Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Omicron Prickly Heat 05:42 - Dec 20 with 28143 viewsA40Bosh

Woke up 2am on Sunday morning with a fully developed head and chest cold and 5:30am Monday morning still haven’t been able to get any sleep since

Had loads of negative Lat Flow tests in the past but after taking a test Sunday morning the second line appeared to confirm I had it after about 30 secs.

The thing that has kept me awake is not the feeling rough as I am not too bad but either my immune or my booster three weeks ago doesn’t like Omicron and has given me the worst prickly heat since I was in Crete when I was 18.

Just hope the Mrs and girls can swerve it before Christmas but I can’t see how they can even we me being banished to solitary confinement since 9am on Sunday..

Make sure you get some antihistamine in just in case this is a common side effect as I haven’t any until the shops open and someone gets out of bed for me 😂

Edit: turns out we had some antihistamine in the cupboard all the time😭
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 8:47]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 14:24 - Dec 25 with 3002 viewsBoston

Negative test for me this morning, unfortunately a positive for Mrs. Boston. The symptoms (at the moment) are the same as a bad head cold. Poor old girl, she'll have to isolate to the kitchen now

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:56 - Dec 25 with 2859 viewsMancR

I just watched the family opening their presents downstairs via a whatsapp video call. Will be eating Christmas dinner, watching them eat theirs shortly. Very strange Christmas, stuck up here until 30th. Hope team can cheer me up on Monday.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 17:17 - Dec 25 with 2841 viewsMick_S

Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:56 - Dec 25 by MancR

I just watched the family opening their presents downstairs via a whatsapp video call. Will be eating Christmas dinner, watching them eat theirs shortly. Very strange Christmas, stuck up here until 30th. Hope team can cheer me up on Monday.

That’s awful mate. Roll on Monday and good luck to you all. I’ve been so lucky, so far - I really don’t understand how it’s passed me by when all my family got plagued. Hope Monday goes well for you and all of us.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 17:45 - Dec 25 with 2797 viewsBoston

Omicron Prickly Heat on 17:17 - Dec 25 by Mick_S

That’s awful mate. Roll on Monday and good luck to you all. I’ve been so lucky, so far - I really don’t understand how it’s passed me by when all my family got plagued. Hope Monday goes well for you and all of us.

Exactly my thoughts Mick....we walk among them.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 00:41 - Dec 26 with 2581 viewsBoston

We have another problem now, one that is going to last longer than any pandemic. My roast potatoes were voted better than Mrs. Boston's - this isn't going to end well.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 13:44 - Dec 26 with 2369 viewskensalriser

Omicron Prickly Heat on 00:41 - Dec 26 by Boston

We have another problem now, one that is going to last longer than any pandemic. My roast potatoes were voted better than Mrs. Boston's - this isn't going to end well.

No, you'll be obliged to make them not only every Christmas now, but every time they're required. Bad move.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 15:29 - Dec 26 with 2291 viewsPunteR

Negative. Whoop whoop.
Back on roast potatoe duties for me then...lol

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:15 - Dec 26 with 2252 viewsJuzzie

Omicron Prickly Heat on 13:44 - Dec 26 by kensalriser

No, you'll be obliged to make them not only every Christmas now, but every time they're required. Bad move.

Years ago a lad at work purposely made the boss a bad cup of coffee. Never got asked again. Smart lad.
Login to get fewer ads

Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:29 - Dec 26 with 2233 viewsnix

Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:15 - Dec 26 by Juzzie

Years ago a lad at work purposely made the boss a bad cup of coffee. Never got asked again. Smart lad.

There's a name for it: strategic incompetence. I wish I'd thought of it when I was interminably made to make the coffee when I worked in various offices.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 17:27 - Dec 26 with 2174 viewsBoston

Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:15 - Dec 26 by Juzzie

Ha, reminds me of a bloke in Wembley called John McKenna who, when an apprentice mechanic, accidentally dropped Swarfega into the tea pot.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 17:30 - Dec 26 with 2163 viewsNorthernr

Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:29 - Dec 26 by nix

There's a name for it: strategic incompetence. I wish I'd thought of it when I was interminably made to make the coffee when I worked in various offices.

Yup.

Mum - can you just crumble that stock cube into the gravy jug?
Clive - Holds hand high in the air, bursts stock cube and spreads powder over an area the size of the Isle of Wight.

Didn't get asked to help with the Sunday dinner again.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 22:18 - Dec 26 with 1981 viewsterryb

Omicron Prickly Heat on 17:30 - Dec 26 by Northernr

Yup.

Mum - can you just crumble that stock cube into the gravy jug?
Clive - Holds hand high in the air, bursts stock cube and spreads powder over an area the size of the Isle of Wight.

Didn't get asked to help with the Sunday dinner again.

I was banished from ironing & wallpapering after my attempts!

Nearly 50 years ago & I still celebrate my incompetance!
Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:07 - Dec 27 with 1746 viewsA40Bosh

No trip to HQ for me tonight 😢😢😩😩
Properly fed up

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 21:51 - Dec 31 with 1487 viewsGloryHunter

Bad timing for me. Felt a bit rough last evening - three days after going to the Bournemouth game. Couldn't sleep last night, just like the OP. LFTest this morning - bright pink line pops up in about two seconds! Now trying to get my aching muscles comfortable in my lonely bed. Fortunately everyone else in the house has tested clear.

My guess is that I didn't catch it at HQ, but most likely on the train/tube, which were heaving, with the usual gobby unmasked idiots shouting all over everyone else.

Oh well, HNY everyone!
Omicron Prickly Heat on 01:18 - Jan 1 with 1354 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Omicron Prickly Heat on 21:51 - Dec 31 by GloryHunter

Bad timing for me. Felt a bit rough last evening - three days after going to the Bournemouth game. Couldn't sleep last night, just like the OP. LFTest this morning - bright pink line pops up in about two seconds! Now trying to get my aching muscles comfortable in my lonely bed. Fortunately everyone else in the house has tested clear.

My guess is that I didn't catch it at HQ, but most likely on the train/tube, which were heaving, with the usual gobby unmasked idiots shouting all over everyone else.

Oh well, HNY everyone!

Best wishes GloryHunter just remember the 3 key things.Hydration Hydration Hydration and Vitimin C + D
Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:44 - Jan 1 with 1188 viewsGloryHunter

Omicron Prickly Heat on 01:18 - Jan 1 by CLAREMAN1995

Best wishes GloryHunter just remember the 3 key things.Hydration Hydration Hydration and Vitimin C + D

Those things are all in beer, aren't they?
Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:56 - Jan 1 with 1172 viewsNorthernr

Omicron Prickly Heat on 21:51 - Dec 31 by GloryHunter

Oh well, HNY everyone!

Good luck mate, rest up, lots of water etc.

If it's as mild as mine was it's actually quite a nice chance to just chill for a few days, and you've got it out of the way then as well, so hopefully you get the same experience.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024