Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pearson New Bristol City Manager 14:11 - Feb 23 with 6448 viewsTrom

Good appointment for them

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56154183
Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 11:07 - Mar 16 with 1703 viewsMick_S

Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 11:00 - Mar 16 by flynnbo

Did he weave between 3 other people firstly?

Like this?

Watch Garth Crooks finish it for him.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 11:14 - Mar 16 with 1674 viewsNorthLondonR

Not a footballer, however footballer related,

After the Play Off final, myself and our entourage were crossing the road in Wembley when a man in Range Rover stopped and waived us across the road in front of him, it was Manish, the guy from the EFL highlights of the day (the much maligned show with Claridge). As we crossed I believe it was my sister who shouted "we love you Manish" and very Partridge-esque, with hands firmly gripping the steering wheel, he replied "Love ya too".

In non-motoring related encounters, the far more LFW maligned, belt-buckle wielding, Marlon King, politely held the door open for me at the Towers Hotel in Swansea in October 2010, couldn't remember where I'd seen him before but then quickly dawned on me when the Coventry City cavalcade was amassing in the car park, before I caught a taxi to Port Talbot which resembles the post-Napalm scene in Apocalypse Now
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 12:09]
Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 11:35 - Mar 16 with 1629 viewskensalriser

What a fun merry go round.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 11:54 - Mar 16 with 1582 viewshamptonhillhoop

Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 10:56 - Mar 16 by Mick_S

Steve Perryman once handed me The Peal Shield at Ealing Northern Sports Centre. It's a football thing. Coincidentally, many years later I bought some Puma trainers from his sports shop in Hayes and he said I was very kind.

Sorry - no cars in he above.

We won the Peal Shield in 1982 (In fact I think it was shared as we drew the final.) Warren Neill and Gary Waddock gave us our medals
Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 11:56 - Mar 16 with 1578 viewsMick_S

Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 11:54 - Mar 16 by hamptonhillhoop

We won the Peal Shield in 1982 (In fact I think it was shared as we drew the final.) Warren Neill and Gary Waddock gave us our medals

Which school hh?

Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 11:58 - Mar 16 with 1564 viewshamptonhillhoop

Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 11:56 - Mar 16 by Mick_S

Which school hh?

Lady Margaret in Southall
Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 12:18 - Mar 16 with 1505 viewsMick_S

Wood End here.

Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 12:27 - Mar 16 with 1479 viewshamptonhillhoop

Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 12:18 - Mar 16 by Mick_S

Wood End here.

It was a big thing the peal shield. Sadly it was the pinnacle of my football career. All downhill from the age of 12
Login to get fewer ads

Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 15:24 - Mar 16 with 1341 viewsPerthRs

Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 11:58 - Mar 16 by hamptonhillhoop

Lady Margaret in Southall

Dormers Wells here
Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 16:08 - Mar 16 with 1298 viewshamptonhillhoop

Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 15:24 - Mar 16 by PerthRs

Dormers Wells here

That was my senior school Perth, 1982 -88
Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 17:09 - Mar 16 with 1244 viewsphilc

Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 15:24 - Mar 16 by PerthRs

Dormers Wells here

Dormers Wells was my first school, early to mid sixties
Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 17:19 - Mar 16 with 1233 viewsMickS

Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 17:09 - Mar 16 by philc

Dormers Wells was my first school, early to mid sixties

Mick Perry came out of there - went on to play for West Brom. Tremendous player.
Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 18:03 - Mar 16 with 1188 viewsR_from_afar

Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 10:46 - Mar 16 by Konk

That's great to hear. I know he can be a bit of a pilchard at times, but I quite like Troy Deeney. Is it co-incidence that he played under Pearson at Watford?

Has anyone else got any other life-affirming tales of courteous traffic behaviour from footballers or managers? Perhaps Johnny Metgod once let you out at a junction?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 10:48]

I have one but it involves me being courteous to a sportsman. Apologies for blowing my own trumpet .

Eons ago, I was driving through Oxford on a dual carriageway and a section of road came up where the outside lane had been coned off. As I approached the point where the cones completed blocked the outside lane, a Volvo came up on my outside, being driven normally, and I gestured to them to let them in. As the car pulled across in front of me, I noticed it had "Warwickshire CCC" on the door. As I peered at the car to try to see who was driving, the driver turned to give a wave of acknowledgement and - yay - it was Dennis Lillee

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 18:26 - Mar 16 with 1169 viewsslmrstid

The season after Leicester City's miracle I was out on a Sunday evening run after they'd had a home game (probably 1 hour + after the finish), was crossing a road in the city and looked up at a car stopped at the traffic lights but well over the stop line and it had Claudio Ranieri in the driver's seat.

Gave him a cheery wave and got a cheery wave back.

I also work on the same commerce estate as a Marriott hotel that visiting teams usually stay at as its just off the M1. We occasionally have company meetings there and when they've coincided with football teams I've been there at the same time as Southampton (in the Mark Hughes era - Charlie was there too) and also when they signed that Portuguese bloke who they missed the deadline for by about 2 seconds before he then had to spend 6 months kicking around the reserves.

Just a couple of weeks ago I was running past a city centre hotel and the Slavia Prague team buses were unloading into it ahead of their Europa League game. Was the day before the game I think.

Tenuous but it seems to be the theme here so must count surely?!
Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 19:02 - Mar 16 with 1124 viewsKonk

Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 18:03 - Mar 16 by R_from_afar

I have one but it involves me being courteous to a sportsman. Apologies for blowing my own trumpet .

Eons ago, I was driving through Oxford on a dual carriageway and a section of road came up where the outside lane had been coned off. As I approached the point where the cones completed blocked the outside lane, a Volvo came up on my outside, being driven normally, and I gestured to them to let them in. As the car pulled across in front of me, I noticed it had "Warwickshire CCC" on the door. As I peered at the car to try to see who was driving, the driver turned to give a wave of acknowledgement and - yay - it was Dennis Lillee

I think that comfortably trumps seeing Nigel Pearson in a car! X

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Pearson New Bristol City Manager on 02:13 - Mar 17 with 998 viewsDannyPaddox

There’s a lot in this thread Ogmios from the Zen School of Motoring would appreciate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024