071 viewsqpr_1968

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 16:16 - Mar 14 by doogi10

i had mine out in january just been given the all clear a great cause
gentlemen need to get checked early.the sooner it is caught more chance of a quick recovey.
from finding out to all clear 4 months.

doog, very best wishes to you mate.
surprised others havent wished you good luck either.
big decision to have your prostate out.
hope you have a very long and healthy life.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 21:28 - Mar 15 with 2016 viewsLblock

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 17:46 - Mar 15 by Hooping_Mad

Vey best of luck, hope everything goes ok

Can I just add my two pence worth, there a couple of other very 'male' cancers out there, and I am very slowly recovering from one or two of those as well so please may I add if it hasn't already been added please check yourself or even get a loved one to do it for you if your nervous or unsure

I waited 9 weeks from noticing a change to seeing my GP. During that time I grew a tennis ball sized tumour between my stomach and spine.

Waiting nine weeks meant the difference between surgery and surgery plus 3 rounds of the 'worst' Chemo imaginable.

Don't be too embarrassed to get things checked !

Thanks for starting this thread

Can I ask what you had mate?

Hope you are going from strength to strength and recover 100%

They say it’s no fun getting old but I tell you what….. I hope we all do and get the chance to prove ‘em wrong

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 21:36 - Mar 15 with 2015 viewsLblock

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 16:16 - Mar 14 by doogi10

i had mine out in january just been given the all clear a great cause
gentlemen need to get checked early.the sooner it is caught more chance of a quick recovey.
from finding out to all clear 4 months.

A radical prosectomy was the second option put in front of me.

Brilliant that’s gone spot on for you mate.
Keep going from strength to strength

That’s a quick turnaround for an all clear. My chosen route involves a fair bit of waiting and also (probably) checks for the rest of my life. Minor inconvenience as far as I’m concerned

I’d imagine they’ve given you advice of keeping that area safe and healthy??? I’m adding pomegranate, kale etc to my diet hoping that has positive effects.

You’re spot on Re: checks - LOOK AFTER YOURSELVES

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 21:45 - Mar 15 with 1994 viewsqpr_1968

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 17:46 - Mar 15 by Hooping_Mad

Vey best of luck, hope everything goes ok

Can I just add my two pence worth, there a couple of other very 'male' cancers out there, and I am very slowly recovering from one or two of those as well so please may I add if it hasn't already been added please check yourself or even get a loved one to do it for you if your nervous or unsure

I waited 9 weeks from noticing a change to seeing my GP. During that time I grew a tennis ball sized tumour between my stomach and spine.

Waiting nine weeks meant the difference between surgery and surgery plus 3 rounds of the 'worst' Chemo imaginable.

Don't be too embarrassed to get things checked !

Thanks for starting this thread

i sincerely hope you make a full and speedy recovery from this HP.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 15:07 - Mar 16 with 1806 viewswestberksr

good to hear that the treatment and recovery are going well.

i'm on a 6 monthly PSA testing regime for now and monitoring how it goes. £ biopsies and MRI scans later its still just enlarged; thankfully. I can live with that, just need to know where the nearest/next toilet is!!

wishing you ongoing good health!
Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 22:00 - Mar 16 with 1701 viewsHooping_Mad

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 21:28 - Mar 15 by Lblock

Can I ask what you had mate?

Hope you are going from strength to strength and recover 100%

They say it’s no fun getting old but I tell you what….. I hope we all do and get the chance to prove ‘em wrong

Thank you, yes getting stronger but honestly wasn't prepared for how long the recovery would take. Taking things a little slower than I used to, getting mates to help/do jobs I wouldn't have thought twice about a two years ago.

I had Testicular cancer, which spread to the back of the stomach and also a nyph node. First surgery in December 2019, finished chemo may 2021. Basically did the whole thing through the worst of the covid days so not a lot of fun. The nurses who dispensed the drugs during treatment were absolutely wonderful trying to manage 100 cancer patients at a time with all the rules and restrictions in place. If they ever had a bad day you would never have known it.

Good Luck Fella's

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 22:06 - Mar 16 with 1698 viewsLblock

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 22:00 - Mar 16 by Hooping_Mad

Thank you, yes getting stronger but honestly wasn't prepared for how long the recovery would take. Taking things a little slower than I used to, getting mates to help/do jobs I wouldn't have thought twice about a two years ago.

I had Testicular cancer, which spread to the back of the stomach and also a nyph node. First surgery in December 2019, finished chemo may 2021. Basically did the whole thing through the worst of the covid days so not a lot of fun. The nurses who dispensed the drugs during treatment were absolutely wonderful trying to manage 100 cancer patients at a time with all the rules and restrictions in place. If they ever had a bad day you would never have known it.

Good Luck Fella's

Listen mate… fcuk any worries about “taking things a little slower” – you’re here still doing things and will be for a while yet and THAT is great!!!

The NHS are amazing, sure still big frustrations with it but they really are heroes.

Keep on keeping on mate; get better all the time.

Take care

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 23:41 - Mar 16 with 1659 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Best wishes to you both and everybody struggling with this disease .
Login to get fewer ads

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 16:29 - Mar 17 with 1579 viewsE17hoop

I reckon that's about 8 miles a day? By the end of the month you'll be in Sheffield.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 11:28 - Mar 19 with 1382 viewsPunteR

Just had a quick look at the total so far.. what a brilliant effort. 83% of the target in the first week.
Time to order a new pair of trainers Lblock.. :)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 17:43 - Mar 29 with 1236 viewsPunteR

Smashing the target, Nice one Lblock.
Just thought id give this thread a bump back up to page 1. :)

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 13:20 - Apr 27 with 1031 viewsLblock

An update.....

I have today completed my challenge some three and a half days ahead of target.
All noted in updated link here:-
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/colin-goodmanhalfmillionstepschallenge

The most important thing though is the fundraising and that has been a joy to see, even our Manager contributing (yeah okay... )

I just wanted to say a final massive thanks to everyone who contributed via this website.
Really blown away with the level of support from here.

As I state in the link -- I'll be doing a Forrest Gump and continuing the walking regime next few days to push through 500k and the donation link remains open.

Love & respect to you all X

EDIT:
Just wanted to add.... original offer to discuss / talk through what I've been through with anybody else remains open. Don't sit there wondering - ASK!
I never went away, certainly won't be posting as much as I used to, but any DM's on this will 100% be answered - happy to help in any small way if I can.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2022 13:24]

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 15:18 - Apr 27 with 963 viewsPunteR

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 13:20 - Apr 27 by Lblock

An update.....

The most important thing though is the fundraising and that has been a joy to see, even our Manager contributing (yeah okay... )

I just wanted to say a final massive thanks to everyone who contributed via this website.

As I state in the link -- I'll be doing a Forrest Gump and continuing the walking regime next few days to push through 500k and the donation link remains open.

EDIT:
Just wanted to add.... original offer to discuss / talk through what I've been through with anybody else remains open. Don't sit there wondering - ASK!
I never went away, certainly won't be posting as much as I used to, but any DM's on this will 100% be answered - happy to help in any small way if I can.

Well done mate. Turning something negative in your life into a positive thing is a credit to you.
Respect. X

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 20:04 - Apr 27 with 866 viewswestberksr

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 13:20 - Apr 27 by Lblock

An update.....

EDIT:

superb effort mate; all the very best wishes for your ongoing good health and cheerful demeanour
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024