Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans forum thread 21:39 - Feb 16 with 27799 views442Dale

May as well start it with a request: does anyone know the time it starts? Might have missed it but can’t find much promoting it recently, just this:
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2020/01/forum-rearranged/

Presuming it’s 7.30?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fans forum thread on 22:10 - Feb 18 with 2765 viewsjudd

Fans forum thread on 21:49 - Feb 18 by TrueDaleBlue

Russ Green could of been the one he alluded to about the previous pitch fiasco, he was the one in charge of sourcing a suitable pitch supplier.

To be fair, if action had not been taken on replacing the pitch before the Spurs game then what would have happened?

A superb evening of facts and figures and fun. Frances disclosing one sponsor determined to have the biggest bar bill, DB ribbing himself for answering too many questions, Tony Pockney and his humility, all a refreshing change to the prevailing them and us.

I got from last night that the board are prepared and indeed have listened to fans concerns and ideas and the fans will endorse the Board efforts when all sensible and reasonable thoughts are reciprocated.

It's a massive change in approach from the board and it has been widely accepted by those in attendance.

I would just add that Frances has an absolutely massive task to aim at, virtually impossible given the limited resources the club can afford. She mentioned 10% of time goes on marketing simply because of time constraints and I fully recognise that dilemma. As fans we owe it to the club to do our bit in helping promote professional and affordable football in the town.at work, through our kids schools, football teams and our social haunts.

I still hope the board can swallow their pride and do something more meaningful and permanent in acknowledging the achievements over 30 years of service by Chris Dunphy.

Thanks all.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fans forum thread on 22:21 - Feb 18 with 2720 viewsfitzochris

Fans forum thread on 22:10 - Feb 18 by judd

To be fair, if action had not been taken on replacing the pitch before the Spurs game then what would have happened?

A superb evening of facts and figures and fun. Frances disclosing one sponsor determined to have the biggest bar bill, DB ribbing himself for answering too many questions, Tony Pockney and his humility, all a refreshing change to the prevailing them and us.

I got from last night that the board are prepared and indeed have listened to fans concerns and ideas and the fans will endorse the Board efforts when all sensible and reasonable thoughts are reciprocated.

It's a massive change in approach from the board and it has been widely accepted by those in attendance.

I would just add that Frances has an absolutely massive task to aim at, virtually impossible given the limited resources the club can afford. She mentioned 10% of time goes on marketing simply because of time constraints and I fully recognise that dilemma. As fans we owe it to the club to do our bit in helping promote professional and affordable football in the town.at work, through our kids schools, football teams and our social haunts.

I still hope the board can swallow their pride and do something more meaningful and permanent in acknowledging the achievements over 30 years of service by Chris Dunphy.

Thanks all.

Agreed. They could have at least given him a life season ticket. Problem is, he doesn’t want to come back to Spotland now, and that’s a crying shame.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Fans forum thread on 22:22 - Feb 18 with 2718 viewsnordenblue

Thanks all.

Very accurate post Judd, I would also add for me it was also VERY surprising how many of the previous points/concerns brought about directly from this forum got answered on the night too,its no coincidence and I'm fairly sure it was Tony Pockney mentioned it directly a couple of times when trying to bring clarity.

Whatever our personal issues are with other posters on this forum,and we all argue from time to time me more than most,but collectively please dont ever stop questioning decisions made at the football club.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 22:25]
Fans forum thread on 22:25 - Feb 18 with 2705 viewsD_Alien

Thanks all.

I'm sure it'll happen - eventually

Since the board seem to be taking notice of the Dale fanbase at long last, perhaps there's something we (as a whole) could do in the meantime, which might then encourage the board to do likewise

It may well be that CD 'ran out of steam' at the end of his long tenure, but he shouldn't be viewed for the last twelve months after, as you rightly point out, three decades of great service

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fans forum thread on 22:37 - Feb 18 with 2651 viewsjudd

Fans forum thread on 22:22 - Feb 18 by nordenblue

Very accurate post Judd, I would also add for me it was also VERY surprising how many of the previous points/concerns brought about directly from this forum got answered on the night too,its no coincidence and I'm fairly sure it was Tony Pockney mentioned it directly a couple of times when trying to bring clarity.

Whatever our personal issues are with other posters on this forum,and we all argue from time to time me more than most,but collectively please dont ever stop questioning decisions made at the football club.

Proof of the pudding and all that, but I saw a massive shift in the relationship. Gone from suspicion, as DB alluded to when mentioning the 1990s book, to TP addressing that external investment will change the ownership structure, that the club cannot have an overdraft facility nor delay HMRC payments, to the whole heart on her sleeve when Frances presented her remit.

It's a results business and that's now recognised in my opinion by all the players.

Fans forum thread on 23:07 - Feb 18 with 2588 views442Dale

Fans forum thread on 22:22 - Feb 18 by nordenblue

The last point is of particular importance.

Remember all those other clubs where fans said “what can we do?”, this is a good example of how requesting transparency and explanations is possible and can also become expected. Make no mistake, it’s still on the club to continue to illustrate that all we saw last night is followed going forward, but it’s a good start.

What can fans do? Expect and demand this sort of information about their club, then question it if it doesn’t happen. And if it doesn’t happen, expect and demand organisations that represent supporters do something when asked. That’s what.

But they know.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fans forum thread on 23:31 - Feb 18 with 2533 viewstony_roch975

Thanks all.

DB said they offered a Vice Presidency which CD refused.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Fans forum thread on 23:56 - Feb 18 with 2491 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans forum thread on 23:07 - Feb 18 by 442Dale

The last point is of particular importance.

Remember all those other clubs where fans said “what can we do?”, this is a good example of how requesting transparency and explanations is possible and can also become expected. Make no mistake, it’s still on the club to continue to illustrate that all we saw last night is followed going forward, but it’s a good start.

What can fans do? Expect and demand this sort of information about their club, then question it if it doesn’t happen. And if it doesn’t happen, expect and demand organisations that represent supporters do something when asked. That’s what.

But they know.

The last twelve months or so as been pretty turbulent off the pitch but to be honest it couldn’t have been any different. When your Chairman and long standing Director depart mid season It’s always going to cause unrest and suspicion with the fans. Throw in the fact that bury have been wiped off the surface of the footballing map due to unscrupulous con men infiltrating the boardroom, then I think that we as fans are 100% right to ask questions, very difficult questions at times.There had to be due diligence though, the fans look on this Club as part of their family and we all want to protect it. If it means analysing certain individuals and their suitability then the fans will do that, they would be very naive not to do in the current climate.

I honestly believe if Bury fans had done the same over the last 5 years they would still have a Club. The man who has received the most pelters is David Bottomley, but that’s because he’s the only real point of contact at the Club and he puts himself forward as the figurehead, at times he seems to be running the club single handedly. Maybe one or two of the other Directors should take a more prominent role, they should share the flack around a bit! The fans will always be watching and asking questions but one year on I think it’s time to draw a line in the sand and trust those in the Boardroom and DB in particular to look after the Club and continue to keep us competitive in League One.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 0:01]
Login to get fewer ads

Fans forum thread on 01:04 - Feb 19 with 2442 viewskiwidale

If that is true then it's a bit peevish on Dunphys part however I hope the olive branch continues to be extended To Chris Dunphy who was a wonderful custodian for many years and deserves recognition as such .
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 1:07]

This is not the time for bickering.

Fans forum thread (n/t) on 01:09 - Feb 19 with 2433 viewskiwidale

[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 1:09]

Fans forum thread on 01:10 - Feb 19 with 2431 viewskiwidale

Fans forum thread on 23:56 - Feb 18 by TalkingSutty

The last twelve months or so as been pretty turbulent off the pitch but to be honest it couldn’t have been any different. When your Chairman and long standing Director depart mid season It’s always going to cause unrest and suspicion with the fans. Throw in the fact that bury have been wiped off the surface of the footballing map due to unscrupulous con men infiltrating the boardroom, then I think that we as fans are 100% right to ask questions, very difficult questions at times.There had to be due diligence though, the fans look on this Club as part of their family and we all want to protect it. If it means analysing certain individuals and their suitability then the fans will do that, they would be very naive not to do in the current climate.

I honestly believe if Bury fans had done the same over the last 5 years they would still have a Club. The man who has received the most pelters is David Bottomley, but that’s because he’s the only real point of contact at the Club and he puts himself forward as the figurehead, at times he seems to be running the club single handedly. Maybe one or two of the other Directors should take a more prominent role, they should share the flack around a bit! The fans will always be watching and asking questions but one year on I think it’s time to draw a line in the sand and trust those in the Boardroom and DB in particular to look after the Club and continue to keep us competitive in League One.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 0:01]

Fans forum thread on 09:07 - Feb 19 with 2212 viewsjudd

Fans forum thread on 23:31 - Feb 18 by tony_roch975

DB said they offered a Vice Presidency which CD refused.

When the question was eventually answered it was John Smallwood who kindly offered up that snippet.

15 months down the line I would like to think that the club board can put aside the obvious differences with the man who oversaw the building of the Wilbutts Lane stand, 2 promotions, the regaining of the stadium, pub and car park, and generated millions in income that have helped us afford £1.5m in trading losses in the past couple of financial years.

Fans forum thread on 09:15 - Feb 19 with 2184 viewsnordenblue

Fans forum thread on 01:04 - Feb 19 by kiwidale

If that is true then it's a bit peevish on Dunphys part however I hope the olive branch continues to be extended To Chris Dunphy who was a wonderful custodian for many years and deserves recognition as such .
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 1:07]

Without knowing both sides of the story I'd be a bit more hesitant to offer such an opinion...
Fans forum thread on 09:25 - Feb 19 with 2155 viewsblackdogblue

Fans forum thread on 13:57 - Feb 18 by James1980

That is great to hear. What about the company Mrs BDB works for though and others like them that don't make The Crown Oil Arena their first or even 2nd to last venue of choice?

It was Rochdale MBC & the Town Hall is the 1st choice for obv reasons

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Fans forum thread on 10:11 - Feb 19 with 2087 viewsJames1980

Fans forum thread on 09:25 - Feb 19 by blackdogblue

It was Rochdale MBC & the Town Hall is the 1st choice for obv reasons

If that's not available where do they go?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Fans forum thread on 10:30 - Feb 19 with 2056 viewsJPSDale

Fans forum thread on 09:15 - Feb 19 by nordenblue

Without knowing both sides of the story I'd be a bit more hesitant to offer such an opinion...

I agree its difficult to comment about the Chris D situation without knowing all the fact, but what we do know is that he achieved much more than any other Chairman. He was approachable and shared our love for the club.
We also know that Mr Kilpatrick and Morris where no longer attending the "Board Room" at games when CD was last in charge - but these 2 Vice Presidents are now back in the Boardroom - The Overcoat Men are back where they want to be...

I am sure DK & GM did good work, but so did lots of other people, not least CD.
Fans forum thread on 10:59 - Feb 19 with 2007 viewstony_roch975

Fans forum thread on 10:30 - Feb 19 by JPSDale

I agree its difficult to comment about the Chris D situation without knowing all the fact, but what we do know is that he achieved much more than any other Chairman. He was approachable and shared our love for the club.
We also know that Mr Kilpatrick and Morris where no longer attending the "Board Room" at games when CD was last in charge - but these 2 Vice Presidents are now back in the Boardroom - The Overcoat Men are back where they want to be...

I am sure DK & GM did good work, but so did lots of other people, not least CD.

True, but approachable and sharing a love for the club doesn't guarantee effective financial strategy or recruitment skills.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Fans forum thread on 11:49 - Feb 19 with 1929 viewssouthealingdale

Is the fans forum video online anywhere ?

@upthedale on Twitter

Fans forum thread on 12:53 - Feb 19 with 1840 viewskiwidale

Fans forum thread on 09:15 - Feb 19 by nordenblue

That is a fair comment however reading between the lines on this thread which is always a stab in the dark there seems more than a suggestion that Dunphy had lost the boardroom long before he was pushed, it's telling that Fitzpatrick, Morris and Andy Kelly walked away to some extent or another. Its all very sad but Hill was Dunphys achilles heel they both had to go.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 12:55]

Fans forum thread on 17:47 - Feb 19 with 1643 viewsblackdogblue

Fans forum thread on 10:11 - Feb 19 by James1980

If that's not available where do they go?

Main Council Riverside (room availability)
Lock 50
Whitworth (also called Riverside)
Norton Grange
Manchester Town Hall
Black Dog 😂

That’s a few places that spring to mind James

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Fans forum thread on 17:49 - Feb 19 with 1637 viewsfitzochris

Fans forum thread on 12:53 - Feb 19 by kiwidale

That is a fair comment however reading between the lines on this thread which is always a stab in the dark there seems more than a suggestion that Dunphy had lost the boardroom long before he was pushed, it's telling that Fitzpatrick, Morris and Andy Kelly walked away to some extent or another. Its all very sad but Hill was Dunphys achilles heel they both had to go.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 12:55]

Andy Kelly walked away? Hmmm.

Fans forum thread on 18:46 - Feb 19 with 1553 viewskiwidale

Fans forum thread on 17:49 - Feb 19 by fitzochris

Andy Kelly walked away? Hmmm.

correct me if wrong, I'm sure Andy Kelly stepped away from his involvement at Dale prior to Dunphy leaving?

Fans forum thread on 18:49 - Feb 19 with 1545 viewsfitzochris

Fans forum thread on 18:46 - Feb 19 by kiwidale

correct me if wrong, I'm sure Andy Kelly stepped away from his involvement at Dale prior to Dunphy leaving?

I’m afraid I can’t correct you, as I don’t know which version of events is correct.

Fans forum thread on 18:56 - Feb 19 with 1528 viewskiwidale

It could well be that Ak's decision was unrelated to a boardroom split however he reversed his decision after Dunphy left.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/october/statement-board-of-directord/

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/november/four-new-directors-announced/
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 19:00]

Fans forum thread on 18:57 - Feb 19 with 1517 viewsNerazzurri

Fans forum thread on 18:56 - Feb 19 by kiwidale

It could well be that Ak's decision was unrelated to a boardroom split however he reversed his decision after Dunphy left.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/october/statement-board-of-directord/

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/november/four-new-directors-announced/
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 19:00]

He said openly on Monday night that he left due to disagreements with the previous chairman & a certain director.

Forza Nerazzurri

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024