Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Recommend one book 22:35 - Jun 10 with 2632 viewsLala

I have the pleasure of Thursday Friday leave this week, with no commitments whatsoever 🤗

As rain in forecast I intend to visit Waterstones and purchase a lovely new paperback and barricade myself in for 2 days.

Any recommendations?

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Recommend one book on 17:22 - Jun 13 with 541 viewsjanegallagher

Recommend one book on 22:23 - Jun 12 by Lala

Sounds good okeh, going in the hat.

Am excited to read material not normally on my radar. That’s how we learn and how we grow.

Cheese fest over

Did you get sorted with your book LaLa x

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Recommend one book on 17:25 - Jun 13 with 540 viewsLala

Recommend one book on 17:22 - Jun 13 by janegallagher

Did you get sorted with your book LaLa x

I did Jane. Am starting it tomorrow.

I really think I will enjoy it. Read a couple of pages and the writing is very relatable. The reviews are excellent and I never would have picked it without the recommendations so thank you all!

Today is a good day xx

Recommend one book on 17:33 - Jun 13 with 536 viewsjanegallagher

Recommend one book on 17:25 - Jun 13 by Lala

I did Jane. Am starting it tomorrow.

I really think I will enjoy it. Read a couple of pages and the writing is very relatable. The reviews are excellent and I never would have picked it without the recommendations so thank you all!

Today is a good day xx

Oh good. Mine not arriving until Tuesday. Nothing better than a good book, the only thing is I become obsessed and have to read all in one go, nothing gets done. 🤪

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Recommend one book on 17:48 - Jun 13 with 529 viewsLala

Recommend one book on 17:33 - Jun 13 by janegallagher

Oh good. Mine not arriving until Tuesday. Nothing better than a good book, the only thing is I become obsessed and have to read all in one go, nothing gets done. 🤪

I absolutely used to be like that too, and I miss being like that. Am hoping I’ve just not found the right book recently and I may not surface from tomorrow until Im done 👍

Recommend one book on 00:29 - Jun 21 with 515 viewsjanegallagher

Recommend one book on 17:48 - Jun 13 by Lala

I absolutely used to be like that too, and I miss being like that. Am hoping I’ve just not found the right book recently and I may not surface from tomorrow until Im done 👍

Did you read your book LaLa. Off tomorrow so going to start mine,( Fred recommended) really looking forward to it, although nothing else will get done 😃

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Recommend one book on 00:34 - Jun 21 with 512 viewsLala

Recommend one book on 00:29 - Jun 21 by janegallagher

Did you read your book LaLa. Off tomorrow so going to start mine,( Fred recommended) really looking forward to it, although nothing else will get done 😃

I’m half way through. It’s excellent. I just struggle to sit peacefully for long periods at the mo so making slow but steady progress.

Let me know what you think about yours?

Recommend one book on 00:41 - Jun 21 with 506 viewsjanegallagher

Recommend one book on 00:34 - Jun 21 by Lala

I’m half way through. It’s excellent. I just struggle to sit peacefully for long periods at the mo so making slow but steady progress.

Let me know what you think about yours?

Yes will do, we can do a swap

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Recommend one book on 00:57 - Jun 21 with 503 viewsLala

Recommend one book on 00:41 - Jun 21 by janegallagher

Yes will do, we can do a swap

Definitely 👍 x

Login to get fewer ads

Recommend one book on 08:35 - Jun 21 with 494 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Recommend one book on 00:57 - Jun 21 by Lala

Definitely 👍 x

Which book did you choose Lala?

Actually thinking of going with Okeh's recommendation, once I finish The Rise and Fall of The Third Reich.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Recommend one book on 18:02 - Jun 21 with 487 viewsLala

Recommend one book on 08:35 - Jun 21 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Which book did you choose Lala?

Actually thinking of going with Okeh's recommendation, once I finish The Rise and Fall of The Third Reich.

A Gentleman In Moscow Red 👍 It’s very good. I need to clear a day just for reading only to be honest. Always seem to be dashing hither and thither these days.

My aim is to read all the recommendations in this thread. Be

Let us know how you get on with yours Red 👍

Recommend one book on 18:22 - Jun 21 with 478 viewsokeh_for_some

Recommend one book on 18:02 - Jun 21 by Lala

A Gentleman In Moscow Red 👍 It’s very good. I need to clear a day just for reading only to be honest. Always seem to be dashing hither and thither these days.

My aim is to read all the recommendations in this thread. Be

Let us know how you get on with yours Red 👍

I’m flattered Red! Hope you enjoy. I used to read quite a few novels but i’m Now more interested in historical literature. I find it incredible that anything that has been dreamed up in a novel has happened somewhere in the annals of time, only magnified ten fold. After reading Dee Brown, you’ll never watch another western and root for the cowboys!
Recommend one book on 11:14 - Jun 22 with 464 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Recommend one book on 18:22 - Jun 21 by okeh_for_some

I’m flattered Red! Hope you enjoy. I used to read quite a few novels but i’m Now more interested in historical literature. I find it incredible that anything that has been dreamed up in a novel has happened somewhere in the annals of time, only magnified ten fold. After reading Dee Brown, you’ll never watch another western and root for the cowboys!

Okeh

It's a part of history that I know next to nothing about. I saw a PBS documentary a few years back about Wounded Knee/Little Big Horn, and wanted to read more about it, however never got round to doing it.

Your recommendation is just the kick up the backside I needed.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Recommend one book on 12:25 - Jun 22 with 456 viewsspell_chekker

Recommend one book on 11:14 - Jun 22 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Okeh

It's a part of history that I know next to nothing about. I saw a PBS documentary a few years back about Wounded Knee/Little Big Horn, and wanted to read more about it, however never got round to doing it.

Your recommendation is just the kick up the backside I needed.

I've read the Dee Brown one.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Recommend one book on 09:46 - Jul 1 with 440 viewsLala

Recommend one book on 12:25 - Jun 22 by spell_chekker

I've read the Dee Brown one.

Have finished a Gentleman in Moscow and really really enjoyed. So glad I asked for recommendations as I really wouldn’t have looked at it twice in Waterstones 👍

Shall be randomly selecting the next one shortly.

Recommend one book on 16:54 - Jul 27 with 424 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Recommend one book on 09:46 - Jul 1 by Lala

Have finished a Gentleman in Moscow and really really enjoyed. So glad I asked for recommendations as I really wouldn’t have looked at it twice in Waterstones 👍

Shall be randomly selecting the next one shortly.

Any updates Lala?

Recommend one book on 17:15 - Jul 27 with 417 viewsLala

Recommend one book on 16:54 - Jul 27 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Any updates Lala?

No

Was thinking I need a book this morning so will get on and order one tonight.

Did you finish yours?

Recommend one book on 17:37 - Jul 27 with 411 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Recommend one book on 17:15 - Jul 27 by Lala

No

Was thinking I need a book this morning so will get on and order one tonight.

Did you finish yours?

I finally should finish The Rise and Fall of The Third Reich tomorrow or maybe Monday. So will finally move on to Okeh's recommendation. It's what prompted me to bump this thread.

Recommend one book on 17:59 - Jul 27 with 408 viewsokeh_for_some

Recommend one book on 17:37 - Jul 27 by BringBackTheRedRoom

I finally should finish The Rise and Fall of The Third Reich tomorrow or maybe Monday. So will finally move on to Okeh's recommendation. It's what prompted me to bump this thread.

Red - Just re-reading Bury My Heart and not disappointed. It’s probably 10 years since I last read it, but bought the paperback last year to take on holiday and never got round to it. I had a recommendation from a trusted source the other day for a book by Ben Macintyre called The Spy and the Traitor. Think that’s my next read,
Recommend one book on 19:32 - Jul 27 with 392 viewsspudgun

Recommend one book on 17:59 - Jul 27 by okeh_for_some

Red - Just re-reading Bury My Heart and not disappointed. It’s probably 10 years since I last read it, but bought the paperback last year to take on holiday and never got round to it. I had a recommendation from a trusted source the other day for a book by Ben Macintyre called The Spy and the Traitor. Think that’s my next read,

Listened to some of `The Spy and the Traitor` when it was serialised on Radio 4, and it was very good. Young spud has just bought it for his hols, so will borrow it when he is done.

Just finished the `The Go Between` by LP Hartley which was excellent if you like Victorian social hierarchy dramas with people daring to challenge the conventional social mores of the age with traumatic results for all.

Entitled upper class looking to marry well, attractive headstrong daughter, a rough charismatic tenant farmer, a long hot summer, a loaded gun, you can guess the rest...

All told through the eyes of a thirteen year old boy, fifty years later...
Recommend one book on 19:34 - Jul 27 with 392 viewsLala

Recommend one book on 19:32 - Jul 27 by spudgun

Listened to some of `The Spy and the Traitor` when it was serialised on Radio 4, and it was very good. Young spud has just bought it for his hols, so will borrow it when he is done.

Just finished the `The Go Between` by LP Hartley which was excellent if you like Victorian social hierarchy dramas with people daring to challenge the conventional social mores of the age with traumatic results for all.

Entitled upper class looking to marry well, attractive headstrong daughter, a rough charismatic tenant farmer, a long hot summer, a loaded gun, you can guess the rest...

Actually sounds right up my street that Spud 👍

Recommend one book on 19:40 - Jul 27 with 385 viewsokeh_for_some

Recommend one book on 19:32 - Jul 27 by spudgun

Thanks Spud - Spy and the Traitor for me
Recommend one book on 19:42 - Jul 27 with 385 viewsjanegallagher

Recommend one book on 19:34 - Jul 27 by Lala

Actually sounds right up my street that Spud 👍

I’ve got it here LaLa, not started reading it yet. You’re quite welcome to it

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Recommend one book on 20:22 - Jul 27 with 376 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Recommend one book on 19:42 - Jul 27 by janegallagher

I’ve got it here LaLa, not started reading it yet. You’re quite welcome to it

I don't know whether I mentioned these already, but "Something Happened" OR "Good as Gold" by Joseph Heller are both excellent.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Recommend one book on 23:10 - Aug 8 with 351 viewsspell_chekker

Recommend one book on 20:22 - Jul 27 by basilrobbiereborn

I don't know whether I mentioned these already, but "Something Happened" OR "Good as Gold" by Joseph Heller are both excellent.

I read a couple of John Grisham books on my hols.

His books are quite standard fare and be relied on to be a decent holiday read.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024