Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woke. 01:11 - Jul 25 with 5011 viewsItchySphincter

The term seems to offend many.

I didn't choose it but if you label me woke I'll wear it with pride.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Woke. on 11:05 - Jul 25 with 1064 viewsItchySphincter

Woke. on 10:48 - Jul 25 by felixstowe_jack

Hardly a silly example just an example of different meanings of the same word

1. Woke the correct and original meaning as in
I woke up this morning

2. The American New meaning as in

I am woke I recognise social and racial injustice

3 The new UK meaning

Woke easily offered by anything.

We’ll I haven’t seen the ‘new UK meaning’ as a definition. I will happily accept that it is if you provide a link, then we can happily agree that you are talking about something different to me.

Woke. on 11:22 - Jul 25 with 1043 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Woke. on 11:05 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

We’ll I haven’t seen the ‘new UK meaning’ as a definition. I will happily accept that it is if you provide a link, then we can happily agree that you are talking about something different to me.

I don't have to provide a link it is in common usage throughout the UK and is used daily in newspapers and the media.

No doubt the woke dictionaries will be updated in due time they were last updated in 2017 to include the new American meaning.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Woke. on 11:44 - Jul 25 with 1030 viewsonehunglow

Today s lesson is semantics .

It is the curlibg.

Now,it is all about how woke people are .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Woke. on 12:02 - Jul 25 with 1023 viewsItchySphincter

Woke. on 11:22 - Jul 25 by felixstowe_jack

I don't have to provide a link it is in common usage throughout the UK and is used daily in newspapers and the media.

No doubt the woke dictionaries will be updated in due time they were last updated in 2017 to include the new American meaning.

So the accepted definition is the one I am using, not the one you want it to be.

Woke. on 14:25 - Jul 25 with 983 viewsCatullus

Woke. on 09:32 - Jul 25 by felixstowe_jack

I think the term woke means you are easily offended by any views which do not conform to your own closed views. Wokes are afraid on any views different from theirs, are not open to free discussion or freedom of speech.

The BBC have gone woke two recent programmes had the following woke warnings on them may contain offensive language and images.

The two programmes were dads army and the good life.
Their woke crimes " dammed foriegners" and Margo wearing a Robertson jam apron while cooking.

Wokes are a more sensitive type than the old PC brigade.

That's how I see woke too. You don't need to be woke to know there are problems in society, in the world.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Woke. on 14:40 - Jul 25 with 977 viewsItchySphincter

Woke. on 14:25 - Jul 25 by Catullus

That's how I see woke too. You don't need to be woke to know there are problems in society, in the world.

But do you care?

Woke. on 14:56 - Jul 25 with 962 viewsonehunglow

Some simply want to be seen as more anti racist than anyone else.
Nobody knows what others are like.
It is poster hypocrisy

Woke. on 16:08 - Jul 25 with 944 viewsItchySphincter

Woke. on 14:56 - Jul 25 by onehunglow

Some simply want to be seen as more anti racist than anyone else.
Nobody knows what others are like.
It is poster hypocrisy

So what do you want to be seen as then? I can imagine what you want and what you are are not the same thing.

Login to get fewer ads

Woke. on 16:14 - Jul 25 with 938 viewsLohengrin

It’s also peculiar boys in frocks who complain that “it’s rude for a mother and daughter to stare at another ‘woman’s’ penis in the changing rooms.” And stocky girls in dungarees and monkey boots, sporting umpteen face piercings and a jawline not unlike that of a mountain gorilla screeching something unintelligible about being sexually objectified.

Then there’s the rest of us looking around to see if this may be a live episode of Candid Camera?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Woke. on 16:19 - Jul 25 with 923 viewsKeithHaynes

Woke. on 16:14 - Jul 25 by Lohengrin

It’s also peculiar boys in frocks who complain that “it’s rude for a mother and daughter to stare at another ‘woman’s’ penis in the changing rooms.” And stocky girls in dungarees and monkey boots, sporting umpteen face piercings and a jawline not unlike that of a mountain gorilla screeching something unintelligible about being sexually objectified.

Then there’s the rest of us looking around to see if this may be a live episode of Candid Camera?

👏 More perspective 👏

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Woke. on 16:59 - Jul 25 with 898 viewsonehunglow

That'll be before most of their times Loh.

Woke. on 17:42 - Jul 25 with 878 viewsFlashberryjack

Woke. on 10:20 - Jul 25 by CountyJim

I'm deeply offended by this thread

That was the OP intention, nips on this site to stir.

Don't bite.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Woke. on 23:24 - Jul 25 with 812 viewsDr_Parnassus

Woke. on 11:03 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

I agree, but if you take a particular word in context and stay in-context then you can’t change the definition for the sake of argument.

That’s my point, it isn’t used in context.

Which is why normal people like me are never called “woke”.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Woke. on 23:36 - Jul 25 with 809 viewsCatullus

Woke. on 14:40 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

But do you care?

Of course I care. Have you seen posts of mine that suggest I don't?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Woke. on 23:46 - Jul 25 with 805 viewsDr_Parnassus

Woke. on 23:36 - Jul 25 by Catullus

You have stumbled across a pretty good area of discussion there.

- The woke assume you don’t care unless you display otherwise.

(Which is why they are always ultra sensitive to anything that may be perceived as an injustice so shout about it all over their social media, it becomes their identity. Even if it becomes apparent there is no injustice there)

- Normal people assume everyone cares unless you display otherwise.

Woke. on 01:14 - Jul 26 with 791 viewsJack123

The woke fraternity make me want to bloody puke!!!

libera nos a malo

Woke. on 01:35 - Jul 26 with 785 viewsItchySphincter

Woke. on 01:14 - Jul 26 by Jack123

The woke fraternity make me want to bloody puke!!!

Look up the definition of woke and tell me what is you don’t like about it, not what you think it is.

There appears to be three types of people - those who understand the definition, those that understand the definition but don’t like it (god knows you would have had to be dragged up in a sewer to admit to that) and those that simply make up their own definition - probably readers of the Mail, Express, etc, ie those that enjoy being offended by kindness and liberals, and go on and on about snowflakes and stuff, but that’s just a broad stroke.

Anyhow, each to their own, just an interesting little debate to pass the time.

Woke. on 01:39 - Jul 26 with 782 viewsItchySphincter

Woke. on 23:36 - Jul 25 by Catullus

If you are aware and you care then you fit the definition.

Sorry bud but you are woke.

Wear it, it’s not a weakness. I don’t use it either but we fit the definition, unless of course we’re talking about the highjack it and misappropriation of the word to insinuate something else, but we’re not.

Woke. on 01:40 - Jul 26 with 781 viewsItchySphincter

Woke. on 01:48 - Jul 26 with 780 viewsItchySphincter

So, so far we’ve established that me, FB. Dr P and Cat are woke, without even realising it.

Who’d’ve thunk it? Anyone else? Don’t be shy.

It’s not a term that I will carry on using or apply to myself, or to you, but who has got the balls to admit to caring?

Woke. on 02:01 - Jul 26 with 777 viewsDr_Parnassus

Woke. on 01:48 - Jul 26 by ItchySphincter

So, so far we’ve established that me, FB. Dr P and Cat are woke, without even realising it.

Who’d’ve thunk it? Anyone else? Don’t be shy.

It’s not a term that I will carry on using or apply to myself, or to you, but who has got the balls to admit to caring?

In your OP, you were being described being called “woke”.

Being woke to it’s definition, and being called woke aren’t the same thing. People that aware of injustices aren’t called woke. They are just normal people.

People that are called woke are the ones in the 4 minute video that I provided you that it appears you won’t watch.

Statistically it’s likely that you are a w*nker too (to it’s definition) but it’s very likely that if ever you are called one, it won’t be to that definition.

Woke. on 02:03 - Jul 26 with 776 viewsItchySphincter

Woke. on 17:42 - Jul 25 by Flashberryjack

That was the OP intention, nips on this site to stir.

Don't bite.

Stir what? Aren’t all opinions valid, and welcomed?

I can’t speak for Keith but I’d take a guess that they are provided they stay within forum rules.

I haven’t broken rules or posted anything offensive so what is it about me saying I’m ‘woke’ by definition that offends you, and leads you to make the quoted post about me?

Woke. on 02:06 - Jul 26 with 775 viewsDr_Parnassus

Woke. on 02:03 - Jul 26 by ItchySphincter

Stir what? Aren’t all opinions valid, and welcomed?

I can’t speak for Keith but I’d take a guess that they are provided they stay within forum rules.

I haven’t broken rules or posted anything offensive so what is it about me saying I’m ‘woke’ by definition that offends you, and leads you to make the quoted post about me?

I wouldn’t say you were causing conflict, just being a bit mischievous.

I think it’s because you appear to be conflating dictionary definitions with how the word is used in reality.

The word rarely, if ever, is used to it’s dictionary definition.

But it’s an interesting topic and I don't mind it at all. It gives us the opportunity to discuss why these people are called the term and why they annoy an awful lot of people, including the people they claim to be fighting for.

Woke. on 02:14 - Jul 26 with 773 viewsItchySphincter

Woke. on 02:01 - Jul 26 by Dr_Parnassus

In your OP, you were being described being called “woke”.

Being woke to it’s definition, and being called woke aren’t the same thing. People that aware of injustices aren’t called woke. They are just normal people.

People that are called woke are the ones in the 4 minute video that I provided you that it appears you won’t watch.

Statistically it’s likely that you are a w*nker too (to it’s definition) but it’s very likely that if ever you are called one, it won’t be to that definition.

I’ll watch it later.

And I’m sure you’re right, I’ve probably been called a w*nker plenty of time and it has nothing to go do with masturbation. Two different contexts.

Woke. on 02:18 - Jul 26 with 768 viewsDr_Parnassus

Woke. on 02:14 - Jul 26 by ItchySphincter

I’ll watch it later.

And I’m sure you’re right, I’ve probably been called a w*nker plenty of time and it has nothing to go do with masturbation. Two different contexts.

Same with woke.

When it’s used, it’s not to it’s definition.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024