Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the club lost the plot? 14:58 - Aug 31 with 2971 viewsdeanscfc

Why are we selling both Roberts and Lowe and why for such small amounts? Both players are worth far more than what we are selling them for. Kamikaze stuff. League 1 here we come.
Has the club lost the plot? on 15:11 - Aug 31 with 2922 viewsdobjack2

Have you noticed that Roberts was out of contract at the end of the season? When that happens bids drop alarmingly
Has the club lost the plot? on 15:13 - Aug 31 with 2905 viewsraynor94

Who else was after Roberts?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Has the club lost the plot? on 15:18 - Aug 31 with 2869 viewsCatullus

Yeah, last year of his contract and Lowe, did you notice Demarai Gray went for a similar amount (1.7 million) and I rate Gray much the better player.

Grimes is also in the last year of his deal so his fee will be lower than it would have last year.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Has the club lost the plot? on 15:23 - Aug 31 with 2838 viewsdobjack2

Has the club lost the plot? on 15:13 - Aug 31 by raynor94

Who else was after Roberts?

Nobody by the sounds of it so no auction. Take it or leave it bid with Conor presumably wanting to leave. Buyers market in those circumstances.
Has the club lost the plot? on 15:31 - Aug 31 with 2779 viewsjack247

We’ll see. I can understand the Roberts one with his contract running down. £1.5m seems very cheap for Lowe. Gone quiet on Grimes, but there was a bid a day or two ago, so that wouldn’t surprise me either.
Has the club lost the plot? on 16:36 - Aug 31 with 2647 viewsswan65split

not sure what's the worst, the fees , or the fact clubs they are mentioning are fellow or should be fellow contenders.

selling our sole/hopes for what 4 mill?
Has the club lost the plot? on 16:53 - Aug 31 with 2564 viewsReslovenSwan1

Has the club lost the plot? on 16:36 - Aug 31 by swan65split

not sure what's the worst, the fees , or the fact clubs they are mentioning are fellow or should be fellow contenders.

selling our sole/hopes for what 4 mill?

Wigan were mugged for Joseph who was linked to Spurs.
Ipswich were mugged with Downes who was linked for much more at Bournemouth.
Piroe looks like an absolute snip. ( they put in a sell on apparently).
Liard and Williams are very highly rated.
Walsh is highly talented came for free.

Cash in the bank surplus and its still early.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Has the club lost the plot? on 16:58 - Aug 31 with 2527 viewsswan65split

Has the club lost the plot? on 16:53 - Aug 31 by ReslovenSwan1

Hopefully, ATM its looking very poor.
Login to get fewer ads

Has the club lost the plot? on 16:59 - Aug 31 with 2521 viewsjack247

This may just be the post Covid financial reality for clubs at our level for the time being.

As Resolven has eluded to, on the little we’ve seen of Piroe, he looks a ridiculous bargain at a million. Downes was already Ipswich captain. Walsh and Paterson were free. Don’t know what wages they are on but we wouldn’t have broke the bank.
Has the club lost the plot? on 17:11 - Aug 31 with 2464 viewsmonmouth

Roberts because he’s ordinary defensively as a full back and ordinary in attack as a wing back. And dreadful wherever the hell he was playing in the play off final. His local roots mask his faults (for me too). If I was a buying club would I pay more than 2.5m for Connor. No chance not even that, especially in a league that he has no track record.

Lowe has been utter cack for months. He’ll have a few good moments, but he is all potential, no kinetic.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 17:11]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Has the club lost the plot? on 17:48 - Aug 31 with 2344 viewsKilkennyjack

Has the club lost the plot? on 17:11 - Aug 31 by monmouth

Roberts because he’s ordinary defensively as a full back and ordinary in attack as a wing back. And dreadful wherever the hell he was playing in the play off final. His local roots mask his faults (for me too). If I was a buying club would I pay more than 2.5m for Connor. No chance not even that, especially in a league that he has no track record.

Lowe has been utter cack for months. He’ll have a few good moments, but he is all potential, no kinetic.

Harsh but it has made me think …

Beware of the Risen People

Has the club lost the plot? on 17:52 - Aug 31 with 2322 viewslondonlisa2001

Has the club lost the plot? on 16:53 - Aug 31 by ReslovenSwan1

If Wigan were mugged for Joseph why are we loaning him to Cheltenham?

Walsh came for free btw as he cannot stay fit for any time at all. hopefully that will change but not great so far is it.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 17:52]
Has the club lost the plot? on 18:02 - Aug 31 with 2284 viewsReslovenSwan1

Has the club lost the plot? on 17:52 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

If Wigan were mugged for Joseph why are we loaning him to Cheltenham?

Walsh came for free btw as he cannot stay fit for any time at all. hopefully that will change but not great so far is it.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 17:52]

I suspect Martin is so impressed with him he has changed his mind. It is a dynamic scenario. Lowe was a winger playing Centre forward while Joseph is a centre forward playing winger. Selling Lowe and keeping Joseph appears on that basis seems to be a good solution.

Swansea have a good number of young prospects desperate to play somewhere. All quiet on the Dhanda front.

Has the club lost the plot? on 18:04 - Aug 31 with 2275 viewslondonlisa2001

Has the club lost the plot? on 18:02 - Aug 31 by ReslovenSwan1

I suspect Martin is so impressed with him he has changed his mind. It is a dynamic scenario. Lowe was a winger playing Centre forward while Joseph is a centre forward playing winger. Selling Lowe and keeping Joseph appears on that basis seems to be a good solution.

Swansea have a good number of young prospects desperate to play somewhere. All quiet on the Dhanda front.

He’s so impressed with him he’s keeping Cullen instead?
Has the club lost the plot? on 18:05 - Aug 31 with 2271 viewsDr_Winston

Not sure about the club but quite a lot of the fans appear to.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Has the club lost the plot? on 18:09 - Aug 31 with 2255 viewsBillyChong

Has the club lost the plot? on 17:11 - Aug 31 by monmouth

5 goals 7 assists wasn’t a bad return from Roberts last season. Only Ayew and Lowe were involved in more combined goals/assists.
Has the club lost the plot? on 18:09 - Aug 31 with 2249 viewsReslovenSwan1

Has the club lost the plot? on 18:04 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

He’s so impressed with him he’s keeping Cullen instead?

Its too dynamic for me not being on twitter. Cheltenam back in it seems. Obafemi is back on.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 18:20]

Has the club lost the plot? on 18:56 - Aug 31 with 2164 viewsshingle

Has the club lost the plot? on 15:11 - Aug 31 by dobjack2

Have you noticed that Roberts was out of contract at the end of the season? When that happens bids drop alarmingly

Who negotiated the contract and allowed it to come to this does it not register in your mindset just how badly this club is being run
Has the club lost the plot? on 19:18 - Aug 31 with 2118 viewsdobjack2

Has the club lost the plot? on 18:56 - Aug 31 by shingle

Who negotiated the contract and allowed it to come to this does it not register in your mindset just how badly this club is being run

If a player doesn’t want to extend a current contract or sign a new one for whatever reason then if they are going to be in demand the player is in control as there is always the threat of running down a contract. Clubs bidding for a player in the last year of a contract know this and will put lowball bids in.

So faced with that situation what would you have done with Grimes and Roberts ?

Would you have looked to sell Them both in the last January window? They potentially would have gone for more money. Only one slight issue, how would that have gone down with fans?

Would you be prepared to lose them both in this window for less money but use the transfer fees to bring in players?

Would you refuse to sell them unless your valuation was met and risk having an unsettled player that is likely to go on a free at the end of the season with nothing in transfer fees to replace them?
Has the club lost the plot? on 20:19 - Aug 31 with 2016 viewsmonmouth

Has the club lost the plot? on 18:09 - Aug 31 by BillyChong

5 goals 7 assists wasn’t a bad return from Roberts last season. Only Ayew and Lowe were involved in more combined goals/assists.

I like Connor but will he repeat that? And assist might mean he passed to Ayew to cut in and score left footed. Was his form last season in the championship worth more than 2.5m in the premiership on the last year of his contract? I’m saying no, and the market said no. So, no the club hasn’t lost its marbles. Lowe I might have kept but Martin clearly doesn’t fancy him and he clearly wants out (or I hope he does, given that he’s hardly broken sweat since about April). So has the club lost its marbles taking the only offer on the table? Maybe could have held on but if we’re not going to play him and he can’t be arsed or isn’t up to it (jury out), then on balance I’d also say no.

And I’m no apologist for the yanks. I think their approach in transfer windows has been extraordinarily unsettling. But I can rationalise these. If we don’t get anyone in, but a load of crap excuse, then I can see real trouble ahead.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Has the club lost the plot? on 22:16 - Aug 31 with 1832 viewsWalterBoyd

Has the club lost the plot? on 18:09 - Aug 31 by BillyChong

So everyone who either scored or created a goal last season is gone.

Perhaps it was time for a reset, I really hope it works out for everyone- players, fans and firstly SCFC.

I want an enjoyable year of football, win some, lose some , draw some.

A year of building, building a successful cohesive team and push for promotion next year.

P.s. if we do get into playoffs this year that would be a hell of an over achievement, given the complete rebuild.
Has the club lost the plot? on 06:49 - Sep 1 with 1709 viewsSwans9

Roberts is proven at this level and he was starting to hit the onion bag regularly. The championship isn't championship manager as we are now going to find out. Look how long it took Roberts to go on loan then establish himself. We are replacing good players with free transfers and hoping on potential. Next season I see season tickets sales plummeting. Massive rebuild let's hope some signings hit ground running.
Has the club lost the plot? on 08:10 - Sep 1 with 1657 viewsWhiterockin

Has the club lost the plot? on 06:49 - Sep 1 by Swans9

Roberts is proven at this level and he was starting to hit the onion bag regularly. The championship isn't championship manager as we are now going to find out. Look how long it took Roberts to go on loan then establish himself. We are replacing good players with free transfers and hoping on potential. Next season I see season tickets sales plummeting. Massive rebuild let's hope some signings hit ground running.

Every year we hear from the doom and gloom merchants season ticket sales will collapse, year on year they hold up. These people have no Idea what true Swans fans feel.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024