Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chinese Alan 23:07 - Jun 11 with 6110 viewsDarran

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/gavin-stacey-race-row-viewers-221779

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chinese Alan on 23:23 - Jun 11 with 3078 viewsBrynCartwright

What a load of shite! Chinese Alan was named as such as he liked Chinese Food!

Seth was a minor character in one episode as Pete and Dawn's 3some 'help'.

Nothing to see here!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Chinese Alan on 23:24 - Jun 11 with 3075 viewsraynor94

Spot on!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Chinese Alan on 00:04 - Jun 12 with 3023 viewsGaryjack

With everything that's going down, this is exactly the type of 'cutting edge' journalism the country needs too read. Taken from a few tvvats on facebook or whatever. What a load of shit!
Chinese Alan on 01:21 - Jun 12 with 2959 viewsNotLoyal

Partridges ladyboys, he's next.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Chinese Alan on 06:10 - Jun 12 with 2881 viewsjackal

On the news this morning. Basil Fawlty's "Don't mention the war" is being removed from streaming services.

What next? Wynne Evans Go Compare advert?

Getting ridiculous now.
Chinese Alan on 07:14 - Jun 12 with 2829 viewsfbreath

What about all those cooking shows making high calorific recipes encouraging obesity.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Chinese Alan on 07:19 - Jun 12 with 2823 viewsswan65split

They dont lik it up em!
Chinese Alan on 07:20 - Jun 12 with 2821 viewsLohengrin

Trade Centre Wales? Trevor’s a bit simple, isn’t he?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Chinese Alan on 07:29 - Jun 12 with 2816 views34dfgdf54

What an embarrassment this country has become.
Chinese Alan on 07:57 - Jun 12 with 2775 viewsScotia

Don't forget Smithy is fat, Bryn is gay, Doris is old, there's a couple of stereotypical Welsh people in it and I'm pretty certain there's a reference to one of Stacey's ex's being Asian.

This is getting stupid if you look hard enough you'll find something to be offended about in every programme ever made.
Chinese Alan on 08:02 - Jun 12 with 2770 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyone order a Chinese?

Poll: Tory leader

Chinese Alan on 09:03 - Jun 12 with 2705 viewsPegojack

Chinese Alan on 00:04 - Jun 12 by Garyjack

With everything that's going down, this is exactly the type of 'cutting edge' journalism the country needs too read. Taken from a few tvvats on facebook or whatever. What a load of shit!

Spot on, mate, I despair of the UK, and the UK media in particular.
Meanwhile, over 41,000 UK citizens to date have died directly from corona virus and calls are growing for an official enquiry into the government's handling of the crisis, which has been inept from day one.
The daughter of one victim who died in a care home, Dr Cathy Gardner, is taking legal action against Matt Hancock. She alleges his failings have led to "large numbers of unneccessary deaths and serious illnesses" and have been aggravated by the making of wholly disingenous, misleading and - in some cases - plainly false ststements suggesting that everything neccessary has been done to protect care homes during the pandemic". Lying through his feckin teeth, in other words.
THAT'S the news, not feckin statues and 40 year old TV programmes.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2020 9:15]
Chinese Alan on 09:13 - Jun 12 with 2683 viewsProfessor

Chinese Alan on 07:57 - Jun 12 by Scotia

Don't forget Smithy is fat, Bryn is gay, Doris is old, there's a couple of stereotypical Welsh people in it and I'm pretty certain there's a reference to one of Stacey's ex's being Asian.

This is getting stupid if you look hard enough you'll find something to be offended about in every programme ever made.

A big complaint was the only BAME character was Seth. Not true as Gav’s mate ‘Fingers’ is black and Ahmed is both mentioned and appears and is a ‘nice guy’. A positive representation of British Asians. As said Chinese Alan is down to his love of Chinese
Takeaways. I feel this is more an attack on James Corden for whatever reason.
The ‘Fawlty Towers’ episode I saw on a flight (Cathay Pacific) recently and I was genuinely shocked by the Major’s description of Indians and Afro Caribbeans in that. Even at release it would have been close to the knuckle
Chinese Alan on 09:16 - Jun 12 with 2673 viewsexiledclaseboy

Chinese Alan on 09:13 - Jun 12 by Professor

A big complaint was the only BAME character was Seth. Not true as Gav’s mate ‘Fingers’ is black and Ahmed is both mentioned and appears and is a ‘nice guy’. A positive representation of British Asians. As said Chinese Alan is down to his love of Chinese
The ‘Fawlty Towers’ episode I saw on a flight (Cathay Pacific) recently and I was genuinely shocked by the Major’s description of Indians and Afro Caribbeans in that. Even at release it would have been close to the knuckle

Look at Basil's reaction to it - that tells you what the writers were aiming for.

Poll: Tory leader

Chinese Alan on 09:17 - Jun 12 with 2671 viewsWarwickHunt

Chinese Alan on 06:10 - Jun 12 by jackal

On the news this morning. Basil Fawlty's "Don't mention the war" is being removed from streaming services.

What next? Wynne Evans Go Compare advert?

Getting ridiculous now.

Lampooning racists is racist, apparently.

Fûck me, there are some magnificently stupid people out there.
Chinese Alan on 09:22 - Jun 12 with 2660 viewsWarwickHunt

Chinese Alan on 09:13 - Jun 12 by Professor

See also: Garnett, Alf.

You were supposed to laugh at him, not with him.
I suppose that’s bitten the dust now too. Ironic/tragic.
Chinese Alan on 09:22 - Jun 12 with 2660 viewsProfessor

Chinese Alan on 09:16 - Jun 12 by exiledclaseboy

Look at Basil's reaction to it - that tells you what the writers were aiming for.

I know, but much like Alf Garnett, people don’t get the irony. I could see the offence people may take
Chinese Alan on 09:25 - Jun 12 with 2655 viewsWarwickHunt

Chinese Alan on 09:22 - Jun 12 by Professor

I know, but much like Alf Garnett, people don’t get the irony. I could see the offence people may take

Thank fûck Jonathan Swift isn’t writing today.
Chinese Alan on 09:46 - Jun 12 with 2627 viewsCatullus

Pretty soon we won't be allowed to laugh at anything. We won't be allowed to label anything either.
We've lost context, irony, humour is destined for the dustbin too.

I wonder if it's still OK to call Welsh people sheepsha$$ers?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Chinese Alan on 09:48 - Jun 12 with 2623 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I remember hearing an interview with Warren Mitchell who said Johnny Speight became horrified that so many viewers watched TDUDP because they agreed with every word that Alf Garnett said and not to laugh at him.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Chinese Alan on 09:52 - Jun 12 with 2612 viewsProfessor

Chinese Alan on 09:48 - Jun 12 by Joe_bradshaw

I remember hearing an interview with Warren Mitchell who said Johnny Speight became horrified that so many viewers watched TDUDP because they agreed with every word that Alf Garnett said and not to laugh at him.

Indeed. Often including support for anti-semetism to a Jewish actor
Chinese Alan on 10:12 - Jun 12 with 2588 views3swan

Chinese Alan on 09:22 - Jun 12 by WarwickHunt

See also: Garnett, Alf.

You were supposed to laugh at him, not with him.
I suppose that’s bitten the dust now too. Ironic/tragic.

Exactly the intent seems to have been lost in the issues being discussed today. Racism is wrong and does need addressing but how selective are people being. If someone who donated money to build a hospital etc is now classed as racist or was involved in the slave trade, do we pull the hospitals down. I know that is an extreme example but there does appear to be very little thought at the moment.
Chinese Alan on 10:20 - Jun 12 with 2575 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Chinese Alan on 09:16 - Jun 12 by exiledclaseboy

Exactly what I thought watching it a couple of weeks ago. The response to it was the point not what he said. Had the response been different theres an argument. Unveliveable some of the stuff I've heard last few days. Comedy is gone - if you can't take the pi** out of anything anymore for fear of offending what can you do. It would be different if a programme was constantly picking on 1 particular stereotype but I've never seen that happen.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Chinese Alan on 10:30 - Jun 12 with 2557 viewsScotia

Chinese Alan on 10:20 - Jun 12 by PatchesOHoulihan

Exactly what I thought watching it a couple of weeks ago. The response to it was the point not what he said. Had the response been different theres an argument. Unveliveable some of the stuff I've heard last few days. Comedy is gone - if you can't take the pi** out of anything anymore for fear of offending what can you do. It would be different if a programme was constantly picking on 1 particular stereotype but I've never seen that happen.

Well it's gone now:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53020335
Chinese Alan on 10:41 - Jun 12 with 2543 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Chinese Alan on 10:30 - Jun 12 by Scotia

Well it's gone now:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53020335

yes it has - I've never even once considered myself racist in the slightest, I'm very confused by it all to be honest

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024