Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pearlman is leaving 21:01 - Jul 18 with 12857 viewsSwansea93

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/pearlman-leave-swans-coo-post
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 21:02]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Pearlman is leaving on 08:48 - Jul 19 with 2164 viewsFireboy2

Pearlman is leaving on 08:14 - Jul 19 by keith_gatebroth

Another of his ‘bright’ ideas was to effectively disband the Vice Presidents Club, a group of mostly older diehard fans, which was formed during the Vetch Field days. They helped the club enormously during the dark days with donations and fundraising to save the club from bankruptcy.
He steamrollered them out of the small hospitality room they’d occupied since the Liberty opened, refused them an alternative room, probably seeing them as a threat to the hierarchy, and knocked the two adjacent rooms into one and called it the Legends Lounge.
He offered them seats in this new lounge for 2018-19 season but raised the price from £810 to £1385 per year, to be paid in advance by the end of March of 2017-18 relegation season.
Only a handful of VP’s took up the offer and last season there were many empty seats in this new lounge and in the West Stand as a high percentage of VP’s stopped going altogether, in disgust at the way they’d been treated.
He also bumped up prices dramatically in the other hospitality lounges and lost a lot of fans from those lounges as well, some match days they were half empty.

What a w@nker.

Good riddance imo.
Pearlman is leaving on 08:54 - Jul 19 with 2150 viewsItchySphincter

Pearlman is leaving on 08:03 - Jul 19 by WarwickHunt

Low. Cost. Vans.

Fûcking global, mun.

Genius.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Pearlman is leaving on 09:01 - Jul 19 with 2136 viewsKGriz16

Pearlman is leaving on 22:33 - Jul 18 by majorraglan

Never met the guy and I am not familiar with the internal workings of the club, but he did joined when the club was on the way down which would have made it harder. From what I recall reading in the Club accounts, he seemed to have increased the commercial revenue which when you think of the clubs direction of travel was a pretty tidy achievement. He also brought the end of season sale/clear-outs in the shop forward which meant more gear was being offloaded and sold to the supporters coming to the games.
The concept of a City Centre store is a good one, but I don’t think the club is big enough to sustain one.

Kaplan and Levien must rate him if he’s going to work at DC United.

An actual sensible comment on his departure. I would suggest the bus travel with Zeelo was another venture of his also. Whilst I understand the mistrust towards anyone with an American accent on this forum or with the fan base, I will say, it seemed to me as if he was trying to bring the club forward. The new club shop was always going to be a struggle, as is every high street store with the internet, but there was more sponsorship, we acquired the stadium, and it always seemed as though revenue was trying to be increased. Extremely difficult with the club not in the Premiership, and where we find ourselves in the World.
Pearlman is leaving on 09:04 - Jul 19 with 2124 viewslonglostjack

Pearlman is leaving on 09:01 - Jul 19 by KGriz16

An actual sensible comment on his departure. I would suggest the bus travel with Zeelo was another venture of his also. Whilst I understand the mistrust towards anyone with an American accent on this forum or with the fan base, I will say, it seemed to me as if he was trying to bring the club forward. The new club shop was always going to be a struggle, as is every high street store with the internet, but there was more sponsorship, we acquired the stadium, and it always seemed as though revenue was trying to be increased. Extremely difficult with the club not in the Premiership, and where we find ourselves in the World.

It would have been much better to use the money spent on acquiring the stadium to buy a few pots of paint. What happened to the naming rights?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Pearlman is leaving on 09:38 - Jul 19 with 2041 viewsdobjack2

I would suggest that his ideas were more about making money for the club rather than bringing the club forward.

I would also suggest that he didn’t understand the market, the Swansea area or the fan base. Just like our absentee owners.
Pearlman is leaving on 09:39 - Jul 19 with 2044 viewsPhil_S

Pearlman is leaving on 22:31 - Jul 18 by jasper_T

"Turnover for the year was £126.8 million compared with £127.8 million for the previous year. This included an increase of £2.6 million in commercial revenue to £12 million, mainly via additional sponsorship gains."

a 27% increase. Sounds impressive.

On the backdrop of the most marketable brand in world football (the Premier League) and on an increased cost of how many people within the team to bring in this. A global head of partnerships whose reach extended as far as Neath (who has now left) - if I had put a team together with that many new people and targeted them effectively, £2.6m growth would be seen as failure against what should have been higher targets

Compare the £2.6m growth to the additional expenditure during the same period and take the net growth as the real figure. And then decide if the return on investment was one that you would be happy with if it was your business. And include in those costs the extra expenditure of a city centre store and whether that bought in additional revenue or just the same revenue but with double the overheads (especially as to all intents and purposes we had a city centre store with the Debenhams area anyway)

And if you still feel it is impressive then that is your entitlement.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Pearlman is leaving on 09:41 - Jul 19 with 2034 viewsLeonWasGod

Pearlman is leaving on 09:46 - Jul 19 with 2018 viewsCooperman

Pearlman is leaving on 08:03 - Jul 19 by WarwickHunt

Low. Cost. Vans.

Fûcking global, mun.

Always a ray of sunshine in the darkest hour.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Pearlman is leaving on 09:49 - Jul 19 with 2008 viewsLeonWasGod

Pearlman is leaving on 09:39 - Jul 19 by Phil_S

On the backdrop of the most marketable brand in world football (the Premier League) and on an increased cost of how many people within the team to bring in this. A global head of partnerships whose reach extended as far as Neath (who has now left) - if I had put a team together with that many new people and targeted them effectively, £2.6m growth would be seen as failure against what should have been higher targets

Compare the £2.6m growth to the additional expenditure during the same period and take the net growth as the real figure. And then decide if the return on investment was one that you would be happy with if it was your business. And include in those costs the extra expenditure of a city centre store and whether that bought in additional revenue or just the same revenue but with double the overheads (especially as to all intents and purposes we had a city centre store with the Debenhams area anyway)

Presumably the increase in commercial income more than offset the investment in his team, including running costs for facilities? He should get some credit for things that went reasonably well. Some ideas worked, some didn't. At least there were some ideas there that were fan-focussed, unlike the previous regime who wanted to blind us with neon advertising boards and the like.

Although I'm struggling to give a sh*t if I'm being totally honest
Pearlman is leaving on 09:50 - Jul 19 with 2003 viewsHighjack

Pearlman is leaving on 09:39 - Jul 19 by Phil_S

Neath is of course the greatest town in the world so perhaps he was a visionary to focus all his efforts there.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Pearlman is leaving on 09:53 - Jul 19 with 1997 viewsQJumpingJack

Pearlman is leaving on 08:14 - Jul 19 by keith_gatebroth

Another of his ‘bright’ ideas was to effectively disband the Vice Presidents Club, a group of mostly older diehard fans, which was formed during the Vetch Field days. They helped the club enormously during the dark days with donations and fundraising to save the club from bankruptcy.
He steamrollered them out of the small hospitality room they’d occupied since the Liberty opened, refused them an alternative room, probably seeing them as a threat to the hierarchy, and knocked the two adjacent rooms into one and called it the Legends Lounge.
He offered them seats in this new lounge for 2018-19 season but raised the price from £810 to £1385 per year, to be paid in advance by the end of March of 2017-18 relegation season.
Only a handful of VP’s took up the offer and last season there were many empty seats in this new lounge and in the West Stand as a high percentage of VP’s stopped going altogether, in disgust at the way they’d been treated.
He also bumped up prices dramatically in the other hospitality lounges and lost a lot of fans from those lounges as well, some match days they were half empty.

Sad and awful.
Pearlman is leaving on 10:39 - Jul 19 with 1931 viewsPhil_S

Pearlman is leaving on 09:49 - Jul 19 by LeonWasGod

Presumably the increase in commercial income more than offset the investment in his team, including running costs for facilities? He should get some credit for things that went reasonably well. Some ideas worked, some didn't. At least there were some ideas there that were fan-focussed, unlike the previous regime who wanted to blind us with neon advertising boards and the like.

Although I'm struggling to give a sh*t if I'm being totally honest

Very possibly it would have exceeded and only he and his bosses would know if it exceeded by as much as he would have been targeted to exceed it by. For example one of my key goals in every spend I make in my role is to achieve 30%+ margins in return. Anything less than that although profitable is not deemed as profitable enough.

Definitely more fan focused, definitely an approachable guy and must have done something that kept his bosses happy or he would be out on his ear rather than trusted with a key role elsewhere in their "empire"

I would though rather the saving be used to invest in the playing side of things so like you I think my levels of giving a f*ck are relatively low
Pearlman is leaving on 10:42 - Jul 19 with 1924 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I hope Mr Pearlman enjoyed his holiday in Swansea.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Pearlman is leaving on 11:53 - Jul 19 with 1838 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Pearlman is leaving on 21:35 - Jul 18 by exiledclaseboy

And who on earth would do that?

Didn't The Trust recommend to its members that we take Dineen and the others involved at the time for their word regarding that 'deal' a few years ago?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Pearlman is leaving on 12:09 - Jul 19 with 1817 viewsThrasher6

"The new club shop was always going to be a struggle, as is every high street store with the internet"
99% of sane people agree with this statement...so it begs the question. "Why couldn't he see it?"
Oh no...he couldn't see that retail is something you want to avoid. £500k a year eh...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Pearlman is leaving on 12:10 - Jul 19 with 1813 viewsNookiejack

What has he delivered in comparison to all the money the club has paid him.

His main achievement appears to be the stadium deal - but that has put us in a precarious position being responsible for future stadium repairs (please correct me if I am wrong) without compensating revenue given we are a championship club.

Also part of the management team who were in charge when we were relegated. So doesn't appear to have enhanced his CV.
Pearlman is leaving on 12:28 - Jul 19 with 1765 viewsUxbridge

Pearlman is leaving on 11:53 - Jul 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Didn't The Trust recommend to its members that we take Dineen and the others involved at the time for their word regarding that 'deal' a few years ago?

Given that the deal was with the buyers, not the sellers, then no.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Pearlman is leaving on 12:54 - Jul 19 with 1728 viewsBadlands

Pearlman is leaving on 12:09 - Jul 19 by Thrasher6

"The new club shop was always going to be a struggle, as is every high street store with the internet"
99% of sane people agree with this statement...so it begs the question. "Why couldn't he see it?"
Oh no...he couldn't see that retail is something you want to avoid. £500k a year eh...

99%!
You know that how?
How much trade does the club shop at the Liberty do outside game days?
With the increase in electronic ticketing the club shop at the Liberty gets even less footfall on non-match days as fewer people visit the ticket office out of hours.
IMO the sensible thing would be to have the Swans and Ospreys club shop in town and open the liberty outlet on match days.
There again the rates on the Liberty shop are part of the global rates.

A town centre outlet should have worked and made the Swans visually prominent to everyone who visits the city centre.
I can go into several sports shops in town and get any amount of Liverpool or Man U stuff but almost nothing about the Swans.
Not having a presence in town really does show us up as a small town club wanting big city football.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Pearlman is leaving on 12:59 - Jul 19 with 1716 viewsexhmrc1

The situation is the city centre probably SHOP did work initially but is not working now due to relegation. The Cwmdu shop and the franchise in Debenhams closed on opening and the staff moved into the new shop. What was the rental on those. Does anybody know.
Pearlman is leaving on 13:00 - Jul 19 with 1716 viewslonglostjack

Pearlman is leaving on 12:54 - Jul 19 by Badlands

99%!
You know that how?
With the increase in electronic ticketing the club shop at the Liberty gets even less footfall on non-match days as fewer people visit the ticket office out of hours.
IMO the sensible thing would be to have the Swans and Ospreys club shop in town and open the liberty outlet on match days.

A town centre outlet should have worked and made the Swans visually prominent to everyone who visits the city centre.
I can go into several sports shops in town and get any amount of Liverpool or Man U stuff but almost nothing about the Swans.
Not having a presence in town really does show us up as a small town club wanting big city football.

How long was the lease on the town centre outlet?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Pearlman is leaving on 13:24 - Jul 19 with 1656 viewsvetchonian

Pearlman is leaving on 12:59 - Jul 19 by exhmrc1

The situation is the city centre probably SHOP did work initially but is not working now due to relegation. The Cwmdu shop and the franchise in Debenhams closed on opening and the staff moved into the new shop. What was the rental on those. Does anybody know.

ASk Martin Morgan as he owns the Cmdu estate

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Pearlman is leaving on 14:05 - Jul 19 with 1571 viewsjack247

Pearlman is leaving on 12:54 - Jul 19 by Badlands

99%!
You know that how?

They had a town centre outlet. It didn’t work so they closed it.
Pearlman is leaving on 19:19 - Jul 19 with 1449 viewsBillyChong

Zeelo who have decided not to continue this season? How many people actually used it on a match day?
Pearlman is leaving on 19:21 - Jul 19 with 1440 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pearlman is leaving on 11:53 - Jul 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You’d have to ask those involved at the time, Dwighty boy but I think the answer to your question is probably “no”.

Poll: Tory leader

Pearlman is leaving on 19:30 - Jul 19 with 1404 viewsGaryjack

Pearlman is leaving on 19:21 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

You’d have to ask those involved at the time, Dwighty boy but I think the answer to your question is probably “no”.

I do recall something along those lines tbh, but i think it was more of an initial reaction through gritted teeth, and well before the full implications of the sale and the way it was conducted became clear to the Trust.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024