Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Ainsworth 10:23 - Apr 30 with 16887 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Now 1/3 favourite to be our new manager

Let’s Rock and Roll
Gareth Ainsworth on 18:44 - Apr 30 with 3358 viewsE17hoop

Here are the latest odds in case anyone was interested:
https://www.oddschecker.com/football/manager-specials/qpr/next-permanent-manager

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Gareth Ainsworth on 18:46 - Apr 30 with 3351 viewsonlyrinmoray

Gareth Ainsworth on 17:30 - Apr 30 by daveB

He didn't sort them out when he played in the biggest team of wasters. I loved Hill but not sure why he should be considered.

Well if Mark Bircham who some on here want as manager FFS can be considered Clint definitely should be. As I said not as manager but in an assistant role Being a player in a team of wasters if different from when you are in a managerial position

Anyway I know its a long shot him coming here, he will possibly take over at Fleetwood
Gareth Ainsworth on 19:33 - Apr 30 with 3195 viewsGloucs_R

So apart from a celebrity fan, where has this rumour come from?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Gareth Ainsworth on 21:58 - Apr 30 with 2846 viewsGloucs_R

Good article about wild thing and the challenges he's faced at Wycombe

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/21/gareth-ainsworth-wycombe-wander

Gareth Ainsworth on 22:05 - Apr 30 with 2814 viewsLblock

Gareth Ainsworth on 18:44 - Apr 30 by E17hoop

Here are the latest odds in case anyone was interested:
https://www.oddschecker.com/football/manager-specials/qpr/next-permanent-manager

Slaven Bilic at 66's

Oooooh matron

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Gareth Ainsworth on 22:41 - Apr 30 with 2733 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Gareth Ainsworth on 21:58 - Apr 30 by Gloucs_R

Good article about wild thing and the challenges he's faced at Wycombe

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/21/gareth-ainsworth-wycombe-wander

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Gareth Ainsworth on 22:51 - Apr 30 with 2703 viewsPunteR

Gareth Ainsworth on 18:33 - Apr 30 by Rangersw12

Got a team promoted and kept them in that league on a very low budget

Seems to be good with young players and has decent standards which is something we have lacked the last few years

He isn't my 1st choice but would be happy with this appointment

I've got mixed feelings on this. On the one hand he is a top bloke, hardworking , down to earth sort of fella who is a QPR legend.
On the other i don't think his football managing credentials stack up to what we really need.
I also don't want to tarnish his reputation as we have done with Ollie.
Does it ever work out when a former players and club legends goes back to manage..? I can't think of one. ?
If he gets the job i will 100% back him though.

Edit. Can i 100% back him after saying that.??
[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 23:09]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gareth Ainsworth on 23:10 - Apr 30 with 2647 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Gareth Ainsworth on 22:51 - Apr 30 by PunteR

I've got mixed feelings on this. On the one hand he is a top bloke, hardworking , down to earth sort of fella who is a QPR legend.
On the other i don't think his football managing credentials stack up to what we really need.
I also don't want to tarnish his reputation as we have done with Ollie.
Does it ever work out when a former players and club legends goes back to manage..? I can't think of one. ?
If he gets the job i will 100% back him though.

Edit. Can i 100% back him after saying that.??
[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 23:09]

Yeah I'm the same.

To be honest at this stage any kind of feeling counts for something.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Ainsworth on 23:17 - Apr 30 with 2613 viewsSimonJames

Gareth Ainsworth on 18:33 - Apr 30 by Rangersw12

Got a team promoted and kept them in that league on a very low budget

Seems to be good with young players and has decent standards which is something we have lacked the last few years

He isn't my 1st choice but would be happy with this appointment

After 6 seasons of trying, he finally got them promoted from League 2 to League 1. Is that really what we need at QPR to move forward?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Gareth Ainsworth on 00:09 - May 1 with 2530 viewsdaveB

Gareth Ainsworth on 23:17 - Apr 30 by SimonJames

After 6 seasons of trying, he finally got them promoted from League 2 to League 1. Is that really what we need at QPR to move forward?

He's been promoted twice to league 1 on a budget that should see him in the bottom 6 of league 2

Still I'd take no notice of the odds anyway, Sherwood was a certainty according to bookies last week
Gareth Ainsworth on 02:32 - May 1 with 2468 viewstimcocking

I just can't see why not.

So it goes badly, big deal. I for one will still love him, i expect our next appointment and the one after to be complete failures, so what. Doesn't mean we have to suddenly hate him for it. We don't hate Ollie.

He'd love the chance, love it. Give him a bloody go. I'd be gutted to not be given the chance 'in case some of our fans become upset when we lose and blame him'. That's a pathetic reason to not give the chance i feel he's earned.
Gareth Ainsworth on 07:23 - May 1 with 2323 viewsGloucs_R

Dave Mc saying no truth in it

Gareth Ainsworth on 07:30 - May 1 with 2305 viewstraininvain

Portsmouth / Kenny Jackett missed out on automatic promotion last night.

Could be good news for us / those who want him as no guarantee they’ll go up via playoffs.
Gareth Ainsworth on 07:38 - May 1 with 2287 viewsToast_R

Not saying we should consider him or indeed he'd be in the running at all, but Wally Downs has done an amazing job at Wimbledon, they looked dead and burried when he took over and now a point from securing League 1 status, which they should against bottom Bradford.
Gareth Ainsworth on 08:02 - May 1 with 2235 viewsTheChef

Gareth Ainsworth on 07:23 - May 1 by Gloucs_R

Dave Mc saying no truth in it

Exactly, these are odds from betting companies, what do they know?

Ainsworth doing a very good job at Wycombe and has been given plenty of time there, which we all know he's unlikely to get at Loftus Road. Hate to say it, but appointing a League One manager is most likely to lead to...League One.

Should Portsmouth fail in the play offs, then I would still be doing everything to get Kenny Jackett back at Loftus Road.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Gareth Ainsworth on 08:29 - May 1 with 2174 viewstraininvain

Gareth Ainsworth on 07:38 - May 1 by Toast_R

Not saying we should consider him or indeed he'd be in the running at all, but Wally Downs has done an amazing job at Wimbledon, they looked dead and burried when he took over and now a point from securing League 1 status, which they should against bottom Bradford.

Think he’s a Ranger. But will always be remembered for the Warnock story about him playing with his balls when he confronted him after the Reading vs Sheff Utd scrap many years ago.
Gareth Ainsworth on 09:10 - May 1 with 2097 viewskingsburyR

Its a no from me.

Agree with the Legend(ish) status but hes a smidge tainted as a manager for me after parking the bus against a bunch of Man Utd kids. We should have had a go that night.

I cant see how he has the credentials for a Championship team that is deep in the mire.

I'd take Jackett all day long then Warburton. After that its slim pickings.

And me being the Donkey I am I renewed yesterday regardless of saying that I would not.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Gareth Ainsworth on 09:36 - May 1 with 2045 viewsBuckR

Gareth Ainsworth on 09:10 - May 1 by kingsburyR

Its a no from me.

Agree with the Legend(ish) status but hes a smidge tainted as a manager for me after parking the bus against a bunch of Man Utd kids. We should have had a go that night.

I cant see how he has the credentials for a Championship team that is deep in the mire.

And me being the Donkey I am I renewed yesterday regardless of saying that I would not.

Wouldn't go for him either but dont remember that Utd side being full of kids. The team was

Kuszczak, Rafael Da Silva, Neville (Vidic 89), Evans, O'Shea, Gibson, Possebon (Welbeck 72), Anderson, Nani, Tevez, Park

But get your point nonetheless
Gareth Ainsworth on 10:28 - May 1 with 1908 viewsdaveB

Gareth Ainsworth on 08:02 - May 1 by TheChef

Ainsworth doing a very good job at Wycombe and has been given plenty of time there, which we all know he's unlikely to get at Loftus Road. Hate to say it, but appointing a League One manager is most likely to lead to...League One.

Should Portsmouth fail in the play offs, then I would still be doing everything to get Kenny Jackett back at Loftus Road.

I'd go for Jackett as well but should point out he's a league one manager as well
Gareth Ainsworth on 10:29 - May 1 with 1908 viewsloftboy

Gareth Ainsworth on 08:02 - May 1 by TheChef

Isn’t he a league 1 manager?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Gareth Ainsworth on 10:33 - May 1 with 1883 viewsTheChef

Gareth Ainsworth on 10:29 - May 1 by loftboy

Isn’t he a league 1 manager?

OK well done you and Dave B for finding the hole in my argument ;)

I'll qualify it with the point that he has plenty of Championship experience. Not something Ainsworth has.

Gareth Ainsworth on 10:40 - May 1 with 1865 viewsfrancisbowles

Gareth Ainsworth on 09:10 - May 1 by kingsburyR

Its a no from me.

So what year was this?
Gareth Ainsworth on 10:55 - May 1 with 1812 viewsRs_Holy

Gareth Ainsworth on 10:33 - May 1 by TheChef

OK well done you and Dave B for finding the hole in my argument ;)

I'll qualify it with the point that he has plenty of Championship experience. Not something Ainsworth has.

I'm doubting he'd come to us even if Pompey lose in the playoffs? Pompey seem to have plenty of momentum, we appear to have the opposite.
Gareth Ainsworth on 11:05 - May 1 with 1768 viewsCamberleyR

Gareth Ainsworth on 10:40 - May 1 by francisbowles

So what year was this?

2008, the first of his caretaker spells after Dowie was sacked.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Gareth Ainsworth on 11:10 - May 1 with 1741 viewsTheChef

Gareth Ainsworth on 10:55 - May 1 by Rs_Holy

I'm doubting he'd come to us even if Pompey lose in the playoffs? Pompey seem to have plenty of momentum, we appear to have the opposite.

Well there is that.

Arguably the main issue is who wants the job in the first place!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024