Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulton 21:37 - Oct 5 with 4239 viewsdickythorpe

Discuss.....
Fulton on 10:43 - Oct 6 with 927 viewsCopaMundial

Fulton on 10:12 - Oct 6 by jack247

Cheers. I wasn’t really looking for you to sidestep the question though.

I’m not sidestepping anything, he wouldn’t have been an option under the two managers mentioned, as I said, he wouldn’t even be here.
Fulton on 10:46 - Oct 6 with 913 viewsjack247

Fulton on 10:34 - Oct 6 by Kilkennyjack

Fulton has been as boring as feck.

Nothing positive with the ball.
Nothing to write home about without.

I doubt he would stand out in any team in League 2.

Look at the players Stoke, and even Reading, had in that vital position.

Probably not helping Grimes.

We need a different option pronto.

Of course we do and that really should have been addressed in the summer. The £500k plus wages we spent on Peterson should probably have gone towards it,

Our central midfield options, unless we are looking to the under 23s are Grimes, Byers, Fulton, Carroll and Dhanda. That’s way too light without Fulton. Only way I can see we could leave him out is trying Wilmot as the holding midfielder.
Fulton on 10:47 - Oct 6 with 908 viewsandrew

Fulton on 10:34 - Oct 6 by Kilkennyjack

Fulton has been as boring as feck.

Nothing positive with the ball.
Nothing to write home about without.

I doubt he would stand out in any team in League 2.

Look at the players Stoke, and even Reading, had in that vital position.

Probably not helping Grimes.

We need a different option pronto.

I’d rather give Willmot a go there.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Fulton on 10:47 - Oct 6 with 907 viewscontroversial_jack

Not fair to pick on individuals they were all poor yesterday.
Fulton on 10:48 - Oct 6 with 905 viewstheloneranger

Fulton on 10:13 - Oct 6 by jacks777

He’s been here and was probably £ for £ the worst player I’ve seen play for the Swans.
Ok that was in the PL and if he’s so good why have Stoke only won one game so far.

... Because they haven't played us every week.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Fulton on 10:49 - Oct 6 with 901 viewsjack247

Fulton on 10:43 - Oct 6 by CopaMundial

I’m not sidestepping anything, he wouldn’t have been an option under the two managers mentioned, as I said, he wouldn’t even be here.

I asked who you thought Martinez or Rodgers would have played yesterday. That’s the question you dodged.
Fulton on 11:01 - Oct 6 with 878 viewsMorfa_Same

Am I the only one who thought Fulton was the best of a bloody awful midfield yesterday? I can understand the need to sub him because of his booking but taking him off made us worse.

It was obvious from about the half hour mark that Dhanda was getting bullied and had to go off. How the f*** he stayed on for 90 minutes is a mystery. That third sub should have been Dhanda and not Celina.
Fulton on 11:24 - Oct 6 with 851 viewsvetchonian

Fulton on 10:43 - Oct 6 by CopaMundial

You could say the same for the majority of our current squad...but think back to Martinez and Rodgers squads what "stars" were they.......we had "average" players who had not made the grade elsewhere playing to a system.......even Sinclair who shone for us had failed on loan at several other clubs.
Fulton is no great shakes but is our one anly workhorse in midfield. He set up Dganda for his goal Wednesday,set up Ayews goal which was disallowed yesterday was found trying to break up Stokes play.....like a lit of our players he is often found wanting by the fact we are playing others out if position.....people have been extolling Joe Alkens performance yesterday but out him un our current team and set up and he too would be anonymous

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Fulton on 11:33 - Oct 6 with 836 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I just don't see a whole lot of options. Carroll? Nope.

This is the part of the field we need to spend some money on, in January.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Fulton on 11:36 - Oct 6 with 829 viewsGriffting

Watching it all unfold yesterday the issue (for me) was the massive hole in the middle of the park in front of Fulton and Grimes. Borja likes to come deep and affect the game which in turn was leaving spaces I assume Dhanda was supposed to be running into. Number of occasions Ayew, Roberts and Borja had worked a decent openings only to find no one had got into the box. Dhanda was staying deep, Celina staying wide and neither grimes/Fulton were prepared to get into the box. Pretty much every time we had to recycle the ball in these situation which was frustrating.
Fulton on 12:02 - Oct 6 with 795 viewsjackrmee

Fulton on 10:01 - Oct 6 by ChrisSCFC

We're also Swansea not Newport County.

It's not delusional to suggest we can do better than Jay Fulton.

To me, Fulton was the only player putting his foot in to challenges yesterday in that midfield.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Fulton on 12:06 - Oct 6 with 786 viewsjackrmee

Fulton on 11:01 - Oct 6 by Morfa_Same

Am I the only one who thought Fulton was the best of a bloody awful midfield yesterday? I can understand the need to sub him because of his booking but taking him off made us worse.

It was obvious from about the half hour mark that Dhanda was getting bullied and had to go off. How the f*** he stayed on for 90 minutes is a mystery. That third sub should have been Dhanda and not Celina.

100% agree.
Fulton only went off because he was likely to get sent off after a couple of dodgy challenges after the yellow.
Celina had a poor 2nd half and should have shot a few times.
Dhanda was fuked. Not a bad game, but was too tired and didn't do anything at all for most of the 2ndd half.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Fulton on 14:40 - Oct 6 with 718 viewsBadlands

Fulton on 10:05 - Oct 6 by jack247

Who do you think Martinez or Rodgers would have picked yesterday?

Both (and Sousa and Laudrup) would have picked a team that performed better than the sum of the parts. They would, without injuries and suspensions, used players in position and all four managers would have tweaked the system or made subs that could have had an impact.
Ignore our top of the table status ... IMO it indicates the dire standrd in the Championship this season.
At this level I'm sure Bob Bradley would have done as good a job as Cooper, if not better and would be blaming everyone else when there was a fail.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2019 14:43]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Fulton on 14:55 - Oct 6 with 698 viewsjack247

Fulton on 14:40 - Oct 6 by Badlands

Both (and Sousa and Laudrup) would have picked a team that performed better than the sum of the parts. They would, without injuries and suspensions, used players in position and all four managers would have tweaked the system or made subs that could have had an impact.
Ignore our top of the table status ... IMO it indicates the dire standrd in the Championship this season.
At this level I'm sure Bob Bradley would have done as good a job as Cooper, if not better and would be blaming everyone else when there was a fail.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2019 14:43]

I was with you for most of that, you had a bit of a wobble at the start of the last paragraph and then lost it completely with your last sentence.

We’ve played some good football this season and have done so quite obviously lacking a midfield general.

If the Championship was dire, the team we played yesterday wouldn’t have been bottom of it.
Fulton on 15:07 - Oct 6 with 686 viewsBadlands

Fulton on 14:55 - Oct 6 by jack247

I was with you for most of that, you had a bit of a wobble at the start of the last paragraph and then lost it completely with your last sentence.

We’ve played some good football this season and have done so quite obviously lacking a midfield general.

If the Championship was dire, the team we played yesterday wouldn’t have been bottom of it.

We gave Stoke everything they wanted and got with the help of the ref.
We backed off, played miracle passes, were flat, slow in action and thought, predictable, lacking in stength and stamina.
Take Allen's performance out of the side and our truly dire efforts into account and Stoke would have been as awful as their position suggests.
Last season there some very good constant teams playing good football.
Looking back to our Championship days with Roberto, Sousa and Rodgers the standard in the league was far better.
Even with the re-aligning of our squad we never put in a performance as poor as our last three home games.
This season the Championship is wide open - either a team or two will rise above the sludge or promotions will go to clubs the will have to spend absolute fortunes to avoid Premier League embarrassment.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Fulton on 15:09 - Oct 6 with 683 viewsjack247

Fulton on 15:07 - Oct 6 by Badlands

We gave Stoke everything they wanted and got with the help of the ref.
We backed off, played miracle passes, were flat, slow in action and thought, predictable, lacking in stength and stamina.
Take Allen's performance out of the side and our truly dire efforts into account and Stoke would have been as awful as their position suggests.
Last season there some very good constant teams playing good football.
Looking back to our Championship days with Roberto, Sousa and Rodgers the standard in the league was far better.
Even with the re-aligning of our squad we never put in a performance as poor as our last three home games.
This season the Championship is wide open - either a team or two will rise above the sludge or promotions will go to clubs the will have to spend absolute fortunes to avoid Premier League embarrassment.

Did you think they were a one man team yesterday?
Fulton on 15:11 - Oct 6 with 679 viewsploppy

Fulton on 12:02 - Oct 6 by jackrmee

To me, Fulton was the only player putting his foot in to challenges yesterday in that midfield.

Apart from our back four, he's the only one who ever puts a foot in. Grimes occasionally.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024