Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good luck to Andy Higgins today... 07:08 - May 2 with 2910 viewsspudgun

...standing in the local elections.

Have never met the fella, but he comes across as someone who is trustworthy and principled and will infuse Blackpool Council with some much needed verve if elected.

Getting elected may even surpass his seminal opus` I`m a Vexillologist` as his greatest gift to the `Gold Coast`.

Hope you get the numbers, Andy...

Just a reminder...Enjoy.

Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 13:22 - May 3 with 592 viewsROTTWEILERS

Results incoming:

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/politics/blackpool-and-fylde-local-elect

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 14:14 - May 3 with 569 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 13:22 - May 3 by ROTTWEILERS

Results incoming:

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/politics/blackpool-and-fylde-local-elect

Council website says Coleman and Blackburn elected.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 14:22 - May 3 with 564 viewsspudgun

Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 14:14 - May 3 by basilrobbiereborn

Council website says Coleman and Blackburn elected.

Yep, it would have been a giant-killing and some for an independent to have toppled them...

Did anybody summon up the enthusiasm to go and vote (or indeed spoil their ballot paper) yesterday?
Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 14:34 - May 3 with 557 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 14:22 - May 3 by spudgun

Yep, it would have been a giant-killing and some for an independent to have toppled them...

Did anybody summon up the enthusiasm to go and vote (or indeed spoil their ballot paper) yesterday?

I voted. Love to engage with the candidates, find their views, how local are they, if standing for re election, what's their attendance/voting record.

They all hate me.

Could vote for 3 in my ward. Voted for two independents as know them personally and one Labour who actually engaged with me.

The most bizarre thing was never had a visit of any of the 3 Tory candidates, only a standard newsletter of 4 pages and one whole page was dedicated to national issues (not Brexit tho). It's meant to be about local issues ffs.

Live in Fylde so there is no chance of this council changing.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 14:45 - May 3 with 552 viewsROTTWEILERS

Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 14:22 - May 3 by spudgun

I voted 1 x Labour & 1 x Tory.

Work that 💩 out 😲

Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 15:29 - May 3 with 542 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Unlucky for Andy, applaud him for trying.

ROTTS

You voted for the candidate with the Cods scarf??

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 16:16 - May 3 with 531 viewsROTTWEILERS

Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 15:29 - May 3 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Unlucky for Andy, applaud him for trying.

ROTTS

You voted for the candidate with the Cods scarf??

In fairness, my local (Tory) councillors are both spot on. Couldn't bring myself to double-dip though 🔵🔴

Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 17:32 - May 3 with 523 viewsspudgun

Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 16:16 - May 3 by ROTTWEILERS

In fairness, my local (Tory) councillors are both spot on. Couldn't bring myself to double-dip though 🔵🔴

So, with the Conservatives losing 1000+ seats, and Labour losing 100+, is the message from the great unwashed as simple as "get on with Brexit", as Mrs May has stated?
Login to get fewer ads

Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 22:39 - May 3 with 504 viewsLala

Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 17:58 - May 2 by spell_chekker

Thata's all you can ask of yourself.

It’s hard to break into the scene, and I think some will think he’s standing as a football fan not as a generic politician.

He’ll have to work at balancing that I think. Obviously a bright fella, maybe needs some wider community involvement to boost his cv for next time.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 00:54 - May 4 with 497 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 22:39 - May 3 by Lala

It’s hard to break into the scene, and I think some will think he’s standing as a football fan not as a generic politician.

He’ll have to work at balancing that I think. Obviously a bright fella, maybe needs some wider community involvement to boost his cv for next time.

Spud

Think sometimes too much can be read into local elections. London, Wales, Scotland and a few other places didn't vote, you get a much lower turnout than at General Elections, and in most wards you get to vote for more than one candidate.

I think we already knew the country is split, Labour & Tories got a kicking.

LibDems & Greens had a good night, but there was no ChangeUK candidates standing.

UKIP are claiming they had a good night as well, however they didn't have Farage's new Brexit party to fight this time.

The rise of Independents is interesting, the truly independent ones, should be applauded, however some of the others are people who quit their parties because the party brand was seen as too toxic to get them elected again, or they had been kicked out of their local party for whatever reason.

If you look in 6 months time I'll bet you see some of those NOC councils have turned back control to whoever is the largest party, as some of the "Independents" return to their original parties.

Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 07:33 - May 4 with 485 viewsspudgun

Good luck to Andy Higgins today... on 00:54 - May 4 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Spud

Think sometimes too much can be read into local elections. London, Wales, Scotland and a few other places didn't vote, you get a much lower turnout than at General Elections, and in most wards you get to vote for more than one candidate.

I think we already knew the country is split, Labour & Tories got a kicking.

LibDems & Greens had a good night, but there was no ChangeUK candidates standing.

UKIP are claiming they had a good night as well, however they didn't have Farage's new Brexit party to fight this time.

The rise of Independents is interesting, the truly independent ones, should be applauded, however some of the others are people who quit their parties because the party brand was seen as too toxic to get them elected again, or they had been kicked out of their local party for whatever reason.

If you look in 6 months time I'll bet you see some of those NOC councils have turned back control to whoever is the largest party, as some of the "Independents" return to their original parties.

Just seen the numbers; what a valiant effort.

Imagine what he could have got if he`d worn his underpants!

And well done to all you supported him...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024