Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's gone wrong? 01:27 - Mar 18 with 3506 viewsdeanscfc

Since around the time of that FA cup game against Man City (from memory) our performance levels have been awful. Compare that to the first 15 or so games of the season...i remember thinking that there hadn't really been a team that looked better than us. I know I'm not exactly saying anything revelationary here but something needs to change asap or we could see our season peter out miserably.
What's gone wrong? on 01:51 - Mar 18 with 2619 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Hmm...

The frightening dip in performance levels started to occur toward the latter half of January...

Did something change regarding our regular starting eleven around that time? Perhaps a new signing who's work ethic is drastically below that of the player(s) who previously occupied that starting spot in the team...?

It's a tough one to figure out for sure.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

What's gone wrong? on 02:13 - Mar 18 with 2614 viewsnantywatcher

What's gone wrong? on 01:51 - Mar 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Hmm...

The frightening dip in performance levels started to occur toward the latter half of January...

Did something change regarding our regular starting eleven around that time? Perhaps a new signing who's work ethic is drastically below that of the player(s) who previously occupied that starting spot in the team...?

I've worked it out!
What's gone wrong? on 06:01 - Mar 18 with 2586 viewsjack247

Combination of things.

Fatigue, accentuated by unwillingness to rotate players out when they look tired. Ayew and Lowe were on fire a couple of months ago.

Opponents pressing high on our wingbacks, stopping them bombing forward as much, which in turn is taking away the numerical advantages we had when we broke forward and the space we had in the middle. We haven’t countered this,

As mentioned above, Hourihane is a conundrum. He slows us down, which takes impetus out of attacks, but when we were keeping clean sheets most games, there’s certainly an argument for a player who can nick you a goal out of nothing. Now we’re conceding, he looks a liability.
What's gone wrong? on 10:23 - Mar 18 with 2496 viewsonehunglow

What's gone wrong? on 06:01 - Mar 18 by jack247

Combination of things.

Fatigue, accentuated by unwillingness to rotate players out when they look tired. Ayew and Lowe were on fire a couple of months ago.

Opponents pressing high on our wingbacks, stopping them bombing forward as much, which in turn is taking away the numerical advantages we had when we broke forward and the space we had in the middle. We haven’t countered this,

As mentioned above, Hourihane is a conundrum. He slows us down, which takes impetus out of attacks, but when we were keeping clean sheets most games, there’s certainly an argument for a player who can nick you a goal out of nothing. Now we’re conceding, he looks a liability.

He is talented but never a first tart a he is lazy and will not do the graft.Grimes has had to do almost double the work. He takes ALL the responsibility for any playmaking.In that regard Hoolie,is appalling.
He might well have a great free kick but we cannot rely on them and we cannot rely on him.

Im sure he's a lovely person so.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What's gone wrong? on 10:31 - Mar 18 with 2496 viewsCatullus

The Op's last sentence is the one the happy clappers like Andy Cole need to think about that. It's not just about will we make the play offs, it's about what happens in the play offs. If we continue performing as we are we'll be knocked out in the semi.

Things have to improve and I agree with others about Hourihane, he unbalances the team.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What's gone wrong? on 10:35 - Mar 18 with 2483 viewsonehunglow

What's gone wrong? on 10:31 - Mar 18 by Catullus

The Op's last sentence is the one the happy clappers like Andy Cole need to think about that. It's not just about will we make the play offs, it's about what happens in the play offs. If we continue performing as we are we'll be knocked out in the semi.

Things have to improve and I agree with others about Hourihane, he unbalances the team.

It is rather sickening to see us right now Cat.In every way.Great position drifting away ,glory dissipating and the Prem return dream fading fast.And people are happy with this?

There is no joy whatsoever .

What's gone wrong? on 10:49 - Mar 18 with 2483 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What's gone wrong? on 06:01 - Mar 18 by jack247

Combination of things.

There’s another side to this - we used to enable our WB’s to bomb forward because we were controlling the ball but also passing much much faster. We’ve lost our speed of thought through mental fatigue. If we can beat Cardiff the players can switch off and re energise their minds as well as their bodies
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 13:52]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What's gone wrong? on 11:04 - Mar 18 with 2475 viewsNotLoyal

What's gone wrong? on 10:23 - Mar 18 by onehunglow

He is talented but never a first tart a he is lazy and will not do the graft.Grimes has had to do almost double the work. He takes ALL the responsibility for any playmaking.In that regard Hoolie,is appalling.
He might well have a great free kick but we cannot rely on them and we cannot rely on him.

Im sure he's a lovely person so.

Can we just bring him on for kicking 😉

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

What's gone wrong? on 11:16 - Mar 18 with 2465 viewsjack247

What's gone wrong? on 10:35 - Mar 18 by onehunglow

It is rather sickening to see us right now Cat.In every way.Great position drifting away ,glory dissipating and the Prem return dream fading fast.And people are happy with this?

There is no joy whatsoever .

Genuinely, what did you expect from this season?

We are competing with 3 relegated PL sides who kept the majority of their squads together and Brentford who are able to sell their top strikers and spend £5m on Toney, with wages to match.

I get it’s frustrating that it looks like it could all fall apart and certainly some criticism of Cooper and some of the players is valid, but we have overachieved to this point.

Our performances are abject, no one can deny that, but in terms of points on the table and remaining fixtures, I’m pretty sure only Norwich wouldn’t swap with us.
What's gone wrong? on 11:17 - Mar 18 with 2463 viewsOldjack

Cooper is putting us in a defensive mode far to often ,he now reminds me of Clements and Sousa ,we look very good in an attacking mode with both wingers giving it a go but I've seen very little of that these last few months

Coppers tactics are crap atm

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

What's gone wrong? on 11:18 - Mar 18 with 2454 viewsonehunglow

What's gone wrong? on 11:16 - Mar 18 by jack247

We are competing with 3 relegated PL sides who kept the majority of their squads together and Brentford who are able to sell their top strikers and spend £5m on Toney, with wages to match.

I get it’s frustrating that it looks like it could all fall apart and certainly some criticism of Cooper and some of the players is valid, but we have overachieved to this point.

Our performances are abject, no one can deny that, but in terms of points on the table and remaining fixtures, I’m pretty sure only Norwich wouldn’t swap with us.

What I normally expect
Heartache and Pain
You?

That was in August however.

By January ,like most other,I got swept away with the dream of getting back to the Prem,which shows...

How it really is all about heartache and pain

What's gone wrong? on 11:22 - Mar 18 with 2455 viewspikeypaul

ZERO investment from Hedge fund coonts that we were told that were coming to take us to the "next level", that was when we were sitting comfortably in the Premier league.thats whats gone wrong.Its strange how some here still don’t understand what the priorities of a Hedge fund is and how they work in shifting assets or sale of assets to themselves.
But obviously some of the mugs out there are happy at that,you get what you deserve in life.
I do agree the total incompetence of the Trust has helped them do it.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 11:42]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

What's gone wrong? on 11:23 - Mar 18 with 2459 viewsWhiterockin

Hmm...

I very rarely agree with you but this is spot on.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

What's gone wrong? on 11:31 - Mar 18 with 2450 viewsjack247

What's gone wrong? on 11:18 - Mar 18 by onehunglow

What I normally expect
Heartache and Pain
You?

That was in August however.

By January ,like most other,I got swept away with the dream of getting back to the Prem,which shows...

How it really is all about heartache and pain

I expected to be pushing for the playoffs at best. I’d have definitely taken 6th place.

Throughout the season, my expectations increased like yours. I’ve always been realistic enough to know we’ve been punching above our weight though and that we have a weaker squad than teams we were outperforming.

Throw in the bad luck we’ve had with MGW, who looked a genuine game changer, Morris and Cullen and it’s pretty remarkable we’ve got any chance at all of automatic.
What's gone wrong? on 11:40 - Mar 18 with 2442 viewsCatullus

What's gone wrong? on 11:16 - Mar 18 by jack247

Genuinely...I hoped for a push at the play offs. We looked capable of more and now expectations are raised.

It doesn't matter who would swap with us, it only matters what we do.

I don't just go to the football to see us win at all costs, I want to be entertained too. I fell out of love with football in the EPL, fed up of being the whipping boys where success was seen as just avoiding relegation. This season stopped being enjoyable weeks back, it has become a drudge. Clinging on for a play off place isn't fun to me, I'd rather us lose out trying to win than spend the next 10 games trying not to lose.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What's gone wrong? on 11:55 - Mar 18 with 2426 viewsReslovenSwan1

What's gone wrong? on 11:22 - Mar 18 by pikeypaul

ZERO investment from Hedge fund coonts that we were told that were coming to take us to the "next level", that was when we were sitting comfortably in the Premier league.thats whats gone wrong.Its strange how some here still don’t understand what the priorities of a Hedge fund is and how they work in shifting assets or sale of assets to themselves.
But obviously some of the mugs out there are happy at that,you get what you deserve in life.
I do agree the total incompetence of the Trust has helped them do it.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 11:42]

Small matter of upto £10m inthe convertible loan note. This is US money from US investors. The Welsh part of the ownership are no where to be seen. Why should they not contribute. The fans and the Trust were very comfotable holding no cash and having an excuse not to share the load and take the benefits.

Wise sage since Toshack era

What's gone wrong? on 12:01 - Mar 18 with 2419 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cooper has not embraced sports science by the looks of it and has not rotated. 5 players came in expressly to help him do this.

Fatigue creeps up and before you know it it is too late. Ayew and roberts and Guehi have been ever presents. Roberts and Ayew have seen their form drop and Guehi has a fatigue related injury. Hamer Freeman Arriola and Whitaker have barely kivcked a ball. Playing stff until they "breakdown" as with Guehi is not sports science.

Wise sage since Toshack era

What's gone wrong? on 12:06 - Mar 18 with 2407 viewsjack247

What's gone wrong? on 11:40 - Mar 18 by Catullus

Genuinely...I hoped for a push at the play offs. We looked capable of more and now expectations are raised.

It doesn't matter who would swap with us, it only matters what we do.

I don't just go to the football to see us win at all costs, I want to be entertained too. I fell out of love with football in the EPL, fed up of being the whipping boys where success was seen as just avoiding relegation. This season stopped being enjoyable weeks back, it has become a drudge. Clinging on for a play off place isn't fun to me, I'd rather us lose out trying to win than spend the next 10 games trying not to lose.

The point I’m making that only Norwich (in my opinion) would not swap with us, is that we are still in a much better position than many of our pessimistic fans think.

We’ve got a massive game Saturday, then a chance for the likes of Lowe and Grimes to recharge, then a relatively kind set of fixtures before a tough finish at Reading and Watford. Brentford have got to go to Bournemouth, Watford have got to go to Norwich and they have to play each other. It’s all to play for.

I get what you’re saying about entertainment, but for the rest of the season it’s all about results for me.
What's gone wrong? on 12:17 - Mar 18 with 2397 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Simple really, we've got a smallish squad and not a great deal of squad depth especially in certain key positions. What depth there is Cooper has criminally under-used.

Yes, you can argue Hourihane upset the balance of our midfield or that teams have worked us out, and both these are true to an extent.

But I'm afraid the sad reality is that we've just run out of puff. We're knackered- mentally and physically- the mental fatigue alone becoming increasingly obvious now that we're shipping shedloads of stupid, avoidable goals.

It's why my target for the past couple of weeks has just been to limp into the International break with as many points as possible. We might stand half a chance if we get a moment to take a breather and regroup.
What's gone wrong? on 12:22 - Mar 18 with 2385 viewstheloneranger

Even though our style of play has altered and we're playing with no confidence, the top of the table hasn't altered greatly, other than Norwich on a roll ...

30th January 2021.

1. Norwich P26. Pts 54.

2. Swansea P26 Pts 50.

3. Brentford P25 Pts 48.

4. Watford P26 Pts 47.

5. Reading P26. Pts 47.

6. Bournemouth P26 Pts 42.

18th March 2021

1. Norwich P37. Pts 82.

2. Watford P37. Pts. 72.

3. Swansea. P36. Pts 69.

4 Brentford P36 Pts. 67.

5 Barnsley. P37 Pts 64.

6. Reading P37. Pts. 61.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

What's gone wrong? on 12:47 - Mar 18 with 2364 viewsNotLoyal

I’m not sure anything has gone wrong. Just the way a season pans out. It’s what happens.

OK I've changed it.

What's gone wrong? on 13:01 - Mar 18 with 2346 viewsTreforys_Jack

Hmm...

Rarely agree with you, but this is the nail hit firmly on the head. It's nice having a deadball expert on the field but only if your team is good enough and dominant enough to carry them.
Someone mention its similar to the situation with Gylfi, which is absolute rubbish, Gylfi had a fantastic work ethic.
What's gone wrong? on 13:32 - Mar 18 with 2317 viewsonehunglow

What's gone wrong? on 13:01 - Mar 18 by Treforys_Jack

Rarely agree with you, but this is the nail hit firmly on the head. It's nice having a deadball expert on the field but only if your team is good enough and dominant enough to carry them.
Someone mention its similar to the situation with Gylfi, which is absolute rubbish, Gylfi had a fantastic work ethic.

I am not being personal but Hoolie's work rate is shocking.If he has no dead ball expertise he'd be nowhere near the team.

What's gone wrong? on 13:38 - Mar 18 with 2319 viewsNotLoyal

What's gone wrong? on 13:32 - Mar 18 by onehunglow

I am not being personal but Hoolie's work rate is shocking.If he has no dead ball expertise he'd be nowhere near the team.

Link play, work rate, miles covered, areas of influence on the field, defensive interest all lacking.

OK I've changed it.

What's gone wrong? on 13:51 - Mar 18 with 2302 viewsonehunglow

What's gone wrong? on 13:38 - Mar 18 by NotLoyal

Link play, work rate, miles covered, areas of influence on the field, defensive interest all lacking.

He also not loses a bead of sweat.

Very disappointing as he can play

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024