Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson 19:39 - Jun 21 with 14604 viewsDarran

Scum.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/21/police-called-to-loud-altercati

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Boris Johnson on 21:47 - Jun 22 with 1578 viewsjack247

Boris Johnson on 21:30 - Jun 22 by SymondsYatjack

Tell me, how would the police cope ?
They wouldn’t, and that’s a fact.
You obviously like the sound of your own voice with the “sound bites” as anyone with an IQ greater than a cabbage, would know, the police would be overwhelmed, if all these arguments were reported.

So I’m still waiting for you to tell me, how the police would cope ?

There’s no credible argument that you shouldn’t call the police if you’ve knocked your neighbours door 3 times, haven’t got a response and are concerned for their safety.

That’s where it should end IMO, let the police deal with it. If he’s actually done anything wrong, then get the media involved. If it’s just a couple having a heated argument and it’s over, that’s the end of it.
Boris Johnson on 22:27 - Jun 22 with 1524 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 21:42 - Jun 22 by Highjack

Diane Abbott was photographed in public and was actually breaking the law in plain sight.

Secretly recording people through the walls of their home as they have the sort of domestic that lots of couples have and sending it to a newspaper all seems a bit sinister to me.

There’s also a very big jump from a loud argument about a wine stain on a sofa to potential domestic violence.

You have no idea what they were or were not arguing about.

Or what was happening. Neither does anyone else. Possibly apart from those that heard the tape.

The only thing anyone knows, given it’s a transcript in the paper, is she screamed and also shouted at him to “get off me” and to “get out of my flat”.

A woman screaming and shouting “get off me” is sufficient to call the police if there is no answer to 3 attempts to see if she is ok.

It’s not a secret recording. The only recording happened inside the people’s own flat. Are you saying that people can’t record something inside their own home now?
Boris Johnson on 23:04 - Jun 22 with 1483 viewsHighjack

Boris Johnson on 22:27 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

You have no idea what they were or were not arguing about.

Or what was happening. Neither does anyone else. Possibly apart from those that heard the tape.

The only thing anyone knows, given it’s a transcript in the paper, is she screamed and also shouted at him to “get off me” and to “get out of my flat”.

A woman screaming and shouting “get off me” is sufficient to call the police if there is no answer to 3 attempts to see if she is ok.

It’s not a secret recording. The only recording happened inside the people’s own flat. Are you saying that people can’t record something inside their own home now?

The police have heard it and they’ve said there’s no domestic violence...

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Boris Johnson on 23:39 - Jun 22 with 1453 viewsmajorraglan

Boris Johnson on 08:28 - Jun 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"Police attended and spoke to all occupants of the address, who were all safe and well. There were no offences or concerns apparent to the officers and there was no cause for police action.”

Up arrowed you by mistake.

Most people don’t want to get involved with the police at the best of times, I reckon it must have sounded pretty serious for the neighbours to call the police. How many people on here would call the police to a domestic at their next door neighbours without giving it some serious thought?
Boris Johnson on 00:02 - Jun 23 with 1419 viewsmajorraglan

Boris Johnson on 21:04 - Jun 22 by SymondsYatjack

If the police got called out to every couple having a shouting match, the police would soon tell people not to call the police for such incidents, because I’d imagine there are thousands upon thousands of similar incidents every day, and soon would be overwhelmed.

Let’s be honest the so-called concerned neighbours, are nothing of the sort.
They actually dislike Johnson and are just trying to throw mud, hoping some will stick.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2019 21:06]

I know a few police officers and there’s a huge focus on Domestic Violence within the criminal justice system, it’s quite understandable when a significant proportion of all the murders in the U.K. are domestic related.
I suspect the police are under pressure and struggling to deal with everything, it’s probably the reason why they introduced crime desks where you phone up, tell them what’s happened and they give you a number and close the case there and then.
Boris Johnson on 10:00 - Jun 23 with 1309 viewscontroversial_jack

Boris Johnson on 00:02 - Jun 23 by majorraglan

I know a few police officers and there’s a huge focus on Domestic Violence within the criminal justice system, it’s quite understandable when a significant proportion of all the murders in the U.K. are domestic related.
I suspect the police are under pressure and struggling to deal with everything, it’s probably the reason why they introduced crime desks where you phone up, tell them what’s happened and they give you a number and close the case there and then.

There's not a lot the police can do unless they get direct and sound evidence. Many abusive partners get away without any punishment, that's the reality.
Boris Johnson on 11:49 - Jun 23 with 1252 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 23:04 - Jun 22 by Highjack

The police have heard it and they’ve said there’s no domestic violence...

I don’t understand your point.

You said that people were making a secret recording and I pointed out that the recording was in their own flat.

If the police conclude that there is no evidence of domestic violence that’s good. It doesn’t mean people suspecting it should not call the police.

They absolutely should. And should make a recording if they can. Which is exactly what the police recommend.
Boris Johnson on 11:55 - Jun 23 with 1247 viewslondonlisa2001

It’s truly awful that the right wing press have spent more time and effort chasing after the people that called the police than they have attempting to determine why a 54 year old leader in the race to become prime minister is involved in this sort of incident.

Still, another day, another scandal involving him. The ‘lefty’ conspiracy that he was involved with Bannon (denied repeatedly by Johnson) turns out to be not so much of a conspiracy after all. What a surprise.
Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson on 12:03 - Jun 23 with 1236 viewsbluey_the_blue

I've no problem with the background of the people recording being brought into question with regard to going to the Guardian. It's clear given the animosity shown to BoJo as both himself and a Tory by the partner of Tom Penn, the recording was given to Guardian to try to destroy his chances of winning leadership election. For all the protestations that he's not political, that's bs.

Their political leanings should not be used to decry the decision to call the police which was absolutely the right decision.
Boris Johnson on 12:06 - Jun 23 with 1232 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 12:03 - Jun 23 by bluey_the_blue

I've no problem with the background of the people recording being brought into question with regard to going to the Guardian. It's clear given the animosity shown to BoJo as both himself and a Tory by the partner of Tom Penn, the recording was given to Guardian to try to destroy his chances of winning leadership election. For all the protestations that he's not political, that's bs.

Their political leanings should not be used to decry the decision to call the police which was absolutely the right decision.

If a recording can destroy his chances of being leader, it’s clearly in the public interest that the recording is made available.

To argue otherwise is nonsensical.
Boris Johnson on 12:09 - Jun 23 with 1230 viewsBatterseajack

If this had happened to a remainer or a Labour Party member then the right wing press would gleefully publish this and insist it was in the public interest for the story to be publicise.
Boris Johnson on 12:13 - Jun 23 with 1221 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 12:09 - Jun 23 by Batterseajack

If this had happened to a remainer or a Labour Party member then the right wing press would gleefully publish this and insist it was in the public interest for the story to be publicise.

It was ‘in the public interest’ to show Abbott drinking a can from M&S on a Saturday while howling about it. Imagine if Corbyn was involved in a domestic incident that required the police.

It would be all over the news for weeks and weeks.
Boris Johnson on 12:23 - Jun 23 with 1208 viewsjack_lord

Boris Johnson on 12:13 - Jun 23 by londonlisa2001

It was ‘in the public interest’ to show Abbott drinking a can from M&S on a Saturday while howling about it. Imagine if Corbyn was involved in a domestic incident that required the police.

It would be all over the news for weeks and weeks.

The hypocrisy of the press and social media users towards these different leaders is indeed astounding.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Boris Johnson on 12:23 - Jun 23 with 1208 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 12:06 - Jun 23 by londonlisa2001

If a recording can destroy his chances of being leader, it’s clearly in the public interest that the recording is made available.

To argue otherwise is nonsensical.

So it was then absolutely a political act to go to the Guardian, whose stance is anti-BoJo.

The police were satisfied, rightly or wrongly, there was nothing to the incident with regards to taking further action. The recording is not and has not been made available - only snippets reported. No full transcript, no full recording published.

Carrie Symonds reportedly feel unwilling to return to the flat given anti-BoJo posters put up in and around the area. As early reports said, that had been going on for a while. Given the partner of Tom Penn bragging on social media about having shown BoJo the finger previously, why is it not in the public interest to reveal that those who went to the media have pre-existing animosity to BoJo?
Boris Johnson on 12:26 - Jun 23 with 1205 viewscontroversial_jack

There's no point in being anti Boris, the other candidate is just as bad
Boris Johnson on 12:34 - Jun 23 with 1199 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 12:23 - Jun 23 by bluey_the_blue

So it was then absolutely a political act to go to the Guardian, whose stance is anti-BoJo.

The police were satisfied, rightly or wrongly, there was nothing to the incident with regards to taking further action. The recording is not and has not been made available - only snippets reported. No full transcript, no full recording published.

Carrie Symonds reportedly feel unwilling to return to the flat given anti-BoJo posters put up in and around the area. As early reports said, that had been going on for a while. Given the partner of Tom Penn bragging on social media about having shown BoJo the finger previously, why is it not in the public interest to reveal that those who went to the media have pre-existing animosity to BoJo?

As I said yesterday, it was given to the papers as it’s in the public interest to do so with someone who is attempting to become PM. Whether they would have done so if they’d been Tories, who knows?

If there has been sufficient harassment for a while to stop his partner wanting to be in her flat, the fact that they were, indeed, in her flat the night before last is odd don’t you think? And have been in her flat every night before that.

And their political persuasion doesn’t affect what’s on the tape does it. So no, it’s not in the public interest to reveal animosity or otherwise. Or are you suggesting that the contents of the recording were changed by them?

And the recording has been subject to an injunction attempt by Johnson. Who knows whether that’s why it isn’t available. But you have to wonder why he wants an injunction when it’s not anything to be concerned about. Also why he’s unwilling to answer questions about it.

He has even bigger issues today though doesn’t he. Being caught lying yet again and being shown to be involved with the far right.

You can’t continue to defend him Bluey. He is categorically unsuitable to be PM. Thankfully, whatever the outcome of the election, there’s growing feeling that he won’t become PM. Let’s hope that continues.
Boris Johnson on 12:49 - Jun 23 with 1181 viewsexhmrc1

Personally I hope he gets the Tory leadership. He will prove the worst leader in history. More things will end up coming out. He will be an electoral liability. If he gets in a number of remainers will leave the Tory party. Some have already threatened that. He will then be in a minority even with DUP support. There could be a vote of no confidence and it is likely the other parties will act together to form a government or there will be a general election. As it stands they have 323 seats between the Tories and DUP out of 648. They are only in because Sinn Fein havent taken their places. It will only take say 5 to change their election and Boris will be out. As a Labour supporter I fear Hunt might prove a safer pair of hands and worry about Corbyn being unectable
Boris Johnson on 12:57 - Jun 23 with 1171 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 12:34 - Jun 23 by londonlisa2001

As I said yesterday, it was given to the papers as it’s in the public interest to do so with someone who is attempting to become PM. Whether they would have done so if they’d been Tories, who knows?

If there has been sufficient harassment for a while to stop his partner wanting to be in her flat, the fact that they were, indeed, in her flat the night before last is odd don’t you think? And have been in her flat every night before that.

And their political persuasion doesn’t affect what’s on the tape does it. So no, it’s not in the public interest to reveal animosity or otherwise. Or are you suggesting that the contents of the recording were changed by them?

And the recording has been subject to an injunction attempt by Johnson. Who knows whether that’s why it isn’t available. But you have to wonder why he wants an injunction when it’s not anything to be concerned about. Also why he’s unwilling to answer questions about it.

He has even bigger issues today though doesn’t he. Being caught lying yet again and being shown to be involved with the far right.

You can’t continue to defend him Bluey. He is categorically unsuitable to be PM. Thankfully, whatever the outcome of the election, there’s growing feeling that he won’t become PM. Let’s hope that continues.

The presentation of the incident has been a veiled "oooh, he's a DVer". By the same token, I doubt the tape would have been given to the Guardian if BoJo was pro-Remain; after all Penn's partner was involved with the production of a Brexit play part funded by EU. Maybe I'm getting cynical, but reducing the chances of BoJo being PM in favour of someone slightly less in favour of hard Brexit clearly never crossed their minds.

Given the partner has previously posted "fvck Tories", the whole flipping finger incident I find it difficult to believe she'd be present in the flat under any circumstances tbh.

You're absolutely right, the political persusasion doesn't affect what's on the recording, whatever that is. We've read certain highlighted parts. We've also read another neighbour stating she heard a woman's voice screaming in an angry manner, man speaking calmly telling her to calm down. Until the recording is fully transcribed and verified, who knows?

There are many reasons for an injunction. If there was nothing more than a drunken row, for example, it's damning - after all, if drunk as PM what could happen? If he was guilty of DV as shown by the recording, then that sinks his career and rightly so. If the recording shows his partner instigated, was aggressive then maybe an injunction would be to protect her career. Again, it's all assumptions of my part as well as yours.

The whole "ah he wouldn't want an injunction unless guilty" is a false assumption. We simply don't know. What we do know is the recording will 100% leak at some point. If it's damaging to BoJo, no doubt a Labour MP will read a transcript in HoC under parliamentary privilege at an opportunistic moment - more damaging if/when BoJo PM than before.

Yup, BoJo has problems and issues and I'm not defending him. I don't believe he's suitable for PM hence not voting for him. The only way he could work as PM is if he developed the self-awareness to stock the cabinet with top talent, leaving him as a figurehead. Like Trump, he lacks emotional intelligence ( well, intelligence full stop ).
Boris Johnson on 13:11 - Jun 23 with 1156 viewssherpajacob

Boris Johnson on 12:09 - Jun 23 by Batterseajack

Mail on Sunday is arguing it's,wrong to intrude on someone's private life, by publishing the full details of the private lives of the neighbours who called the police.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Boris Johnson on 13:27 - Jun 23 with 1132 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 13:11 - Jun 23 by sherpajacob

Mail on Sunday is arguing it's,wrong to intrude on someone's private life, by publishing the full details of the private lives of the neighbours who called the police.

Correctly called the police, ran to the media instantly, self-identified then deleted their twitter accounts.

Any paper identifying them solely for calling the police are scum. AS soon as they gave the recording to the Guardian, they made themselves fair game for questions to be asked about their true motivations.
Boris Johnson on 13:34 - Jun 23 with 1124 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 12:57 - Jun 23 by bluey_the_blue

The presentation of the incident has been a veiled "oooh, he's a DVer". By the same token, I doubt the tape would have been given to the Guardian if BoJo was pro-Remain; after all Penn's partner was involved with the production of a Brexit play part funded by EU. Maybe I'm getting cynical, but reducing the chances of BoJo being PM in favour of someone slightly less in favour of hard Brexit clearly never crossed their minds.

Given the partner has previously posted "fvck Tories", the whole flipping finger incident I find it difficult to believe she'd be present in the flat under any circumstances tbh.

You're absolutely right, the political persusasion doesn't affect what's on the recording, whatever that is. We've read certain highlighted parts. We've also read another neighbour stating she heard a woman's voice screaming in an angry manner, man speaking calmly telling her to calm down. Until the recording is fully transcribed and verified, who knows?

There are many reasons for an injunction. If there was nothing more than a drunken row, for example, it's damning - after all, if drunk as PM what could happen? If he was guilty of DV as shown by the recording, then that sinks his career and rightly so. If the recording shows his partner instigated, was aggressive then maybe an injunction would be to protect her career. Again, it's all assumptions of my part as well as yours.

The whole "ah he wouldn't want an injunction unless guilty" is a false assumption. We simply don't know. What we do know is the recording will 100% leak at some point. If it's damaging to BoJo, no doubt a Labour MP will read a transcript in HoC under parliamentary privilege at an opportunistic moment - more damaging if/when BoJo PM than before.

Yup, BoJo has problems and issues and I'm not defending him. I don't believe he's suitable for PM hence not voting for him. The only way he could work as PM is if he developed the self-awareness to stock the cabinet with top talent, leaving him as a figurehead. Like Trump, he lacks emotional intelligence ( well, intelligence full stop ).

There are so many straw men in that, I wouldn’t know where to start.

I do find the utter hypocrisy of someone who posts endless accusations against Corbyn and the Labour Party gleaned from Guido Fawkes being suddenly concerned about the political motives of someone highlighting issues with Johnson, frankly astonishing.

Btw - if you hate the Labour Party so much you lose any sense of reason because of anti semitism, wait till you see the views of Boris’ puppet master.
Boris Johnson on 14:31 - Jun 23 with 1061 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 13:34 - Jun 23 by londonlisa2001

There are so many straw men in that, I wouldn’t know where to start.

I do find the utter hypocrisy of someone who posts endless accusations against Corbyn and the Labour Party gleaned from Guido Fawkes being suddenly concerned about the political motives of someone highlighting issues with Johnson, frankly astonishing.

Btw - if you hate the Labour Party so much you lose any sense of reason because of anti semitism, wait till you see the views of Boris’ puppet master.

Lisa, most of my stuff about anti-semitism in Labour doesn't come from Guido Fawkes. It comes from those fighting anti-semitism every day.
Boris Johnson on 14:39 - Jun 23 with 1047 viewsHighjack

Didn’t Fawkes sort of die a bit about 400 years ago?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Boris Johnson on 14:44 - Jun 23 with 1040 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 14:39 - Jun 23 by Highjack

Didn’t Fawkes sort of die a bit about 400 years ago?

Pre-internet, some would say.
Boris Johnson on 14:49 - Jun 23 with 1036 viewsHighjack

Boris Johnson on 14:44 - Jun 23 by bluey_the_blue

Pre-internet, some would say.

He couldn’t handle the heat.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024