Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BoJo vs Hunt 18:06 - Jun 20 with 5826 viewsbluey_the_blue

Oh dear.
BoJo vs Hunt on 20:00 - Jun 20 with 1109 viewslonglostjack

Boris could be the UK’s shortest ever serving Prime Minister unless of course he puts the knife into the swivel eyed loons and goes for a second referendum.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:01 - Jun 20 with 1109 viewsWarwickHunt

BoJo vs Hunt on 19:58 - Jun 20 by exiledclaseboy

I didn’t ask for a prediction I asked who you’re voting for. It won’t take Nostradamus to work out that Johnson is walking it.

Comprehension isn’t Bluey’s strong point.

You may have noticed.
BoJo vs Hunt on 20:02 - Jun 20 with 1104 viewsVetchfielder

BoJo vs Hunt on 19:33 - Jun 20 by exiledclaseboy

Gove couldn’t eviscerate a fish finger ffs.

I've never voted Conservative and I voted Remain but I do recognise Gove as having some talent as a debater and he's cleverer than Boris. It would have been fun to see them up against each other if it wasn't so serious. I remember his speech about 3 months ago where he summed up on behalf of the Government prior to one of the Teresa May deal votes and he was amazingly good, and none of it being read from a pile of papers either.

Proud to have been one of the 231

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:03 - Jun 20 with 1100 viewsItchySphincter

BoJo vs Hunt on 19:29 - Jun 20 by exiledclaseboy

Johnson’s first PMQs is gonna be hilarious. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that it could also be his last.

What I said to you about the Lib Dems rising from the ashes in a general election with a mandate around a second referendum is going to come true.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:04 - Jun 20 with 1094 viewsbluey_the_blue

BoJo vs Hunt on 19:58 - Jun 20 by exiledclaseboy

I didn’t ask for a prediction I asked who you’re voting for. It won’t take Nostradamus to work out that Johnson is walking it.

Reluctantly Hunt.

Can't bring myself to vote for BoJo. I'd have felt happier voting for Gove rather than Hunt but so be it.

I said I preferred Javid and Stewart, both seem to have raised their stock during this. Would be interested to see Stewart outside a leadership contest dominated with Brexit. Javid has come across a lot better than some would have thought. Throw others into the mix next time, like a Mordaunt and things could be bteter.
BoJo vs Hunt on 20:12 - Jun 20 with 1077 viewslondonlisa2001

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:04 - Jun 20 by bluey_the_blue

Reluctantly Hunt.

Can't bring myself to vote for BoJo. I'd have felt happier voting for Gove rather than Hunt but so be it.

I said I preferred Javid and Stewart, both seem to have raised their stock during this. Would be interested to see Stewart outside a leadership contest dominated with Brexit. Javid has come across a lot better than some would have thought. Throw others into the mix next time, like a Mordaunt and things could be bteter.

Penny Mordaunt?

I think she’d come up short.
BoJo vs Hunt on 20:13 - Jun 20 with 1076 viewsexiledclaseboy

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:04 - Jun 20 by bluey_the_blue

Reluctantly Hunt.

So you’ve spent the last three years moaning that Brexit is such a mess because we had a remainer PM in charge of sorting it and now you’re going to vote for another remainer PM to be in charge of negotiations. Only this one publicly stated just after the referendum that we should have another vote on the exit deal.

Gotta love Tories.

Poll: Tory leader

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:15 - Jun 20 with 1063 viewsbluey_the_blue

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:12 - Jun 20 by londonlisa2001

Penny Mordaunt?

I think she’d come up short.

Probably would. It would be fresher blood in the leadership race though.

I suspect there's a lot of interest amongst members in BoJo for a) wanting Brexit and b) being able to smash Corbyn in next GE.
Login to get fewer ads

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:17 - Jun 20 with 1052 viewslondonlisa2001

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:15 - Jun 20 by bluey_the_blue

Probably would. It would be fresher blood in the leadership race though.

I suspect there's a lot of interest amongst members in BoJo for a) wanting Brexit and b) being able to smash Corbyn in next GE.

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:20 - Jun 20 with 1045 viewsunion_jack

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:02 - Jun 20 by Vetchfielder

I've never voted Conservative and I voted Remain but I do recognise Gove as having some talent as a debater and he's cleverer than Boris. It would have been fun to see them up against each other if it wasn't so serious. I remember his speech about 3 months ago where he summed up on behalf of the Government prior to one of the Teresa May deal votes and he was amazingly good, and none of it being read from a pile of papers either.

I’d have loved to have seen a repeat of 3(?) years ago Jeff but not to be. He’ll steamroller Hunt I reckon.

I’m not so sure that it’s going to be as clear cut as people think on here. The Parliamentary members may have a different, more positive view of Boris than the grass root members. Yes, he’s likely to win but maybe not by the margin expected. There again...!

As I said previously, this is an ideal opportunity for Labour to make hay but won’t whilst Corbyn is in charge.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:20 - Jun 20 with 1045 viewsjackonicko

BoJo vs Hunt on 19:29 - Jun 20 by exiledclaseboy

Johnson’s first PMQs is gonna be hilarious. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that it could also be his last.

A million times this. BoJo is going to be a brilliantly entertaining PM. Probably not for very long, but whilst there it’s going to be chuckles all around.
BoJo vs Hunt on 20:21 - Jun 20 with 1044 viewsbluey_the_blue

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:13 - Jun 20 by exiledclaseboy

So you’ve spent the last three years moaning that Brexit is such a mess because we had a remainer PM in charge of sorting it and now you’re going to vote for another remainer PM to be in charge of negotiations. Only this one publicly stated just after the referendum that we should have another vote on the exit deal.

Gotta love Tories.

You're generalising about Leavers and Remainers though.

Gove and BoJo both Leavers but very different in nature as leaders.

Gove vs Hunt? Gove for me.
Gove vs BoJo? Gove for me.
Hunt vs BoJo? Hunt for me.

You might notice a pattern there.

In an ideal world, Hunt would not be there. I'd certainly not consider voting for Hunt in any other circumstances. In this case, I believe he's a slightly better option than BoJo for many reasons, not about Brexit.
BoJo vs Hunt on 20:32 - Jun 20 with 1029 viewsexiledclaseboy

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:20 - Jun 20 by union_jack

I’d have loved to have seen a repeat of 3(?) years ago Jeff but not to be. He’ll steamroller Hunt I reckon.

I’m not so sure that it’s going to be as clear cut as people think on here. The Parliamentary members may have a different, more positive view of Boris than the grass root members. Yes, he’s likely to win but maybe not by the margin expected. There again...!

As I said previously, this is an ideal opportunity for Labour to make hay but won’t whilst Corbyn is in charge.

Tory members think Johnson is awesome. He’ll get a bigger percentage among members than he did among MPs. Especially against remainer wet Hunt. 60-65% for Johnson easily. Unless he does something monumentally stupid, which is always a possibility.

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:36 - Jun 20 with 1022 viewsbluey_the_blue

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:32 - Jun 20 by exiledclaseboy

Tory members think Johnson is awesome. He’ll get a bigger percentage among members than he did among MPs. Especially against remainer wet Hunt. 60-65% for Johnson easily. Unless he does something monumentally stupid, which is always a possibility.

Well, not all, but your analysis is probably about right.

EDIT:

Don't assume all members are frothing at mouth hardliners. Cameron vs Davis in 2005 - member gave Cameron a far higher percentage than MPs did. Obviously no members vote in 2016.

It would be surprising to say the least if BoJo didn't win.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2019 20:40]
BoJo vs Hunt on 20:39 - Jun 20 with 1008 viewssherpajacob

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:02 - Jun 20 by Vetchfielder

It was an entertaining speech in the same manner of William Hague. It was however completely devoid of substance.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:42 - Jun 20 with 1003 viewsunion_jack

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:32 - Jun 20 by exiledclaseboy

Well we’ll see but you may well be right.

As I think you’ve said before, nothing can be predicted with any degree of accuracy in politics presently.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:46 - Jun 20 with 988 viewsexiledclaseboy

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:42 - Jun 20 by union_jack

Well we’ll see but you may well be right.

As I think you’ve said before, nothing can be predicted with any degree of accuracy in politics presently.

True. But Johnson winning a vote of Tory members is about as sure a sure thing as it’s possible to get at the moment. But as yiu said, we’ll see. Hunt has at least one vote from Bluey anyway.

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:50 - Jun 20 with 980 viewsexiledclaseboy

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:36 - Jun 20 by bluey_the_blue

Well, not all, but your analysis is probably about right.

EDIT:

Don't assume all members are frothing at mouth hardliners. Cameron vs Davis in 2005 - member gave Cameron a far higher percentage than MPs did. Obviously no members vote in 2016.

It would be surprising to say the least if BoJo didn't win.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2019 20:40]

Cameron v Davis was 15 years ago.

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:50 - Jun 20 with 980 viewssherpajacob

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:21 - Jun 20 by bluey_the_blue

You're generalising about Leavers and Remainers though.

Gove and BoJo both Leavers but very different in nature as leaders.

Gove vs Hunt? Gove for me.
Gove vs BoJo? Gove for me.
Hunt vs BoJo? Hunt for me.

You might notice a pattern there.

In an ideal world, Hunt would not be there. I'd certainly not consider voting for Hunt in any other circumstances. In this case, I believe he's a slightly better option than BoJo for many reasons, not about Brexit.

Johnson is neither a remainer nor a leaver.

He backed leave to undermine Cameron.

If he thinks the public majority is for remain, he will swing the same way.

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:51 - Jun 20 with 978 viewsexiledclaseboy

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:50 - Jun 20 by sherpajacob

Johnson is neither a remainer nor a leaver.

He backed leave to undermine Cameron.

If he thinks the public majority is for remain, he will swing the same way.

But his party won’t. Which means he’s screwed either way.

BoJo vs Hunt on 21:20 - Jun 20 with 950 viewsbluey_the_blue

BoJo vs Hunt on 20:50 - Jun 20 by exiledclaseboy

Cameron v Davis was 15 years ago.

Indeed, but shows it's not a guarantee hardline MPs will necessarily win.
BoJo vs Hunt on 21:48 - Jun 20 with 921 viewsFlashberryjack

BoJo vs Hunt on 19:52 - Jun 20 by exiledclaseboy

Who you voting for, Bluey?

Don't tell him Pike !

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

BoJo vs Hunt on 22:03 - Jun 20 with 906 viewsmonmouth

BoJo vs Hunt on 19:29 - Jun 20 by WarwickHunt

I thought some of the others were loopy the loop, but this one is a real live one. Right off his f*cking cart.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

BoJo vs Hunt on 22:08 - Jun 20 with 892 viewsmonmouth

Gotta love Tories.

Tory MPs are calling Jezza Hunt 'Theresa in Trousers'. Bluey's voting for a replacement Maybot. A C*ntbot.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

BoJo vs Hunt on 22:09 - Jun 20 with 888 viewssherpajacob

Gotta love Tories.

Bluey is in favour of Brexit because it is Tory party policy.

If the Tories change their policy back to remain, as it was from 1975-2016, then Bluey will change with it.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2019 22:15]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024