Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread 13:26 - Aug 15 with 29006 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 20:17]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 19:31 - Aug 17 with 2050 viewslegoman

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 19:26 - Aug 17 by Glyn1

We're above Millwall who also have 7 points.

The Guardian has us in 3rd in their table.

We have more goals for than Millwall

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 19:47 - Aug 17 with 1960 viewsploppy

I believe WBA top us by virtue of more goals scored away from home (which is not difficult!). It's pretty far down the list of tie-breakers.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 19:52 - Aug 17 with 1935 viewsjacabertawe

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 17:35 - Aug 17 by Groo

That's not the game i watched,unless you only saw the first half.

Second half was like a different team, think the Byers for Kalulu substitution made the difference.

Disappointed with Bidwell first half, much better second half. Same could be said for Celina too

We can't carry on being a second half team. Preston could and should have put at least three passed us in the first half.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:00 - Aug 17 with 1881 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 17:11 - Aug 17 by Gaz_M

A really poor performance overall, barring a couple of pockets of good play in the second half.

Bidwell, despite his assist, is a poor player.
Fulton can't be starting.
Byers yet again shows his class and why he should start.
Kalulu disappointing.

The first half was painful to watch, picking out the worst Swans player would be difficult, but fair play to Bidwell, he made a real effort to be that man.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:05 - Aug 17 with 1860 viewsploppy

The major difference I noticed in the second half was that we were much better on the transition. In the first half it stopped us getting out because we kept on giving the ball away - Dyer once, in particular, sticks in the mind. In the second half, Byers and Ayew were excellent on the transition and we looked more dangerous as a result.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:06 - Aug 17 with 1857 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:00 - Aug 17 by Flashberryjack

The first half was painful to watch, picking out the worst Swans player would be difficult, but fair play to Bidwell, he made a real effort to be that man.

Connor Roberts was by some distance the worst player in our back line, but obviously it's Bidwell.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:10 - Aug 17 with 1821 viewsjasper_T

For the sake of balance I'm going to say van der Hoorn was awful in the first half as well. No help to young Joe on the ball, not sure he won a header. Escapes criticism by virtue of not doing anything.

Woodman sliced a punch behind him for a corner somehow. Poor half all round.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:14 - Aug 17 with 1783 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:06 - Aug 17 by Dr_Winston

Connor Roberts was by some distance the worst player in our back line, but obviously it's Bidwell.

Both were pretty shyte but one just about edged it, and I thought it was Bidwell.

Opinions aye.

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:16 - Aug 17 with 1783 viewsswan_si

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:14 - Aug 17 by Flashberryjack

Both were pretty shyte but one just about edged it, and I thought it was Bidwell.

Opinions aye.

McKay can sleep soundly tonight.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:18 - Aug 17 with 1768 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:14 - Aug 17 by Flashberryjack

Opinions aye.

Bidwell set up the winner and didn't give away a moronic penalty.

This just proves the point I made the other day. Bidwell isn't a great player, but he's not a bad one either. However, his very averageness will make him a target even when he doesn't deserve to be, like today.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:19 - Aug 17 with 1754 viewsZaxx

Would like to see Byers get an extended chance at 10 right now. He may not look as fancy or as classy as some but I don't see a lot of end product from the likes of Celina atm
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:22 - Aug 17 with 1732 viewsLuther27

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:10 - Aug 17 by jasper_T

For the sake of balance I'm going to say van der Hoorn was awful in the first half as well. No help to young Joe on the ball, not sure he won a header. Escapes criticism by virtue of not doing anything.

Lost cohesion when Dwyer went off. Ayew came on bossing Bidwell but then started moving across the park leaving him exposed. Kalulu also started to lose positional sense putting pressure on Roberts which PNE exploited. Second half George had to be brought on to give some structure, plus Cooper must have told Ayew stay right side and Celina left. We looked a much better shape then.
Well...that's my sixpenny worth.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:25 - Aug 17 with 1711 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:18 - Aug 17 by Dr_Winston

This just proves the point I made the other day. Bidwell isn't a great player, but he's not a bad one either. However, his very averageness will make him a target even when he doesn't deserve to be, like today.

As I 've said, opinions aye !

Who's the shitiest ?

Hello

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:36 - Aug 17 with 1642 views100percentjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:10 - Aug 17 by jasper_T

What was he thinking there??? No better nor worse than we already had. But to try to punch in that situation???? He’s young, not played regularly at this level, but that choice was just bizarre
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:43 - Aug 17 with 1602 viewsBadlands

Dreadful first half with our midfield non-existent and when they did appear it was to give away possession.
Van der Hoorn was decent in the first half and excellent in the second.
Joe couldn't buy a pass and his confidence looked shot. But again it didn't help that there was no one working to make a pass, Bidwell spent more time running away from the ball than to it.
Once again Grimes failed to turn up and maybe it's time to give Horn the arm band.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:50 - Aug 17 with 1554 viewsLuther27

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:36 - Aug 17 by 100percentjack

What was he thinking there??? No better nor worse than we already had. But to try to punch in that situation???? He’s young, not played regularly at this level, but that choice was just bizarre

Was opposite him when that happened. Only say in his defence was he was looking directly into the sun when going for the ball.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:52 - Aug 17 with 1544 viewsTNT

We're putting a team together ffs.

7 points out of 9 ffs.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:59 - Aug 17 with 1509 views100percentjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:50 - Aug 17 by Luther27

Was opposite him when that happened. Only say in his defence was he was looking directly into the sun when going for the ball.

Not sure on that one, I was in the east and the ball came over quite low. Giving him the benefit at the moment, there is potential there and he’s obviously highly rated but there have been a few decisions he’s made that have baffled me. Getting to know a new team, strengths & weaknesses etc all are valid excuses at this point in the season, but still uncertain of him.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:59 - Aug 17 with 1496 viewsDippy

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:06 - Aug 17 by Dr_Winston

I don't understand the criticism he gets.. he's a fullback that defends well.. he's not great going forward, but he did get an assist today

Poll: Cooper Out

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:59 - Aug 17 with 1505 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:52 - Aug 17 by TNT

We're putting a team together ffs.

7 points out of 9 ffs.

So let's not discuss the game, just count the league points we have.

We've got 7 points.

FFS

Hello

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 21:07 - Aug 17 with 1462 viewsGaz_M

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:18 - Aug 17 by Dr_Winston

He was very poor today.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 21:32 - Aug 17 with 1367 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 21:07 - Aug 17 by Gaz_M

He was very poor today.

He set up the winner mun.

Hello

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 21:34 - Aug 17 with 1364 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 20:59 - Aug 17 by Flashberryjack

So let's not discuss the game, just count the league points we have.

We've got 7 points.

FFS

I thought we started well, fella, heads dropped when we conceded from a wicked deflection. Need a big presence in the middle of the pitch to drive us on. It'll come, hopefully from within.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 21:42 - Aug 17 with 1331 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 21:34 - Aug 17 by TNT

I thought we started well, fella, heads dropped when we conceded from a wicked deflection. Need a big presence in the middle of the pitch to drive us on. It'll come, hopefully from within.

You thought we started well ?

I'd be surprised if many agreed with that, I thought we were bloody atrocious.

Hello

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 21:44 - Aug 17 with 1332 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 21:32 - Aug 17 by Flashberryjack

He set up the winner mun.

And didn't give away a stupid penalty. Don't forget that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024