Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread 13:26 - Aug 15 with 29282 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 20:17]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 21:47 - Aug 17 with 2004 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 21:44 - Aug 17 by Dr_Winston

And didn't give away a stupid penalty. Don't forget that.

Not this week.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 21:57 - Aug 17 with 1974 viewsChubz

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 18:17 - Aug 17 by Neath_Jack

Rodon is utter rubbish, by far the worst defender we've got.

Anyway, winning when not playing very well is fine by me.

Onwards!

Thank you for posting ... Ben Wilmot
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 21:58 - Aug 17 with 1971 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 21:42 - Aug 17 by Flashberryjack

You thought we started well ?

I'd be surprised if many agreed with that, I thought we were bloody atrocious.

From kick off, yes I thought we started well, didn't last long.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 22:00 - Aug 17 with 1945 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 21:58 - Aug 17 by TNT

From kick off, yes I thought we started well, didn't last long.

Agree, for about a half a minute of the first half we were all over them.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 22:01 - Aug 17 with 1947 viewsChubz

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:00 - Aug 17 by Flashberryjack

The first half was painful to watch, picking out the worst Swans player would be difficult, but fair play to Bidwell, he made a real effort to be that man.

I thought Celina took it by a mile!
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 22:11 - Aug 17 with 1887 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 22:00 - Aug 17 by Flashberryjack

Agree, for about a half a minute of the first half we were all over them.

Until they got a spawny deflected goal I thought.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 23:02 - Aug 17 with 1749 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:06 - Aug 17 by Dr_Winston

Connor Roberts was by some distance the worst player in our back line, but obviously it's Bidwell.

So true. Roberts and Dyer seem to want to go forward holding hands than one bombing on for the other to play in.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 23:21 - Aug 17 with 1697 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:52 - Aug 17 by TNT

We're putting a team together ffs.

7 points out of 9 ffs.

Although we are putting a team together it's the old tried and tested who getting us the points.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 23:56 - Aug 17 with 1613 viewssioni

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:18 - Aug 17 by Dr_Winston

Bidwell set up the winner and didn't give away a moronic penalty.

This just proves the point I made the other day. Bidwell isn't a great player, but he's not a bad one either. However, his very averageness will make him a target even when he doesn't deserve to be, like today.

Astute comments as usual Doc. Especially liked the one on “his very averageness”.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 00:16 - Aug 18 with 1578 viewsdobjack2

They had us sussed from the kick off. Good scouting and tactics. Forced us to play in areas we didn’t want to play and picked us off. First half both full backs got exposed.

Bringing Byers on and the half time talk made for a different game and our equaliser made that talk easier. Goals change games and if they had gone in 2 up which I couldn’t have complained about it would have been hard to come back from.

Cooper reminds me of Laudrup- adapts in the second half to what the opposition has done to us as opposed to monk who set us up well to start but couldn’t react to opposition changes.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 00:58 - Aug 18 with 1534 viewsNortbankboy

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 00:16 - Aug 18 by dobjack2

They had us sussed from the kick off. Good scouting and tactics. Forced us to play in areas we didn’t want to play and picked us off. First half both full backs got exposed.

Bringing Byers on and the half time talk made for a different game and our equaliser made that talk easier. Goals change games and if they had gone in 2 up which I couldn’t have complained about it would have been hard to come back from.

Cooper reminds me of Laudrup- adapts in the second half to what the opposition has done to us as opposed to monk who set us up well to start but couldn’t react to opposition changes.

We've got two poor fullbacks
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 03:12 - Aug 18 with 1443 viewskrunchykarrot

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 00:16 - Aug 18 by dobjack2

Spot on post, i'm a little concerned the way Cooper set us up first half and waited until HT to switch. Its obvious that Grimes & MVDH have been targeted pushing us out wide where we are weaker. Bidwells distribution is appalling and i struggle to see why we spent on him at the moment unless Cooper thinks his crossing will benefit. We need another way to get out from the back, dropping into the penalty area from goal kicks is putting us under pressure and at the moment ends up a lot of the time giving it away down the flanks. Hitting BB long was the preferred get out of jail option today but no one told Lulu or Celina who were passengers in the 1st half.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 04:53 - Aug 18 with 1394 viewsblackpooljack

Reading these posts you'd have sworn we lost.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 06:32 - Aug 18 with 1341 viewskarnataka

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 04:53 - Aug 18 by blackpooljack

Reading these posts you'd have sworn we lost.

Well the reality is, we could have done, so all well thought out comments are valid.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 07:05 - Aug 18 with 1308 viewsshandyjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:18 - Aug 17 by Dr_Winston

Bidwell set up the winner and didn't give away a moronic penalty.

This just proves the point I made the other day. Bidwell isn't a great player, but he's not a bad one either. However, his very averageness will make him a target even when he doesn't deserve to be, like today.

he'e been a 7/10 in every game so far. But ppl ned a target it seems

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 07:07 - Aug 18 with 1308 viewsshandyjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:59 - Aug 17 by Dippy

I don't understand the criticism he gets.. he's a fullback that defends well.. he's not great going forward, but he did get an assist today

3 assists in 3 games, i'll take that from a FB not great at going forward

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 07:12 - Aug 18 with 1301 viewsshandyjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 00:58 - Aug 18 by Nortbankboy

We've got two poor fullbacks

absolute nonsense

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 08:10 - Aug 18 with 1260 viewsGaz_M

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 07:05 - Aug 18 by shandyjack

he'e been a 7/10 in every game so far. But ppl ned a target it seems

No he hasn't. He's really struggled in and out possession.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 08:12 - Aug 18 with 1260 viewsblackpooljack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 06:32 - Aug 18 by karnataka

Well the reality is, we could have done, so all well thought out comments are valid.

Christ if that's the case it's going to be a bloodbath on here when we lose
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 08:17 - Aug 18 with 1251 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:59 - Aug 17 by Dippy

I don't understand the criticism he gets.. he's a fullback that defends well.. he's not great going forward, but he did get an assist today

He’s very decent going forward when the acting winger has the skill and vision to put him through on the overlap. He was unlucky another cross didn’t get put away. Connor and Nath seem to run in tandem, like they’re chatting as the game goes on. Poor on that side til Andre Ayew came on. His quality stuck out like a sore thumb on that pitch today. Imperious.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 08:53 - Aug 18 with 1188 viewsshandyjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 08:10 - Aug 18 by Gaz_M

No he hasn't. He's really struggled in and out possession.

nonsense

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 10:00 - Aug 18 with 1071 viewsNortbankboy

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 08:53 - Aug 18 by shandyjack

nonsense

We look like a mid table side,
Preston did not deserve to.lose that game
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 10:05 - Aug 18 with 1062 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:19 - Aug 17 by Zaxx

Would like to see Byers get an extended chance at 10 right now. He may not look as fancy or as classy as some but I don't see a lot of end product from the likes of Celina atm

Byers looks class to me and has a great career ahead of him.
Good on the ball with an excellent shot on him. Never looks rushed. Always a sign of a top player.
If we don't get promoted we will be pulling in big money for him.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 10:13 - Aug 18 with 1042 viewsNortbankboy

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 10:05 - Aug 18 by Private_Partz

Byers looks class to me and has a great career ahead of him.
Good on the ball with an excellent shot on him. Never looks rushed. Always a sign of a top player.
If we don't get promoted we will be pulling in big money for him.

When Jenkins signed mcbernie,fulton,Byers and james.
I give him a lot of stick.
But now I hold my hand up and admit I was wrong.
Still don't think those players were worth the money we got for them.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 12:31 - Aug 18 with 923 viewsVincent_Vega

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 08:10 - Aug 16 by Vincent_Vega

Preston always a dodgy one

3-2 to the swans

Roberts, Peterson, Ayew

Not a bad effort

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024